Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

aonly question remianing on whether this is better than bloodborne or not is the weapon feel once i get somethng better than the warrior starting battleaxe, the level design is loving bonkers good so far

The look of everything is cool but the combat in BB is so much slicker. Maybe I'll get a better weapon, but I miss gun parrying and the sound it makes. Fishing for backstabs doesn't compare in the slightest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the lothric Knights shield backhand makes me feel like such a little bitch.. i get hit by it every time. this is amazing

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

in the first level there's a secret weapon that will trash the entire early game, much like the drakesword from dks1 but you have to fight something super hard for it lol

Is this the axe or is it whatever the blue knight is guarding?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I just saw that guy and all the warning messages and backed away slowly

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I just saw that guy and all the warning messages and backed away slowly

I just killed him with a parry and didn't get hit

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wtf... I wanted his swaggy blue cape.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Killed Vordt my first try :smugbird:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

im the games poster bragging about using billions of arrows and the pathfinding AI to slowly snipe every enemy in the game

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I made vordts hammer but it seems like I rely too much on being quick....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's the bar that was filling up during hat fight... Freeze? New status effect?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

What's the bar that was filling up during hat fight... Freeze? New status effect?

Yea

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

its frostbite, im not sure what it does

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Ugh so if you don't find an npc before a certain level they die and you can't get them anymore. I hate things like that.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Average Bear posted:

Ugh so if you don't find an npc before a certain level they die and you can't get them anymore. I hate things like that.

That's what Ng+ is for

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DS3 first few bosses feel like mid to late game bosses in the other souls games. I wonder how crazy it's gonna get

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ill be taking a break for now, reached the undead settlement. Seems like a good game so far, obviously, but i need to get further in and see harder/more interesting enemies i think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

DS3 first few bosses feel like mid to late game bosses in the other souls games. I wonder how crazy it's gonna get

The two i fought didnt have enough health imo.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

The two i fought didnt have enough health imo.

Iudex was very easy but comparable to other tutorial bosses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Iudex was very easy but comparable to other tutorial bosses

Yeah I guess I shouldn't count him. Ive only fought one real boss

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

iudex wasc ool for a tutorial boss, i liked vordt but hew as easy. comparable to the taurus demon or vanguard though. ive heard the third boss is ar eal motherfucker so we'll see how that goes when i get home

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ohy eah, what npc trades in boss souls, i want to see what i cn make out of bort

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i got a really cool weapon but i spent all my early points on vit and it costs way a lot to level so i wont be able to use it for a while so im sad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its just, im remembering how insanely impossible Gascoigne felt, and the struggle to kill him took forever. I think it was 7 hours before I beat a boss in Bloodborne, and you couldnt level up until you did. i felt incredibly strong after finally conquering him. in dark souls III i stood underneath another really big enemy and walked forward and killed it. underwhelming in comparison. here's looking forward to undead settlement

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

l died six times to Bort 😭

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Comparing it to other souls games makes more sense, thinking of Vordt as the Undead Burg boss, still kinda teaching you the ropes, and as tightly designed as the level is its just another castle level, same as 1-1, the burg, etc. I bet the later areas get way way cooler as they always do.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Its just, im remembering how insanely impossible Gascoigne felt, and the struggle to kill him took forever. I think it was 7 hours before I beat a boss in Bloodborne, and you couldnt level up until you did. i felt incredibly strong after finally conquering him. in dark souls III i stood underneath another really big enemy and walked forward and killed it. underwhelming in comparison. here's looking forward to undead settlement

Were lothric Knights or the katana guy challenging to you?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Were lothric Knights or the katana guy challenging to you?

kinda but once i learned that you cant circle around them because of the shield bash i figured out how to deal with them.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

katana guy was cool, he barely killed me in an epic duel nd then when i went back to kill him he immediately rolled over the side and ate poo poo lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think lothric Knights are the parry tutorial.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the first time i fought one i accidentally hit l2 by accident trying to shoot them lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I think lothric Knights are the parry tutorial.

im only 2 handing so no parrying for me

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bort reminds me of the Gorilla knight from one punch man.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Does anyone know how to unlock the door near the jail cell in the first area. It's the one place I can't seem to access

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Does anyone know how to unlock the door near the jail cell in the first area. It leads to an elevator and It's the one place I can't seem to access

edit whoops

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quote is not edit!!!!! Bitch!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That being said I dont know. I never found a key for it. There is one area i never went though, the little stairs right where the dragon is perched, that look like they lead to a landing and an entrance to the tower he is chillin on

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Does anyone know how to unlock the door near the jail cell in the first area. It's the one place I can't seem to access

In which area

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

the axe lol

also, my review of the smouldering lake: god why

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

the axe lol

also, my review of the smouldering lake: god why

You can use the trees for cover. Look where the pain is coming from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Average Bear posted:

In which area

High Wall, in the lowest level of the multi level cellar looking area that connects to the second bonfire. The door is across from the room with all the explosive barrels

• Locked thread