Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pffft, hover over links. I'll go into my links like I go into my sexual relationships. Blindly groping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pffft, hover over links. I'll go into my links like I go into my sexual relationships. Blindly groping.

...leading to the same level of disappointment.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is a section titled: lovely Theories my Mom is Sharing About Season 6. They have been flooding in today.

Mom posted:

OMG! Season 6 photo of Shea wearing a slave gown. I think Tyrion let go of her throat and she only fainted, saw a dead Tywin, grabbed some gold and fled.

Mom posted:

Wow! Here's an interesting theory. Gendry is Cerse's black-haired first baby boy. His story arc should have ended with Red Woman sacrificing him so Stannis, who she believes to be the reborn Azor, could have Iron Throne. BUT... TV writers are continuing his story arc. Davos puts him in a boat and tells him to row away. He's been rowing 3 tv seasons and will appear in Season 6 and recognize his mother; he remembers the long haired woman who used to sing to him . Cerse used to dress up as a tavern wench and go see her baby who was taken to safety by maestro Percell. Is that cool or what?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Your mom owns.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

ruddiger posted:

Your mom owns.

True dat.

Mom posted:

I like to believe that Tyrion lives a moral life and is not a murder. Yes he killed his father to save his own life; yes he choked his love when madness overtook him; none of this was premeditated. she escaped the ship Bronn put her on to Pentos, with lots of money for her future, she already lost her love for him when she realized he will never have children with her and would not do adultery. Her envy and hate were evident during Joffreys wedding. And yet, I hope for his sake, that she survived because I do not want his consciousness to be stained. Self condemnation is dangerous to his Soul. So I will believe she's alive because I am the one who needs that.

I don't even want to correct her...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's as good as any other theory as to where whores go.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
did the new HBO trailer get posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0ib1NErqg

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Do none of you absolute fuckers hover over a link to see the url?

I hovered, then clicked anyway, because my hope is that strong.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blind Sally posted:

did the new HBO trailer get posted?
pretty cool. the dragon at the end is predictable and stupid though. haven't they used that trick before already?

who is the guy at 2:03 getting his neck broke or wahtever? what is standing behind theon?

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Mnemosyne posted:

I hovered, then clicked anyway, because my hope is that strong.

same

In January I really thought it was coming out this April. Now I know what ASOIAF disappointment feels like.
And I only started reading after ADWD was out!

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Do none of you absolute fuckers hover over a link to see the url?

And how would you propose I hover on a phone?!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I Own Soulz posted:

Simple idiot:

:rolleyes:

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I like Tyrion and want to see him rule a city again and everything, but putting him in charge of Mereen is dumb. No one in Essos can vouch for this tiny drunk guy except for Illyrio who has nothing to do with anything at this point. Nobody in her entourage even cares if she makes it to Westeros but Jorah and he's banished, so why on earth would anyone care what the new guy has to say? Especially when he's apparently the son of the guy that betrayed her father.

And who the hell wants to rule Mereen anyway? It's in open revolt, under seige, and suffering from Daenarys-squatting-in-the grass disease. Just take the slaves with you and have them die along the way. Get the hell out of Mereen! I don't even care if she makes it to Westeros as long as we never have to spend another 900 pages dicking around in crazy backwards pyramid land!

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

MrSlam posted:

I like Tyrion and want to see him rule a city again and everything, but putting him in charge of Mereen is dumb. No one in Essos can vouch for this tiny drunk guy except for Illyrio who has nothing to do with anything at this point. Nobody in her entourage even cares if she makes it to Westeros but Jorah and he's banished, so why on earth would anyone care what the new guy has to say? Especially when he's apparently the son of the guy that betrayed her father.

And who the hell wants to rule Mereen anyway? It's in open revolt, under seige, and suffering from Daenarys-squatting-in-the grass disease. Just take the slaves with you and have them die along the way. Get the hell out of Mereen! I don't even care if she makes it to Westeros as long as we never have to spend another 900 pages dicking around in crazy backwards pyramid land!

I hope the show givest Tyrion the Quentin treatment and burns him to cinder. At least the new trailer hints at that. (There will be no more books)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If you don't expect Tyrion to survive the dragon fire unscathed because it turns out he's a secret Targ then lol

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I Own Soulz posted:

I don't follow links on my phone! Chump.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I Own Soulz posted:

The same way you hide your shameful boner while reading a GRRM sex scene: just hold your thumb over it.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

pidan posted:

same

In January I really thought it was coming out this April. Now I know what ASOIAF disappointment feels like.
And I only started reading after ADWD was out!

When it comes to release date predictions, George's words are wind. He always thinks he's a few months away. Even if he's 5 years away.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/2006/10/17/

"There's nothing else on my schedule until February, however, so for the rest of the year I will be right here, shackled to the computer and pounding the keys. I have half a dozen different projects on my plate, but the big one is A DANCE WITH DRAGONS, and I am going to be pushing hard on that in the weeks and months to come, in hopes of wrapping it up by the end of the year.

Wish me luck."

Blog date: Oct 17, 2006
Book finish date: April 2011

I still fell for it too though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Super Ninja Fish posted:

When it comes to release date predictions, George's words are wind. He always thinks he's a few months away. Even if he's 5 years away.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/2006/10/17/

"There's nothing else on my schedule until February, however, so for the rest of the year I will be right here, shackled to the computer and pounding the keys. I have half a dozen different projects on my plate, but the big one is A DANCE WITH DRAGONS, and I am going to be pushing hard on that in the weeks and months to come, in hopes of wrapping it up by the end of the year.

Wish me luck."

Blog date: Oct 17, 2006
Book finish date: April 2011

I still fell for it too though.

And wasn't it only released when it was because the publisher finally had enough of his poo poo and forced him to just take what he had and give it to them? This was of course before he had the massive clout that he has now. If he had his way people might still be waiting on it!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

And wasn't it only released when it was because the publisher finally had enough of his poo poo and forced him to just take what he had and give it to them? This was of course before he had the massive clout that he has now. If he had his way people might still be waiting on it!

Well, he released 2/3rds of 1/2 a book. We're still waiting for the last of Dance for fucks sake.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well, he released 2/3rds of 1/2 a book. We're still waiting for the last of Dance for fucks sake.

Yeah that's what I mean. If he had his way he would have waited until Dance was 100% finished before releasing it. Which would probably have meant waiting another few years at least.

And I just checked his age, the lazy gently caress is 67 years old. Jesus Christ.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 12, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

mcustic posted:

I hope the show givest Tyrion the Quentin treatment and burns him to cinder. At least the new trailer hints at that. (There will be no more books)

If they've combined Tyrion and Quentin's arcs and have Tyrion go in the dungeon like a moron and get fried I am going to drown in the tears on Facebook and social media. :buddy:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I thought it was less "give us what you got you fat gently caress" and GRRM going "poo poo I need to get this out as hype for the TV show" that caused us to get ADWD v0.9?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

MrSlam posted:

Mereen is dumb.

I agree.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

If they've combined Tyrion and Quentin's arcs and have Tyrion go in the dungeon like a moron and get fried I am going to drown in the tears on Facebook and social media. :buddy:

I thought it was less "give us what you got you fat gently caress" and GRRM going "poo poo I need to get this out as hype for the TV show" that caused us to get ADWD v0.9?

It was more his publisher saying that, but yeah.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

And I just checked his age, the lazy gently caress is 67 years old. Jesus Christ.

You have to give him credit for that at least. Most here in 2009 and 2010 would have been surprised to learn that he's still around in 2016.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Tyrion gets Quentyn'd and Varys fucks off to murder Kevan.

Whats the over under on ratings if they kill Tyrion?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

No chance they kill Tyrion. None.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Tyrion probably has no part to play in the ultimate ice vs. fire finale and is thus a character they may at some point throw into the meat grinder for mere shock value.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They can't let the one good actor they have leave the show. So even if Tyrion does get dragoned, Dinklage will be back as like Tyrion's super secret twin brother or something.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Solice Kirsk posted:

They can't let the one good actor they have leave the show. So even if Tyrion does get dragoned, Dinklage will be back as like Tyrion's super secret twin brother or something.

Davos's actor is cool and good. :mad:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Tyrion probably has no part to play in the ultimate ice vs. fire finale and is thus a character they may at some point throw into the meat grinder for mere shock value.

The dragon must have three heads. He's gonna ride a dragon. HE's gonna burn down harrenhall, again, with cersei blowing jaime inside it, so her joy turns to ashes in her mouth, literally, and then he's gonna fly north and burn some zombies.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I would honestly stop watching it if they killed off Tyrion in a less than heroic, end of the series way.

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
Peter Dinklage seems bored with his role, so who knows, maybe Toasty Tyrion will be a thing that happens.

Also I beg to differ that he's the only good actor on the show, hello Alfie Allen and Conleth Hill. Emilia Clarke should take acting lessons from them.

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you don't expect Tyrion to survive the dragon fire unscathed because it turns out he's a secret Targ then lol

Too bad in the show they didn't make Theon's hair white because he is totally a secret Targaryen too. And obviously Azor Ahai.

Alannys Harlaw cucked Balon Greyjoy with Aerys and then birthed a child of smoke and salt who's personality is near identical to Viserys. And it's fitting for Theon to be Azor Ahai because he was reborn after being Reek, and he has Jeyne Poole to be his Nissa Nissa.

(I hate secret Targ theories, if the show makes Tyrion a Targ I might quit watching).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Trojan.exe posted:

Too bad in the show they didn't make Theon's hair white because he is totally a secret Targaryen too. And obviously Azor Ahai.

Alannys Harlaw cucked Balon Greyjoy with Aerys and then birthed a child of smoke and salt who's personality is near identical to Viserys. And it's fitting for Theon to be Azor Ahai because he was reborn after being Reek, and he has Jeyne Poole to be his Nissa Nissa.

(I hate secret Targ theories, if the show makes Tyrion a Targ I might quit watching).

I love the forum word filters. :allears:

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Super Ninja Fish posted:

You have to give him credit for that at least. Most here in 2009 and 2010 would have been surprised to learn that he's still around in 2016.

I would have in fact, lost a lot of money betting on
1) we would never get ADWD. Arguably we still haven't, but yet.
2) he would be alive and writing in 2016

I was pretty sure the poo poo dick was the beginning of the end of his health.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

for srs? I would say he is the hero of this loving series. If he isn't intimately involved in whatever final battle goes on, I would be very very surprised.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Just a reminder that it's been three and a half months since his long, blathering apologia post on New Years and coming up on 6 years since finishing Dance. If one were to write 200 words a day, effectively good ones for all the time and effort taken to revise them to any sort of quality (on par with Dance, anyway), that idiot would have 20,000 words done which is 1/3 to 1/4 of a normal goddamn novel and about 1/8 of one of his doorstoppers, which you would think he would have left after 5.5 years.

Anyhoo, I've started many a failed project in that time, and I have yet to buy a stylish sailing cap like Martinez, so what do I know.

e: nm, that's about 1/20. So if he bothered to hunker down and really double his pace, he'd finish 1/10th every 3 months or so.

SaviourX fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 13, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

kcroy posted:

for srs? I would say he is the hero of this loving series. If he isn't intimately involved in whatever final battle goes on, I would be very very surprised.

I would imagine GRRM would keep him alive until the end but only because Tyrion is an ideal POV to show the final battle and its aftermath through, in the show that is less important and killing fan favorites generates a lot of buzz.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

kcroy posted:

I would have in fact, lost a lot of money betting on
1) we would never get ADWD. Arguably we still haven't, but yet.
2) he would be alive and writing in 2016

2 is only half correct.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Apr 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
GRRM is still alive? I could have sworn we were just letting the show finish the story since he wasn't going to.