Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sheep posted:

:siren:Serious protip for people:siren:: if you don't want to be locked out of the mound makers covenant early on then don't kill the tree boss (should be second?) until you've gotten the cutscene on the opposite side of the zone after dropping off the roof and talking to Hodrick.

Apparently there's a way around this by getting summoned but I've yet to make it work.

So I'm at this point but I have no idea where "the opposite end of the zone" is. Anyone able to give a hint?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So I was summoned by a host with Lucatiel's mask any know where that's at?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Zaphod42 posted:

You had to make him a promise that you'd bring him new spells. If you kill too many bosses without fulfilling your promise, I think he's permanently gone.

I only killed a few bosses, and it took me a while to find my first scroll, was there a hint about where to find some scrolls super early or something?

So apparently he's just gone now...how do i get sorceries then?

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

So I was summoned by a host with Lucatiel's mask any know where that's at?

I'm rocking the full Lucatiel cosplay, mask is traded with the crows for a vertibrae.

Edit: Sorry for spoilers!

Orv
May 4, 2011
How the gently caress does this animation bug get to launch, much less three patches in.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Fuzz posted:

I'm in the swamp/Cathedral of the Deep already and I'm STILL using my placeholder Fire Longsword +3 for lack of a better weapon that's really made me want to bother with it. :smith:

Where's my Baldur's Straight Sword or something similar, dammit? Or what about a Claymore? May just have to roll Scythe, DS1 style!

Lothric Knight Sword, aka Balder Side Sword 2.0 drops off of Lothric Knights in High Wall. The Claymore is also in High Wall. :v:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Any idea what the list of banned names is this time around? I've already seen a few K***hts, and apparently Trump comes out to T**** because "rump" is banned, which is hilarious.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Anal Surgery posted:

Anal Surgery's Trip To Undead Settlement!

Night 1: gently caress, lot of hard poo poo. I'll just sprint past these dudes and this fat lady and, say, a bonfire by a cemetery where everyone is getting shot with giant arrows. Sprint sprint sprint, now I'm seeing that Tree everyone is talking about. Time for sleep, I think I'm not supposed to fight it yet.Huh, what a short, linear area!

That's where I ended up my first play session too, had the same thought.

Anal Surgery posted:

Night 2: Oh, I never went to the right after the first hanging body house.

:stare:

Oh poo poo, I guess I better do this too!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Settlement is absolutely enormous. I spent something like six hours there and traded some hiding spots with my roommate who did the same and we're still probably missing some things.

I like how you can be friends with the giant and he stops shooting arrows at you when you're near his tree. :3:

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
call over is king of gestures with toast being a close second

please let me know if there's one even better but i doubt it

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

A Magical Lamp posted:

I'm rocking the full Lucatiel cosplay, mask is traded with the crows for a vertibrae.

Edit: Sorry for spoilers!

You'know, I couldn't find the birds. Are they at Firelink Shrine?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

call over is king of gestures with toast being a close second

please let me know if there's one even better but i doubt it

I like doing "Collapse" in front of the host after we beat a boss.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Robo Reagan posted:

So nobody is going to summon purple pals ever, right?

people have been summoning me almost instantly for hours, but I'm sure it helps that I'm level 20 in a lowbie area 24 hours after launch

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

plape tickler posted:

I don't know what to do next. I've done everything I can find in the Undead Settlement. Depressed Knight gave me a key but I forget where it goes.

Where is this? Man Undead Settlement is a huge area.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Real hurthling! posted:

claymore is where the dragon breathes fire in high wall. its like the 3rd weapon available to you in the game.

I still get fried by his breath on that big area... how the hell did you guys survive that, considering he lights the ground on fire?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
insanely important pro-tip: if you have a message generating a lot of updoots, be sure to loving save it by pressing y on the message menu

There's a cap of like, 10 messages allowed, and I've noticed after casually walking around the intro areas again that messages seem... somewhat sparse, compared to yesterday?

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

Crowtrading spoilers!

You need the 20k souls key from Firelink, you can drop onto a rooftop and go through a secret passage to get to the nest. There's a full spoiler on it here, location at the front and full trade list at the bottom - http://www.usgamer.net/articles/dark-souls-3-all-crows-nest-trade-items-pickle-pee-pump-a-rum-crow

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

The Shortest Path posted:

Settlement is absolutely enormous. I spent something like six hours there and traded some hiding spots with my roommate who did the same and we're still probably missing some things.

I like how you can be friends with the giant and he stops shooting arrows at you when you're near his tree. :3:

Yea I really want to progress more in the game but I don't want to miss anything cool. :negative:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fuzz posted:

I still get fried by his breath on that big area... how the hell did you guys survive that, considering he lights the ground on fire?

There is enough time after the fire dissapates to either make a run for an item and back or sprint all the way across. You can get everything there with a little patience.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

SgtSteel91 posted:

Have the tower key?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Okay how the gently caress do estus in multiplayer work? Everytime I've invaded, I've gotten two regular and one magic. I thought that was always the case. But I just got invaded by two dark wraiths at the same time, both of them definitely not NPCs, and I counted them using way more than two. Almost beat both of them, despite them working together, but the last one survived with a sliver of health even though I nearly killed him like 4 times. I kept thinking "well he doesn't have any estus left" and then oh look he does.

I don't get it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Okay how the gently caress do estus in multiplayer work? Everytime I've invaded, I've gotten two regular and one magic. I thought that was always the case. But I just got invaded by two dark wraiths at the same time, both of them definitely not NPCs, and I counted them using way more than two. Almost beat both of them, despite them working together, but the last one survived with a sliver of health even though I nearly killed him like 4 times. I kept thinking "well he doesn't have any estus left" and then oh look he does.

I don't get it.

You get half of your maximum.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't get it.

You have half your stock when invading I thought.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A Magical Lamp posted:

Crowtrading spoilers!

You need the 20k souls key from Firelink, you can drop onto a rooftop and go through a secret passage to get to the nest. There's a full spoiler on it here, location at the front and full trade list at the bottom - http://www.usgamer.net/articles/dark-souls-3-all-crows-nest-trade-items-pickle-pee-pump-a-rum-crow

So that's what the Siegbrau is for! :worship:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't get it.

Seems to be as simple as "you get half of your normal stock of each"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I see. Didn't notice that myself since it rounds down, so the estus shards I've found since getting the orb hadn't actually added anything to my invasion counts.

Also if you dickwraith and run into an invader that is blue, how can you work with him instead of trying to murder each other? Shameful.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Panty Saluter posted:

I needed some magic resistance for the Crystal Sage and the combo amused me. Incidentally, gently caress phase 2 Crystal Sage.

Oh god yeah that second stage. I Sunbro-ed a few times there and it feels like 9/10 times I guess wrong and do nothing but clear out clones while the host does all the work because I'm on the wrong side of the arena. At least I'm reducing the amount of attacks in the air and giving the clones something to target I guess.

At least it's an incredibly easy boss to figure out even if victory is a good chunk luck.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I want to give Greirat a hug. Hes so sad :(

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I want to give Greirat a hug. Hes so sad :(

there's no way sending him out to steal poo poo for me will end well but my greed outweighs my sympathy

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

sector_corrector posted:

I like doing "Collapse" in front of the host after we beat a boss.

While fighting the tree earlier just before phase 2 I "curl into a ball" and the host and the other phantom did "collapse" and off we went.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Rings of sacrifice don't seem to preserve your embered status. That sucks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

run and jump roll starting with full health?

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I was worried about performance, but this is actually running pretty well on my mediocre system. But holy poo poo, the new Balder Knights on the high wall are total assholes. They never gave me a problem in DS1, but I feel like I'm walking through mud trying to fight them this time around.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just beat the smaller icy miniboss guy in the undead settlement how far away am I from the tree boss

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there are actually safe spots from the dragons fire, in the shadow of the wall

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Eonwe posted:

I just beat the smaller icy miniboss guy in the undead settlement how far away am I from the tree boss

You passed him. The tree boss is optional.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there a guide for the crow trader yet? Trying to figure out what she wants is pretty tedious.

She's so cute though. PUMP-A-RUM :buddy:

Eonwe posted:

You can fight the tree boss right now. There's another path you can take in undead settlement, along a cliff from the second bonfire.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

man nurse posted:

Abyss watchers can suck my loving nuts. How do you guys even do this stuff

self loathing helps

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
How the gently caress do I dickwraith in this, every loving invasion I try is at least two knights twohanding that loving op as hell longsword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Anyone know where the respec item is? I'm level 40 and I've been speccing for Sorcery, but since the Sorcery seller guy up and left, I'm way behind on actual spells to cast vs. the super hard enemies I'm fighting at this point in the game.

Edit: Unless there's some tricks to fighting the enemies in Irithyll, but they all seem awful. Especially the pyromancer fucks.

goldjas fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 13, 2016