Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Harrow posted:

Those Corvians in the Road of Sacrifices do not gently caress around.

they see you and are like normies GET OUT! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

unrelated the deathsounds of the common monsters in undead settlement are a little too real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Popelmon posted:

So Dark Souls 3 has turned into Sniper Elite 3 for me. I just snipe everyone with my trusty longbow, melee combat is for peasants (and bosses). It helps that the pathing AI is complete garbage and enemies will just run around in circles if you are in the right spot.

you have no honour

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Zaphod42 posted:

No poo poo? Its deprived :v:

Seriously all these goons picking deprived for their very first run of a new souls game and then getting absolutely wrecked is hilarious. Get over your pride and pick a normal starting class, sheesh. You can do deprived on your second character if you really wanna sperg about min/maxing your stats. Most people played DS1 as something else before they went deprived.

In my fifth souls game I learned that a knight just conveniently doesn't get hit by the first boss, sheesh!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Popelmon posted:

So Dark Souls 3 has turned into Sniper Elite 3 for me. I just snipe everyone with my trusty longbow, melee combat is for peasants (and bosses). It helps that the pathing AI is complete garbage and enemies will just run around in circles if you are in the right spot.

Sounds really fun.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'm glad to not lose max HP after dying now, but man it was pretty cool seeing your character get progressively more hosed up and rotted as it happened. Wish that was back somehow.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
It makes me very, very nervous when a crab the size of a Volkswagen burrows and doesn't resurface. :ohdear:

Sven
Oct 4, 2005
Started playing last night, what a blast! Killed the tutorial boss first go, made it to Firelink then promptly got my rear end handed to me by Hanzo dude. Went back and baited his lunge move to send him spiralling off the cliff.

Game rules.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So I went back to Firelink to fight the Master and he was already dead and his drops just sitting where he is supposed to spawn. Easiest tough enemy I've ever fought.

The door outside was also blocked by a fog gate for like 10 full seconds after I spawned. Was that a bad loading thing or something?

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
The Master?

The Master of getting poked off a cliff like a lil' bitch :hist101:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The fungus guys in Faron Keep are surprisingly prevalent. At least I think their face is a fungus?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Time to print some healing!

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Liver Disaster posted:

In my fifth souls game I learned that a knight just conveniently doesn't get hit by the first boss, sheesh!

There shouldn't be any difference between the classes in terms of how the boss hits them. Knight should be harder to dodge with if anything due to the armor. Deprived will just have way less HP, stamina and damage.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Cinara posted:

There shouldn't be any difference between the classes in terms of how the boss hits them. Knight should be harder to dodge with if anything due to the armor. Deprived will just have way less HP, stamina and damage.

Surprised me too, yeah.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

After the second boss I found three bonfires in approximately 90 seconds. Slightly excessive.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

I've finished exploring the undead settlement and kill the tree dude, my only path is below the tower, right? I can't figure out how to kill the fast frost knight there :( there's like zero open window where I can hit him between his super quick attacks and he doesn't get staggered!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is anyone else getting hosed up co-op on PC In other worlds players and enemies just slide around in a neutral position, totally harmless. This has happened in both of the two times I've been summoned.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Is anyone else getting hosed up co-op on PC In other worlds players and enemies just slide around in a neutral position, totally harmless. This has happened in both of the two times I've been summoned.

Yea I've seen that once, other times have been fine though

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

homeless poster posted:

sorry hitler ruined your night?

this is NOT classy

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Okay, the (mini-boss) drake/dragon/firebreathing catamite in High Wall of Lothric, is there a melee way to kill it or is loading up on arrows the only way of dealing with that rear end in a top hat?

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

Chard posted:

I'm glad to not lose max HP after dying now, but man it was pretty cool seeing your character get progressively more hosed up and rotted as it happened. Wish that was back somehow.

You're in luck! ...It shouldn't be too hard to figure out though. (It is a pain to reverse anyways)

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool
Finally hit a boss that's throwing up a wall for me: The Dual Weilding Pontiff guy. So fast, and I can't find many openings, and then P2 starts and it's just over. :darksouls:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Cinara posted:

At most it will only be 1-6 stat point difference. in the 10-20 range thats 30 hp per level and like 1-2 more dmg per swing. The knight and if the others have high weight will be a lovely roll or even the dreaded fat roll.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waverhouse posted:

Has anyone done research on bleed numbers in ds3? How much damage, does it have a dot, is the stamina debut still in? Sorry if this has been asked before.

I think two days after release might be a bit early for hard numbers

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
My Amazon pre-order from several months ago isn't scheduled to arrive until tomorrow :argh:. There's seriously no online retailers I can trust anymore. Like now more than ever with digital releases being midnight or earlier it's some serious bullshit not to get a game on release day. I'm just going to start going digital or going to my local Gamestop from now on.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Things I'm liking so far:
-Weird boss design (except for Crystal Sage bugging out once)
-Most if not all of the shopkeepers will show up in Firelink, and so you're gated primarily by finding relevant items
-Interconnectedness of early areas
-Being able to CHARGE HEAVY ATTACKS

Things I'm not liking:
-Still haven't reached the point where I can outright buy shards, though maybe I missed something
-The combat is slower than what I was used to with DS2, let alone Bloodborne
-Early Farron Keep is strictly worse than loving Blighttown :shrek:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

I think two days after release might be a bit early for hard numbers

But 3 weeks and 2 days isn't too early

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Daynab posted:

I've finished exploring the undead settlement and kill the tree dude, my only path is below the tower, right? I can't figure out how to kill the fast frost knight there :( there's like zero open window where I can hit him between his super quick attacks and he doesn't get staggered!

Just open the door and run out, he can't hit you during the animation

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zombies' Downfall posted:

this is NOT classy

hitler was a lot classier than you, have you seen what he wore?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

NGDBSS posted:

-Early Farron Keep is strictly worse than loving Blighttown :shrek:

The only thing that sucked about blighttown was the lag though. That place was super easy.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

This has happened three times in a row and the temporary ghosts of other players do this too. Wtfff

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I was having a bit of fun summoning people for dancer and one guy showed up invisible and never took any damage, but did damage to her. :v: I managed to get killed anyway because I was an idiot instead of just letting him solo her for me.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

For some reason those blood witch people in the Undead Settlement are among the most unnerving enemies in this series to me

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've had a few invasions where the host lagged a ridiculous amount. If there are dedicated servers I'm sure as hell not noticing them cause it feels just like other Souls games; a total crapshoot when it comes to how laggy a given session will be.

I think I should probably actually progress instead of loving around in invasions though. My build doesn't seem terribly good for 3v1 fighting anyways.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a list of NPC summon signs floating around? I'd like to know when/where to blow an ember so I don't miss them.

More broadly, is there a guide to missable stuff floating around that isn't incredibly spoily? For example, killing the curse-rotted tree miniboss in the settlement will lock you out of the mound-makers covenant for most of the game unless you've already joined.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I died to Vordt about 5 times earlier, and I decided to summon someone to help.

He promptly left as soon as I stepped through the fog gate, and I ended up beating the buffed Vordt by myself. Go figure.

nominal
Oct 13, 2007

I've never tried dried apples.
What are they?
Pork Pro
The second loop from the loving Cleansing Chapel. gently caress gently caress fuckitty loving gently caress that gang of those little loving midget fuckers. And then a bunch of scissor bitches? gently caress. :darksouls:

But yeah, other than that, I'm really enjoying this game!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Apparently this floating T-pose bug is a common thing. None of you guys have experienced it with regularity?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Frankston posted:

I died to Vordt about 5 times earlier, and I decided to summon someone to help.

He promptly left as soon as I stepped through the fog gate, and I ended up beating the buffed Vordt. Go figure.

Sometimes there's also a bug where friendly phantoms pressing A to enter the fog gate doesn't work. :v:

It's very sad when there are two sunbros standing at the fog gate emoting at each other watching the host die.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
What the hell is the logic behind fall damage? I'm on the high wall of lothric and if I go to the platform where the lazy crossbow sniper is and go down form there it's 5050 if I take damage or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Daynab posted:

Put him on the elevator. Every Souls game I try to get things on an elevator, usually they fall off and into the hole and die. It works for that guy, too!