Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Swapping to MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE and adaptive v-sync on the nvidia control panel solved my heating problems. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I want to love the scythe from the harpies, but it's so sloooooow. :saddowns:

Dicking around with it while waiting for Vordt summons I have some difficulty with the hollow spearmen, never mind the knights.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My game instantly crashes at the first bonfire :(

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Jesus Christ this game is unforgiving. I have a halberd and I feel like it's a long sword at best

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
*in extremely Dragon's Dogma pawn voice*

Fire works well on beasts, Arisen!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Also, where can I buy miracles? I started as Deprived and am going an ATT/VIT/END/STR/FTH build but haven't been able to find a vendor that sells any vendors through the Undead Settlement yet.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

a shameful boehner posted:

*in extremely Dragon's Dogma pawn voice*

Fire works well on beasts, Arisen!

Wolves hunt in packs!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Equip load is pretty seriously restrictive this time around if you're using any large weapon, isn't it? I really want to wear some cool-looking armor like the Fallen Knight set and wield a curved greatsword, but even at 20 Vit that takes me to 75% equip load on its own.

I wish they'd just wrapped equip load back into Endurance.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Is there a list somewhere of "stuff you may have missed in that last area you just left?"

I get obsessed about my potential to miss the handful of absolutely ridiculous semi-secret areas that I know I'd never find without a heads-up.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Also, where can I buy miracles? I started as Deprived and am going an ATT/VIT/END/STR/FTH build but haven't been able to find a vendor that sells any vendors through the Undead Settlement yet.

You have to find a particular NPC. Maybe look around the Undead Settlement portion that leads to the church..

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

If you want to be a caster, start as a caster class. The spell people don't always show up right away.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Got summoned with another dude to help a host kill the first boss. Basically with all of us chainganking him we killed him in about 30 seconds without anyone taking damange, it was nuts.

I gotta say though, I miss that little chime that charged power attacks had in Bloodborne before they struck.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

NGDBSS posted:

Things I'm liking so far:

-Interconnectedness of early areas

Umm. Yeah I definitely hosed up. I was thinking the game is very linear so far? Is that why I'm stuck?
Start->Firelink->Lothric->Undead Settlement->Road of Sacrifices->Farron->Catacombs->Irithyll but I dont have the doll. What do?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Also, is there a list of excuses used to call in late to work? I blamed my wife today, but worried about tomorrow now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i will play this in one hour

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Cobalt60 posted:

Also, is there a list of excuses used to call in late to work? I blamed my wife today, but worried about tomorrow now.

Just say your wife is in the hospital.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Your dog just died and ate your homework alarm clock.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Songbearer posted:

Time to print some healing!

This seems to be resonating with the people

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Does the blue-caped knight in the area with the Way of Blue Covenant-Giver drop anything special? I just got killed on a lucky shot from his stupid buffed sword.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

RBA Starblade posted:

Wolves hunt in packs!

Wolf knights*

codo27 posted:

Umm. Yeah I definitely hosed up. I was thinking the game is very linear so far? Is that why I'm stuck?
Start->Firelink->Lothric->Undead Settlement->Road of Sacrifices->Farron->Catacombs->Irithyll but I dont have the doll. What do?

Go back to Road of Sacrifices/nice part of the swamp to find another path.

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu

Cobalt60 posted:

Uncontrollable explosive diarrhea via food poisoning works well. Offer photographic and video evidence.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

codo27 posted:

I think they're more referring to how interconnected the levels are, not how different levels are interconnected. It is fairly linear. What you're missing is that there's another path on the Road of Sacrifices leading to its boss, and the area beyond will allow you to progress.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In the Crucifixion Woods, in the ruined fort immediately before the Crystal Sage, there's a upper level in the very final room that has a few items strewn about. Does anyone know how to access them?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Bogart posted:

Does the blue-caped knight in the area with the Way of Blue Covenant-Giver drop anything special? I just got killed on a lucky shot from his stupid buffed sword.

I dunno, but gently caress that guy. I always get him to half before he goes apeshit and kills me

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there any reason to save the souls you get from bosses? Also after beating tree guy is there any other exit besides teleporting? Oh and is the small leather shield the best for parrying?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I farmed the gently caress out of Tree Nuts today. It was fun.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Are infusion gems spent, or do you get them back when you clear out your weapon?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does deprived Katana man ever run out of stamina goddamn?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Salsa McManus posted:

Uncontrollable explosive diarrhea via food poisoning works well. Offer photographic and video evidence.

This one time I bought 10 pounds of pork chops and I tried to eat all of them over 5 days.

I got super sick. I was making GBS threads my pants when I was coughing. I was throwing up from coughing. And I was making GBS threads my pants when I was throwing up.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ufarn posted:

Are infusion gems spent, or do you get them back when you clear out your weapon?

They're spent.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm really glad soul memory is a thing of the past, I just had my first "gigantic" loss of souls

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Harrow posted:

Equip load is pretty seriously restrictive this time around if you're using any large weapon, isn't it?

I realized this early on and pumped my VIT to 16 early. Paying off now being able to quick roll with full chain, Lothric helm, knight shield, and Deep Battleaxe.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
People are reporting Nvidia GPUs getting bricked by this game? What? :stare:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
loving vordt

He's not even that hard and I keep dying to his dash attacks

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Magic so far feels pretty hosed. I thought pyromancy was supposed to be the good stuff. :/

net cafe scandal posted:

Apparently this floating T-pose bug is a common thing. None of you guys have experienced it with regularity?

Are you talking about the non-animating summons? I haven't seen a bloodstain, multiplayer bro or npc invasion yet that actually animated.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

plape tickler posted:

Is there any reason to save the souls you get from bosses? Also after beating tree guy is there any other exit besides teleporting? Oh and is the small leather shield the best for parrying?

In the previous games you could trade the boss souls for unique weapons, I imagine it's the same here.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just beat RG and I'm trying to get the red eye orb. But duder isn't standing in his normal spot is dude gone? Can I still get the orb?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

NESguerilla posted:

Does deprived Katana man ever run out of stamina goddamn?

All NPCs cheat. Just be happy it isn't Bloodborne and they dont stand there shooting you to death with unlimited ammo guns.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Popelmon posted:

So Dark Souls 3 has turned into Sniper Elite 3 for me. I just snipe everyone with my trusty longbow, melee combat is for peasants (and bosses). It helps that the pathing AI is complete garbage and enemies will just run around in circles if you are in the right spot.

i look forward to meeting you in the field of honor and making you accountable for your terrible crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

loving vordt

He's not even that hard and I keep dying to his dash attacks

Roll just as he's about to hit you. Abuse those iframes