Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
8 out of 9 of my invasions so far immediately had the host summon as many phantoms as possible. The most I saw was 3 I think? That particular guy kept spamming summons and people kept seeing that he was fighting 1 invader and already had a phantom and just crystal'd out. Anyway I don't get why people do this. Do they think its funny to waste the invaders time instead of just having fun with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've been practicing parries before I go on further past Bort of the Boreal Valley and the Uchi parry timing is DS1 style instead of the annoying finnicky DS2 style that the shields have. Miyazaki is god

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

E

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

everyone I invade already has a phantom and a bluecop immediately arrives. huh

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

getting arbiter covenant items is the worst so please do your best to make them earn their kill

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

As more ppl get red orbs and leave the blue covenants and use teh finger there will be more 1v1 or 2v1v1 or 2v2v1v1 invasions. Invaders don't risk anything but their time remember that

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my game won't be here until later, so i have to finish the work i have for today. see you then, thread.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

net cafe scandal posted:

As more ppl get red orbs and leave the blue covenants and use teh finger there will be more 1v1 or 2v1v1 or 2v2v1v1 invasions. Invaders don't risk anything but their time remember that

Actually invaders drop their souls now and have to go grab them.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Actually invaders drop their souls now and have to go grab them.

Retrieving souls is child's play for a master warrior like me

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

The second boss is a sex freak rapist.

Turn on your monitor

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

That first mimic drops something sick

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

HORMELCHILI posted:

I hate these creepy fat nun ladie things

fat ministers are back. there's a couple of demon's souls feels in the second area so far. i like those cage enemies that pretend to be part of the background.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Larry Parrish posted:

Also I just noticed that sometimes when you slash enemies there's this blood splash. Like I did a cool slash with a shortsword and it made this sick nasty arc of blood across the wall behind the dude in the direction I swung. That's badass.

This was in bloodborne and I'm super disappointed they took out the dynamic blood effects on clothing. Your clothes would get dynamically covered in blood, water-logged style, and would glisten in the light. It was insanely badass

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

fat ministers are back. there's a couple of demon's souls feels in the second area so far. i like those cage enemies that pretend to be part of the background.
it seriously feels like I imagine Bloodborne to be, transposed into the Dark Souls world, and I love it, after being slightly disappointed at just how Undead Burg the first area was (it owned though)

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

This was in bloodborne and I'm super disappointed they took out the dynamic blood effects on clothing. Your clothes would get dynamically covered in blood, water-logged style, and would glisten in the light. It was insanely badass
I keep getting covered in ash or mud or something and I'm not sure how

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
PvP is great. Just had a fight that was 2 red phantoms, me and another mad purple phantom, host sunbro and white lol. If people are giving u a hard time by summoning 3 dudes as a host just wait for other invaders while chilling with enemies

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
Its loving great as a purple, u van pretend to be on either battles side and turn when its too your benifit

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Those tar snakes scare me so much

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Those tar snakes scare me so much
I don't think I like them. Reading their attacks is impossible and not in a good way, I think I'm just going to stay at range and blow the m up

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't think I like them. Reading their attacks is impossible and not in a good way, I think I'm just going to stay at range and blow the m up

try rear

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

just like with the tough knights, you'll eventually be able to read their attacks, you just havent died enough to them yet

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
please spoil me on how i join other covenants thank you

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

please spoil me on how i join other covenants thank you

undead settlement: over and past the rooftops covered in little thief guys, theres a friendly enemy with a cage on his back. talk to him. theres also a hole in the second floor in a different building in the area, drop through to find a second covenant.

those are the first two, good luck

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

HolePisser1982 posted:

undead settlement: over and past the rooftops covered in little thief guys, theres a friendly enemy with a cage on his back. talk to him. theres also a hole in the second floor in a different building in the area, drop through to find a second covenant.

those are the first two, good luck

i have the items for 2nd and 3rd covenants but ive been drinking all day and how do i use them

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Did they keep the bloodborne mechanic where if you take damage you have a window where hitting enemies will partially heal you

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

i have the items for 2nd and 3rd covenants but ive been drinking all day and how do i use them

equip covenants in the far right slot past the rings. ive never used either of those covenants though but id assume you just leave a soapstone thing for both

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

HolePisser1982 posted:

equip covenants in the far right slot past the rings. ive never used either of those covenants though but id assume you just leave a soapstone thing for both

Im retarded thank you!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bump_fn posted:

Did they keep the bloodborne mechanic where if you take damage you have a window where hitting enemies will partially heal you
kind of, it's an optional item now second boss's soul, not sure how good it is - I only know because I was contemplating eating the soul to afford that 20k-soul key at Firelink lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

bump_fn posted:

Not generally no but there's a ring you can get early that gives you something similar

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

when you leave messages, you can also make it leave a hologram of your phantom making a certain gesture. this is the best game ever made

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sore from working out

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll post my death / workout sheet later

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

a Loving Dog posted:

There's a slot in ur equip screen just for coventant items on the right

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

bump_fn posted:

gotta save that stuff for the dlc man

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This game seems a lot harder than 1 and 2

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

you get summoned for the third boss instantly. jeez

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This has got to be the toughest first area in a souls game. The Lothric Knights absolutely do not gently caress around

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

This has got to be the toughest first area in a souls game. The Lothric Knights absolutely do not gently caress around

the blue one is insane.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I stayed up until 5 am playing this masterpiece. It was almost a shame finding armor as a deprived, running around as a mud covered freak in a loin cloth was awesome.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i love this game im so happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

As much ask wanted to solo my first english playthrough coop is insane right now, I get summoned within a second of dropping my sign

• Locked thread