Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Ok, so, what sort of hoops do I have to jump this time to get a controller working for the steam version?

I've got this old playstation styled logitech controller that did work for ds1 and for ds2 with some 3rd party poo poo, but with ds3 all Ican do is move my guy around, none of the other buttons do anything.

I'm trying to fiddle with x360ce but idk, this poo poo is just tedious as all hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I plugged in a wired 360 pad and then I was off to the races.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dang, even updating drivers isn't helping the heating. Guess my hopes are on that patch.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Setting light effects to low and switching from pyromancer to knight seems to have eliminated all my crashing. What a weird game.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

Setting light effects to low and switching from pyromancer to knight seems to have eliminated all my crashing. What a weird game.

I'm a knight too and I've been crash-free. If stability issues are seriously tied to what class you pick I'm gonna laaaaugh

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

Flashing my onyx masonic ring at 5 cent wing n trivia night at Dinglers Sports Bar - Ozma
I'm getting a frame stutter during saves. It's noticeable and has gotten me killed. I have an I7 5820k, gtx 980, and 32 gigs of RAM.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
lol I just summoned an rear end***in how does that even make sense

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Oxxidation posted:

I'm a knight too and I've been crash-free. If stability issues are seriously tied to what class you pick I'm gonna laaaaugh

pyromancer here and absolutely no issues

edit: except that my girlfriend kicked me off the pc in the bedroom so she can go to bed. argh/

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Iudex Gundyr was pretty fun, not that tough but really cool.

I'm already getting the urge to go remake my dude because he looks worse in-game than in character creation though :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Man, five invasions to get the REO, five laggy uchi phantoms. The more things change, etc.

Orv fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 12, 2016

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I picked the dex guy and crashed right after the first bonfire.

Also my PC is going haywire, the fans sound like they are dying. I'm guessing this isn't the best of PC ports.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Harrow posted:

Iudex Gundyr was pretty fun, not that tough but really cool.

I'm already getting the urge to go remake my dude because he looks worse in-game than in character creation though :v:

Ludex was a chump but then I got wrecked by Katanaman. His speed surprised me.

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007
37 minutes until I walk into Gamestop and pick up my PS4 copy. Hallelujah.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Well with these performance issues I guess the thread title is correct :v:

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

triple sulk posted:

Put in a refund request. i5 4590, 24GB RAM, and an MSI 970. No reason it should run like poo poo, but it did.

Running fine with the same setup except with 8GB of Ram at 1080p/Max settings. Currently using 361.91 drivers. No crashes and started as Pyromancer.

Also using a PS4 controller plugged via USB.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
I'm loving the Butcher Knife this time round. Sharpened and used against an invader, it still heals me when hitting a shield.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, I chose Soverignless Soul as my gift..I don't have it. Did I miss it, or something?

edit: MY BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 12, 2016

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Is there anything comparable to the Ratbro covenant this time around? Freaking loved that thing.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Gortarius posted:

I'm trying to fiddle with x360ce but idk, this poo poo is just tedious as all hell.

I would not recommend using x360ce until we know the softban situation.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
DS3 ran great on my machine for four hours tonight, but I tried to summon a bunch of times and all of them failed immediately :\

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Flame effects in general seem to be what's causing the crashes. Which is hilarious considering the themes of this game.

Bonfires, pyromancy and the fire breath from the dragon have all crashed my game horribly.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

everything aside, I have to ask the most important question of any Souls game, more than anything about PC builds or weapon choices or whatever

what's the message system like

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I feel like I'm compelled to defeat enemies that are too tough simply because I know you can do it. Then I proceed to die 10 times to this abomination.

By the way, did anyone feel like the tutorial boss is a deliberate subversion of the boss fights in DkS2? I'm so glad I hadn't seen that beforehand.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Lovely Senorita posted:

everything aside, I have to ask the most important question of any Souls game, more than anything about PC builds or weapon choices or whatever

I am tormented by promises of illusory walls at every dead end.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Gortarius posted:

Ok, so, what sort of hoops do I have to jump this time to get a controller working for the steam version?

I've got this old playstation styled logitech controller that did work for ds1 and for ds2 with some 3rd party poo poo, but with ds3 all Ican do is move my guy around, none of the other buttons do anything.

Try downloading Input Mapper, it is a later version of DS4Windows, which is what I'm using to use my Dualshock 4 on PC.

Panty Saluter posted:

DS3 ran great on my machine for four hours tonight, but I tried to summon a bunch of times and all of them failed immediately :\

I am in the same boat, I get 3 or 4 summon signs appearing at small intervals around bonfires (they also seem to disappear very quickly if you dont act), and something like 7/10 summon attempts immediately fail. I do find that sometimes I place my own sign and get a summon straight away, which is cool.

Lovely Senorita posted:

The message system is great! You can now go through a short history of messages you have read, and rate them remotely. Leave messages everywhere.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 12, 2016

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Lovely Senorita posted:

Phrase conjunction phrase with or without an accompanying gesture that shows up as a ghost of your char

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.

Lovely Senorita posted:

Well one of the phrases is "Huh. It's a ..." so it's pretty cool in my book. Honestly it does seem more robust than 1 or 2. And someone upthread said you can link emotes to them somehow which sounds awesome.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I've seen people mention a store being available early in the game but I can't find it.

Where's this store?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Gentwise posted:

Well one of the phrases is "Huh. It's a ..." so it's pretty cool in my book. Honestly it does seem more robust than 1 or 2. And someone upthread said you can link emotes to them somehow which sounds awesome.

Yeah I found a "Huh. It's a Shortcut" and things like that. And yeah you can link them to emotes like in Bloodborne.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Macintosh HD posted:

I've seen people mention a store being available early in the game but I can't find it.

Where's this store?

It's in Firelink, old lady chilling in the same corridor that leads to Andre.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Macintosh HD posted:

Where's this store?

Old lady in the chair in firelink by andre

Also playing dark souls 3 at 800x600, it's actually a PS2 game and we didn't realize it. My 550ti can run the game, though, and that's what matters.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Macintosh HD posted:

Where's this store?

Old lady in the chair at the shrine.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
For some reason covenentor is a word

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gentwise posted:

Well one of the phrases is "Huh. It's a ..." so it's pretty cool in my book.

pretty cool in mine too! Huh. It's a skeleton. :spooky:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
uh guys i don't think this is supposed to happen :stare:

spoiler is the first boss that gives a soul when defeated.

And yes we were able to fight him through the fog like this. What the gently caress? :stare:

axeil fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 12, 2016

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM25-lz1Yms

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

WaltherFeng posted:

I feel like I'm compelled to defeat enemies that are too tough simply because I know you can do it. Then I proceed to die 10 times to this abomination.

By the way, did anyone feel like the tutorial boss is a deliberate subversion of the boss fights in DkS2? I'm so glad I hadn't seen that beforehand.

Yeah, he was really cool. Only took me two tries, but a fun fight, and the reveal was very well done. "All right big guy, I know your ga-oh. OH! Now THAT'S a little more interesting!"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I joined the purple pals! It's hilarious. :v:

e: As a pal you can see which soapstone signs are your friends and which aren't in the covenant too. :v:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
:allears: Its working

I'm just hanging out embered wearing the way of the blue covenant, and both red and purple invaders keep popping in, and whenever they do a bluecop shows up to help me fight them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Found a sword that causes frostbite (slow) on hit. Game owns.