Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Think a Svipul would be fast enough/tanky enough to survive gate camps if I wanted to do low level null sec missions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

LemonDrizzle posted:

Fozzie droppin' bombs: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soia8k

Translation: if you form a mega-alliance to work around the intended limitations of the system, expect your tactics to be broken by future changes to the mechanics.

capital systems aren't a reward, they were put in because we pointed out that people don't rat and mine in capitals (they're too crowded) so their adms are bad

of course i am not suprised fozzie was unable to come up with a better example as this principle never existed

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Nietzschean posted:

I never got what was frightening about the lack of local. Especially since you need to be scanning anyway to find stuff to do in wormholes, you may as well have probes on your dscan settings to see if someone is trying to find you.

you mean when everyone is flying a uboat stratios anyway

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

MOA has fought the CFC turds now on grid for 3+ years. Facing daily the CFC blobs. Almost every engagement we had we were met with CFC blobs. We bring 30 they bring 100, we bring 100 they bring 500. In the face of that we still fought on, for Three plus FRIGGEN YEARS. We played daily, and took our lumps. The proximity to the CFC limited our doctrine choices...but we lived with it. We persisted ..we fought.. we ground them.
less than 2 months into an attack , and they fold and run away like a wet paper bag. WTF IS THIS?
FFS man up....show you have a backbone. If we can take 3 loving years of being poo poo on, and pounded..surely the mighty "IMPERIUM" can take 6 months before they even think about not fighting and giving up.
CFC FC's and leaders you are doing yourselves a disservice.
I mean holy crap...sack up...adapt... OK so now you have to deal with a BLOB... suck it up... change your doctrines FFS. Get on grid and fight FFS.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I have an idea, an alliance can only have as many super caps as they hold sov in systems.

Also the standings system is removed. Local, too.

Basically CCP wants emergent gameplay, just not too emergent.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

darth cookie posted:

frozenpussy posted:

I mean I suppose

That banner is very Lannister. I approve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECewrAld3zw

On the other hand, Lannisters do not fit goons very well since we are actually pretty notorious for that one time we did not pay our debts.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Otacon posted:

MOA has fought the CFC turds now on grid for 3+ years. Facing daily the CFC blobs. Almost every engagement we had we were met with CFC blobs. We bring 30 they bring 100, we bring 100 they bring 500. In the face of that we still fought on, for Three plus FRIGGEN YEARS. We played daily, and took our lumps. The proximity to the CFC limited our doctrine choices...but we lived with it. We persisted ..we fought.. we ground them.
less than 2 months into an attack , and they fold and run away like a wet paper bag. WTF IS THIS?
FFS man up....show you have a backbone. If we can take 3 loving years of being poo poo on, and pounded..surely the mighty "IMPERIUM" can take 6 months before they even think about not fighting and giving up.
I mean holy crap...sack up...adapt... OK so now you have to deal with a BLOB... suck it up... change your doctrines FFS. Get on grid and fight FFS.

Source your quotes.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainFortea posted:

Do you think we're going to tighten our shot groups afterwards? Maybe do some wulfpax while we're at it?

realtalk: we are already doing wulfpack sword fleet.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

scandoslav posted:

This was my plan for HS, but I could never destroy Theta. :argh:

Managed to kill off SV, TopGoon, and most of BlackOps, though.

Theta is eternal.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Xachariah posted:

^ Gamma Squad best squ :effort:

Gamma 4 lyfe. Or whatever :effort:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Nietzschean posted:

Theta is eternal.

Gurista menace never rests

Sergiu64
May 21, 2014

Otacon posted:

We have adapted. We're not taking dumb odds with expensive fleets. Flying cheap stuff and fighting when we can, just as you have with Cormorants.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Nietzschean posted:

I never got what was frightening about the lack of local. Especially since you need to be scanning anyway to find stuff to do in wormholes, you may as well have probes on your dscan settings to see if someone is trying to find you.

Local data refreshes instantaneously. DSCAN/Scanning data requires constant clicking to stay fresh.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Sergiu64 posted:

We have adapted. We're not taking dumb odds with expensive fleets. Flying cheap stuff and fighting when we can, just as you have with Cormorants.

jesus christ dude come on

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4egx20/goons_no_backboneno_persistencemakes_me_angry/

Dirtybilly
Jul 27, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

Careful, soon people may begin assuming EVE is actually fun. :sun:

Hey, it got me back in the game after a year hiatus. I almost feel as bad as that one time in Thailand...

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pugnax posted:

They've got a goofy name too, stubby birds? They're sluggy as hell to fly but do really pack a punch, which feels sort of odd for a roaming doctrine but it seems to be working. I do miss the sleips though.

I wish I had more time to play EVE Online so that I could fight Astartes. :(

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Maneck posted:

Local data refreshes instantaneously. DSCAN/Scanning data requires constant clicking to stay fresh.

Always idle in a recon. :getin:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Foul Ole Ron posted:

This thread would own if Videogames got a small fleet going which gave him the grand tour.

We should do this. I would participate.

x for fleeting with videogames

ps videogames is also the fc

:buddy:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Top ten things CCP might do to balance Entosis Sov

-Attacking with entosis will require an active War Declaration
-Only the alliance executor or alliance founder can defensively entosis
-Noobships get a 200% increase in entosis minute efficiency and 200% reduction in cycle time
-10,000 SP awarded for the first successful entosis cycle per day
-50 upvotes credited for a successful entosis, given by ISDs
-Command nodes now spawn Dense Veldspar
-Each entosis cycle credits 5,000,000 ISK to your IwantIsk account
-Successful node hacks get emails generated to NPC character named Ned
-Alliances created for the purpose of defensive entosis get a portrait background
-Reinforcing a sov structure kicks all the owning alliance mails into pastebins

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sergiu64 posted:

You're a friggen idiot, just like your white-text-macro avatar

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frozenpussy posted:

-Noobships get a 200% increase in entosis minute efficiency and 200% reduction in cycle time
-Alliances created for the purpose of defensive entosis get a portrait background

deadtear_emote.gif

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syndic Thrass posted:

you mean when everyone is flying a uboat stratios anyway

well okay sure but in that case having local also would not help. unless you mean you would just not huff gas if you knew there was a potentially afk uboat in the system, which i suppose is valid.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

frozenpussy posted:

someone taught frozenpussy how to post, and it is very disturbing to me

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

frozenpussy posted:

:rolleyes: christ sakes just as I thought you were getting better

quote:

I...what?

quote:

...:cripes: i'm retarded

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53249664/

Kismeteer bein dumb

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
you mean ismeteer

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Syndic Thrass posted:

you mean ismeteer

you mean a goddamn salvage thanatos

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fastest DD in the North.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

You have years of Dek money in a war chest and you don't just want to go out and shoot mans? I don't understand. For all the blurf about 'the best doctrines, the best ships, the best FCs' how is any of that a reality if you have all these toys that you just won't use?
First you acknowledge that the Imperium is wealthy due to the smart decisions and long-term strategies made by its financial team.

+1 Xolve! :haw:

Xolve posted:

You're doing it anyway. Why not ship up into something threatening?
...then you ask us to commit more of our financial wealth to the field despite knowing we are going to lose those fights: a not-fiscally-sound course of action.

-1 Xolve. :(

Xolve posted:

I like how the last 20 pages are 'LOL we're not going to fight you 4:1' but you expect 30 dudes to fight a 60 man Swordfleet + a 70 man WL Mach/Muninn fleet.
You are apparently aware that it is Not Smart to engage when outnumbered! Yay!

+1 Xolve. :haw:

Xolve posted:

Swordfleet/Jackdaws/Caracals don't matter, we fight that outnumbered all the time.

My point was- we're not going to feed to Elo, and I personally, am not going to feed to Fweddit.
...then you propose that it is ok for your crew to avoid feeding, but somehow not ok for the Imperium to do the same.

-1 Xolve. :(

...:psyduck:

Like, honestly dude. I used to have pugnax on ignore and your posts shown, but I think it may be time to reverse that.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

obligatory "lol if you ignore people"

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Despera posted:

What's the story with lawnmower jesus?

It's murderous.

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 12, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Siets posted:

Like, honestly dude. I used to have pugnax on ignore

yeah pugnax chilled out quite a bit i was glad to see it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Z

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
R

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
z

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Glory of Arioch posted:

yeah pugnax chilled out quite a bit i was glad to see it

That smug fox avatar used to piss me off so much, but now I kinda smile when I see it and think "awww :3:". Times have changed!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
no gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ltgenspecific
Nov 1, 2015

Despera posted:

Think a Svipul would be fast enough/tanky enough to survive gate camps if I wanted to do low level null sec missions?

Nope, terrible idea

• Locked thread