Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

At first I thought that was filtered to just show losses... :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Who even goes to outer ring?

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

Aurora Shadow, isn't that one of the alliances that merged to become tribe?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

Oh come on, your're smarter, better and less gullible than this.

That account lets several people post to it via a bot, including folks like marivauder and doc weed. I'd treat it with the appropriate degree of scepticism.

Edit: and it is as remarkably consistently unfunny as that might lead you to expect.

ty to you and oss for taking a big percentage of the ridiculously bitter hurtfeelings people

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Who even goes to outer ring?

~Valued allies~ do.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

If I was going to indulge in that sort of merrie trollerie I would get penif to let me put the Endie character in Goonfleet in Goonswarm and post that we and OSS were getting the old band back together. Make it something that would get some posting going.

he cant do that, goonfleet is locked up and is in bob, goonswarm is is owned by rens 911 and idk who owns that maybe bmerc?

what im saying is please make your jokes possible, like saying bat is going to hold vfk to spite bmerc

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 12, 2016

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Endie posted:

baltec changed his name to grindr so it's still named after him check and mate

:vince:

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

c

Goonfleet is in Band Of Brothers and permalocked because Kartoon did his thing.

Goonswarm is still owned by somebody in PL (maybe penif idk) though.

e: :argh:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helicon One posted:

c

Goonfleet is in Band Of Brothers and permalocked because Kartoon did his thing.

Goonswarm is still owned by somebody in PL (maybe penif idk) though.

e: :argh:

Penif still owns it. He was trying to sell the alliance a year or two ago.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

pseudanonymous posted:

Why is reddit so obsessed with us (goons). Seriously.

The typical redditor is a well-off entitled manchild. GSF was their eve father figure that told them no once and then took their toys away when they had a tantrum. They've never forgiven us for it.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he cant do that, goonfleet is locked up and is in bob, goonswarm is is owned by rens 911 and idk who owns that maybe bmerc?

what im saying is please make your jokes possible, like saying bat is going to hold vfk to spite bmerc

You're right I hadn't really thought it through. A chastened man, I'll endeavour to keep my jokes strictly realistic from now on.

I should point out that the grindr character is probably taken so that Baltec one wasn't true either.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

VideoGames posted:

Thinking about Rock what sort of modules do you think would be wise to attach to him. I have two mining laser iis. I have one of those cargo extender bay things. A kinetic thing and a shieldy booster.

What goes in the rigs section that is neat and helpful?
You should probably remove the cargo extender because your Venture has a special ore hold that isn't affected by cargo modules. Instead, you could fit a Mining Laser Upgrade I (or a Mining Laser Upgrade II if you have the skills) to increase the rate at which you pull in ore. Alternatively, you could make your ship more survivable by fitting a Damage Control I or an IFFA Compact Damage Control.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

You're right I hadn't really thought it through. A chastened man, I'll endeavour to keep my jokes strictly realistic from now on.

I should point out that the grindr character is probably taken so that Baltec one wasn't true either.

it isnt, grindr grindr is a name but afaik "grindr" is not

and thank you, realism in the jokes is important and a cornerstone of any good comic moment

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Unfunny Poster posted:

Penif still owns it. He was trying to sell the alliance a year or two ago.

With Chribba as third party and the thread was trolled into oblivion.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
Real talk- so- if 'The Final Solution™' is to Widotte everything into GSF proper...

Why is Mittens so upset about that background? Isn't this what he wants?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Mnoba posted:

gotta live for the small moments, like making xolve and his stupid asfarte squad sit in a pos

Is that Xolve that does those Astarte fleets? I thought that was a PL thing and he's in tishu or something now isn't he?

Despera posted:

Yeah but they probably dont think H1Z1 is anything less than poo poo

That one group plays dota which is even worse tho

Glory of Arioch posted:

the best part about this was test really wanted to fight our fleet and PL dropping supers basically blueballed test :laugh:

They did it again later when I was fighting some exodus try hards off an Ihub, 20 supers and a bunch of geddons

Bet TEST felt real good when they got abandoned inside a small, ungunned pos by all their allies

Otacon posted:

...don't say ship-spinning in saranen, don't say ship-spinning in saranen, don't say ship-spinning in saranen, don't say ship-spinning in saranen......

like ship-spinning in saranen?

There have been 3-4 fleets out steadily for 6 plus hour stretches, if people joined them instead of sitting around waiting for a Grindr it would be interesting

frozenphil posted:

CainFortea up here is right. If you actually log in and join fleets you'd be having fun too. Maybe don't read forums so much?

Been having more fun playing this dumb game than for any time in years. If you're high browing caracal fleets you're missing out - at least if the fc has half an idea what they're doing

frozenpussy posted:

I mean I suppose

So they... Cut the eagle in half and stuck in a tacky red banner

:sigh:

CainFortea posted:

MiniLuv, reavers, HS. Yup, there certainly are not sigs that go out and do poo poo during peace time.

SV is still a thing

scandoslav posted:

This was my plan for HS, but I could never destroy Theta. :argh:

Managed to kill off SV, TopGoon, and most of BlackOps, though.

SV isn't dead, it's just different from what it was when you and I both started.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Reavers is mostly dead, or is on a deployment-only thing (only active when deployed).

It's the second one.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

Real talk- so- if 'The Final Solution™' is to Widotte everything into GSF proper...

Why is Mittens so upset about that background? Isn't this what he wants?

i think it's a couple alliances not just goonfleetswarm, also it was a bad and stupid background?

hell even if the plan is to merge everyone it's still fuckin rude and discounts all of them, gotta play the Game

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

i think it's a couple alliances not just goonfleetswarm, also it was a bad and stupid background?

It was pretty stupid.

hell even if the plan is to merge everyone it's still fuckin rude and discounts all of them, gotta play the Game

Fair.

Mnoba posted:

gotta live for the small moments, like making xolve and his stupid asfarte squad sit in a pos

I like how the last 20 pages are 'LOL we're not going to fight you 4:1' but you expect 30 dudes to fight a 60 man Swordfleet + a 70 man WL Mach/Muninn fleet.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Is that Xolve that does those Astarte fleets? I thought that was a PL thing and he's in tishu or something now isn't he?

I'm not what you would call an FC. I just show up and shoot things and find other ways to be useful.

Also- I'm in Sniggerdly, premiere powerhouse pvptriage feeding corporation in the Pandemic Legion alliance.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

They did it again later when I was fighting some exodus try hards off an Ihub, 20 supers and a bunch of geddons

This isn't what happened, at all. You're free to think it is however.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 12, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

I like how the last 20 pages are 'LOL we're not going to fight you 4:1' but you expect 30 dudes to fight a 60 man Swordfleet + a 70 man WL Mach/Muninn fleet.

fair's fair :twisted::getin::twisted:

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
The new background looks like tryhard pubbie poo poo. The old one with the bees was swag AF.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Kalenn Istarion posted:

There have been 3-4 fleets out steadily for 6 plus hour stretches, if people joined them instead of sitting around waiting for a Grindr it would be interesting

Been having more fun playing this dumb game than for any time in years. If you're high browing caracal fleets you're missing out - at least if the fc has half an idea what they're doing

Yeah the people sitting around waiting are dumb. At least sword fleets and Caracals get somewhat regular and decent numbers. Thankless narcosubs gets like 25-45 people max in US TZ (that I've seen in the last two weeks). Funny thing, we had maybe 100-150 people out between a sword fleet, narcosubs, and a caracal fleet, but as soon as a grindrfleet ping went out last night we suddenly had an additional full fleet ready to go.

Vulan's sword fleets are fuckin sweet, if you're apprehensive about running around in frigates and want a real good time, seriously go on one of those. Stop spinnin your ships waiting for the big poo poo like speedboats or grindr like Kalenn said.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
he doesnt like it, gj ccp :)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Mukk does the Astartes for PL.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Feeding ships to Fweddit is something I refuse to do, I'm sure there's a 'students become master' moment in the future- but what do we say to death?

Mederlock posted:

Vulan's sword fleets are fuckin sweet, if you're apprehensive about running around in frigates and want a real good time, seriously go on one of those. Stop spinnin your ships waiting for the big poo poo like speedboats or grindr like Kalenn said.

Headshot's incoming.

Unfunny Poster posted:

I prefer Sleipnirs tbh.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

he doesnt like it, gj ccp :)

I don't either but I also try not to get worked up over such things.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Countdown to ISD intervention

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't either but I also try not to get worked up over such things.

poo poo, it's not like it's worse than the last one

(the last one was garbage on the level of ccpbee)

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

So what you are saying is you don't like taking fights where you are woefully outnumbered and/or outgunned. Got it. Funny how that works.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Siets posted:

So what you are saying is you don't like taking fights where you are woefully outnumbered and/or outgunned. Got it. Funny how that works.

Swordfleet/Jackdaws/Caracals don't matter, we fight that outnumbered all the time.

My point was- we're not going to feed to Elo, and I personally, am not going to feed to Fweddit.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
I believe the common CFC line in the past was "if you don't like being blobbed make some friends".

:ironicat:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

dragonstalking posted:

I believe the common CFC line in the past was "if you don't like being blobbed make some friends".

:ironicat:

It's our fault they suck at diplomacy.

Looks at director logs- oh wait, it's not. :sun:

e:stop using :ironicat:

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Kalenn Istarion posted:

If you're trying to catch up to a existing fleet, unless they're literally next door or hitting something in lowsec, you're probably not going to make it. You don't even stand a good chance in a interceptor because at least one gate is going to have a smart bomb setup on it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lack of Gravitas posted:

The Venture actually has two cargo bays - the regular cargo bay which can hold 50m3 of any stuff, and the ore hold which holds 5000m3 of ore. Only the regular cargo bay is affected by the cargo extender, so having it doesn't really help you much with mining.

You could remove the cargo extender and replace it with a Mining Laser Upgrade, which will boost how much ore you get each cycle from the mining lasers. (Ship Equipment > Harvest Equipment > Mining Upgrades).

If you want to see exactly how much ore an asteroid has, you can fit a Survey Scanner in one of the mid slots. Asteroids vanish after all the ore is mined out, and you can turn your mining lasers off partway through a cycle, so if an asteroid is nearly empty you don't need to wait the full cycle (ie if you mine 100 units per cycle and the rock has 50 units left, you can turn off the laser halfway through).

The Venture can also carry two small combat drones, which won't help you against other players but are good for fighting off the NPCs which show up to interrupt your fun. Drones can sometimes have a mind of their own and you'll wonder WTF they are doing, but I like them and there are combat ships that use them as a main weapon system.

The spare high slot is called a utility high, you can't use it for weapons/mining lasers etc. If your are killing rats you could put a Salvager to get a bit more profit from the wrecks. Or if you wanted to be sneaky and go mine in lawless space you could put a cloaking device in there instead :black101:

Awesome! I have a quick hour or so to do a tiny bit of mining! Maybe I'll venture out somewhere else! :spooky:!

See you in space everyone!

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Xolve posted:

It's our fault they suck at diplomacy.

Looks at director logs- oh wait, it's not. :sun:

e:stop using :ironicat:

You're not my dad.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

poo poo, it's not like it's worse than the last one

(the last one was garbage on the level of ccpbee)

I thought it was OK for a CCP made one that wasn't as bad as ccpbee.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

dragonstalking posted:

You're not my dad.

only because he would have pulled out in time

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Unfunny Poster posted:

They've got a goofy name too, stubby birds? They're sluggy as hell to fly but do really pack a punch, which feels sort of odd for a roaming doctrine but it seems to be working. I do miss the sleips though.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also there are so far 3 really good SwordFleet FCs that I've flown with:

havish
vulan
dabigredboat

If you haven't flown with these guys yet, I strongly recommend doing so. Boat in particular provides a hilariously goony "allahu ackbar" experience. His enthusiasm cannot be matched. Havish and vulan are both excellent, chill, and supremely competent dudes.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Siets posted:

dabigredboat

you sick filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

pugnax posted:

They've got a goofy name too, stubby birds? They're sluggy as hell to fly but do really pack a punch, which feels sort of odd for a roaming doctrine but it seems to be working. I do miss the sleips though.

It's better than the cat gimmick.

• Locked thread