Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Tiggum posted:

With all the space free, why is he putting up his poster partially over the top of the one that was already there?

Oh, that's simple.

He is an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

IS this implying that Moomkin are grown? Is that why they act so odd that they are just mimicking the actions and society of others?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

:3:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Johnny Aztec posted:

IS this implying that Moomkin are grown? Is that why they act so odd that they are just mimicking the actions and society of others?

Nah, at this point the idea of hattifatteners just wasn't developed enough I guess.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

Is that the end?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Today's comic has been brought to you courtesy of Microsoft.

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

9 Chickweed Lane

Brooke is continuing his one man war against having his comic run in newspapers.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well great, Dick Tracy as guest written by Guy Gilchrist.

Aardmania posted:

:drat:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Aardmania posted:

So he has Kirk Cameron and David AR White on his friends list?

Also possibly Kevin Sorbo.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Aardmania posted:

I wish this comic updated every day. :allears:

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Also possibly Kevin Sorbo.
Wait what did Hercules do?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Wait what did Hercules do?

Unfortunately, Sorbo is basically a buffer, longer-haired Kirk Cameron (go look at his Twitter). He didn't appear in God's Not Dead for the paycheck.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

A "powerful talisman" -- like, say, the Eye of Agamotto that you're wearing on your chest, Doc?

Newspaper Dr. Strange doesn't seem much more competent than Newspaper Spider-Man.

(I wonder if we can look forward to Newspaper Civil War once this story is over?)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Aardmania posted:

this is such a perfect :iceburn: I'm gonna quote it again

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
If I ever find Jesus, I'll tell him HLTS helped me find the way. It's sweet, and not in that awful saccharine way like Rose is Rose's annoying babies.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (February 12, 1929)

Peanuts (April 15, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (February 1-2, 1929)

Thimble Theater (October 30, 1929)

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

This is another weird little quirk of the past that I'd never have known without Out Our Way. It seems like these "efficiency men" are a constant fixture at the shop, standing in for what would probably be a consulting position today. I wonder when the change happened, where companies stopped employing full-time positions to increase productivity and started outsourcing to consulting firms?

Aardmania posted:

:perfect:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Slammy posted:

I like this strip. Thanks for posting it.

:patriot:

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

TOBY

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Just Dan Again posted:

This is another weird little quirk of the past that I'd never have known without Out Our Way. It seems like these "efficiency men" are a constant fixture at the shop, standing in for what would probably be a consulting position today. I wonder when the change happened, where companies stopped employing full-time positions to increase productivity and started outsourcing to consulting firms?

I would think the "efficiency men" are early practitioners of Taylorism.

Rhymes with Orange

But Batman's parents are dead, dammit.

Pros and Cons

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

He's back. :negative:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Welp, back to standing stiffly in front of blank gradients.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Waterworld 2: Waterworlder

Mary Worth

Yes. He's furry and sassy and keeps trying to eat my cat but oh the wacky adventures we have!

Rex Morgan MD

A most kawaii Washington portrait.

Secret Agent X-9

Ohh yeah dust that chair for fingerprints hard, dust it all over. Yes just like that you dirty G-man.

Apartment 3-G

The best surgeons are the ones that slash wildly at you with the scalpel until they find the problem.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 12, 2016

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom Meets J. R. R. Tolkien

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

SynthOrange posted:

Is that the end?

Not quite. We still haven't done the whole 'check in on every character and see how they're doing' thing yet.

Pooch Café

Poncho, you are a dog. You can't gamble, you can't drink, all that's going to happen if you go to Vegas is that you will have a higher than average chance of getting abducted and eaten by sewer people. You should definitely go.

Ballard Street

What the hell is Jeffrey doing keeping a pacu in a fishtank anyway? They're way too big for that!

Lost Side of Suburbia

EVERY character.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Also, details aside, you'd think making a diorama out of a comic would be pretty easy.

it's the "bane of his existence" because the villain of "Dark Knight Rises" is Bane.

if they're doing a gay marriage plotline in Mary Worth, I will be very impressed.

Parahexavoctal fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 12, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Welcome to my house, student of mine I've only directly interacted with twice in the past two days! This isn't weird or creepy at all!"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (March 20, 1951)

Barnaby (August 25, 1942)

Nancy (May 4, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (January 15, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (February 13, 1923)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Just Dan Again posted:

These would eventually become time and motion studies most notable today as the parents' job in Cheaper By The Dozen.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Fort Knox

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Strontium posted:

Fort Knox

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Can you let someone else take over Intelligent Life so I can block you and all the rest of the comics you decided to test out this week?

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012

Transmodiar posted:

Can you let someone else take over Intelligent Life so I can block you and all the rest of the comics you decided to test out this week?

The gently caress do you WANT to see Intelligent Life for??

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

To be honest I'd also probably be into time traveling Clark Gable. Weird that he'd do yoga though.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Transmodiar posted:

Be nice! Appreciate all submissions, even these lovely, lovely comics. Time for you to pony up - post good comics. (Please start with Nemi, I miss Nemi)

First, what the hell with the ants. Also, Laurie Anderson is a favorite of mine - check out Heart of a Dog - her recent movie.

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

"I've got my mouth all set to give my sense of humor a lot of co-operation."

Flapper Fanny Says

drat google newspapers.

Feiffer (click for big)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_City_(TV_series)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fort Knox makes me sad because there's a lot of humor and drama to be mined from life in a military family so it could have been something really great but instead it's just poorly-drawn generic garbage that 99% of the time doesn't even do anything with the military setting except maybe the dad and his work friends will be wearing uniforms instead of a tie or whatever when they make the same lame jokes as every other tepid family sitcom.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Cirrial posted:

The gently caress do you WANT to see Intelligent Life for??

It's better than half the strips posted here. :colbert:

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Fort Knox makes me sad because there's a lot of humor and drama to be mined from life in a military family so it could have been something really great but instead it's just poorly-drawn generic garbage that 99% of the time doesn't even do anything with the military setting except maybe the dad and his work friends will be wearing uniforms instead of a tie or whatever when they make the same lame jokes as every other tepid family sitcom.

Unless people want me to keep posting Fort Knox, I may stop the next time there's a strip where nobody is making the bug-eyed, shocked expression in the last panel.

Just for fun, you can browse the gocomics archives backwards until you find one such strip or you lose your mind, whichever comes first.

February 26

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

kith_groupie posted:

To be honest I'd also probably be into time traveling Clark Gable. Weird that he'd do yoga though.

That should be his initials for the rest of the arc: TTCG

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Pogo (April 15, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (August 19-22, 1954)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set can't get there from here.

Working Daze needs to learn when to stop. Telling. The loving. Joke.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix seems to think this gimmick is a lot funnier than it is.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I saw a blurb about a new comic-book-comic, King's Quest, that I thought might interest some folks here:

quote:

Join Flash Gordon, TWO Phantoms, Mandrake the Magician, and Prince Valiant on a disastrous intergalactic rescue mission! All they have to do is defeat a limitless alien armada and NOT get eaten by a space jungle. Brought to you by the innumerable talents of Ben Acker (The Thrilling Adventure Hour), Heath Corson (Bizarro), and Dan McDaid (Judge Dredd)!

Also joining this team-up is Jungle Jim. Has anyone ever posted that strip?

Anyways, here's the covers for issue #1, looks kinda cool!

https://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/viewProduct.html?PRO=C72513024751301011

• Locked thread