Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Everyone hates Ted Cruz: Vol iunno, a million or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Fun thing I just learned: if 25% of the rules committee dissents from the report, they can issue their own minority report and both get votes for adoption on the floor.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

The_Raven posted:

Members of your family were killed, yet somehow we have you - which really does prove that Hitler didn't go far enough.

Simmer down now

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Brilladelphia posted:

"It’s more challenging for a poor child in Harlem without parental guidance in a school that’s falling apart than it is for some white kid out in Garden City,"

To be fair to O'Reilly here he's at least acknowledging that black kids from a run-down area have it harder than white kids from a rich area and that investment is needed to rectify this. He goes about saying it in a lovely way for sure ("tattoos on their foreheads"), but the interactions I've generally had with right-leaning Americans (I'm British myself) have shown me that many seem to think that blacks are trapped in poverty due to a combination of their own moral and intellectual failings coupled with being hooked on welfare, and if they only "worked hard like me" they'd be successful but they're too stupid and lazy. I guess I have low expectations but I was at least a little bit pleasantly surprised to see a racist shithead with a national platform acknowledge external factors are at play with regards to black poverty.

I agree somewhat. It's like O'Reily almost had a salient point about the lack of infrastructure and revenue to support it, in poor communities (although I don't know I would have used Harlem cause on it's worst day it's still part of New York) but then he takes a hard right turn into assholeville with "black kids have tattoos on their foreheads!".

And in defense of Trump, his plan for bringing back jobs to those kinds of communities, do not seem to involve high skill or high paying jobs, and he's operating under the plan that "a lovely job is better than no job".

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Reminder that Bill O'Reilly went to a restaurant in Harlem and was literally amazed that it operated like a "normal" restaurant and that the black people weren't just shouting and breaking poo poo constantly.

E: VVV There's gimmick restaurants where the server is rude to you and insults you, but I'd be down with the next step up, Total Chaos Eatery.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 12, 2016

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i would eat at a restaraunt where people where constantly breaking poo poo and screaming. it'd be like eating in an episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

WampaLord posted:

Reminder that Bill O'Reilly went to a restaurant in Harlem and was literally amazed that it operated like a "normal" restaurant and that the black people weren't just shouting and breaking poo poo constantly.

O'Reilly was expecting every restaurant in Harlem to be The Wieners Circle

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Brilladelphia posted:

"It’s more challenging for a poor child in Harlem without parental guidance in a school that’s falling apart than it is for some white kid out in Garden City,"

To be fair to O'Reilly here he's at least acknowledging that black kids from a run-down area have it harder than white kids from a rich area and that investment is needed to rectify this. He goes about saying it in a lovely way for sure ("tattoos on their foreheads"), but the interactions I've generally had with right-leaning Americans (I'm British myself) have shown me that many seem to think that blacks are trapped in poverty due to a combination of their own moral and intellectual failings coupled with being hooked on welfare, and if they only "worked hard like me" they'd be successful but they're too stupid and lazy. I guess I have low expectations but I was at least a little bit pleasantly surprised to see a racist shithead with a national platform acknowledge external factors are at play with regards to black poverty.

Goddamn this is a low bar to set. I don't disagree with you based on his history but ugh.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Pro click.

quote:

"Sen. Cruz considers John Cornyn a friend, they worked in tandem on many issues important to Texas and the country, and will continue to do so," spokeswoman Catherine Frazier emailed.

A Cornyn spokesman declined to comment for this story.

Brilladelphia
Jun 26, 2012

The Nastier Nate posted:

I agree somewhat. It's like O'Reily almost had a salient point about the lack of infrastructure and revenue to support it, in poor communities (although I don't know I would have used Harlem cause on it's worst day it's still part of New York) but then he takes a hard right turn into assholeville with "black kids have tattoos on their foreheads!".

And in defense of Trump, his plan for bringing back jobs to those kinds of communities, do not seem to involve high skill or high paying jobs, and he's operating under the plan that "a lovely job is better than no job".

Yeh he's still a complete racist shithead, he seemed to be implying that poor blacks are so uneducated and feral that they're not capable of even the most basic jobs, and I do remember how he went to a black restaurant and was amazed that it wasn't like feeding time at the zoo. But he showed a deeper understanding and more nuanced view than 90% of the American right wing (a low bar for sure) in mentioning the lack of infrastructure being the major impediment rather than culture or whatnot.

Edit:

AhhYes posted:

Goddamn this is a low bar to set. I don't disagree with you based on his history but ugh.
It's a really low bar for sure, but just look at America's history with regards to blacks and this sadly amounts to progress

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Adar posted:

This is partly correct. If Trump loses IN he has no remaining path to 1237.

However, the poll that had him up 8 in Cali also showed Cruz/Kasich winning a large number of CDs anyway, meaning he could win IN and still whiff depending on how the geography turns out.

Having said that, he only needs (some number between 1200-1220 depending on how many unbounds he picks off), and if it turns out he gets 1220 pledged + 17 unbounds who go on CNN supporting him the media will do the math.

I gave Trump ~90 delegates in California and had him underperform in both WV and NM and still ended up giving him around 1170. I think Trump loses Indiana, but the high 30's number of delegates he'd win there if he won it is enough to set him on a path to 1237 before the nomination.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Boy, this thread sure got weird and antisemitic last night, huh?

:sad:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

WampaLord posted:

how do you have such a warped view of other groups of people like this? amazing

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

WampaLord posted:

http://gothamist.com/2012/07/23/5_years_ago_bill_oreilly_was_amazed.php

That's...well, that's something.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ted Cruz eats boggers. You simply cannot elect a booger eater as president. I will not serve a booger eating nation!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Trump quote of the day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Poi5x0E2CM#t=25m12s

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

WampaLord posted:

E: VVV There's gimmick restaurants where the server is rude to you and insults you, but I'd be down with the next step up, Total Chaos Eatery.

I thought Ed Debbebics closed down :(

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AhhYes posted:

a lot of people don't clear that bar so you know, there's that

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/poll-voters-split-between-clinton-trump-hypothetical-november-matchup-n554306

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Zelder posted:

i would eat at a restaraunt where people where constantly breaking poo poo and screaming. it'd be like eating in an episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33zPlnhymCU

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

The NBC News|SurveyMonkey Weekly Election Tracking poll was conducted online April 4 through April 10, 2016 among a national sample of 12,692 adults aged 18 and over, including 11,204 who say they are registered to vote. Respondents for this non-probability survey were selected from the nearly three million people who take surveys on the SurveyMonkey platform each day.

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

honestly ads of just the booger / tonsil stone clip incident with no context on repeat for 30 seconds should be able to secure a decisive dem vs cruz victory

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

what is this mickey mouse tier pandering bullshit

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ted cruz out there putting holes in the matzo wearing a kippa with his campaign logo on it, kasich's all "one jewish bread please" shiiiit.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

zoux posted:

2016 Republican Primary: Gov. Kasich will briefly buy matzoh

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

zoux posted:

Matzo is delicious, maybe he has a hankering.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

quote:

The poll was conducted online from April 4 through April 10 of 11,204 adults aged 18 and over who say they are registered to vote.

i don't believe this was an online poll because ron paul didn't win

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

squidgee posted:

Matzo is delicious, maybe he has a hankering.

No. It's a giant, tasteless, unsalted cracker. It is not delicious in any way, shape, or form.

It is however, a perfect metaphor for Kasich.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

“For him to win a floor fight, he’s going to need more friends, not less,” said U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina.

“And I think he’s reaching out to people, and we’ll see how that goes,” Graham added.

I love seeing Graham quotes, dude's hilarious.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

WampaLord posted:

No. It's a giant, tasteless, unsalted cracker. It is not delicious in any way, shape, or form.

the standard kasich voter however would probably consider matzoh too ethnic

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Will Kasich make, make, make the holes?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joementum posted:

Fun thing I just learned: if 25% of the rules committee dissents from the report, they can issue their own minority report and both get votes for adoption on the floor.

The GOP does seem like they would go for special rules for minorities

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pick posted:

I love seeing Graham quotes, dude's hilarious.

I feel like he's one of these people who is just barely savvy enough that he's beginning to figure out he was the Bad Guy all along, and he's starting to have a bit of a crisis over it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

WampaLord posted:

its good with butter

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

mdemone posted:

I feel like he's one of these people who is just barely savvy enough that he's beginning to figure out he was the Bad Guy all along, and he's starting to have a bit of a crisis over it.

i'm looking forward to his version of the Fog of War documentary so we get his thousand-yard stare instead of McNamara's

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

So any day now we should see rulescommitteehitlist.com to go along with the superdelegatehitlist.com we have on the dem side. :ohdear:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

its good with butter

At that point, it's just a butter delivery mechanism and I'd rather have something like a Ritz cracker for that, which tastes fine on its own.

The only reason to be eating Matzo is that it's Passover and you are Jewish.

Oh god, it's me, I'm the one doing food chat. I'm sorry. :sad:

E: VVV I GIS'd hardtack and they look almost the same, except hardtack looks a bit thicker than Matzo.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

WampaLord posted:

that sounds a lot like hardtack and hardtack is super bland and bad

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ReidRansom posted:

that sounds a lot like hardtack and hardtack is super bland and bad

Aye matey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

WampaLord posted:

At that point, it's just a butter delivery mechanism and I'd rather have something like a Ritz cracker for that, which tastes fine on its own.

The only reason to be eating Matzo is that it's Passover and you are Jewish.

Oh god, it's me, I'm the one doing food chat. I'm sorry. :sad:

E: VVV I GIS'd hardtack and they look almost the same, except hardtack looks a bit thicker than Matzo.

Matzo ball soup is delicious and acceptable year round.

• Locked thread