Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Desperate Character posted:

are you not allowed to level up at the first bonfire? I went deprived because I wanted to build my levels up as I go in the game but this first boss is such a pain in the rear end during the second stage I might as well switch classes for now and do a level one run after I beat the game a few times and get used to this system of dodging.

Fire Keeper handles leveling. If you're talking about Gundyr then :roflolmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Stokes posted:

I'm not having any techinical problems except for sometimes it stutters when it saves, but I sure am getting my dick kicked in by just about everything!

Oh cool someone else is getting the save stutter. So it's not just my computer then.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hearing from neogaf that putting your lighting on low fixes crashes. meh.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Anal Surgery posted:

For (i think) the first boss after you get to Firelink, the ice mace dog man, he seems scary at first, but he suffers from Sif Crotch Safe Zone syndrome. The only issue is when the camera goes apeshit when you're under him.

So far everything does except Lil' Manus.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Is the name that appears on a summoning sign your character name or Steam name?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
putting down fake illusory wall notices is a great handicap in the early days of the game. you get 3 downvotes for every 1, but theres enough spiteful bastards out there that with 5 notices you get a ping at least every couple of minutes or so.

edit: 970 and amd quad core. no crashes , settings on high or max, looks insanely good. the undead settlement in particular is a great area.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Man I was so happy to find the Claymore early on that I immediately got it to +3 and buffed it with the fire gem, but... I'm not liking the moveset that much in this game, and it seems kind of weak honestly. I'm thinking about going back to the deep axe, anyone digging the claymore at all?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I dig how the analogous titanite demon is now just a gigantic overmutated crystal lizard

the old ones had a bigger Whoa quotient, but this just makes intuitive sense

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Well, played 4 hours solid till i got my first crash as I was murdering a BonziBro. Oddly, it appeared to be steam had crashed and exited rather than the game exe itself which i've not seen in a while.
Seems mostly stable otherwise for me except for a tiny pause upon picking up some items and i've got everything maxed out. (AMD 7970, i5 3570)

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

does literally everyone just play the game with 2 phantoms at all times? all 4 of my invades have been 3v1s lol

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
This game runs really well for me except in certain areas or when fighting bosses, when suddenly there will be gigantic hitches. I was fighting what I think is the second boss and every time they rushed at me the screen would freeze up for nearly a second at a time, and it ended up getting me killed because I couldn't dodge anything.

I've got a GTX 750 which, while not blazing fast, should at least be able to handle this stuff no problem. Anyone know what could be up?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Aaand I'm back to crashing :( Got to the second bonfire in Lothric at least, here's hoping the game is patched soon.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

GreyPowerVan posted:

does literally everyone just play the game with 2 phantoms at all times? all 4 of my invades have been 3v1s lol

it matches you against groups before lone players so yeah you're mostly going to get them

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Max settings, GTX970 on a i5 6400, 4 hours in and no crashes or stuttering. But I guess I have to get some sleep now; don't want to fall asleep at work later.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

GreyPowerVan posted:

I think it's more that invasions are weighted for you to invade people with phantoms. Also, new game, high population density in the early zones, etc.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

weighting it for 3v1 every time is kind of meh though. 2v1 would be okay.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
I was all hyped about playing a dexterity dual wield guy, but when I started as a mercenary with twin blades I just felt like I wasn't doing any damage. I got tired of it and switched to knight just to see the difference, and holy poo poo. It's absolutely night and day. Not only does the starting long sword do significantly more damage that the twin blades, but armor seems to be making a much bigger difference in this game than in previous titles.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Lol @ pc mustard race suffering a ton of issues. Good choice of platform. :thumbsup:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Is there a way to switch my jump button to circle DkS1 style? I loving hate the stick click jump but every time I try to change it it doesn't save.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Genocyber posted:

Lol @ pc mustard race suffering a ton of issues. Good choice of platform. :thumbsup:

You can practically set your clock by the post-release crashfest of every major PC game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Genocyber posted:

I just wanted to play with my friends. :negative:

Also wow the longsword and lucerne are good.

quote:

it matches you against groups before lone players so yeah you're mostly going to get them

They didn't need to bring that aspect of Bloodborne back.

quote:

Is there a way to switch my jump button to circle DkS1 style? I loving hate the stick click jump but every time I try to change it it doesn't save.

There's a section for keybindings. It includes joystick!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

Why are you being mean, I don't even own a PS4/Xbone so this is the only way I can play Souls games :(

Also

Your Computer posted:

Not going to be able to afford upgrading anytime soon though, and I can't just not play Dark Souls III. If my PC melts through the floor, at least it did it while doing something good.

I just remembered that I can actually afford it very soon, so my question to the thread is; Is a GTX 960 plenty enough? The 970 is way more expensive and honestly my 670 has been good enough for all other games so far.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RBA Starblade posted:

There's a section for keybindings. It includes joystick!

Yeah, trying to swap it to circle there doesn't actually work since it just goes back to default whenever I do. Other button swaps work fine.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I got the white screen issue fixed and now my dinky little R9 200-something is running this at silky smooth frame rates and I murdered a katana man? Was this a bad thing? I still haven't died either I'm not sure what's going on.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
I see someone at From is a Resident Evil fan.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!

Your Computer posted:

I just remembered that I can actually afford it very soon, so my question to the thread is; Is a GTX 960 plenty enough? The 970 is way more expensive and honestly my 670 has been good enough for all other games so far.

I use a 950 and have had zero issues so far.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Control Volume posted:

I got the white screen issue fixed and now my dinky little R9 200-something is running this at silky smooth frame rates and I murdered a katana man? Was this a bad thing? I still haven't died either I'm not sure what's going on.

you're the real monster here

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kanos posted:

Yeah, trying to swap it to circle there doesn't actually work since it just goes back to default whenever I do. Other button swaps work fine.

That's weird, it worked for me.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Oh, unrelated to performance issues, but what the holy hell was From trying to pull with the default Steam controller bindings? All over the place trying to navigate the menu screen.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

lets hang out posted:

you're the real monster here

Look he started it, I didn't do anything and he charged me

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Doin' great, in the middle of the first area, managed to get to the second bonfire in that area without dying, but the weird snake monsters surprised me. Trying to make my default build for first runs of DS games, A paladin type with self-buffs from clerical magic.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah I put my lighting on low, no crashes at bonfires.

fuckin game CHUGS sometimes, wow. *spins camera, game ch-ch-chuuuuuuuuuuug ZOOM 40FPS* what the gently caress

I beat High Wall of Lothric, but I apparently missed a club somewhere <_<

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The undead at the Wall with the crossbows are loving merciless.

Good thing the dragon kills them for you if you go halfway up the stairs.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SoldadoDeTone posted:

I use a 950 and have had zero issues so far.

Wonderful! I'll never forget the day my grandma saved christmasmy videogame addiction. Thanks, grandma :3:

Assuming we'll get a patch in the next few days, I should be ready with a new graphics card and determination to play some god drat Darkborne Demon's Souls.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Is there an early place to pick up the partisan? Wanna use it, just passed the first real boss

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Put in a refund request. i5 4590, 24GB RAM, and an MSI 970. No reason it should run like poo poo, but it did.

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
For all the poo poo goons give the XBone, it can at least play the drat game without crashing.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I've been able to 100% dodge the bonfire crash by setting everything, not just SSAO and shadows, to off whenever I think I have to pass whatever the load threshold is around bonfires that causes the engine to poo poo itself. Pain in the rear end, but less so than crashing. Boy that seems to imply some weird/bad coding decisons as far as rendering goes, though.

Running an intel 4670k with a GTX 770.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I thought the game wasn't out until the 12th? I'm on PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

actionjackson posted:

I thought the game wasn't out until the 12th? I'm on PS4

it's out on ps4 at midnight

rich plebs got it at 6pm