Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

As far as I know, a lot of EV spreads max out two stats, so it's easy to just keep training until it doesn't go up anymore. For the more complex EV spreads, knowing that full EVs in one stat is 252 EVs, which is a little less than half of the training bar let's you extrapolate that half of that, which is about a quarter of the bar, equals about 176 EVs.

Does anyone else have a more exact way of telling besides counting hordes?

If you use a white training bag (the one that wipes your stats) it shows the exact EV amounts it removes after you use it. After that, just reload your save.

What do you mean "why doesn't gamefreak just show you the numbers on the super training UI?" That's dumb. You're dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
That would be a lot more useful if reset bags didn't take like two full minutes of punching

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Parrotine posted:

How are you supposed to keep track of the number EVs you put into each pokemon's stats? Do you just put a notch on a notepad until you've done a certain number of battles before moving on to the next stat?

None of my pokemon have pokerus because it's a huge pain to find a 'mon with that in the wild and I just want to get started.

I use a notepad for anything more complicated than a 252/252/4 split.

Also I've got craploads of Pokerus carriers if you want one. All infected by my Zigzagoon "Charlie Sheen".

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

That would be a lot more useful if reset bags didn't take like two full minutes of punching

Yes, but if you ever lose track of your point spread, there you go!

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Keep a Team Flare bag on hand, problem half solved.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Can't wait till Gamefreak moves backward and replaces the IV Judge with a Pokemon Analyst who will send you the IV results via snail mail.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
You can only judge one pokemon every full moon cycle. Make it count!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Can't wait till Gamefreak moves backward and replaces the IV Judge with a Pokemon Analyst who will send you the IV results via snail mail.

or better yet: they replace the IV judge with an ingame calculator. Do the math yourself, suckers!

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
So I traded a a Zekrom tonight for a shiny level 50 Ho-Oh on the GTS. When I check on it in the box I noticed it has a cherish ball with 3 IV's marked.. This is probably a hacked Pokemon right?

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I posted about this a few weeks back but at my work we had a Pokemon event where we gave away Pokemon cards, well today this showed up in the break room.

Since these cards were up for grabs and nobody has really been taking them I have been taking some and slipping them into people's bags when they buy Pokemon cards. I don't think anyone noticed but I hope they were surprised by the lovely fish I gave them.

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.
My Target didn't get any cards somehow and so they just handed out random cards from packs instead. :confused:

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Decisions decisions, do Huntail and Gorebyss look better in net balls or dive balls?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A non-pokemon fansite has a hold of the newest Corocoro so the Sun/Moon stuff should be out in the next few hours.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

PSWII60 posted:

Decisions decisions, do Huntail and Gorebyss look better in net balls or dive balls?

Dive balls. Although I prefer love balls for gorebyss.

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

Dehry posted:

A non-pokemon fansite has a hold of the newest Corocoro so the Sun/Moon stuff should be out in the next few hours.

I really hope the Corocoro new is just stills from the announcement trailer.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i captured my chandelure in a dive ball just because i wanted that blue effect. looks good

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

So I traded a a Zekrom tonight for a shiny level 50 Ho-Oh on the GTS. When I check on it in the box I noticed it has a cherish ball with 3 IV's marked.. This is probably a hacked Pokemon right?

I thought every non-breedable Pokemon had 3 perfect IVs? Shininess makes me think it's hacked though.

Unless that's only a gen 6 thing, in which case it's pretty suspicious.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
If it was hacked, why would it have only 3IVs at max?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cherish Balls only come from special events, and there's never been a shiny Zekrom event. 3 IVs though, maybe they hacked a Cherish Ball into their bag?

E: Misread. No, there was a shiny Ho-Oh event for ORAS in Japan to celebrate the Kyoto Pokemon Center opening. Is its name Japanese? If not, it's hacked.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Dabir posted:

Cherish Balls only come from special events, and there's never been a shiny Zekrom event. 3 IVs though, maybe they hacked a Cherish Ball into their bag?

It a ho oh tho

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah realised just after I made the post.

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

Don't cherish balls make a Pokémon not capable to be traded over the GTS? Or, at the very least, Pokémon in cherish balls have a ribbon that prevent them from being traded.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Jelly Omelettle posted:

I really hope the Corocoro new is just stills from the announcement trailer.

It's literally worse . Whited out pictures of the box art and promising more information next month.

There's still a chance there'll be an official update on the fifteenth but I'm not holding out hope.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's to be expected. Last month they promised that this would be the first of the SM features in Corocoro and in this issue they said that there will be 3DS cases of the game with Pokemon on the front of them and we'll find out what those Pokemon are in the big reveal next month!

You just gotta love marketing.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Frustrating as the constant teasing is, I think it's better than revealing TOO much. Remember, with ORAS they revealed literally every new Mega, before the games came out, and left us no surprises.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The surprise was the Flygon guy not giving you Mega Flygon.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dabir posted:

The surprise was the Flygon guy not giving you Mega Flygon.

But then we wouldn't get the wonder of Mega Audino. The one everybody was clearly demanding.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

So, the big news is there will be big news next month!!!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The announcement for the actual announcement is a commonplace event these days.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

The announcement for the actual announcement is a commonplace event these days.

it's a dumb trend!!!!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Magearna confirmed to be Fairy/Steel. She can form a posse with Mawile and Klefki.

Also, the cover of Pokémon Sun is orange and that of Pokémon Moon is purple. Finally we're getting those Pokémon Orange and Purple versions.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, Gamefreak's just doing everything they can to kill any possible hype about the next games, huh? In the series' anniversary too.

Gamefreak doing really stupid poo poo is not new but this is beyond even them. It's like they want people to not care.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
It's reverse hype, you probably haven't heard of it.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Testing out my all grass starter team.

Holy crap Venusaur is a tank. Brought me back from the loving brink. My heart was pounding towards the end there.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-358061348

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Holy crap Venusaur is a tank. Brought me back from the loving brink. My heart was pounding towards the end there.

Took me a minute to realize you were running an all grass team in OU, good job! That Serpirior was no slouch either, it took three draught buffed flamethrowers! Are you using an assault vest on it?

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Took me a minute to realize you were running an all grass team in OU, good job! That Serpirior was no slouch either, it took three draught buffed flamethrowers! Are you using an assault vest on it?

Yeah, the common Life Orb or Lefties set seems way too risky for me. Assault vest means I'm able to at least get one Leaf Storm off, two if I outspeed.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

or better yet: they replace the IV judge with an ingame calculator. Do the math yourself, suckers!

There was a calculator app on the pokétch.

LeafyOrb posted:

I posted about this a few weeks back but at my work we had a Pokemon event where we gave away Pokemon cards, well today this showed up in the break room.

Since these cards were up for grabs and nobody has really been taking them I have been taking some and slipping them into people's bags when they buy Pokemon cards. I don't think anyone noticed but I hope they were surprised by the lovely fish I gave them.

I want a shiny Magikarp.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Do Japanese consumers just get really hyped about a company merely acknowledging something exists or are they pissed off about the lack of detail too?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I laughed when venusaur levitated itself away from an earthquake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Man, Gamefreak's just doing everything they can to kill any possible hype about the next games, huh? In the series' anniversary too.

Gamefreak doing really stupid poo poo is not new but this is beyond even them. It's like they want people to not care.

We are like 7-8 months from release, I don't think it's necessary to be throwing much out there right now.

• Locked thread