Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

My favorite "this is why the worldbuilding is better than in DS2" moment so far has been when I connected the dots between all those empty suits of armor missing their helmets and actual loving statues of the Lothric knights beheading themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

Except that was another weird thing.

So there were two phantoms, me and someone else. The host entered the dancer's chamber and we couldn't follow until the boss was initiated. The host also couldn't leave until he initiated. Obviously I don't know what he did in there, but maybe he had to kill the woman to trigger the boss fight? So weird

I ran a couple of rounds as a summon vs. Treenuts and it was much the same. The host had to run in and start on the pissant mobs and trigger the boss before summons could enter

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

scamtank posted:

My favorite "this is why the worldbuilding is better than in DS2" moment so far has been when I connected the dots between all those empty suits of armor missing their helmets and actual loving statues of the Lothric knights beheading themselves

Yeah I had an "oh drat" moment when I really stopped and paid attention to the statues of the knights beheading themselves.

Reminds me of bloodborne having statues to the amygdalas all over the place and you don't really realize until halfway in. Or all the bodies of people trying to run away, which is like the bodies of all the pilgrims on the bridge / near the chapel.

Cool poo poo.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I didn't get the frost sword :(

Is there another place to pick one up?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Panty Saluter posted:

I ran a couple of rounds as a summon vs. Treenuts and it was much the same. The host had to run in and start on the pissant mobs and trigger the boss before summons could enter

I got summoned to one cursed tree fight where the host went in, started the fight, and... the "major battle has started" message never showed, and me and the other phantom weren't able to enter.

Black crystaled out of there before I had to see the host get pancaked on the fog wall.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Golden Goat posted:

Surely you haven't botched your build. I'm sure when you come back you'll realize you're fine.

Alternatively:
Git good sucka.

1000 posts ago (lol) but yeah I did

I thought pyromancy would work as a supplement to melee like in ds1 and somewhat in ds2, but it functions as a dedicated caster or hex build now. I dumped the points I was wasting in melee for an extra +5 int and faith, and am relying on a wimpy fire enchanted sword, and now my fire orbs hit like a truck and am no longer struggling with anything. It seems like the obvious build options now are: pure melee dex/str, dex/int spellsword (lots of early sorcery utility/buffs, crystal weapons early), pure int sorc, str/fth cleric (good healing/utility for a slower attacker and some nice buff spells again, as well as early blessed weapons) or an int/fth pyromancer that plays more like a DS2 hexer with insanely huge, bursty and a few utility options in having access to lower sorc/miracles. If there's a way to get a chaos gem early on, a melee pyro might work, but it seems Pyro is meant as a dedicated spell build now.

I look forward to finding a chaos or dark gem so I can decide on a true melee weapon to use over this fire enchanted one, and go back to being gud.

e: oh yeah, and I forgot about luck builds, but I wouldn't know where to start aside from the hollow infusion.

Minera fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 13, 2016

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Panty Saluter posted:

Well no that's not surprising, it's always been similar in Souls games: you have to trigger the fight for your summons to enter. Same applies, for example, to Rom and jumping in the lake in Bloodborne. My specific question is if there is no way to leave the Dancer boss room after entering if you have summons short of killing the woman and starting the fight.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

Well no that's not surprising, it's always been similar in Souls games: you have to trigger the fight for your summons to enter. Same applies, for example, to Rom and jumping in the lake in Bloodborne. My specific question is if there is no way to leave the Dancer boss room after entering if you have summons short of killing the woman and starting the fight.

I guess most fights trigger on entry, never dealt with a huge delay like that before.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Digging the "This elevator takes me to places it shouldnt!" joke from Onion-Knight.

...he is making one with his comments, right? A DS2 nod?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Panty Saluter posted:

I guess most fights trigger on entry, never dealt with a huge delay like that before.

There's several fights in DeS, DS1, DS2 and BB where the phantoms can't come in until the host interacts with something or at least runs forward and engages it, usually with a cutscene.

If you're able to enter the fog wall right away its because the host has fought that enemy before so it begins as soon as they go in.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

I know it's a long shot, but does anybody have a dark sword on PC they'd be willing to give me? I've got like 60 cracked red eye orbs, and a full dark set, but I can't get the dark wraiths to drop they're sword. You could take my dark set and orbs if you want.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

"PCInvasion.com" posted:

You can insta-switch to your Estus Flask. Holding down on the D-pad (or equivalent) will instantly switch your item to the Estus Flask, which is tremendously useful if you have nine items equipped and suddenly need to heal. I believe it actually switches to the first item you have in a slot, and may also work for spells, but I can’t verify that.

Huh, I did not know this.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Jade Mage posted:

I know it's a long shot, but does anybody have a dark sword on PC they'd be willing to give me? I've got like 60 cracked red eye orbs, and a full dark set, but I can't get the dark wraiths to drop they're sword. You could take my dark set and orbs if you want.

did you try killing them with the coin buff? I thing the swamp before hand has a few rusted iron coins.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Has anyone looked to see if each class has the same number of points in skills? I remember in DS1 they did not but I think they fixed it in DS2.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Minrad posted:

did you try killing them with the coin buff? I thing the swamp before hand has a few rusted iron coins.

Nope, guess I'll try this. I now have 2 full sets of armour

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Tamayachi posted:

Huh, I did not know this.

Me either. That will be helpful

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
There's twinblades in this game, right? Approximately how far in do I need to get to find one?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Has anyone looked to see if each class has the same number of points in skills? I remember in DS1 they did not but I think they fixed it in DS2.

They are close or equal. Doesn't your computer or phone have a calculator? You can add the numbers yourself they are all in the OP.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Jade Mage posted:

Nope, guess I'll try this. I now have 2 full sets of armour

I have the sword and no immediate intention to use it

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Oh dear.. Abyss Watchers is gonna take some tries.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

f#a# posted:

I am in love with being a bluecop in Undead Settlement.

I am also in love with you being a blue cop in Undead Settlement. :3: I got like six invasions there and five got blue buddies.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

man nurse posted:

Oh dear.. Abyss Watchers is gonna take some tries.

Consider jolly co-operation.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

They have identical points adjusted for level.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

codo27 posted:

I have the sword and no immediate intention to use it

Set your summon password to "darksword" and place your sign down in the catacombs of Carthus just past the abyss walkers bonfire?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

The Rokstar posted:

There's twinblades in this game, right? Approximately how far in do I need to get to find one?

Yes, the first set can be found in Road of Sacrifices, off the beaten path. It's semi-early area. Think it's 2 bosses deep if I recall correctly?

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Apparently darksword is too long, so darkswor

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Well

The Black Knights have certainly been eating their Wheaties in the intervening time

haha the crabs are slower to move forward than they are side to side

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 13, 2016

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

The Rokstar posted:

I believe mercenary starts with them, and one can be found in the third area.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Jade Mage posted:

Apparently darksword is too long, so darkswor

Its down just at the beginning of the catacombs

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The Rokstar posted:

If you pick the class for it you start with one :v: But assuming its too late for that, there's one in the 3rd major zone, maybe another before that? (sacrifice)

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The real Dark Souls starts here.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know what to do next. I've done everything I can find in the Undead Settlement. Depressed Knight gave me a key but I forget where it goes. How do I advance the story.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So I just killed a giant tree by stabbing it in the balls...where the hell am i supposed to go now?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

plape tickler posted:

I don't know what to do next. I've done everything I can find in the Undead Settlement. Depressed Knight gave me a key but I forget where it goes. How do I advance the story.

Find the church in the Undead Settlement.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

codo27 posted:

What are the criteria for coop with friends? I cannot see your symbol anywhere

Edit: look at me, I'm an idiot hollow

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is there a map for the swamp area and surrounding castles somewhere? Place is huge and disorienting.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Where do you get the orange soulstone?

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

codo27 posted:

Seriously, thanks codo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Tenzarin posted:

Where do you get the orange soulstone?

The orange soapstone was inside you all along

(Check your menu bar, one of the options is Messages. There's no orange soapstone, just like Dark Souls 2.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

man nurse posted:

The real Dark Souls starts here.

The legend never dies