Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

numberoneposter posted:

thats unfortunate, just awkward snyder movie i guess. i dunno i liked watchmen, do you think id even half enjoy this movie if i liked watchmen?

transformers 4 is probably my favorite bad movie

I'm not invested at all in comics or comic movies personally. I had people somewhat drag me out to see both watchmen and this. I was was happy that they took me to watchmen, I was angry at the people that took me to see this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

unironically see zootopia. i went with my kids and probably enjoyed it even more than they did. fun for literally all ages.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Otisburg posted:

tbh it's not the fun kind of bad like a manic nick cage movie or even like a transformers or a fast and furious. it's just you know exhausting to watch in a really dismal way

don't worry the 3.5 hour long directors cut is right around the corner!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Xenomrph posted:

My favorite exchange of late was when someone likened this thread to being a Bizarro version of the CineD thread, going so far as to say that their thread would softly weep as it beat this thread to death.

You know, as if their thread isn't the one championing a moody, violent, unrelatable (Bizarro) Superman.

:ironicat:

Hahahaha. And Jesus, where was that "Superman beats a retarded Bizarro to death" bit from again? That was someone's idea in CineD, right?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

ChogsEnhour posted:

Hahahaha. And Jesus, where was that "Superman beats a retarded Bizarro to death" bit from again? That was someone's idea in CineD, right?
The recent post was in CineD, but it's a reference to an actual for real Superman comic where Superman actually does cry while he beats Bizarro to death.

I don't know specifically what comic it is, I haven't read it but I know it exists.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't wait for the rated R version of this movie where they say Martha and then Batman is all like gently caress Martha and then he like fucks Wonder Woman and screams poo poo and PISS and Doomsday gets his rear end shot off with a rifle that's halfway up his rear end in a top hat.

Kickin rad

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shinjobi posted:

I can't wait for the rated R version of this movie where they say Martha and then Batman is all like gently caress Martha and then he like fucks Wonder Woman and screams poo poo and PISS and Doomsday gets his rear end shot off with a rifle that's halfway up his rear end in a top hat.

Kickin rad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc7mvrjcDeo

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

One thing struck me this morning- little girls probably aren't going to be able to see Wonder Woman. Like, I don't know if it will be as big a mess as Snyder's made Superman, but it certainly seems to be planning on dipping in to a dark tone w/ it being set in WW1 of all things.

My old college roommate has 3 girls- they love Superheroes. They loved The Force Awakens and loved Rey, obviously. I don't think they necessarily feel like they can't connect to a male superhero, but it just seems odd that Wonder Woman- oddly enough an area where DC could actually do something before Marvel because they don't have a tentpole female movie lead- will be pretty inaccessible.

I guess I'm suggesting that DC is really dumb? Poo poo? Pee...pee?

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

I saw Alien when I was six and it was fine, whatever.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Doflamingo posted:

I saw Alien when I was nine and it had absolutely no effect on me whatsoever.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Doflamingo posted:

"I'm fine" -a SA poster

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

One thing struck me this morning- little girls probably aren't going to be able to see Wonder Woman. Like, I don't know if it will be as big a mess as Snyder's made Superman, but it certainly seems to be planning on dipping in to a dark tone w/ it being set in WW1 of all things.

My old college roommate has 3 girls- they love Superheroes. They loved The Force Awakens and loved Rey, obviously. I don't think they necessarily feel like they can't connect to a male superhero, but it just seems odd that Wonder Woman- oddly enough an area where DC could actually do something before Marvel because they don't have a tentpole female movie lead- will be pretty inaccessible.

I guess I'm suggesting that DC is really dumb? Poo poo? Pee...pee?

This horrible creepy webcomic has never been more relevant:

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Wonder Woman was the unsung heroes who brought the poison gas helmets to the Frenchies in the Battle of Somme.

Well Battle of Somme with dragons and mechanical Samurais because..Snyda!

whatever7 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 12, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So is WonderWoman just gonna walk out into Europe and slaughter a bunch of fools while they helplessly shoot bullets at her for no effect

Just 90 minutes of the Wonder Woman piling bodies high during World War 1 until they are forced to sue for peace because no one can do anything about her poo poo

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Doflamingo posted:

I watched Robocop and Aliens hundreds of times as a kid and now I'm an anti corporate liberal.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Aliens, Robocop and Predator were staples of my childhood and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

So is WonderWoman just gonna walk out into Europe and slaughter a bunch of fools while they helplessly shoot bullets at her for no effect

Just 90 minutes of the Wonder Woman piling bodies high during World War 1 until they are forced to sue for peace because no one can do anything about her poo poo

i thought you could shoot Wonder Woman? she needs to block the bullets with her bracket things.

i bet a few WW1 machine guns and an artillery strike or two could finish her easily

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I thought she was supposed to be on par with Superman and poo poo? If some goon with a revolver can snuff her out she's pretty terrible

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Bullets can't penetrate her Amazonian hide, but she bruises like a ripe tomato.

naem
May 29, 2011

She's a mossad agent Greek goddess

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
WW will also create a meme of "'Mazonsplainin'". As is, "Oh, you don't get this, fella? I'm gonna have to 'mazonsplain it to you..."

*mazonsplaining turns out to be enacting violent solutions to a problem, while declaring how peaceful and thoughtful the solution of bashing a problem into submission is.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cthulu Carl posted:

Bullets can't penetrate her Amazonian hide, but she bruises like a ripe tomato.

this puts her power level about equal to Krillian or Master Roshi

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
What are the chances of WW getting horribly impaled on the horns of a MInotaur or punched in the face so hard that she flies across the room for trying to grope at Steve Trevor's privates?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Pretty darn high I reckon

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Zzulu posted:

Aliens, Robocop and Predator were staples of my childhood and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way

Just to get it out of the way, there were toy lines and NES games for Aliens, Predator, Robocop, Terminator, Friday the 13th, Total Recall, and loving Rambo.

Freddy Krueger, a mass-murdering pedophile demon was an MTV VJ.

Every big 80's property that wasn't Spielberg/Lucas was R-rated.

And kids movies like The Neverending Story were depressing tales about existentialism, nihilism, and the inescapable impending doom.

1982-1994 was the best time to be a kid.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Zzulu posted:

I thought she was supposed to be on par with Superman and poo poo? If some goon with a revolver can snuff her out she's pretty terrible

Wonder Woman and super man are exactly as powerful as they need to be to sell comic books, merchandise and critically panned summer blockbusters.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Is Spider-Man the most beat up superhero on screen? I don't think any film of his doesn't end with some degree of fetishized physical abuse that leaves him a drooling blood, swollen face, shot, stabbed and almost dead.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Wonder Woman, Flash, and pretty much any god tier X-man have changed how powerful they are based on the writer.

There's that one comic where Flash saves a town from a nuke and the math breaks down to him having to travel like 20,000 times the speed of light.

And in some X-men comics Xavier, Phoenix, and Magneto could literally kill the entire planet minimal effort.

If you're going to do the living god Wonder Woman, just having her fight regular dudes will be boring and there needs to be a threat where she uses her powers for more than just punching the problem. You know, compelling poo poo that you won't find in the Snyderverse.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

JediTalentAgent posted:

Is Spider-Man the most beat up superhero on screen? I don't think any film of his doesn't end with some degree of fetishized physical abuse that leaves him a drooling blood, swollen face, shot, stabbed and almost dead.

John McClane.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Wonder Woman, Flash, and pretty much any god tier X-man have changed how powerful they are based on the writer.

There's that one comic where Flash saves a town from a nuke and the math breaks down to him having to travel like 20,000 times the speed of light.

And in some X-men comics Xavier, Phoenix, and Magneto could literally kill the entire planet minimal effort.

If you're going to do the living god Wonder Woman, just having her fight regular dudes will be boring and there needs to be a threat where she uses her powers for more than just punching the problem. You know, compelling poo poo that you won't find in the Snyderverse.

Look, we all want a shot for shot remake of Sucker Punch starring Gal Godot.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I'm kind of assuming the big-bad of WW with be Ares, who is like the only WW villain I know and would seem to fit with the idea that they're setting this during an actual World War. Although knowing DC at this point, they'll probably say that World War 1 was caused by Ares and WW's love and peace solution will be to continually murder German soldiers until she gets in to a final showdown.

Defeating Ares will result in the Treaty of Versailles, which as we know put an end to all bad things in Europe.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

There's a ten minute scene of WW just grinding some German soldiers balls under her heel.

And that German soldier is Hitler.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Is that the in-universe origin to the story of Hilter only having one ball?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
what's the point of releasing this mutant to kill superman what were they going to do if he actually did, wouldn't the thing just destroy the planet

quality writing for a whatever hundred million film production

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I sort of wonder if Luthor really didn't expect Batman to actually steal the Kryptonite when he did. Did he start the Doomsday thing before or after the theft of the K-nite? I could see the thing of, "I'm gonna make a monster and use all this green rock to keep it docile and under my control until the moment I want to unleash it to kill Superman and then I get to roll in and... and.. What do you mean It's gone! ALL OF IT?! GOD DAMNED BATMAN!"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

JediTalentAgent posted:

Is that the in-universe origin to the story of Hilter only having one ball?

Probably his love of pegging as well.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

This works for Superman too honestly.

Fleischer Supes is his most compelling and interesting interpretation and he's way toned down from modern versions

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Lex read the script. That explains why he bombed congress and knew Superman wouldn't stop it, it's why he knew Superman wouldn't use his super powers to defeat 6 inept guards, and how he knew his monster wouldn't destroy the planet.

This also explains why he knew he was the villain and forewent any motivation and just showed up to make villainy happen so they could hurriedly get to the next setpiece.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
One problem is that if you start saying we need to scale back on the years of power creeping* of the DCU characters to give them some limits to help tell some more interesting stories, you get a lot of complaints that 'good' writers don't need to have Superman facing threats based on power and strength to tell interesting stories.

*Getting increasingly more powerful, not the spying Superman did with Lois in Superman Returns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Lex read the script. That explains why he bombed congress and knew Superman wouldn't stop it, it's why he knew Superman wouldn't use his super powers to defeat 6 inept guards, and how he knew his monster wouldn't destroy the planet.

This also explains why he knew he was the villain and forewent any motivation and just showed up to make villainy happen so they could hurriedly get to the next setpiece.

The script of the movie being part of the Kryptonian ship's database would be the cleverest way to save the movie

• Locked thread