Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vannevar
Jan 27, 2013

The war goes on.

WAR FOOT posted:

nobody wins the bingo

bingo is cancelled

That's fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
the last person to speak in the comic was dirk

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
what

what the gently caress did the juju even do to lord english

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im glad homestuck is loving dead

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I'll just say this

This was very pretty

Shame about the content

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Oof, that "The End" is gonna piss people off, but that end was pretty badass.

I have a feeling Hussie might explain the poo poo out of it.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i even tried to manually enter the url for the next page

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
i mean, we all knew how it was going to end, and the only thing left was the exact mechanics of however the treasure box was going to kill LE. Vriska got her wish because she got to create her final boss and then destroy him in the way nobody else could. Vriska won Homestuck

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The real ending will be the game.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Did Lord English... win? We saw this vision of the future everyone might have on the new world, but John was reaching for the door and both Caliborn and Lord English were looking pretty undefeated when it suddenly cut out, like maybe Lord English won somehow? Or the Green Sun turning into a black hole destroyed the universe? Is this supposed to be ambiguous? Oh god, is this :speculate:?

Hussie has a Newspost up, by the way. Seems pretty definitive. I do not know if he has realized the likely overriding response this ending will generate.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
at last our long national nightmare is over

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I found the soundtrack to the final page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tao67Idz3Uc

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Wow, that did nothing at all for me. It was really pretty and sounded great, though.

Some part of me is hoping that this is a fakeout, but the newspost pretty much kills that.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

i mean, we all knew how it was going to end, and the only thing left was the exact mechanics of however the treasure box was going to kill LE. Vriska got her wish because she got to create her final boss and then destroy him in the way nobody else could. Vriska won Homestuck

im honestly kind of irritated about this

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
So I guess Caliborn becoming the lord of time caused him to be able to destroy time at the last second, causing us to have the strongest collective blue balls as a reader in the history of blue balls?

Do we only get the kids vision of what they were going to have when they went into the new world rather than knowing it actually happened as a consolation prize?

edit: nice to know I have good company at the end of things

Dolash posted:

Did Lord English... win? We saw this vision of the future everyone might have on the new world, but John was reaching for the door and both Caliborn and Lord English were looking pretty undefeated when it suddenly cut out, like maybe Lord English won somehow? Or the Green Sun turning into a black hole destroyed the universe? Is this supposed to be ambiguous? Oh god, is this :speculate:?

Hussie has a Newspost up, by the way. Seems pretty definitive. I do not know if he has realized the likely overriding response this ending will generate.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

THE THREAD FIRE IS SPREADING CLAL 911

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So I'm assuming Lord English gets ditched in the lovely broken universe while the kids/trolls are safe in Canopolis? There's probably something I'm missing here. I guess the only way to beat an invincible monster is to bait him, then quietly sneak out and lock the door behind you.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Look on the brightside: Now when people say "Boy, that sure was a lovely ending" we can all be like "Hey, at least it didn't suck as bad as the ending to Homestuck".

Edit: And this will always be true. Forever. No matter what the thing is. From now until the end of time. There's nowhere to go but up.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm confused and possibly upset.

The animation was pretty though and it was a neat song choice.

quote:

The longer and less funny answer will need some reflection. Maybe some day I will say some things about it. For now, I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

From the news post probably seals the deal on "that's that."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

i even tried to manually enter the url for the next page

Me too

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

I can't believe Vriska got everything she ever wanted out of this.

At least it was pretty.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dolash posted:

My guess is:
- They enter the door, we get Caliborn's Masterpiece, and then in a mobius double-reacharound Vriska frees them with the Juju and English is defeated with the green sun black hole and then they get the good ending.

So they both win and lose.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
in my final moments, as i lay slain by an ending that landed with a dull thud, i raise my fist to heaven and spit one final curse at god for proving Toxx right

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
This is a post I had kinda wanted to make earlier, but didn't want to de-lurk for, but I guess I'm gonna make it now anyways even though I was a bit disappointed with Act 7 as well?

The thing is, Act 7 is not, on its own, The End. We've been in The End for a while now. Collide was the beginning of The End, with all of the final bosses being battled and defeated (except Lord English). With all of them defeated, and Lord English's defeat saved for Homestuck the Anime... well, that's it. The "game" ended with Collide, and everything since, including this, has been the inter-credits cutscene showing off the results of victory. So... yeah. This is only the logical conclusion, plain though it was.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I liked the animation on that tadpole.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

At least Aradia showed up again...?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
well that sure... was.

Props to the artists and animators. That was tight,

but

uh,

hmmmm

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

sitchelin posted:

So I'm assuming Lord English gets ditched in the lovely broken universe while the kids/trolls are safe in Canopolis? There's probably something I'm missing here. I guess the only way to beat an invincible monster is to bait him, then quietly sneak out and lock the door behind you.

Or that. That works too.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Dolash posted:

LE always already won, he was already here. His victory was also his defeat though: at the moment Caliborn gains the juju he'll use to trap the kids in his story, the same juju is used against Lord English, allowing the kids to escape (that's why the lilypad house-door changed colors, I assume, which it did not for the Trolls' session).

e: this is also i think the significance of the doors being on the opposite sides (right when it drops in front of LE, left on the lilypad)

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
That was the best ending. The only ending Homestuck could get.

The whole Lord English thing was a ruse. It really was just about some kids creating a universe.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i liked it

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That was all very confusing and I dont "get it"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

sitchelin posted:

The way I took it, there was some weird space/time fuckery when they observed the orb Jade was holding (which was earth I think?) and it struck me as like, a possible future or somehting?

Because from the look of the Juju, it sure seemed like the door would open up to right in front of Lord English.

I'm not even sure I get what the implication of the green sun getting black holed was? Or what Caliborn smashing the clock with the juju breaker meant?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
there's basically no way this is going to go over well

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

MonsieurChoc posted:

My guess is:
- They enter the door, we get Caliborn's Masterpiece, and then in a mobius double-reacharound Vriska frees them with the Juju and English is defeated with the green sun black hole and then they get the good ending.

So they both win and lose.

see, I read it as more of this:

Caliborn becomes who he hoped to be and in becoming that he literally destroyed time (the clock and then his power up or whatever) just as John reaches for the knob (but doesn't grab it).

from what I see, Caliborn wins. The vision was just that- a vision.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

so like

lots of speculation i guess

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah it was a fine flash but not an ending. I guess Homestuck will just never have an ending.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I guess my problem is that my primary reason I forgave Act 6 for its failings was that it did a really good job of setting up Lord English as an antagonist I cared about seeing defeated

And then this happened

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Keiya posted:

That was the best ending. The only ending Homestuck could get.

The whole Lord English thing was a ruse. It really was just about some kids creating a universe.

Or even that.

The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

I'm super conflicted because the animation was sweet as hell, but the actual content still felt rushed and sort of a 'bare minimum' ending. I'm not even sure how caliborn's masterpiece fits into this, if it is still canon.