Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Edmond Dantes posted:

You can try Chip's METAL GEAR REVENGEANCE if you liked the DMC ones.

Also mkob has been sodomizing God Hand. He's stupid good at the game.

Seconding mkob's God Hand, it's a thing of beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

His style is impetuous, and his defenses are impregnable. He's Alexander the Great.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Edmond Dantes posted:

You can try Chip's METAL GEAR REVENGEANCE if you liked the DMC ones.

Also mkob has been sodomizing God Hand. He's stupid good at the game.

I would say the God Hand playthrough is definitely a must watch. He plays through it in an interesting way too, instead of using the same cheese strats over and over.

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
The only LPs I've ever watched are pokecapn's and now I've exhausted them all. Who should I check out next? Anything on the level of his Sonic '06 LP? I like the humorous group commentary.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dr. Fetus posted:

I would say the God Hand playthrough is definitely a must watch. He plays through it in an interesting way too, instead of using the same cheese strats over and over.

It's also finished! Just today.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

queertea posted:

The only LPs I've ever watched are pokecapn's and now I've exhausted them all. Who should I check out next? Anything on the level of his Sonic '06 LP? I like the humorous group commentary.

Freelance Astronauts are right up your alley.

Posted Said
May 28, 2015

queertea posted:

Anything on the level of his Sonic '06 LP? I like the humorous group commentary.

Slowbeef and Diabeetus did a great Sonic 06 playthrough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fED2EeaTVCM

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

If you're recommending Sonic '06 LPs, you really owe it to yourself to check out MasRafTer's game-breaking run of the game, featuring tons of glitches and expert runs through the levels.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Sonic 06 is one of those special games where every playthrough finds a different set of failures in programming.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
"IT COULD BE LIKE THAT"
That was amazing, thanks for the link.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

queertea posted:

That's pretty much all of TheStrawhatNO's material.

I'd say flip a coin between Sleeping Dogs and The Last of Us uncut because they're both excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuhyyy6nra7WB2OQwvMEFeY8EJ9tRrdZ5

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuhyyy6nra7VlX7SfqEsUEQgsmGlrdU-P

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sorry to doublepost but can anyone recommend a decent Borderlands 2 or Dragons Crown LP?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Are there any good Jagged Alliance 2 LPs? Preferably the 1.13 community update, I don't really care if it's screenshot or video, or off-forum or anything. Thanks in advance.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

steinrokkan posted:

Are there any good Jagged Alliance 2 LPs?

Most definitely not what you are looking for, but I've always loved this video of a dude beating the game in 6:44.

There's also a screenshot LP by Karach which, at a glance, appears to have been written as an Ayn Rand-themed erotic thriller?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

xoFcitcrA posted:

Ayn Rand-themed erotic thriller?

What the gently caress are these words doing together

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

HenryEx posted:

What the gently caress are these words doing together

Not sure, haven't read past the second update.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

does anybody know what happened to the Breakdown LP or if it's still available somewhere? i never got around to finishing it and the video links/archive page don't work.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

dogsicle posted:

does anybody know what happened to the Breakdown LP or if it's still available somewhere? i never got around to finishing it and the video links/archive page don't work.
Sadly from what I recall gatz wasn't too happy with it and he deleted it; which was really sad cause that was a great LP of a bizarre game.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
The first half is one of the best LPs I've ever read, especially if you've heard the characters' voices before (or at least Biff's), though it gets bogged down in soap opera drama in the latter parts.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Niggurath posted:

Sadly from what I recall gatz wasn't too happy with it and he deleted it; which was really sad cause that was a great LP of a bizarre game.

bummer, it was an interesting game. found a youtube LP of it, so i'll try my luck with that. thanks

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I've been on a Zelda kick lately. Is there a decent LP of Spirit Tracks around somewhere?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

steinrokkan posted:

Are there any good Jagged Alliance 2 LPs? Preferably the 1.13 community update, I don't really care if it's screenshot or video, or off-forum or anything. Thanks in advance.

There was a pretty good one that had the Burn Notice cast, but it wasn't finished, and I think lapsed to archives

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

bunnyofdoom posted:

There was a pretty good one that had the Burn Notice cast, but it wasn't finished, and I think lapsed to archives

It is not in the archives, have a link.

Burn Notice: A Jagged Alliance. Let's play Jagged Alliance 2!

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen

might be wrong posted:

Any video lps of funny people playing bad games? Or just any really funny lps in general?

I really like stuff like C&I, retsupurae, and men drinking coffee, and someone recommended Vicas's Mario 64 lp and that was pretty good too. Any ideas? People keep posting about Saints Row 2 but that one doesn't really do it for me.

A little late, but ChorpSaway's Drake of the 99 Dragons lp is one of my favorite things to come out of this forum. Be sure to watch both the uncut and cut versions :v:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

This is better than it has any right to be :stare:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What are some LPs where at least one of the LPers hates what they're doing? Not hating the game they're doing or an exaggerated "OH WHY AM I DOING THIS," but a LP where a person clearly doesn't want to be there and has open disdain for what they're doing?

I personally love when Lowtax appeared in a couple of Khad's videos in one of his LP's (one and two) and completely mocks him at every opportunity.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 39 minutes!

steinrokkan posted:

This is better than it has any right to be :stare:

Karach was pretty obviously having a lot of fun with the retarded premise he had with the game, so even though it's objectively bad it never really becomes unreadable.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mega64 posted:

What are some LPs where at least one of the LPers hates what they're doing? Not hating the game they're doing or an exaggerated "OH WHY AM I DOING THIS," but a LP where a person clearly doesn't want to be there and has open disdain for what they're doing?

I personally love when Lowtax appeared in a couple of Khad's videos in one of his LP's (one and two) and completely mocks him at every opportunity.

Clownbirth's legendary Peggle LP is similar to those Khad videos, in that everybody in it hates the OP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuL3IRBlxwo

More conventionally, Psychedelic Eyeball and his guests absolutely loathed the AVGN game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39vW31A4xRc

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Have you seen the Bubsy LP by CJacobs in the casual LP thread? He lost a bet or something, and in the LP you can hear how he suffers more and more as time goes on.
Here's a link to the first post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750711&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post454036736

MassRafTer's Superman 64 LP went basically in the same direction. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3688694

In both cases it's because the game's objectively bad, though.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Bubsy was because he all but toxxed himself saying "if someone buys me Bubsy, I will LP it" knowing that I had $20 lying around in my Steam wallet. I'm not sure what he expected, really.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It was a public service, really.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Artix posted:

Bubsy was because he all but toxxed himself saying "if someone buys me Bubsy, I will LP it" knowing that I had $20 lying around in my Steam wallet. I'm not sure what he expected, really.

I got exactly what I expected!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

I got exactly what I expected!

Bubsy is the highest point of your LPing career.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
I like puzzles. I really enjoyed the Puzzle Agent LP and recently enjoyed the Talos Principle LP, but after those 2 I can't ever recall watching any good puzzle LPs. Any more great puzzle game LPs? Preferably completionist with the LPer knowing their poo poo, but i'm not too fussy.

Powerfrog fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 16, 2016

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Powerfrog posted:

I like puzzles. I really enjoyed the Puzzle Agent LP and recently enjoyed the Talos Principle LP, but after those 2 I can't ever recall watching any good puzzle LPs. Any more great puzzle game LPs? Preferably completionist with the LPer knowing their poo poo, but i'm not too fussy.
I thought the Fez LP was pretty great for puzzle solving: http://lparchive.org/Fez/

VVVVV
I felt that the game did a good combination of giving you a simple platforming premise with a unique gimmick and hiding a plethora of puzzles behind the scenes, and intertwining it all into a good puzzle game.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 17, 2016

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Keep in mind about 65% of that LP was exploration, not strict puzzle-solving.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Powerfrog posted:

I like puzzles.

It's not pro strats, but I've been very enjoying SuperGreatFriend's blind run of The Witness. He's not too bad at it, and more importantly he's pretty entertaining while staying low-key and concentrating on the game.

ALSO, since it gets brought up in every iteration of this thread, I just rewatched a bunch of Xoxak who is awesome. He's a hardcore shmup player who did a bunch of shmup reviews about 7 years ago and has tired sarcasm on lockdown (imo). He's got the PRO REVIEWS, the TRIBUTES, and the time he made my favorite retsupurae ever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mega64 posted:

JordanKai LPed Shadow the Hedgehog.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNrBuwHDZYCW1jjc2iq8j4miWCa6Apt3w

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

just a little background on this, i did a charity stream a while ago and jordan dared himself to lp shadow the hedgehog once we reached a certain amount. like the day after we were done he told me entirely how much he regretted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

xoFcitcrA posted:

It's not pro strats, but I've been very enjoying SuperGreatFriend's blind run of The Witness. He's not too bad at it, and more importantly he's pretty entertaining while staying low-key and concentrating on the game.

We've also got a blind Witness run going on in this forum if you're interested.