Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Arstan posted:

Probably for height. Wouldn't want to be mistaken for a child Predator.

Nah, this is a Child Predator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Android Bicyclist posted:

Nah, this is a Child Predator.

As someone who was murdered by a child predator's laser blaster i am triggered by this

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The littlest Yautja. :3:

Evfedu
Feb 28, 2007

Snatch Duster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi5RT9WtBFM

Everyone in this video has a raging case of HPD
cannot get over what a weird post this is.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Talking about Mega Man cosplay, you know what's kinda surprising? That nobody has ever dressed up their dog as Rush. I would totally want to do that. But also I'm sure you're probably not allowed to bring a dog into most conventions and stuff. Also it's not recommended to jump on a real dog because they don't actually have springs or rocket boosters inside them.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

VendaGoat posted:

You do realize by your constant need to get me to agree with you, your bid to show us all just how smart you are and your aggressive manner after being snubbed, means you suffer from this?

Bwahahaha :iceburn:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cosplayer: Tasha (SPCATS).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

People like that must see the first promotional material and go to work right away. She did a great job, no matter how insane it it.

Hell, our own McKilligan began his Dark Souls 3 cosplay from a single image some months ago but he's dope and does dope things.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Here is me cosplaying as Pete Campbell. Any criticisms?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Your Shitposter cosplay is on point. :thumbsup:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

Here is me cosplaying as Pete Campbell. Any criticisms?

"My name is Michael Westen. I used to be a spy. Until... "

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

rydiafan posted:

Your Shitposter cosplay is on point. :thumbsup:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

RareAcumen posted:

Cosplayer: Tasha (SPCATS).

:stare: holy poo poo

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Axel Serenity posted:

:stare: holy poo poo

She makes it difficult for me to be objective on her cosplay.

I've refrained from comment until a like minded individual voiced his/her opinion.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
that photography is really dynamic

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

starkebn posted:

that photography is really dynamic

I follow her on facebook and I got to see the before pictures.... One second....even though in posting I don't have to disclose that I take a moment to search for something... :)

https://www.facebook.com/TashaCosplay/
So that's her facebook page.

http://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?memberNo=6147148&volumeNo=4016340
Here is her post with the before and after shots and some other various stuff. Obviously I can not read that.

The Photographer used other models and various objects, with a like color to the background, so that they could be easily digitally edited out and enhance the wardrobe that the cosplayer designed and made.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Good lighting, professional quality costume construction, a model that fits the "mold" and just a touch of photoshop. produces the best things this fandom can achieve.

Now, with the objective piece of me having had its say.

Knowing the cosplayer, I wonder how much of that outfit is her and how much is padding, in strategic locations.

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 04:22 on Apr 13, 2016

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Do some cosplay teams get payed for this stuff, because I'm not seeing where the money could be coming from. Not to say that getting payed is the only reason for putting in many man-hours into something.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

I follow her on facebook and I got to see the before pictures.... One second....even though in posting I don't have to disclose that I take a moment to search for something... :)

https://www.facebook.com/TashaCosplay/
So that's her facebook page.

http://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?memberNo=6147148&volumeNo=4016340
Here is her post with the before and after shots and some other various stuff. Obviously I can not read that.

The Photographer used other models and various objects, with a like color to the background, so that they could be easily digitally edited out and enhance the wardrobe that the cosplayer designed and made.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Good lighting, professional quality costume construction, a model that fits the "mold" and just a touch of photoshop. produces the best things this fandom can achieve.

Now, with the objective piece of me having had its say.

Knowing the cosplayer, I wonder how much of that outfit is her and how much is padding, in strategic locations.

This isn't a doxx guys but research!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Snatch Duster posted:

This isn't a doxx guys but research!

Oh no. I've shared a "Public figures" webpage. The horror. The shame.

I'll take all the punishment commiserate with my trespass.

Do not be merciful upon me judges. Give me my forty lashes and take the pound of flesh.

titty fat pizza
Jan 1, 2013
My Michael Myers with Alice loving Cooper

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Man that tracer cosplay is pretty good. She's probably a psychopath though, I now know things from that snatch duster post

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

VendaGoat posted:

You forgot the fat otaku that makes the costume and acts as a stepping stool/harness for the model. Very important.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

You forgot the fat otaku that makes the costume and acts as a stepping stool/harness for the model. Very important.

Holy poo poo but the pre-shopped photos are hilarious

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's not like major motion pictures look any less silly pre-sfx

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Post more

starkebn
May 18, 2004

So it's faked? For some reason that makes me like it less. I haven't examined why that is.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

no she was literally diving through the air and doing flying leaps backwards while perfectly matching screenshot poses

20ft apogee and all

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Oh no. I've shared a "Public figures" webpage. The horror. The shame.

I'll take all the punishment commiserate with my trespass.

Do not be merciful upon me judges. Give me my forty lashes and take the pound of flesh.

She isn't a public figure fam. Unless she is a Senator or a military officer she is a private citizen.

If you can't comprehend why following your favorite sexy cosplayer on facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram to get the latest pic is creepy. Then what about sharing everything you know down from location of shooting, where she lives, the Photographer, and all irrelevant bullshit on an Internet forum where there is a extremely chance that some nerd will jerkoff to it? That isn't creepy?

I guess call me old fashioned, but I think you need to take a long look at your life you if seriously don't think what you posted isn't creepy in the slightest.

starkebn posted:

So it's faked? For some reason that makes me like it less. I haven't examined why that is.

Lol good joke post.

Snatch Duster has a new favorite as of 08:10 on Apr 13, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Why are you still posting? Go away.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I don't post content either, but I like to think I'm slightly amusing to make up for it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

starkebn posted:

Why the gently caress would you think people weren't using props to get the perfect pose that they want?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Snatch Duster posted:

She isn't a public figure fam. Unless she is a Senator or a military officer she is a private citizen.
The page is for her entity as a cosplayer or whatever. Assuming she maintains it herself she literally set the page as a "Public Figures" page.

Thanks for sticking up for her though Snatch Duster.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Why the gently caress would you think people weren't using props to get the perfect pose that they want?

I guess because I was naive. I tend to think of cosplay as mostly amatuer for the most part. Sorry I'm not a 100% rational critic of artistic endeavours.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Inzombiac posted:

People like that must see the first promotional material and go to work right away. She did a great job, no matter how insane it it.

Blizzard actually released official cosplay reference guides nearly a year ago to help out: http://blizzard.gamespress.com/Overwatch?focusOnFileCollectionId=Cosplay-Reference-Kits

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Perhaps it might do everyone good if you weirdos stopped nitpicking and psychoanalyzing in this thread.

Just let people have some goddamn fun.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Snatch Duster is just a shitposter, stop quoting him.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Actually, looking through the page, it looks like she was the hired model to introduce Tracer for HotS at the regionals recently? If so, that makes a lot of sense and means yes, she got paid for it. Still awesome.

But, yeah, I've never been a fan of photoshopped poses, but that's the photojournalist in me. Still one of the best Tracers yet. Her and Soe should duke it out for the top spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Posed cosplay photos are being photoshopped more and more often with .... mixed .... results

:wtc:

I can see why many of them do it (especially to add effects and backgrounds) but I'm really not a fan, if they're going to alter the photos so radically then they might as well just photoshop the model's face onto an actual picture of the character and have done with it.

Edit: do a GIS for 'cosplay before and after' for hundreds more examples

• Locked thread