Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is what JoJo is about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdxL4nkCPrc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Do not click Baals links it just gives him YouTube hits

That's the power of his stand [AD BUCKS]

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Every anim with soldiers or ww2 should have a Japanese guy stare at the camera and specifically apologise to us, the gaijin

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish I could monetize any of this

No, instead I do it for the love of the game

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The whole Nazi thing is unfortunately just something you have to grit your teeth at, but I can understand feeling uncomfortable with it. You can't have explicit Nazi imagery and pass it off as just Jojo being Jojo, since future parts don't do that sort of thing.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Man I wish Avdol's voice was a little gruffer but other than that I really want to rewatch the whole series with that dub.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Joseph making instant coffee using a Japanese tea set is the Most Joseph Thing and I love it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well Viz got the license so it's probably getting a dub at some point finally

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That being said getting a voice to outdo dub D'Arby from the OVA is hard because that dude's voice rocked, he needs to sound cajun as gently caress

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They said they're dubbing SDC and DiU and Bluraying all JoJo.

Brian Blessed for DIO or gently caress it all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm bluraying you

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They said they're dubbing SDC and DiU and Bluraying all JoJo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpTEKTLVKCE

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Momomo posted:

The whole Nazi thing is unfortunately just something you have to grit your teeth at, but I can understand feeling uncomfortable with it. You can't have explicit Nazi imagery and pass it off as just Jojo being Jojo, since future parts don't do that sort of thing.

Future parts aren't set in the mid 1930s, in Europe

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iDzDgbH4OU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

I'm bluraying you

Thank you :)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Namtab posted:

Future parts aren't set in the mid 1930s, in Europe

It being in 1930s Europe means it's alright to portray the Nazis in a positive light? Oops I mentioned a part 6 thing in the anime thread sorry

Momomo fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 12, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't know if you can portray what are essentially plot devices in a positive light

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Momomo posted:

It being in 1930s Europe means it's alright to portray the Nazis in a positive light? The last example of him doing this was part 6 mentioning KKK members, and they sure as hell weren't good guys.

Lmao

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also this is the animu thread, we only talk about how bad Josuke's hair is not Part 6's KKK inspired series of characters

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Whoops, edited that out, sorry.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Best not portray the robonazi as cool. Let's mourn the sacrifice of jojos friends Caesar

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Araki putting Caesar on a loving imaginary cross for the third JoJonium of Battle Tendency is about one of the most hamfisted things he's done

And that dude tried to deify Dio a dude who's so petty you could not see him as any sort of god

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DIO is the god of sex

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Baal posted:

Araki putting Caesar on a loving imaginary cross for the third JoJonium of Battle Tendency is about one of the most hamfisted things he's done

And that dude tried to deify Dio a dude who's so petty you could not see him as any sort of god

Dio is a god

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DIO also has the coolest Stand in Stardust Crusaders.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i dont mind it as much that stroheim was a nazi as i do that he killed all those civilians that one time

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Caesar died for his sins, which were mostly being a Fascist and friends with Nazis.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Caesar's stand would be The Sun but a giant bubble instead.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Joseph. :allears:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GaJUmefY1I

It looks like the dub is really dumb but maybe in a good way?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

I want Araki to be forbidden from ever drawing the pillar men ever again.
Look at this loving SKINNY KARS.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
DIO is a poo poo tier villain.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Kars is sexy. Don't hate.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The JoJonium Star Platinum is worst.

It's like his cousin Jeff Platinum or some poo poo

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I don't think these JoJonium drawings are so bad. They're kind of neat.

Except this one. WTF.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I don't mind the Pillar Men that much (though they are kind of missing the point), his Jonathan was pretty terrible looking, and that Star Platinum is...well, it is what it is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's funny because these were drawn in the JoJolion era and JoJolion has some of the absolute best Stand designs to date but you wouldn't think it looking at Harold Platinum.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

It's like his cousin Jeff Platinum or some poo poo

He screamed six thousand "ORAS!", never drew a dime...

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's funny because these were drawn in the JoJolion era and JoJolion has some of the absolute best Stand designs to date but you wouldn't think it looking at Harold Platinum.

It shows too. It totally has the streamlined, minimal design that some of the Pt8 stands do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
First three parts should always be drawn with brick shithouses. Maybe if we didn't know what Star Platinum and Kars looked like prior to JoJolion redraws then maybe but as things Stand :colbert:

• Locked thread