Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RareAcumen posted:

What's wrong?

I read the spirit's name and was just thinking to myself "It'd be funny if someone made a joke about-" and then saw the alt text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Cheston posted:

patchhweeyerm

late to the party and a dollar short but I still don't get it? :confused:

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Dalris Othaine posted:

late to the party and a dollar short but I still don't get it? :confused:

You know, hweeyermz. Them little doit snakes what poops from they faces.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I poop from my face every time I post. :haw:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
new comic

Not a lot really going on here, I was sorta hoping we'd get more info on Mina and Rick's past this page. At least Patchworm looks cool.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
As much as I like Lucifer, I think Patchworm seems much more pleasant to have inside your head (glasses).

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Starchman's agenda is Education.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo, finally vindication that Spender isn't wholly at fault for something!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

With all the myriad things so far that have been Spender's fault, the cascade of fuckups that led to the death of the ghost train weren't really his at all. Her guard crunched it, Day coming to town wasn't his idea, she pulled the arrow without asking what it was and honestly the whole chain of events that led to it getting stuck there were the result of Zarei herself sending the train on early as a "prank" before Spender could sweep for stowaways - if she hadn't done that, the demon dogs would've been caught and Spender and Forge would've never met. She's blaming him for something that's not his fault, even if we restricted it to just what she knows about what happened.

Edit: It's actually kind of funny that the demon dogs' plans depended on Zarei breaking protocol like that.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Dolash posted:

Edit: It's actually kind of funny that the demon dogs' plans depended on Zarei breaking protocol like that.

Considering the demon dogs' abilities, I'm assuming their original plan was to keep reviving until they passed the barrier or killed/incapacitated the crew. Zarei doing her thing just made it slightly easier for them.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

neogeo0823 posted:

Considering the demon dogs' abilities, I'm assuming their original plan was to keep reviving until they passed the barrier or killed/incapacitated the crew. Zarei doing her thing just made it slightly easier for them.

I doubt Zarei would've let the train pass the barrier in that case. I assume they had some plan to hide somehow.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

welp it's me, i am the facepoop. thank you for explaining

also can we really blame Zarei and Spender for being anime weirdos when they are known to be some of the brightest graduates of the guerra family anime magic school

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
anime magic karate school

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

anime magic karate school

i figured that was implied by "anime"

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster

Roland Jones posted:

Huh, Patchworm's pattern matches her glasses. That implies that it's inside those, not her. Does she have a second spirit causing the glowing eyes, or...?

Huh, didn't notice the matching color/pattern. Nice catch.

Splicer posted:

I wonder if patchhweeyerm just looks like that or if they did actually used to be a hweeyerm and are currently metamorphosing.

Also I wonder if Spender and Zarei met during the formation of an all-glasses spectral team.

I hope at a later point we get to see some advanced butterfly-making abilities. (Or moth powers. Moths are cool too.)

Also, for those that didn't check the description: no comic this Friday. ("I'm catching up on other work and don't want to push my wrist too hard.") In addition, on Monday he tweeted that his computer locked up and he lost "a chunk of page progress" as a result, so that might be related.

On the subject of tweets:

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/717101515274461184

https://twitter.com/bunnybear00/status/717103137979387904

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Whoops, for a minute I thought we had an adult who wasn't on the train to crazytown.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
So it's kinda starting to sound like maybe Zarei wasn't the one who initially tamed the train, huh?

e/ vv maybe this is just what it looks like when you go into spirit time when you're already communing with another spirit?

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 12, 2016

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Whoa that's pretty sweet. So Zarei just merged the train into her spirit world?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Podima posted:

Whoa that's pretty sweet. So Zarei just merged the train into her spirit world?

Probably in much the same way Spender has Lucifer and the shadow spirit in his spirit world together.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That spirit color mismatch will probably lead to some issues, though, like she can't use the train's power to their fullest, it won't heal right/fast enough or the train might break free at an inopportune time.

These updates have really shown why her and Spender are... associates, I guess? She seems to share his taste for melodrama.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe Zarei was a gigantic dork the whole time.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
So I kinda want some answers, just in general. It feels like every comic is a cliffhanger and it's a bit irritating considering the ~1.5 pages we see a week. The art was really nice this week though and I'm glad Zarei is a big dork.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RareAcumen posted:

I can't believe Zarei was a gigantic dork the whole time.

Paranatural: I just seen some massive dorks, yo!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Considering the original meaning of dork I'm not sure we want that as a thread title

Or do we

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Dick Spender.

That is all.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Dolash posted:

That spirit color mismatch will probably lead to some issues, though, like she can't use the train's power to their fullest, it won't heal right/fast enough or the train might break free at an inopportune time.

These updates have really shown why her and Spender are... associates, I guess? She seems to share his taste for melodrama.

I wonder if the train breaking free at an inopportune time is why it took off unexpectedly in the first place. Of course Zarei would try to spin it as deliberate.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like Patchworm rolling its eye at Zarei. That is great.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Who would Zarei be jealous of? Maybe "she" is Spender's boo and/or the reason their relationship is tense.
The only other option I could think of is Boss Leader but there isn't really any evidence to tie her to this.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fecha posted:

The only other option I could think of is Boss Leader but there isn't really any evidence to tie her to this.

And that lack of evidence is exactly why she's at the top of the suspect list!

Tollemache
Oct 10, 2012
Max's mom who is also Boss Leader :colbert:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Tollemache posted:

Max's mom who is also Boss Leader :colbert:

Max's boss who is also Mom Leader

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Max's leader, who is also The Boss

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Luneshot posted:

Would that make Spender 'The Nerd' when he's part of the Cobra unit?

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

MonsieurChoc posted:

Would that make Spender 'The Nerd' when he's part of the Cobra unit?

The Pain (In Our Collective rear end).

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Luneshot posted:

And his mom, which I guess makes him Ocelot

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spender is obviously McDonell Benedict Kazuhira "Kaz" Miller.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blackheart posted:

Spender is obviously McDonell Benedict Kazuhira "Kaz" Miller.

"They played us like a drat spirit-fiddle!!"

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

next chapter zarei, spender, max, and isaac form a prog rock band

electric dorkupine

with spender as the star singer and isaac on electric guitar of course

Dalris Othaine fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 13, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Everyone gets a turn owning ghost train when it attacks Zarei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's gonna be incredibly badass when it hatches.