Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Grozz Nuy posted:

White Magic lucky draw should be in about a month. Crushdown Nightmare should be opening any day now, and Reraise will be the month after that and was the first one to have an associated lucky draw banner in Japan. Nightmare lucky draws work a little bit differently than the ones we've gotten in the past, any 5* drawn from that banner will not only be a relic with a unique SB, but a relic for a character with 5* proficiency in that specific skill category. So this one will be good for people who still need medicas, or just good Mind-boosting relics in general.

You're a little off. Nightmares come at the end of the month. I wouldn't expect Crush to be until at least the 23rd, so another 11 days. That's more like a month and a half until the White Mage Nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Opposing Farce posted:

I've mostly got my bases covered Soul Break-wise now (though a more powerful Medica wouldn't hurt, since right now I'm just using Trabia's Light) but I don't have much VI synergy so I'm considering throwing some mithril at one of the Relm banners. I honestly don't have much particular affection for any of the VI characters even though I played most of that game, but I wouldn't mind slotting one of them in if I got a decent relic. I'm leaning towards pulling on banner 2, but is there anything particularly notable on banner 1 aside from the SSBs that might make it worth pulling on from a "I just need synergy" perspective?

It's worth keeping in mind that FF6 has fantastic 4* armor in the Gacha. A 4++ Crystal Helm is ridiculous ([b]43![/] attack, 169 DEF, 147 RES), and both Royal Crown (34 MAG, 34 MND, 175 RES) and Red Jacket (169 DEF, 169 RES) are quite powerful as well. As a result, you'll eventually have amazing FF6 armor synergy, so it's a bit less valuable as a realm than some others.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Need opinions because I still can't figure out a great A-Team after pulling Divine Guardian and Wutai Headband for my 450+ Mythril between SSBFest and FFT.

Garnet has always been my White Mage but seeing as how Divine Guardian doesn't require a MND loadout, thinking of moving her to a more traditional Summoner loadout. I have Valefor R3. Everyone here sounds like they switched to Maduin to get away from the Wind Orb bottleneck. Should I shatter Valefor and move this way too? If I did, what should I give Garnet for the second slot?

Moving Garnet frees up a White Mage slot for Vanille with Oerba's Boon and I can give her Curaja/Diaga and be done.

Squall is slotted in as the physical damage dealer with Blasting Zone.

I have Terra's Enhancer so she's been a staple since the beginning but is there any character that pairs 4* Black Magic with 5* Support so I could work Full Break in somewhere since Yuffie can't carry it?

Basically, my only absolutes right now are:

Squall
Yuffie
Garnet

How do I fill the other two slots best?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

IllegallySober posted:

Need opinions because I still can't figure out a great A-Team after pulling Divine Guardian and Wutai Headband for my 450+ Mythril between SSBFest and FFT.

Garnet has always been my White Mage but seeing as how Divine Guardian doesn't require a MND loadout, thinking of moving her to a more traditional Summoner loadout. I have Valefor R3. Everyone here sounds like they switched to Maduin to get away from the Wind Orb bottleneck. Should I shatter Valefor and move this way too? If I did, what should I give Garnet for the second slot?

Squall
Yuffie
Garnet

With Heavy Regen and Yuffie's Medica, you probably don't need a dedicated healer. Knowing what I do, I would probably do something like this:

Squall - Lifesiphon / whatever
Garnet - Curaja / Diaga
Yuffie - Thieves' Revenge / choice
Paladin - Saint's Cross / (Protectga or Shellga)
Support - Breakdown / Full Break

Questions: do you own any support SBs at all, or any 30% Boostgas? Both of those are good enough to seriously consider running in your team.

Niton fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 12, 2016

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!
Well, the Relm banner looked pretty good to me and upon review I don't really need to be saving for any banners in the near future, so I decided to give it an 11 pull and got skunked again.

So I thought "gently caress it!" and did a 3 pull on FFT again. Two 5*s!

My second Spellbinder and my THIRD Kaiser Shield.

...I mean, thanks? It's certainly a good draw but I'm getting the feeling the game doesn't want me to have any of the other FFT equipment. I'm pretty sure I'm at 81 pulls on the banner and I've only gotten 2 of the character items. Also haven't picked up a single off-banner 5* on it, so that's something.

Still on the upside I now have a 114 ATK weapon that anyone can equip, and I may at some point turn the shields into a 7* just to give Lightning a bit more durability as she tosses out overchared lightning SSBs. Woulda been nice to pick up something off of the FF6 banner but I'm in a really good place loadout-wise so I can't really complain.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

ApplesandOranges posted:

Banner 1's relics are decent overall, most of them are just stapled onto some characters that are a bit suboptimal. Celes and Edgar are probably the only ones of the lot that's above average, and if you want a relic for Celes you're better off pulling on Banner 2. Still, Portrait of Lakshimi is VI's only Medica and a strong healing SB otherwise.
Celes got Knight 5 on JP recently so she's good now and will be real good for us later. Relm is a good healer, though flexibility and stats matter the least for healers generally speaking. Her SSB is fantastic as you mentioned so it's nice that it's on a good character at least.

IllegallySober posted:

I feel like sticking with Garnet as your healer is a good idea. MND helps with Haste and Regen duration I believe. Vanille+Oerba's Boon is good but not necessary. Ramza works as support of course and he can use the Enhancer for Ninja spells if you want. I'm guessing you're RWing Wall mainly rather than Shout so Ramza's default SB is still useful. Terra can go in the last slot still but with a better MAG weapon than Enhancer, if you have one. e: I like the Paladin idea above too

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Niton posted:

With Heavy Regen and Yuffie's Medica, you probably don't need a dedicated healer. Knowing what I do, I would probably do something like this:

Yeah, I've tried going without a dedicated healer a few times now and it's worked out OK. It's more risky in high-difficulty dungeon elites, when you have about 12 waves of really hard-hitting trash to get through before the boss, though.

IllegallySober posted:

Moving Garnet frees up a White Mage slot for Vanille with Oerba's Boon and I can give her Curaja/Diaga and be done.

I have Terra's Enhancer so she's been a staple since the beginning but is there any character that pairs 4* Black Magic with 5* Support so I could work Full Break in somewhere since Yuffie can't carry it?

Squall
Yuffie
Garnet

I do think it's important to keep Protectga and/or Shellga around, though- Garnet's SB only gives 50% RES, which is not as good as Shellga and I'd say isn't enough as your sole source of magic mitigation. I believe Red XIII (and Tyro) are the only characters with Black 4* and 5* support. But it's hard to get much use out of his black skill without having one of his magic-oriented pins.

Edit: forgot to address the summons thing. I've been stuck trying to decide what to do with my R4 Valefor. I want a good R5 summon, but taking Valefor to R5 takes SO many Wind orbs, but it also feels so wasteful to break it down and this point and make a R5 Maduin. I guess that would be a slightly better option when Valefor is still at R3. I'd say you want at least 8 casts, and hopefully both of 4* summons. Something like Maduin and Alexander.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 12, 2016

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Schwartzcough posted:

Yeah, I've tried going without a dedicated healer a few times now and it's worked out OK. It's more risky in high-difficulty dungeon elites, when you have about 12 waves of really hard-hitting trash to get through before the boss, though.

For all my spotty luck, i'm really glad the one Medica i've ever been able to pull was Rosa's Elven Bow. Being able to suit Tyro up with Curaja and an offensive ability as my "WHM" has been a godsend.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Seeing as I am far from enough wind orbs to hone saint's cross, I'm considering exchanging a major holy so I can upgrade alexander to r3. I have 23 majors right now, so really it shouldn't be an issue.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
With the gear and abilities I have now I can actually finish the level 30 daily dungeon, as long as I use a Mythril to heal up after the second battle and have some sort of support with Sentinel's Grimoire or Mighty Guard, can't master it yet though.

Also I got 400 Gil for someone summoning my RW twice, I knew putting up Hail of Stones Ramza would pay off. :v:

I made an ability called Draw Fire that I've seen people mention more than a couple of times in this thread and put it on Ramza so hopefully that will help my party even more in terms of survivability, but back to doing the Core dungeons for now, 52 Stamina gets eaten through pretty quickly.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

IllegallySober posted:

Squall
Yuffie
Garnet

Who else do you have SBs for? That's probably the best way to determine who to bring.

My typical party is 3 damage dealers, support and healer. You have healing via two damage dealers, so you could probably get away with another black Mage (like terra) and a support (whomever you have relics for, ramza is probably the best otherwise)

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

With the gear and abilities I have now I can actually finish the level 30 daily dungeon, as long as I use a Mythril to heal up after the second battle

Don't do this, mythril is way too valuable to spend on dailies like this.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

With the gear and abilities I have now I can actually finish the level 30 daily dungeon, as long as I use a Mythril to heal up after the second battle and have some sort of support with Sentinel's Grimoire or Mighty Guard, can't master it yet though.

Also I got 400 Gil for someone summoning my RW twice, I knew putting up Hail of Stones Ramza would pay off. :v:

I made an ability called Draw Fire that I've seen people mention more than a couple of times in this thread and put it on Ramza so hopefully that will help my party even more in terms of survivability, but back to doing the Core dungeons for now, 52 Stamina gets eaten through pretty quickly.

Prooobably not worth spending mythril just to complete a daily dungeon. Granted, it will get you some rewards before all the dailies are reset on Wednesday night, but after the reset definitely do not spend mythril to complete dailies. They'll be there waiting for you when you get stronger.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

IllegallySober posted:

Squall
Yuffie
Garnet

Neat-o, we have a ton of mutual SSBs and SBs, good to know for discussing setups and mutually benefiting from trial and error!

I have neither a Wall nor Shout so I'm always tinkering with my setups, with the current "default" one being (Squall or Lightning) / Ramza / Agrias / Aerith / Garnet / RW: Wall.

My list of "A-Team" contenders includes:

Physical Damage
Squall - Blasting Zone
Lightning - Crushing Blow / Blaze Rush
Ramza - Hall of Stones
Steiner - Sword Art Stock Break

Magical Damage
Rinoa - Wishing Star / Angel Wing Bolt
Lulu - Firaga Fury

DPS (plus other effects)
Garnet - Divine Guardian
Aerith - Planet Protector
Galuf - Fist of the Dawn
Sazh - Boon
Kain - Gungnir
Fran - Whip Kick

Mitigation (plus other effects)
Agrias - Cleansing Strike
Garnet - Divine Guardian
Ramza - Tailwind
Aerith - Dragon Force
Vanille - Oerba's Boon
Sazh - Boon

Healing (plus other effects)
Garnet - Divine Guardian
Ramza - Tailwind
Yuffie - Clear Tranquil
Vanille - Oerba's Boon
Selphie - Trabia's Light

KingReploid
Jan 18, 2013

"X" possesses great risks as well as great possibilities.
Got a couple SSBs from the fest (golbez, edgar) now I just need to wait for more hero souls to get shelled out. My Black Materia pull has carried me pretty far and now that it's my RW folks have been generating a lil bit of gil on the side for me.

Should I stick with 3 dps a WM and BM? I'm just running realms and getting my stamina up, wondering if should I just keep running events for the amazing exp and level up my neglected characters instead.

I'm running Seph/Cloud/Cyan/Vivi/Yuna right now and have mem crystals for everyone aside from vivi, and I'd eventually want to swap cyan for edgar and vivi for golbez because of their SSBs.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I did one last 11 pull for FFT and came up 0/11. Whatevs I may do a cult of 3 but I'd only be pulling for the sword and we all know that is a terrible idea.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Banner 1's relics are decent overall, most of them are just stapled onto some characters that are a bit suboptimal. Celes and Edgar are probably the only ones of the lot that's above average, and if you want a relic for Celes you're better off pulling on Banner 2. Still, Portrait of Lakshimi is VI's only Medica and a strong healing SB otherwise.

Relm is fine as a character, there's just no particular reason to use her over any other character with White 5 unless you pull Chocobo Brush.

Zurai posted:

You're a little off. Nightmares come at the end of the month. I wouldn't expect Crush to be until at least the 23rd, so another 11 days. That's more like a month and a half until the White Mage Nightmare.

Whoops, for some reason I thought Ultima Nightmare had started a little earlier than that. I haven't heard about any old-school style Lucky Draws happening in Japan since the Nightmare lucky banners started, have they just been completely replaced in JP?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

KingReploid posted:

Got a couple SSBs from the fest (golbez, edgar) now I just need to wait for more hero souls to get shelled out. My Black Materia pull has carried me pretty far and now that it's my RW folks have been generating a lil bit of gil on the side for me.

Should I stick with 3 dps a WM and BM? I'm just running realms and getting my stamina up, wondering if should I just keep running events for the amazing exp and level up my neglected characters instead.

I'm running Seph/Cloud/Cyan/Vivi/Yuna right now and have mem crystals for everyone aside from vivi, and I'd eventually want to swap cyan for edgar and vivi for golbez because of their SSBs.
Terminology correction: You pulled Unique Soul Breaks rather than Super SBs. SSBs are stronger and add stats to the character when mastered.

That kind of party setup is fine and is what I used for the better part of the first year of playing. Eventually you'll want to change out Cyan for someone that has 4-star Support ability access so that you can use the Breakdown skills.

MarcusSA posted:

I did one last 11 pull for FFT and came up 0/11. Whatevs I may do a cult of 3 but I'd only be pulling for the sword and we all know that is a terrible idea.
It's a wonderful idea

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Since we're getting an influx of mythril starting tomorrow I decided to toss one more cult pull at FFT to chase the shield, didn't get it but now I have a 6*+ Armlet so I guess that's nice.

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.

IcePhoenix posted:

Since we're getting an influx of mythril starting tomorrow I decided to toss one more cult pull at FFT to chase the shield, didn't get it but now I have a 6*+ Armlet so I guess that's nice.

I've decided that I am going to wait for different banner after going 0/82 on that one.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

IcePhoenix posted:

The only item I could/would chase at this point is the grand armor and while I would love to have it... I think I can wait instead of banking on the chances of seeing the one item you need/can use.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are any of the 6* skills worth crafting?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

Whoops, for some reason I thought Ultima Nightmare had started a little earlier than that. I haven't heard about any old-school style Lucky Draws happening in Japan since the Nightmare lucky banners started, have they just been completely replaced in JP?

Just the monthly Nightmare draws.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Are any of the 6* skills worth crafting?

Several. Northern Cross (Celerity 6), Meltdown (Black Magic 6), Mug Courage (Thief 6), Snowstorm Strike (Spellblade 6), and even arguably Swift End (Ninja 6) and Lifebane (Monk 6).

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, once again I have managed to accidentally do a bunch of Elite Realm Dungeons just before an event that has them starts up. Nice easy versions of some jerks.

Also going through the early ones got me a nice bunch of RMs. Had a drought of those recently, nice to knock a few off the list.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
100 gem pull got me that generic bow from XIV.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got 0 new RMs as I went through the early stages. Give me your drat whatever thing, Firion, you're already level 66. Bringing back bad memories of Leon's...

Ketsuo
Jul 17, 2003
Caution to avoid damaging game info saved, hold in reset button as you turn power off.

Beasteh posted:

Yuna, Garnet and Ramza, use one of the girls as a summoner.

The only bad thing about that is I never dropped many orbs for summons. I made Alexander for this last ultimate but never made Maduin or Valefor. I do however have a handful of thief/monk SBs, and cloud's BSSB, so I run a lot of physical lately.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Samba De Amigo posted:

The only item I could/would chase at this point is the grand armor and while I would love to have it... I think I can wait instead of banking on the chances of seeing the one item you need/can use.

I've had better luck than most and also even if I didn't get the shield I was ok with getting basically any other 5* on the banner (even duplicates of ones I already had), so I chased it a bit. I can still do a pull on Relm 2 and should easily have enough to do an 11 (or maybe 2) on Bacsh 1.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Silly question time. Thief's Revenge is based on Speed for number of hits, but does anything affect Speed besides the character's level and realm synergy? There hasn't been some weapon or armor than affects the Speed stat right, and Hastega affects the ATB directly rather than manipulating the Speed value?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Woo cleaned out all the classic dungeons for the Relm event. The level 35 dungeon was actually pretty simple with all the VI members with the appropriate gear and Ramza for good measure, Holy Dragon didn't last long after a Hail of Stones and an Orthros. I dunno if I can handle the Elite Dungeons though.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Burst Mode gives a +10% buff to Speed. It is currently the only Speed buff in the game, and Speed is the only stat in the game you can't get from gear.

KingReploid
Jan 18, 2013

iPodschun posted:

Terminology correction: You pulled Unique Soul Breaks rather than Super SBs. SSBs are stronger and add stats to the character when mastered.

That kind of party setup is fine and is what I used for the better part of the first year of playing. Eventually you'll want to change out Cyan for someone that has 4-star Support ability access so that you can use the Breakdown skills.
It's a wonderful idea

My mistake, the Black Materia one I pulled for Seph is an SSB then. Would Ramza be an OK choice? I pulled his bracer from the FFT banner, and already have his mem crystal 1.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Zurai posted:

Burst Mode gives a +10% buff to Speed. It is currently the only Speed buff in the game, and Speed is the only stat in the game you can't get from gear.

This in particular is important to note because it's what allows Vaan to reach 5 hits of Thief's Revenge outside of XII realms.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

KingReploid posted:

My mistake, the Black Materia one I pulled for Seph is an SSB then. Would Ramza be an OK choice? I pulled his bracer from the FFT banner, and already have his mem crystal 1.

Ramza is a great choice. He's very good even without any of his specific relics. Having a relic of his just makes him even better.

KingReploid
Jan 18, 2013

Great White Hope posted:

Ramza is a great choice. He's very good even without any of his specific relics. Having a relic of his just makes him even better.

Time to feed him all my eggs and put him on my A-Team. Thanks!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Another cult-of-three on tactics...another 3 4*s...gently caress this banner...gently caress it to hell and back.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Finally got Moon's Grace II RM to drop now that I'm at the point where I'm not in the least bit ability/hone starved.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Finally got Moon's Grace II RM to drop now that I'm at the point where I'm not in the least bit ability/hone starved.

I still use that and BM RM2 all the time if I'm running a mage team through dungeons. Probably not strictly necessary, but it's nice being able to get to the boss with most of your your strength still ready to go.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Schwartzcough posted:

I still use that and BM RM2 all the time if I'm running a mage team through dungeons. Probably not strictly necessary, but it's nice being able to get to the boss with most of your your strength still ready to go.

I think the only times I really needed those RMs were for realms that I didn't have great physical synergy for, or the trash was harder to kill (read: FFIV). I guess currently they are useful for farming certain stages of daily dungeons for specific orbs repeatedly, but with Gyshal Greens that will become obsolete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yay I was able to get Shadow's MC! :woop:

Guess I'll try for Agrias, it can't hurt, I don't have enough stamina to try the next Core dungeon anyway (42 is quite a lot).

• Locked thread