Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can't play and download the game cause it slows it to a crawl. I wanna ask, fall control that assassin starts with lets you fall down elevators to activate them? I understand that instant kill fall damage will still kill you, does that just mean out of bounds will still kill you (duh) or you can make any normal falls that wouldn't kill you anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

i just helped two people kill a an early large boss and the host's lag was so bad that i never got hit and none of the animations for it played

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Can't play and download the game cause it slows it to a crawl. I wanna ask, fall control that assassin starts with lets you fall down elevators to activate them? I understand that instant kill fall damage will still kill you, does that just mean out of bounds will still kill you (duh) or you can make any normal falls that wouldn't kill you anyway?

anything that you wouldnt live through still kills you, if it works like it did in the previous games

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lame. Makes sense

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

I can tell where the female NPCs are going to end up sitting in Firelink because of the Tongue but hole and Time for thrust messages around empty featureless areas.

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just beat Bort. God drat this game is epic

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i cant summon phantoms but i'm getting summoned all the time :/

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm getting all kinds of rocked by Abyss Watchers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's up with the Estus flask refilling do frequently between bonfires. I thought it was messages but all my messages show 0-0

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think I heard killing red eyed mobs refills one so maybe when other people do that it refills

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

apropos to nothing posted:

so the big swamp area is actually the royal wood/oolacile from DS1. I found a fossilized elizabeth mushroom lady in a cave down there with a book that teaches oolacile sorceries :worship:

where the hell is that drat cave, ive found it before but i cant locate it anywhere

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh neat some of the enemies in undead settlement look like hunters

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
If there is a hunter hat in the game i need it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I can tell where the female NPCs are going to end up sitting in Firelink because of the Tongue but hole and Time for thrust messages around empty featureless areas.

for the win

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

In Training posted:

Oh neat some of the enemies in undead settlement look like hunters

also there's a group of people who are said to become beasts

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

estus refills: remember how in dark souls 1 there was a small chance enemies would give you liquid humanity on kill if the area boss wasnt dead? its that but with estus. evens out some longer segments

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

If there is a hunter hat in the game i need it

They drop their hats it's called Worker Hat. After Bloodborne I'm soooo happy to be back to basically every enemy in the game dropping their outfit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Someone said enemies drop their whole outfit at once which isn't true at all

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

yeah :(

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

everytime i quit the game thinking i need a break i just kind of readjust myself and read the forums for a second and then boot it back up in like 3 minutes

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh I wore that hat a lot in my jpn playthrough. I want a robin hood hat or cowboy hat

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Iudex is such a cool boss. The graphics in this game are amazing. Even the small details like the flame embers coming off of your character

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the red eyed dudes in the forest with crosses on their backs are practically bloodborne enemies

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

Iudex is such a cool boss. The graphics in this game are amazing. Even the small details like the flame embers coming off of your character

i saw a cutscene where uhh, there was a black cloud or something and the embers from my character were getting sucked up into it and it blew mym ind

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Is the big swamp you all are taking about the area with the giant crabs?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SM64Guy posted:

i saw a cutscene where uhh, there was a black cloud or something and the embers from my character were getting sucked up into it and it blew mym ind

drat

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[Chuckling to self even after 30 years of playing this series] Homeward Bone

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Died my first death to that guy at the Wall area that turns into a tar serpent thing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

normal enemies don't, one-time NPC invaders give you 100% of their drops every time however (unlike DS2 where you'd just have to farm them across playthroughs or use Aesetics or whatever)

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Died my first death to that guy at the Wall area that turns into a tar serpent thing

i learned that they're stupid weak to fire. like firebombs will do 1/2 their health and make them writhe wildly for a while

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh snap! The whip is almost epic in this game but it's slightly too slow for me to want to use all the time. It's skill is so sick though

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral
May 30, 2009

this game makes me smile

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Black Baby Goku posted:

Haha lol *suddenly thinks about Homeward Bound, and how all the pets from it are all long dead by now*

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's insanely good so far. vordt was actually really challenging, unlike the first half of bloodborne, or umm... any of DS2. i had to tear myself away from the game because i have work early tomorrow, but i'm really looking forward to spending all of thursday getting lost in this thing.

also undead settlement is an amazing level.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Haha lol *suddenly thinks about Homeward Bound, and how all the pets from it are all long dead by now*

:(

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

it's insanely good so far. vordt was actually really challenging, unlike the first half of bloodborne, or umm... any of DS2. i had to tear myself away from the game because i have work early tomorrow, but i'm really looking forward to spending all of thursday getting lost in this thing.

It's got to be the biggest zone in any of the games so far it's crazy and I'm sure I'm still missing out on a ton of poo poo in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

Vordt was 1000000x easier than Gascoigne, to me

• Locked thread