Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I have a policy of always watching anything with David Anders in it. It's worked out pretty well so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Strap yourself in for American Gods then, rumour is he's playing Loki

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Although I actually don't mind the theme song, but that's because it's short and to the point and I like the way the graphics behind it quickly covers the backstory and premise of the show.
My partner and I were thrilled that last week used a very shortened version of that thing. I don't think we've both hated a TV theme song this much since Enterprise.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I like the end credits drum thing though.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Rocksicles posted:

I did not know I could get more hyped, but here we are.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

OH MY GOD. yeees

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Rocksicles posted:

I am not sure whether that will be a full series or not, but I hope it doesn't mean that he is leaving iZombie.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rocksicles posted:

Well that is just neat

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oasx posted:

I am not sure whether that will be a full series or not, but I hope it doesn't mean that he is leaving iZombie.

If it's true that part is small enough he could do both.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Cactus posted:

I like the end credits drum thing though.

Reminds me of donkey kong on the Super Nintendo for some reason.

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.

Cactus posted:

I looked forward to it starting ever since learning it was done by the V.Mars guy. The lesson here is: never pay any attention to the marketing for anything, ever.

This. I just watched the whole series so far in the past few weeks entirely because I heard Rob Thomas was behind it. I loved Veronica Mars and it turns out I love this, too.

And it's doubly worth it because

Rocksicles posted:

AAAAAHHHHHH HOLY poo poo.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
drat Liv, that was extreme.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ravi owns.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The sesame one was his! :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo: at the Rob Thomas cameo.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Amazingly that security guard has the right reaction to that kind of poo poo going down.

edit: Here's Major! :lol:

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 13, 2016

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, I didn't see that coming at all.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm not used to Clive being the one who is poo poo on :(

Scumbag lawyer was great. Ate the energy bar, but I got you another one so we cool

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Filmore Graves.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Senerio posted:

Filmore Graves.

That was pretty great.

TMMadman posted:

Well, I didn't see that coming at all.

It's funny, because the zombies were clearly ignoring her while she blew them away. It was there, but I was so distracted by the whole, 'Are they going to turn Clive into a Zombie?' thing that I didn't notice it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm not used to Clive being the one who is poo poo on :(

Scumbag lawyer was great. Ate the energy bar, but I got you another one so we cool

Ken Marino is a national treasure.

Liv also got poo poo on quite a bit. I mean, they couldn't poo poo on Major more if they put him underneath an outhouse, so it makes sense that they need to spread it around a bit. It was nice to see Vaughn and Rita get what they deserved, although Rita's transition to full on Romero was kind of jarring. I'm psyched for next season.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I liked Vaughn's death, but felt Rita's was a bit anticlimactic for the character.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Now that I think about it, that finale was kinda mediocre. All the chaos killer / meat cute stuff was wrapped up a little too nicely.

I guess next season is just them vs Max Rager(live life to the MAX) since the Mr Boss stuff doesn't seem to be going anywhere anymore.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
MafuckinRINO

Yesssssssssss

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I missed the first 40 minutes or so, because I thought it was going to start at 9 PM and run until 11. That sucked, but everything I saw was amazing, and I will watch the beginning on demand tomorrow.

Hell of a finale, and it will be interesting starting out with a completely new status quo. I hope we haven't seen the last of FBI Special Agent Veron -- um, I mean Dale Bozzio.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Now that I think about it, that finale was kinda mediocre. All the chaos killer / meat cute stuff was wrapped up a little too nicely.

I guess next season is just them vs Max Rager(live life to the MAX) since the Mr Boss stuff doesn't seem to be going anywhere anymore.

Except that Don-E is still alive, and Blaine is still kicking having murdered a whole gang of Mr Boss's employees. Can't imagine any of that going over too well.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Loved the finale and the upcoming zombie war. Was sad to see the end of Rita, though. I was hoping she'd become a snarky member of Team Z. :(

Also, if that David Anders rumor is true, holy poo poo I can't wait for that to air. I already thought casting Emily Browning was great, but man he will be awesome in that role.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
RIP Rob Thomas, you died so that other zombies may... uh... okay not live but play guitar I guess

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Axel Serenity posted:

Loved the finale and the upcoming zombie war. Was sad to see the end of Rita, though. I was hoping she'd become a snarky member of Team Z. :(

Also, if that David Anders rumor is true, holy poo poo I can't wait for that to air. I already thought casting Emily Browning was great, but man he will be awesome in that role.

I'm in the same boat on both of those issues. I was hoping to see Rita as the token evil member of Team Z. Hopefully, the new bad guys will figure out a way to revive dead zombies, or she has a twin sister like Scott E./Don E. ( Hey a man can dream.)

As for American Gods, it's a small role on what will probably just be a miniseries, so it doubt where going to have another Ricky Whittle from The 100 type situation.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 13, 2016

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That was good. I have high hopes that they will find a way to make the new situation work without totally changing the show. Honestly it's nice to see them shake things up like this, too many good shows get onto a treadmill with the same characters loving with each other in the same ways year after year. Maybe Ravi will go to work for Filmore Graves, since they have that great Max Rager lab full of records of a bunch of unethical zombie research he would never have done on his own.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Angela Christine posted:

That was good. I have high hopes that they will find a way to make the new situation work without totally changing the show. Honestly it's nice to see them shake things up like this, too many good shows get onto a treadmill with the same characters loving with each other in the same ways year after year. Maybe Ravi will go to work for Filmore Graves, since they have that great Max Rager lab full of records of a bunch of unethical zombie research he would never have done on his own.

I get the feeling Filmore couldn't give the least little poo poo about a cure and see having the Zombie as a positive thing.

Also I like to think Filmore Graves is what Filmore Coffers changed his name to at the end of Captain Sternn.

I am the only one who will get that and it's surprisingly clever. :negative:

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

I get the feeling Filmore couldn't give the least little poo poo about a cure and see having the Zombie as a positive thing.

It seems like if you're going to set up a new government with zombies as the ruling class (Zombarchy? Zombocracy?) you might want a way to control the zombie population in case of a zombie outbreak that doesn't involve killing everyone.

After all, zombies still need normal people to feed on. And if there is a zombie apocalypse, then the Fillmore Graves folks would eventually go Romero without a steady supply of brains. So develop a zombie cure, stick it in tranq darts, and use it for zombie population control. Admittedly, it would be a bit of a double edged sword, but it's not like the ultimate cure for zombieism is some closely guarded secret.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Chokes McGee posted:

Also I like to think Filmore Graves is what Filmore Coffers changed his name to at the end of Captain Sternn.

I am the only one who will get that and it's surprisingly clever. :negative:

I think they'd like to control the cure, just to have options.

Besides, once they have time to think it through, they are going to realize the Zombie population vs. Brain Donor population problem. They may be willing to use guns as population control for unallied zombies, but that leads to a secondary problem vs. the civilized world. If you want the world to accept you as real people, you can't go around shooting a bunch of white middle class american citizens who get infected accidentally and want to get off Team Zs Wild Ride.

They might even decide to keep the whole thing quiet instead of going for Zombie revolution. Powerful footsoldiers only get you so far when the enemy is the US government, with their drones, bombers and nukes -- the US government is not going to let zombies take over Seattle. Maybe Mexico or something, but not US territory. In which case having the cure would be great, because they could zombiefy and de-zombiefy their soldiers at will to keep the brain hungry super-soldier population manageable. Keeping things quiet would also let the show stay mostly "quirky zombie detective" and keep the zombie conspiracy a side plot.

Besides a cure, they'd probably want the lab working on a synthetic meal replacement of some kind. Is there a way to make animal brains palatable? Can they use some kind of cloning or neural regeneration technology to turn one brain into lots of identical brain-like meat?

These people are pragmatic, they don't actually want the civilization to end because they like iphones and airplanes as much as the rest of us. Zombie super-soldiers are useful to them, but they won't want a full on zombie apocalypse.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Man, Don E saving his skin by begging for a headshot and then pissing the guy off, so he wouldn't grant him his wish was really smart. It took me a second to realize what he was doing there.

I loved how convenient that police party was. It gave the cast cool squad costumes and provided an excuse for them to be contained and just coincidentally a new, completely separated outbreak started that evening .

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Air is lava! posted:

Man, Don E saving his skin by begging for a headshot and then pissing the guy off, so he wouldn't grant him his wish was really smart. It took me a second to realize what he was doing there.

I loved how convenient that police party was. It gave the cast cool squad costumes and provided an excuse for them to be contained and just coincidentally a new, completely separated outbreak started that evening .

Don E was obviously pulling a total Br'er Rabbit there, "Please don't toss me into the briar patch, anything but that."

As for the costume party, you know the writers totally wanted to do the Art history joke for a while now.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rarity posted:

Well that is just neat

It's only a rumour, be great if it were true. He would chew scenery as a god.

Also Ken Marino!!!!!!!!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"This is how a skull breaks" had me cackling. It was just such a perfect line that could only have worked because of this exact setup. Kind of like the entire show, really.

Also, holy hell, for all their talk about "the zombie apocalypse" they actually went and did it. Just completely changed genres for one episode.

AbsolutelySane posted:

Liv also got poo poo on quite a bit. I mean, they couldn't poo poo on Major more if they put him underneath an outhouse, so it makes sense that they need to spread it around a bit. It was nice to see Vaughn and Rita get what they deserved, although Rita's transition to full on Romero was kind of jarring. I'm psyched for next season.

I don't think Rita actually went Romero though? She'd been fully conversational moments before, plus she'd just eaten. I think she just went a little nuts between the confinement and everything else, or maybe that was her dad's roid-raging.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Air is lava! posted:

It also gave us Clive saying “White people".

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I loved everything about the finale, except for them killing off Rita. Ever since she snuck into Liv's apartment to steal brains I was hoping she would end up as a sassy zombie member of the main cast. I also have no idea why she went full romero, considering that she was a "scratch" zombie and not a "utopium and max rager combo" zombie.

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
That hairline Babineaux :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

BurritoJustice posted:

I loved everything about the finale, except for them killing off Rita. Ever since she snuck into Liv's apartment to steal brains I was hoping she would end up as a sassy zombie member of the main cast. I also have no idea why she went full romero, considering that she was a "scratch" zombie and not a "utopium and max rager combo" zombie.

She was really, really mad. An adrenaline rush can do it.

• Locked thread