Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

Absolutely and here's why!

Bankers Association chief Steve Munchenberg has refused to rule out a mining tax-style ad campaign to fight Labor's proposed royal commission into the banking and finance sector.
The head of the nation's banking lobbying cautioned the lobby group is not "actively considering" an ad campaign at this time, ahead of an expected July 2 double dissolution election, but said it remained on the table as one of a range of options under consideration.

And marketing consultant Toby Ralph, who has worked on 50 election campaigns across 3 continents including for the former Howard government, said he had "no doubt the banks can run a campaign that will turn the political opportunism of a royal commission into an electoral nightmare for Labor".
In 2010, the mining industry spent about $22 million on a six week ad campaign opposing Labor's proposed Resources Super Profits Tax.
The campaign effectively blew up Kevin Rudd's prime ministership and he was dumped by the ALP for Julia Gillard, who rapidly made peace with the big miners.

Labor proposed a two year, $53 million inquiry last Friday after a series of scandals at the Commonwealth Bank, Macquarie Bank and National Australia Bank, and allegations from corporate regulator ASIC that the ANZ and Westpac rigged the bank bill swap rate.
Mr Munchenberg told Fairfax Media that Labor had not made the case for a banking royal commission and that the ABA had "not ruled out" an ad campaign.
"We are not currently looking at such a thing [an advertising campaign] but we are actively considering an appropriate response from the industry. Our main focus at this stage is to highlight the fact of why we think a royal commission would not achieve anything beyond what is already being done," he said.

Mr Ralph said a campaign "would cost banks $20 million or so, being around one 10th of what they'd spend on responses to a commission".
While banks made easy targets, Mr Ralph said voters disliked politicians too.
"What makes campaigns of this nature successful is impact at the ballot box. I'd demonstrate the core truths, rather than simply claiming them, then run a marginal seat campaign talking about how a commission will increase mortgages, arguing that a vote for Labor is a green light for increased home loan rates. That would cost them seats."

Monash University economics professor Rodney Maddock has estimated the cost of the royal commission could run to $250 million - including as much as $50 million for each for the major banks.
Meanwhile, former Reserve Bank board member Warwick McKibbin accused Labor of playing a "dangerous game" with a fundamental pillar of the Australian economy.

" When the global financial system is under pressure, you don't want to be having a review based purely on politics. Banks are a key pillar of the economy and this is a dangerous game to play," he said.
Both sides of politics traded blows over the inquiry on Tuesday, with Opposition Leader Bill Shorten arguing ASIC did a good job but pointing out it had been hit by a $120 million, four year funding cut in Tony Abbott's first budget in 2014.
Shadow treasurer Chris Bowen said a royal commission would - as well as examining the financial sector - probe the power and ability of sector regulators, including ASIC and the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
"Is Mr Turnbull really suggesting the right way of determining the resourcing and ability of ASIC is to have ASIC conduct an inquiry into themselves? That is what a royal commission is for."

Treasurer Scott Morrison, whose office released a fact sheet arguing ASIC had equivalent powers to a royal commission, questioned Labor push for the probe when it had ignored the findings of the royal commission into trade unions.
"It [ASIC] actually has more powers than a royal commission, because it can go ahead and rosecute ... it can act on its own motion, it can take referrals from ministers, it can compel witnesses," he said.
The federal government, which is under pressure from its own backbench for so rapidly ruling out the inquiry, has indicated ASIC could receive a funding boost in the May budget.
The government fact sheet pointed out both ASIC and a royal commission had coercive investigative powers, that penalties existed for failing to give evidence or concealing documents and that in both cases statements made under compulsion were not admissible in civil and criminal proceedings.

But Labor released a separate analysis from the independent parliamentary library that showed ASIC faced time constraints on its investigations, that ASIC's investigations occurred in private whereas royal commissions were typically conducted in the full gaze of public scrutiny and that when summoning witnesses an ASIC officer needed "reasonable grounds" for the summons whereas a royal commission generally faced no statutory prerequisites.

They have gently caress all else, and this is a public threat that the banks are going to make labours life a living hell if they campaign on this issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

norp posted:

If you think no crimes have been committed with a particular type of gun in the last 125 years then I have a bridge to sell you.

News reports rarely tell you the model of gun that was used in the commission of a crime.

OK Farmer Brown may have poached an emu with a lever-action shotgun in 1903 or something, but it seems a stretch to go from "someone may have possibly committed a low profile crime in the last century" to "what kind of poo poo stain wants to put these guns on our streets :derp: PANIC PANIC THIS IS TERRIFYING NEW TECHNOLOGY :derp:"

Kat Delacour posted:

A good graph that should be more prominent in the HECS debate (Click for article)

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the push for every man woman and child to go to university (even if it's Gender Studies with a minor in some language that's been dead for centuries), therefore devaluing higher education.

Mithranderp posted:

Just look at the way people carry on when someone tries to apply any sort of academic criticism to video games. If they can't handle even a simple feminist critique then it doesn't deserve to be art

So a minority of weirdos are bitter over some issue I'm happy to say I've managed to avoid learning about. This is a truly bizarre way to judge if something qualifies as art.

GoldStandardConure posted:

LibertyCat: do you attend any arts festivals at all? Do you visit galleries or go to see a show at the theatre? You also said you would shut down the AIS, do you follow any sports at all?

No, Not in Australia, No, Not really. I enjoy participating in sport more than watching.

Don't think I'm some kind of robot who doesn't appreciate art tho. I have been to the Louvre, Sistine Chapel and a bunch of world renowned artistic sites. I enjoy exploring weird new genres of music on youtube. I play two instruments (admittedly nowhere near pro level, I play just because I enjoy it) and started when I was in primary school. Editing MIDI files is fun.

I am not kidding when I say I was more moved during the events of the Mass Effect series than I ever was by the works of Beethoven or Leonardo da Vinci. Saying video games aren't art is purely snobbery - how dare the hoi polloi have a say on what is and isn't art. Based on sales figures I'd rather see video games subsidized than some overpriced work selected by unelected wankers that is only appreciated by a tiny fraction of society.

LibertyCat fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Apr 12, 2016

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Spudd posted:

Jackson Pollock is so loving good.

I think it looks like someone gave an autistic chimpanzee a paintbrush and too much caffeine. I guess beauty really is in the eye.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Hey Cat you should've gone to APT8 in Brisbane, it was a great exhibition which had art from a variety of Asia-Pacific cultures.

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
If Brisbane were closer I probably would check it out occasionally.

Oh yeah if you ever find yourself in Italy the Vatican Museum shits all over the sistine chapel.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Isn't Vatican City where they keep the dudes who concealed paedophilia in the church?

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

LibertyCat posted:

OK Farmer Brown may have poached an emu with a lever-action shotgun in 1903 or something, but it seems a stretch to go from "someone may have possibly committed a low profile crime in the last century" to "what kind of poo poo stain wants to put these guns on our streets :derp: PANIC PANIC THIS IS TERRIFYING NEW TECHNOLOGY :derp:"

Even you can surely admit that the reason this gun is legal is an oversight when they were drafting the law. That it applies only to pump actions isn't because they didn't want to ban lever actions, but because they didn't know about them.

open24hours fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 12, 2016

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Charges have been formally filed against the 60 Minutes team currently imprisoned in Lebanon over a failed child recovery operation.

Four charges, including one relating to kidnapping, are expected to be brought against reporter Tara Brown and three other members of the 60 Minutes team, Channel Nine reported.

The group are expected to go before a judge within the next few hours.

lol

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Lid posted:

Charges have been formally filed against the 60 Minutes team currently imprisoned in Lebanon over a failed child recovery operation.

Four charges, including one relating to kidnapping, are expected to be brought against reporter Tara Brown and three other members of the 60 Minutes team, Channel Nine reported.

The group are expected to go before a judge within the next few hours.

lol

hahahaha

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/DanielAndrewsMP/status/719799320677982208

:420: blaze it

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Victoria: The Garden State of Mind

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

open24hours posted:

Even you can surely admit that the reason this gun is legal is due to an oversight when they were drafting the law. That it applies only to pump actions isn't because they didn't want to ban lever actions, but because they didn't know about them.

It's quite likely. Even if you agree with Gun Control, it's not like our weapons laws were drafted in a competent and proportionate manner.

Silencers (that a crim could make in an evening with a trip to bunnings)? Let's treat them like Rocket Launchers , despite being legal in Britain NZ and most of the USA, because Hollywood.
Paintball markers? Let's consider them as dangerous as 12ga shotguns.
Air rifles (also unregulated in Britain and NZ)? Let's treat them as 12ga shotguns as well. If you jump through the hoops you may as well buy a 12ga.
Safes? Meh, a locked wooden cupboard will do in Qld.
A gun that is otherwise legal 22lr but looks just a bit too much like a scary machine gun? Better treat it as if it actually is a machine gun
A blank-firing starting pistol? Let's treat it like it's an actual pistol.
Pump-action Rifle? No problem
Pump-action Shotgun? :derp:
etc etc

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

LibertyCat posted:

I think it looks like someone gave an autistic chimpanzee a paintbrush and too much caffeine. I guess beauty really is in the eye.

*looks at a Pollock work*

LibertyCat: I could do that :smuggo:

But you didn't.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

LibertyCat posted:

Don't think I'm some kind of robot who doesn't appreciate art tho. I have been to the Louvre, Sistine Chapel and a bunch of world renowned artistic sites. I enjoy exploring weird new genres of music on youtube. I play two instruments (admittedly nowhere near pro level, I play just because I enjoy it) and started when I was in primary school. Editing MIDI files is fun.

I am not kidding when I say I was more moved during the events of the Mass Effect series than I ever was by the works of Beethoven or Leonardo da Vinci. Saying video games aren't art is purely snobbery - how dare the hoi polloi have a say on what is and isn't art. Based on sales figures I'd rather see video games subsidized than some overpriced work selected by unelected wankers that is only appreciated by a tiny fraction of society.

Local libertarian believes video games are art, but traditional art is boring and not worth funding in news shocker.

I'm not the sort of person who hates video games - i've got thousands of them ffs (thx Pickled Tink) - and while I don't particularly hate art, I recognise that having it is important for the expression of our culture.

I simply don't understand the mindset that says art needs to generate a return, art needs to conform to my own particular views, etc - the entire point of art is to generate things of beauty, to express alternative viewpoints that don't conform with the norm.

Recoome posted:

Isn't Vatican City where they keep the dudes who concealed paedophilia in the church?

Vatican City rhymes with Paedophile Paradise.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

In a way I'm sympathetic to parts of your argument. That airsoft guns and low-powered air guns are treated like real guns is the only real problem I have with our gun laws. Silencers should be legal though.

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
I forgot Airsoft, it's actually my favorite example of firearms law stupidity

Qld police website posted:

Airsoft weapons, under current legislation, irrespective of muzzle velocity, cannot be lawfully possessed in Queensland. As an Airsoft firearm cannot be used in Queensland lawfully it cannot be imported into Queensland. Unlawful possession of such weapons may result in prosecution for weapons related offences.

There are currently no approved ranges conducting sports or target shooting allowing Airsoft firearms within Queensland. Furthermore, these firearms cannot be possessed for recreational shooting.

Airsoft weapons are defined as a prohibited import under schedule 6 of the
Customs Prohibited Imports Regulations 1956. Australian Customs Service advises that generally, Airsoft weapons do not meet the required safety standards to allow importation.

They are toys. They fire little plastic pellets.

oh it gets better

quote:

Should the Airsoft firearm replicate a military style assault rifle (Category D) then the Airsoft weapon will also be classified as a Category D weapon.

Similarly should the Airsoft firearm replicate a machine gun or sub-machine gun (Category R) then the Airsoft firearm will also be classified as a Category R weapon.

If you get caught with a childs toy that looks like a machine gun (aka what they give out in showbags at the Ekka every year) you face the same charges as actually owning a machine gun.

LibertyCat fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Apr 12, 2016

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Air soft and the lower power air rifles I am fine with deregulating, but I have no problem with the licensing and regulation of paintball markers though.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Chris Berg with his most recent entry into the "dumbest thing said this century" competition:

"Tax havens perform an important function by putting downwards pressure on domestic tax rates. They are the global economy's escape valve - preventing sclerotic Western welfare states from pushing taxes up and up."

Citation needed Mr. Berg.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-12/berg-are-the-panama-papers-really-such-a-scandal/7316618

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

hooman posted:

Chris Berg with his most recent entry into the "dumbest thing said this century" competition:

"Tax havens perform an important function by putting downwards pressure on domestic tax rates. They are the global economy's escape valve - preventing sclerotic Western welfare states from pushing taxes up and up."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-12/berg-are-the-panama-papers-really-such-a-scandal/7316618

poo poo, beat be to it.

gently caress this guy.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Airsoft is all over Rural QLD, You see kids playing with them and cops don't give a gently caress. Kinda like those kids who strap a lawnmower motor on their bicycles.

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

GoldStandardConure posted:

I have no problem with the licensing and regulation of paintball markers though.

Sure, but at the same level and requirements as 12ga shotguns? Should they need to be locked in a safe that is bolted down (not fun for renters)? Should paint balls be legally considered ammunition? Should a special permit be needed every time you want to buy a new marker even if you're already licensed?

If you own a paintball marker is it OK for the cops to visit your house at random just to make sure you are keeping it and the paintballs locked in a safe?

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Spudd posted:

We should start an AusPol Gallery where every poster submits art and whoever is voted best gets to perma-ban LibertyCat.

donatello.jpeg is on its way back to Auspol from the depths of imgur.

Got this in the bag.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

LibertyCat posted:

I was more moved during the events of the Mass Effect series than I ever was by the works of Beethoven or Leonardo da Vinci.

Not only the stupidest opinion I've heard all day, also the worst opinion I've ever heard on the Internet.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Not only the stupidest opinion I've heard all day, also the worst opinion I've ever heard on the Internet.

I had chills when I learned that the Reapers were created by an AI in order to harvest organic beings to stop them from creating AI that would kill all organic beings. Truly the most moving piece of fiction in centuries.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I wonder why this was suggested to me

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

tithin posted:

having it is important for the expression of our culture.

This is probably the part that bothers me most. How can art be an expression of our culture if its production is based on undemocratic methods? It's an expression of the culture of the committees that choose the art that gets funded, or at best what they interpret as our culture. It's like when a council commissions a piece of art to go in a local park: it doesn't reflect the culture or tastes of the local people so much as it reflects on the small fraction that got to make the decision. For something like that I'd prefer that the locals get input into the commissioning of the piece.

I also reject the notion that alternative art enriches the lives of those who don't value it. You need to have a somewhat open mind for it to make much of an impression, not to mention the desire to actually expose yourself to it in the first place. That people would only fund boring worthless poo poo but that committee funded art would enrich their lives seem like conflicting statements to me.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

LibertyCat posted:

I am not kidding when I say I was more moved during the events of the Mass Effect series than I ever was by the works of Beethoven or Leonardo da Vinci.

This is amazing.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I had chills when I learned that the Reapers were created by an AI in order to harvest organic beings to stop them from creating AI that would kill all organic beings. Truly the most moving piece of fiction in centuries.

Sure Kafka's Metamorphosis is worth a read but did you see when Shepherd took down that big-rear end robot with all pew-pew lasers? Chills down my spine, man.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Mad Katter posted:

I wonder why this was suggested to me

Freedom to not pay tax on tobacco

and then spend your latter half of your life being looked after in taxpayer funded hospitals

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

you skilfully craft the medium of poo poo in the form of posts

would fund

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Sure, I could write my thesis on nuclear particles Professor but DID YOU SEE THE WAY SHEPARD TOOK ON THE REAPERS, CHILLS.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

LibertyCat posted:

Sure, but at the same level and requirements as 12ga shotguns? Should they need to be locked in a safe that is bolted down (not fun for renters)? Should paint balls be legally considered ammunition? Should a special permit be needed every time you want to buy a new marker even if you're already licensed?

If you own a paintball marker is it OK for the cops to visit your house at random just to make sure you are keeping it and the paintballs locked in a safe?

Safes I wouldn't mind either way, but I have no issue with needing to register a paintball marker when you purchase one. If you are licensed, sure make the acquisition of a second or so marker a bit easier, but I am all for having them require registration to own and not have them sold over the counter at department stores.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hello friends, I came to share the best video game art

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Hello friends, I came to share the best video game art

:shittydog:

Also 60 minutes? More like 3-6 years lol http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-12/60-minutes-crew-to-be-charged-in-lebanon/7321104

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Tonight on 60 minutes: the dodgy Lebanese builder kidnapping our fat kids, and the miracle diet that can bring them back (To Australia).

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

LibertyCat posted:

Based on sales figures I'd rather see video games subsidized than some overpriced work selected by unelected wankers that is only appreciated by a tiny fraction of society.

I'd like video games subsidised as well as other mediums of art. I just think you're a loving idiot for thinking that should be based on sales figures. The fact they sell well would surely mean they need fewer subsidies, wouldn't it?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Anidav posted:

Absolutely and here's why!

Bankers Association chief Steve Munchenberg has refused to rule out a mining tax-style ad campaign to fight Labor's proposed royal commission into the banking and finance sector.
The head of the nation's banking lobbying cautioned the lobby group is not "actively considering" an ad campaign at this time, ahead of an expected July 2 double dissolution election, but said it remained on the table as one of a range of options under consideration.

And marketing consultant Toby Ralph, who has worked on 50 election campaigns across 3 continents including for the former Howard government, said he had "no doubt the banks can run a campaign that will turn the political opportunism of a royal commission into an electoral nightmare for Labor".
In 2010, the mining industry spent about $22 million on a six week ad campaign opposing Labor's proposed Resources Super Profits Tax.
The campaign effectively blew up Kevin Rudd's prime ministership and he was dumped by the ALP for Julia Gillard, who rapidly made peace with the big miners.

Labor proposed a two year, $53 million inquiry last Friday after a series of scandals at the Commonwealth Bank, Macquarie Bank and National Australia Bank, and allegations from corporate regulator ASIC that the ANZ and Westpac rigged the bank bill swap rate.
Mr Munchenberg told Fairfax Media that Labor had not made the case for a banking royal commission and that the ABA had "not ruled out" an ad campaign.
"We are not currently looking at such a thing [an advertising campaign] but we are actively considering an appropriate response from the industry. Our main focus at this stage is to highlight the fact of why we think a royal commission would not achieve anything beyond what is already being done," he said.

Mr Ralph said a campaign "would cost banks $20 million or so, being around one 10th of what they'd spend on responses to a commission".
While banks made easy targets, Mr Ralph said voters disliked politicians too.
"What makes campaigns of this nature successful is impact at the ballot box. I'd demonstrate the core truths, rather than simply claiming them, then run a marginal seat campaign talking about how a commission will increase mortgages, arguing that a vote for Labor is a green light for increased home loan rates. That would cost them seats."

Monash University economics professor Rodney Maddock has estimated the cost of the royal commission could run to $250 million - including as much as $50 million for each for the major banks.
Meanwhile, former Reserve Bank board member Warwick McKibbin accused Labor of playing a "dangerous game" with a fundamental pillar of the Australian economy.

" When the global financial system is under pressure, you don't want to be having a review based purely on politics. Banks are a key pillar of the economy and this is a dangerous game to play," he said.
Both sides of politics traded blows over the inquiry on Tuesday, with Opposition Leader Bill Shorten arguing ASIC did a good job but pointing out it had been hit by a $120 million, four year funding cut in Tony Abbott's first budget in 2014.
Shadow treasurer Chris Bowen said a royal commission would - as well as examining the financial sector - probe the power and ability of sector regulators, including ASIC and the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
"Is Mr Turnbull really suggesting the right way of determining the resourcing and ability of ASIC is to have ASIC conduct an inquiry into themselves? That is what a royal commission is for."

Treasurer Scott Morrison, whose office released a fact sheet arguing ASIC had equivalent powers to a royal commission, questioned Labor push for the probe when it had ignored the findings of the royal commission into trade unions.
"It [ASIC] actually has more powers than a royal commission, because it can go ahead and prosecute ... it can act on its own motion, it can take referrals from ministers, it can compel witnesses," he said.
The federal government, which is under pressure from its own backbench for so rapidly ruling out the inquiry, has indicated ASIC could receive a funding boost in the May budget.
The government fact sheet pointed out both ASIC and a royal commission had coercive investigative powers, that penalties existed for failing to give evidence or concealing documents and that in both cases statements made under compulsion were not admissible in civil and criminal proceedings.

But Labor released a separate analysis from the independent parliamentary library that showed ASIC faced time constraints on its investigations, that ASIC's investigations occurred in private whereas royal commissions were typically conducted in the full gaze of public scrutiny and that when summoning witnesses an ASIC officer needed "reasonable grounds" for the summons whereas a royal commission generally faced no statutory prerequisites.

So ASIC already has more powers than a royal commission but if a royal commission were held it would destroy the banking sector because of the powers it would have.

fascinating

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Screen Australia has actually funded the development of quite a few video games.

https://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/productions/Whats_On/games.aspx

Who wouldn't want to play Bonza Word Puzzle! Actually Hand of Fate is pretty fun.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

LibertyCat posted:

I am not kidding when I say I was more moved during the events of the Mass Effect series than I ever was by the works of Beethoven or Leonardo da Vinci.

e:

hooman posted:

BBJoey fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Apr 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Who could forget the Half Life mod Escape from Woomera?

https://twitter.com/maxuthink/status/719670313366085633

• Locked thread