Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

sharktamer posted:

Jimbei is cool but why does everyone pretend to love him so much cos he summoned happy whales once? That only means happy whales are :krad:.

He's brought the happyass sharks on more than one occasion. Even if he was otherwise not good, which is not true, the ability to call a shark party would be enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
more like jinbae, eh?

eh?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

jimbei is my friend

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

more like jinbae, eh?

eh?

Jimb-ayyyyyyyy

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Jimbo for tenth strawhat

Stop ragging on his cord

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I want to see Robin get more fights because she has a freaky-cool power that is good for freaky-cool fight scenes.

I don't feel that this is unreasonable.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

remember in skypeia where she beat up some fat guy? good times

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If Robin wasn't inherently against robotics on a gendered level...just imagine the magnificent giant, robot armored, titan that she and Franky could team up to build.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
jimbei is okay but theres probably much more interesting potential crew members. also there probably doesnt need to be any more crew members anyway since oda cant even find something for some of the current ones to do most of the time

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
JinBaywatch.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Manatee Cannon posted:

remember in skypeia where she beat up some fat guy? good times

She totally murdered that guy. He hasn't shown up in any cover arcs!

But yeah that was her last real fight, which is sad. Oda has admitted that he has trouble figuring out how to write a good fight for her, which explains her kind of lame role in Dressrosa. Hopefully she can get another good one, some day....

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Begemot posted:

She totally murdered that guy. He hasn't shown up in any cover arcs!

But yeah that was her last real fight, which is sad. Oda has admitted that he has trouble figuring out how to write a good fight for her, which explains her kind of lame role in Dressrosa. Hopefully she can get another good one, some day....

Using her as a testbed for fight choreography between Awakened fruit users would probably be a good move. I mean, her whole thing is that the entire battlefield is now trying to murder you.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if you don't think jinbei is extremely cool, and good... ya might be a redneck :D

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
gotta hand it to him, jinbei has the uniquer distinction of being the most boring fishman in the series AND the most boring warlord in the series

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Yeah I never got the appeal of JinBAE or how people think he would "be a great fit" with the crew. He works great as an ally, he'll be there for the big showdown, but I don't understand what he would bring to the Sunny this close to the end. He's boring, stoic, I mean I guess Oda could write absolutely anybody into fun and funny situations so I don't doubt it'll be entertaining, but of all the characters to be excited about...

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ryaomon posted:

gotta hand it to him, jinbei has the uniquer distinction of being the most boring fishman in the series AND the most boring warlord in the series

Advice posted:

Yeah I never got the appeal of JinBAE or how people think he would "be a great fit" with the crew. He works great as an ally, he'll be there for the big showdown, but I don't understand what he would bring to the Sunny this close to the end. He's boring, stoic, I mean I guess Oda could write absolutely anybody into fun and funny situations so I don't doubt it'll be entertaining, but of all the characters to be excited about...

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Ryaomon posted:

You can't call him the most boring when Hody Jones' crew exists. The only people I remember from that are Hody, who is just Arlong but stronger and boring, and some squid guy whose afraid of fire. They are all less interesting than Jinbei.
I will agree that he isn't really Strawhat material, though. He's not really ridiculous enough to be the silly guy, and he's not serious enough to be another straight guy. He also doesn't really bring any necessary skills to the crew. Just leave him as an ally, it's a good fit for him.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

CaptianKatsura posted:

You can't call him the most boring when Hody Jones' crew exists. The only people I remember from that are Hody, who is just Arlong but stronger and boring, and some squid guy whose afraid of fire. They are all less interesting than Jinbei.
I will agree that he isn't really Strawhat material, though. He's not really ridiculous enough to be the silly guy, and he's not serious enough to be another straight guy. He also doesn't really bring any necessary skills to the crew. Just leave him as an ally, it's a good fit for him.

Seriously? How do you forget Zeo, he of the 'I am headbutting your foot' tactic?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

Seriously? How do you forget Zeo, he of the 'I am headbutting your foot' tactic?

Hi I'm ZEO.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you thought it was a floormat but it was me, ZEO

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

CaptianKatsura posted:

was he stronger then Arlong?

I'm not convinced. I'm pretty sure that was only because of the Steroids.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

was he stronger then Arlong?

I'm not convinced. I'm pretty sure that was only because of the Steroids.

He cracked an entire wall with one hand before the steroids. It just doesn't stand out because Zoro clowned him right after. Even one of the fodder trash guys stood up to a Jet Pistol.

Really, I'm pretty sure if he were at full health Zoro could have taken Arlongs entire crew though, given how he took out half after getting smashed in the chest by a giant anime sword.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Last Celebration posted:

Even one of the fodder trash guys stood up to a Jet Pistol.

Surely you don't mean Hyouzou, probably the strongest pre-steroid fishman antagonist in that arc? Guy was a monster, Zoro was just a bigger monster.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

CaptianKatsura posted:

Nobody else on the crew can talk to fish or shoulder throw the ocean at people.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The only Strawhat that even approaches Jinbei's utility underwater is Sanji, and Sanji is a distant second.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The only Strawhat that even approaches Jinbei's utility underwater is Sanji, and Sanji is a distant second.

My boy sanji will parboil, poach and sous vide his way back to greatness.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Rigged Death Trap posted:

My boy sanji will parboil, poach and sous vide his way back to greatness.

I actually have some hope that this arc will redeem him somewhat. Before the time skip Sanji was my favorite Strawhat after Luffy. He was consistently the closest thing the Strawhats had to a strategist, and it was really satisfying to see him be clever.

At least Usopp and Franky have both been killing it recently.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
Jinbe needs to join the crew. Who else is going to come up with strategy names?

Lectim
Jan 2, 2010
Isn't Jinbei also Luffy's personal blood bank? I mean look at the size of him. He must be full of blood!

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
It's gonna be Carrot, Jinbei too generic at this point in the series. He wouldn't do anything that Law didn't already do with the crew as far as dynamics are concerned. People complained that Sabo was Ace v2 but that's all Jinbei would ever be after having Law with them for so long. Except he doesn't a ridiculously strong power so he's actually worse.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Je suis fatigue posted:

It's gonna be Carrot, Jinbei too generic at this point in the series. He wouldn't do anything that Law didn't already do with the crew as far as dynamics are concerned. People complained that Sabo was Ace v2 but that's all Jinbei would ever be after having Law with them for so long. Except he doesn't a ridiculously strong power so he's actually worse.

Carrot didnt have a good and strong intro though.

At this point if a new character appears and they are fully intended to be crew, I think it would be incredibly obvious.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
for next crew member.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
If we didn't get Margarita back on Amazon Lily, weren't not getting Carrot who has two character traits, one of which being Electro.

I wish Law would stay forever.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Je suis fatigue posted:

Jinbe literally throws the ocean at people making him comically strong against DF eaters and he is arguably the most powerful martial artist yet shown in the series through his karate skills, which he has used to chump various other strong characters, including Luffy who is immune to blunt force damage yet is still damaged by Jinbe's fist, on several occasions.

Just lol if you think Jinbe is a bad character.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Crazyeyes posted:

Jinbe literally throws the ocean at people making him comically strong against DF eaters and he is arguably the most powerful martial artist yet shown in the series through his karate skills, which he has used to chump various other strong characters, including Luffy who is immune to blunt force damage yet is still damaged by Jinbe's fist, on several occasions.

Just lol if you think Jinbe is a bad character.

Lotta good throwing the ocean at people does when every fight takes place on land. :colbert:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Je suis fatigue posted:

Lotta good throwing the ocean at people does when every fight takes place on land. :colbert:

People are oceans of blood :unsmigghh:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Je suis fatigue posted:

Lotta good throwing the ocean at people does when every fight takes place on islands surrounded by water. :colbert:

FTFY

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like jimbei

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Carrot didnt have a good and strong intro though.

At this point if a new character appears and they are fully intended to be crew, I think it would be incredibly obvious.

*cough*Jinbei*cough*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Jinbei is already part of the crew, luffy asked him and he said ok i just got poo poo to take care of first.