Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Elfgames posted:

If this manga were real goons with spoons would be amazing.

a lot of the stuff some of the regulars in goons with spoons already come up with are honestly a ton more impressive than most everything that's been served in sns to be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Futaba Anzu posted:

a lot of the stuff some of the regulars in goons with spoons already come up with are honestly a ton more impressive than most everything that's been served in sns to be honest

It's not about the food itself, it's about how hotblooded everyone would be and how eating good food would be downright orgasmic.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Elfgames posted:

If this manga were real goons with spoons would be amazing.

A manga of the chickencheese alone thread would be a once in a decade hit.

The first 7 pages are a bunch of hot-blooded self proclaimed experts showing off their talent while some minor talents show up just to compete and then on page 8 DoomRoster (masquerading as a 'minor talent') loving annihilates them in one fell swoop and teaches them there is always more to learn. Then top class experts from other fields join the fight and show how their mastery of skills can also make a chickencheese.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Apr 12, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God loving drat I remember the chickencheese thread.

It was a thing of beauty.

I should seek it out once more.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just threw another dinner party this weekend. Will have to poke my friends for photos of the dishes, but here's one that they took of dessert:

Key lime pie and homemade cardamom ice cream. :)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
you are amazing now send that over to me

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Futaba Anzu posted:

it's not about impressiveness it's about adding even more drama

pentyne posted:

The first 7 pages are a bunch of hot-blooded self proclaimed experts showing off their talent while some minor talents show up just to compete and then on page 8 DoomRoster (masquerading as a 'minor talent') loving annihilates them in one fell swoop and teaches them there is always more to learn. Then top class experts from other fields join the fight and show how their mastery of skills can also make a chickencheese.

this dude gets it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Voting to rename the thread Toons with Spoons

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Seconded.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

pentyne posted:

You can't just throw that out there without a link to the archives, man.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Dude, you don't even need a link to the archives. Just googling that poo poo gives you the thread as its top result.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Good lord it truly is a celebration of mediocrity.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It is. And then gets delicious at page 8.

Also, korean scans up, as well as rough translation on /a/.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

whoa i'm there on page 1

hosed up

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Voting to rename the thread Toons with Spoons

Thirded, make it happen.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

New Chapter.

Soma is about to get crushed.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

New Chapter.

Soma is about to get crushed.

At least the stakes have gone beyond Totsuki now and Central can't just be left well enough alone.

We were in dire need of a conflict lock for a while now.

NowonSA posted:

Thirded, make it happen.

:agreed:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The only way I can see this going is Tsukasa winning, followed by either "you know what? You're not suited to cook under me after all" or "huh, your dish was interesting, and if you joined Central now it would only stifle your creativity, never mind the bet then".

The Elite Ten are supposed to be the best chefs around the school. The final bosses, so to speak. Soma winning against the first seat would absolutely kill the tension.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

rofl the foodgasm

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mikl posted:

The only way I can see this going is Tsukasa winning, followed by either "you know what? You're not suited to cook under me after all" or "huh, your dish was interesting, and if you joined Central now it would only stifle your creativity, never mind the bet then".

The Elite Ten are supposed to be the best chefs around the school. The final bosses, so to speak. Soma winning against the first seat would absolutely kill the tension.

Souma will lose and then Erina will challenge the First Seat to release Souma (and possibly make him her assistant) with her servitude on the line.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Mikl posted:

I really doubt it'll be the second option there. This whole chapter was basically to show that Tsukasa doesn't care at all about cooking apart from his own, so there's no way he'll change sides so quickly and easily. My guess is Soma loses and the rest of the team need to rescue him from Central, either through cooking fights or through trading something equally valuable which is probably Erina.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Davincie posted:

rofl the foodgasm

They didn't even try to make it related to the food either it was like "hey we haven't seen Hisako naked in a while"

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So Central wants to shut down all restaurant's that aren't 5-Star quality and probably charge $25 just to get a cup of soup?

Fuckin rich people

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im glad they're taking a class warfare angle, its the best way to make azami seem like even more of an rear end in a top hat

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

im glad they're taking a class warfare angle, its the best way to make azami seem like even more of an rear end in a top hat

i'm not cause its just making this arc even more dumb

i'd be really happy to see centrals plan for dealing with the massive worldwide protests and local rioting

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Just step back for a second to consider that Azami's ultimate goal is so breathtakingly stupid it actually breaks the suspension of disbelief in a manga where people's clothing explodes when they eat tasty enough food.

Like, how is it possible none of the members of the Elite 10 noticed that Azami is a delusional maniac if he thinks he has the power to shut down all the local restaurants throughout the entire country because he got 5 teenagers to vote him in as the principal of a cooking high school (Totsuki isn't even a post-primary educational facility).

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 15, 2016

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Just step back for a second to consider that Azami's ultimate goal is so breathtakingly stupid it actually breaks the suspension of disbelief in a manga where people's clothing explodes when they eat tasty enough food.

Like, how is it possible none of the members of the Elite 10 noticed that Azami is a delusional maniac if he thinks he has the power to shut down all the local restaurants throughout the entire country because he got 5 teenagers to vote him in as the principal of a cooking high school (Totsuki isn't even a post-primary educational facility).

TBH I'm thinking a good part of them are actually doing it for the lulz. But, yeah, Azami is really dumb and the kids are basically being impressed by hard men doing hard things.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Japan is weird. Also, chefs don't need more than a high school education, just vocational/on-the-job training which school provides. Again, it's not just a cooking high school, it's the cooking high school.

My suspension of disbelief holds, but that's partially because the genre demands it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, Tsukasa. You're kind of a douche! :allears:

Also, holy poo poo Azami is so hilariously out of touch with reality it's kinda sad.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Also, holy poo poo Azami is so hilariously out of touch with reality it's kinda sad.

Seems appropriate for a high society rich guy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, but didn't he marry into riches or something? Man, if only his dear senpai hadn't bolted it before graduation.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's actually more appropriate for a nouveau riche guy (like he is) since the upper class generally understands and reinforces the status quo (in this case, having dining that caters to everyone).

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I think the important part of this Shokugeki is that it doesn't have any judges and therefore is not a real shokugeki and the bet is not actually on. Erina will be asked to judge the dishes and will foodgasm to both, resulting in a tie.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

UchihaHirou posted:

I think the important part of this Shokugeki is that it doesn't have any judges and therefore is not a real shokugeki and the bet is not actually on. Erina will be asked to judge the dishes and will foodgasm to both, resulting in a tie.

Yeah, wasn't one of the key tenets minimum 3 judges, an agreed to wager and also registration with the shokugeki department?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

erina will only foodgasm to souma's dish because it will be made full of love for her

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

There will be three judges, erina, hishoko, and erinas tongue.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Davincie posted:

erina will only foodgasm to souma's dish because it will be made full of love for her

full of love huh

Yggdrasil325
Jul 24, 2011

ChronoReverse posted:

Yeah, wasn't one of the key tenets minimum 3 judges, an agreed to wager and also registration with the shokugeki department?

Yeah, I was surprised that they started immediately. I don't think this will turn out to be official.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Japan is weird.

It's not. This is just dumb writing for a really dumb villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hahaha, wow, how do the main characters not call out how dumb Central is?