Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nalesh posted:

How the gently caress do I dickwraith in this, every loving invasion I try is at least two knights twohanding that loving op as hell longsword

get good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Dropping in just to say this game is awesome. I'm playing blind and I think I've discovered every optional boss possible but can't find the next boss / plot item to move on. Also I hate that invaders can use estus.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

A Magical Lamp posted:

Crowtrading spoilers!

You need the 20k souls key from Firelink, you can drop onto a rooftop and go through a secret passage to get to the nest. There's a full spoiler on it here, location at the front and full trade list at the bottom - http://www.usgamer.net/articles/dark-souls-3-all-crows-nest-trade-items-pickle-pee-pump-a-rum-crow

Hot tip for faster crowtrading and access to a certain useful item

If you go outside the shrine to where that tree is kinda bent over next to the roof? Sprint at that tree to get lifted up then jump to the roof, you can land it with time, luck, and practice combined and just walk around back to the shrine for an Estus Shard in the rafters

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

So I farmed a bunch of souls and leveled up my poo poo. Made my broadsword a raw x2 strong weapon and got a few estus shards and Vord is loving dead!! Took a few tries...

I always hear people say (especially you guys) that this game is about that feeling when you finally beat something. Holy gently caress you aren't kidding. I was physically shaking.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Not loving applicable when you got a host, two phantoms, a sunshit, and a blueshit after you.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

please don't insult the sun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Shortest Path posted:

You passed him. The tree boss is optional.

Oh! Ok

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

If you go outside the shrine to where that tree is kinda bent over next to the roof? Sprint at that tree to get lifted up then jump to the roof, you can land it with time, luck, and practice combined and just walk around back to the shrine for an Estus Shard in the rafters

Every time I die from now will be a direct result of me being 20k souls poorer than I could have been.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
how do i farm ember

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So the "drop 'em down the elevator shaft" approach actually does work with the ice rear end in a top hat. I sent the lift up and we just circled the hole until he lunged and fell, presumably making the Goofy sound.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Suspicious Dish posted:

how do i farm ember

Sunbroing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How do I sunbro BTW

I have the thing equipped but I don't know the mechanics otherwise

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I know I need to get good but holy christ is this game the hardest souls game or what. I am getting my poo poo kicked in every step I take. :smith:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Eonwe posted:

How do I sunbro BTW

I have the thing equipped but I don't know the mechanics otherwise

Drop sign, kill boss

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

This swamp is pretty high up there in being dickish. Only thing missing really is infinitely respawning mosquitoes that poison you. Next time I go through here is gonna be with a guide for point A to point B because this is pretty tedious.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

Anybody know what that status icon is?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Wasted three embered statuses tonight on trying to get abyss watchers. All three times the person I summoned seemed to not be able to join me in the arena. :sigh: from, from never changes

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheQat posted:

Wasted three embered statuses tonight on trying to get abyss watchers. All three times the person I summoned seemed to not be able to join me in the arena. :sigh: from, from never changes

There's like 130,000 people playing so some server hiccups are expected

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Every person who said to try a Knight first lied to me about it being easiest.

The first boss fight took me 9 tries on a knight. Got through. Tried a sorc. Got through it on my first try as a sorc.

Killing non boss mobs seems just about as easy on both but that ranged magic... drat.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Are the servers dead? No summons, no summon signs, no invasions.

Also wow the game gets a lot harder on a hdtv compared to the monitor. Nice one second input lag there. Also I just realized that the Knight's armor starts with what might as well be zero poise. It has failed to let me attack through everything, including a tiny lil' rat. Interesting trick compared to the last two games. Also lmao the big rat just doesn't give a gently caress if you're blocking.

e: What is weak to deep? Should I care about the deep battle axe or go in on my claymore? I have a longsword and broadsword +1 but found no further titanite.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
So I've got four of those dark curse things from free level-ups, I imagine I'm loving myself over in a way I have yet to understand but so far they aren't doing anything to harm me. I'm hoping something hilarious happens when I get the full 8/8 because I've seen people in the thread talk about rerolling their character because of it. Enjoy laughing at my naivety!

Diogines posted:

Every person who said to try a Knight first lied to me about it being easiest.

The first boss fight took me 9 tries on a knight. Got through. Tried a sorc. Got through it on my first try as a sorc.

Killing non boss mobs seems just about as easy on both but that ranged magic... drat.

The problem is a lot of bosses have a lot of very nasty gapclosing/ranged attacks so you'll be right up in their crotch anyway.

A Magical Lamp fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 13, 2016

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

RBA Starblade posted:

Also wow the game gets a lot harder on a hdtv compared to the monitor. Nice one second input lag there. Also I just realized that the Knight's armor starts with what might as well be zero poise. It has failed to let me attack through everything, including a tiny lil' rat. Interesting trick compared to the last two games.

Quit out and start your game again, it will reconnect

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Taiso posted:

Anybody know what that status icon is?

It comes up if I have anything other than "no password" in your co op setting.

Also: anyone find elite knight armor yet? It's my poo poo.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Robo Reagan posted:

There's like 130,000 people playing so some server hiccups are expected

Agreed, though ironically I never had trouble getting in to help others :shrug:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TheQat posted:

Quit out and start your game again, it will reconnect

Thanks, wasn't sure what was up.

quote:

Boy it sure feels weirdly nostalgic and pathetic to run into an enemy that schooled you in Dark Souls 1, then basically get your rear end kicked again.

...or rather, get hit once for 3/4 of my health bar leading me to run away in a blind panic. It even chased me to the other side of the map.

The game's like Bloodborne in that everything can combo you, and you cannot interrupt the combo in any way if the first hit connects, no matter what you think or do. It's a little obnoxious. Also lol at a little poke interrupt a charged greatsword R2.

quote:

I'm pretty sure reds count. I had an invasion earlier where I was tasked to kill the host or 3 phantoms, and my three phantoms were one white, one blue, and one red.

Only if you finish them off. It isn't likely.

quote:

How the gently caress do I dickwraith in this, every loving invasion I try is at least two knights twohanding that loving op as hell longsword

The longsword kind of sucks. Now that lovely god damned katana...

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 13, 2016

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
im mad that the weapon switch buffering from dks1 isnt back. i keep trying to buffer switch and it keeps not working.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I hate your guts for telling me this is possible b/c I tried to do it for 10 or 15 minutes earlier, figured it wasn't, and have now been trying for 10 minutes again with no luck

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Internet Kraken posted:

Rings of sacrifice don't seem to preserve your embered status. That sucks.

I don't think they preserved humanity in the previous games either...?

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Panty Saluter posted:

Yeah those were rings of life protection or something.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I need to get out of the settlement I'm tired of these pointed heady scythe guys having infinity poise and stunlocking me to a fraction of my health as a result. The game's loads better than BB, but it took more than it needed to from it.

Panty Saluter posted:

They did in DS2 at least.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

What exactly does the (early-game spoiler) statue of velka when you pay to Request Dissolution? I went because I got cursed by a basilisk killing me, which I assume is Bad, but (fairly major plot spoiler) It says dissolving the curse will reverse hollowing, which I don't want to do because I'm trying to amass all the dark sigils

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I successfully dropped a frigid knight down an elevator shaft.

Vid has possible spoilers so so I'm linking here.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 13, 2016

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

RBA Starblade posted:

Also wow the game gets a lot harder on a hdtv compared to the monitor. Nice one second input lag there. Also I just realized that the Knight's armor starts with what might as well be zero poise. It has failed to let me attack through everything, including a tiny lil' rat. Interesting trick compared to the last two games. Also lmao the big rat just doesn't give a gently caress if you're blocking.

e: What is weak to deep? Should I care about the deep battle axe or go in on my claymore? I have a longsword and broadsword +1 but found no further titanite.

Are you streaming to the TV? Does it have a game mode? If there's no game mode, are there any motion interpolation or other post processing that can be turned off? Unless your HDTV is very old (more than a few years, mine is a 2011 Samsung) there should never be anywhere near that much lag.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Oh no.

...Oh no. :ohdear:

Firelink Shrine (early?) character spoilers: I think I took too many free levels. :ohdear:

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 13, 2016

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I hate your guts for telling me this is possible b/c I tried to do it for 10 or 15 minutes earlier, figured it wasn't, and have now been trying for 10 minutes again with no luck

i did it super easily by accident, come on

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Fuzz posted:

Where's my Baldur's Straight Sword or something similar, dammit? Or what about a Claymore? May just have to roll Scythe, DS1 style!

The BSS is back in the form of Lothric Knight Sword. Kill the Lothric Knights outside of the Vordt fire for it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So I'm exploring Firelink, and just got the tower key. There are some glowies on coffins, but when I try to jump on them, it seems I just slide off no matter how I land. Is there a trick to this?

edit: nevermind, as is often the case I get it right immediately after posting.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So does this game just desperately hate controllers. It wouldn't take my DS4 natively, I turned on DS4windows with the game already on and replugged and it didn't take that, X'd the game and redid my DS4windows and didn't want it then afterwards either.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Panty Saluter posted:

Are you streaming to the TV? Does it have a game mode? If there's no game mode, are there any motion interpolation or other post processing that can be turned off? Unless your HDTV is very old (more than a few years, mine is a 2011 Samsung) there should never be anywhere near that much lag.
It's hooked directly to the pc through a hdmi cable, but it's meant to work with the PS4, not the pc. I didn't expect it to do great and I'm not that bothered it didn't, since DS2 did dismally, I just thought it was funny. I'm mostly just going to play on PC regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Does estus not refill after you help someone kill a boss?