Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/719967963424669697

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

No Mans Land posted:

*posts an opinion come upon through years of independent thought, study, and reflection*

let us know when you get around to that.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

I cannot wait for that man to be president.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
2018: President Trump caught committing adultery with his daughter, presidential approval goes up by 2%

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
daughter hot, so what

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/719970851886645248

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
Smart guy, he has a pretty good shot in 2020 imo

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Typo posted:

Smart guy, he has a pretty good shot in 2020 imo

He might be a Democrat by 2020 if the alt-right can successfully complete their takeover.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He's still going to get strung up politically or maybe even literally by the Freedom Caucus.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/254920-paul-ryan-wont-run-for-speaker

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

squidgee posted:

And salt.

Matzo owns and anyone who says otherwise is wrong and dumb.

lol just lol if they donnt have the imagination to spice up a wafer thin cracker and complain about it instead like helpliess babies

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Laphroaig posted:

Today I learned that Ted Cruz is only 45. What the gently caress. The human-skin suit he wears is really showing its age.

Given how much the presidency ages someone we need to get Cruz elected so we can finally achieve the dream of having The Crypt Keeper lead this great nation.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
NML EAT THE PILLS

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

One is running for president, the other is being chosen by the majority party to be in a position of where you already hold office

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

His chances on the markets have gone from 1% to 0%. Rest in peace.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

run romney run

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

His chances on the markets have gone from 1% to 0%. Rest in peace.

I'd wager this means he has a 100% chance of getting the nomination now.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I skipped over 400 posts. Has Boosted worn the hat yet?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Paul Ryan: "But... I don't want to be the Republican nominee for President."

Wise Old Sage: "And that is why it must be you."

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

He's pulling a Sherman.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

thethreeman posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/12/politics/gop-convention-rules-committee/

really good article today with an overview of the legendary rules committee

Yuuuuuup that's where the loving is going to happen.

The backstabbing type, not the CPAC type.

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx
So if Cruz loses the GE in a landslide, will the GOP finally kick social conservatives to the curb? Or will there just be more infighting bout how Cruz was a liberal.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I fully expect some form of this from the dipshit who washes clean plates in soup kitchens because cameras are around.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oooff

quote:

Cruz said, “Look, what we know in California, whine is something best served with cheese. And Donald Trump has this very idea of Colorado, he has been on TV all day long saying Colorado was terrible. They stole the election. Donald Trump 65,000 people voted in the state of Colorado. They just didn’t vote for you. They voted for our campaign. Or to put it more simply, Donald Trump, it ain’t stealing when the voters vote against you. It is the voters reclaiming this country and reclaiming sanity.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/04/12/cruz-trump-whine-something-best-served-cheese/

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

This is about as obtuse as Santorum calling UCSF the most radical college in the country because it doesn't teach American history.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Well, on the one hand that's the exact sort of comment that got his rear end clobbered in NY. On the other hand, the west coast isn't known for it's belligerence like the east coast is.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Bernice Anders posted:

Ryan desperately wants to be president. All the posters shouting " oh my godddd poor ryan he doesn't want this what will he doooo" are loving idiots.

Sure, but this isn't the way to do it. Displacing Trump guarantees a loss at this point. The nomination this year is a poison chalice, it's just that the poison is Nativism and Trump happens to be immune.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

RACHET posted:

So if Cruz loses the GE in a landslide, will the GOP finally kick social conservatives to the curb? Or will there just be more infighting bout how Cruz was a liberal.

Usually this one of those "DUH GUESS" things, but after a few of their big wigs unloaded both barrels on the meth addled failures who dared to stop taking orders...I'm not sure. Add to this the meth addled failures tossing the GOP in the same enemy bin as the rest of the world and I'm really loving not sure.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol we live in nation where Ted Cruz says a vote for him is a vote for a return to sanity and he's pretty much right

nothing really mattered, anyone can see

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Usually this one of those "DUH GUESS" things, but after a few of their big wigs unloaded both barrels on the meth addled failures who dared to stop taking orders...I'm not sure. Add to this the meth addled failures tossing the GOP in the same enemy bin as the rest of the world and I'm really loving not sure.

The more of the socially liberal/fiscally conservative wing that the democrats absorb the more the GOP is utterly dependent on social conservatives. Kicking them to the curb breaks the party.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

MysteriousStranger posted:

The more of the socially liberal/fiscally conservative wing that the democrats absorb the more the GOP is utterly dependent on social conservatives. Kicking them to the curb breaks the party.

And if I put down my rabid dog I won't have a dog anymore. What, do they want to see what happens when Palin picks up this nutty rear end baton?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Intel&Sebastian posted:

And if I put down my rabid dog I won't have a dog anymore. What, do they want to see what happens when Palin picks up this nutty rear end baton?

The Democratic party is the old Republican party. Cut taxes, cut entitlements, free trade, support big business. For the Republican party to expand it would have to become more socially liberal and less economically libertarian. That isn't an option, their donors won't accept it. They have no choice but to keep doubling down until their base dies off. Their best hope is that the coming battle over polygamy will churn out their voters again.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TyrantWD posted:

He might be a Democrat by 2020 if the alt-right can successfully complete their takeover.

there's no ideological difference between them, merely disagreements over tactics

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
alt-right has more compelling memes

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

MysteriousStranger posted:

The Democratic party is the old Republican party. Cut taxes, cut entitlements, free trade, support big business. For the Republican party to expand it would have to become more socially liberal and less economically libertarian. That isn't an option, their donors won't accept it. They have no choice but to keep doubling down until their base dies off. Their best hope is that the coming battle over polygamy will churn out their voters again.

Polygamy :confused:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/04/12/utahs-polygamy-ban-restored-as-sister-wives-lawsuit-declared-moot/

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

evilweasel posted:

there's no ideological difference between them, merely disagreements over tactics

I don't think Paul Ryan's concerns are perfectly aligned with alt-righters'.

quote:

There is a sentiment among frat guys, lacrosse players and middle class affluent white kids that they are kind of getting persecuted lately," Portnoy told CBS News.
"You tell a joke it gets blown out of proportion. You gotta walk on eggshells. There's kind of that feeling, and Trump, he tells a joke and doesn't back down. He says things that would normally been frowned upon. At a school, a kid would get expelled. Not that it's right or wrong, but he's sort of defending a lot of the things they've been attacked for in the last five years or so."
"It's an F-U to society, who is telling us we are a bad guy because we like hooking up with girls on spring break," he added. "And they see Trump sticking up for that."
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/will-trump-make-the-world-safe-for-hooking-up.html

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

If anyone thought the LDS church went batshit in its interference with the Prop 8 stuff and other gay rights issues, just wait until the polygymy battle hits the mainstream and becomes a Leftist cause. For the LDS, gay rights were a political and moral issue, whereas the fight against polygamists is seen as being an existential one. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the government, which so far has benefitted from their allyship in anti-polygymy enforcement, turns on them and starts trying to legislate in favor of multiple-marriages. We've already seen non-fundamentalist LDS separatism in the Bundys, I imagine that could escalate if American culture continues to drift towards alternate-lifestyle inclusion.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Given the hit!er chat last night we missed one crucial topic.

Who would Hitler endorse???

I would say contrary to expectations that he would endorse Bernie. Between his hatred of bankers and Israel there is no one so anti-jew in the race today.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Personally I'd abort baby hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Personally I'd abort baby hitler

I would as well, but only because I lust for the death of infants regardless of their possible future-crimes.

• Locked thread