Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Cicadalek posted:

I have the opposite problem

I didn't take any of his free levels because it sounded shady as heck, and now he appears to have, uh, died.

...Huh. That's a puzzler. I thought the thing I did caused that thing to happen.

Now I don't know what to think, and it makes my thing slightly less poignant.

Edit: Trigger spoiler: I maxed out my free levels, then got around to killing the tree, then my best friend was... well, technically, still at the Firelink Shrine.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Where's the current high-level PVP hotspot? I've found some bites for purple signs at Great Belfry, but no successful Invasions or bluecops yet

Orv
May 4, 2011
It is beating Abyss Watchers that prematurely ends that quest line, yes.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Funkmaster General posted:

Where's the current high-level PVP hotspot? I've found some bites for purple signs at Great Belfry, but no successful Invasions or bluecops yet

I don't know if it's going to shake out this way on PC but it basically all happened in duels in the little ampitheatre after Pontiff or in invasions just after that area on PS4 JPN.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Popular Human posted:

So, uh, I seem to have used my fancy fire sword to accidentally light a church on fire.

Did I screw myself out of any optional poo poo by doing that?

How? Where did that happen?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

GreyjoyBastard posted:

...Huh. That's a puzzler. I thought the thing I did caused that thing to happen.

Now I don't know what to think, and it makes my thing slightly less poignant.

Edit: Trigger spoiler: I maxed out my free levels, then got around to killing the tree, then my favorite minion was... well, technically, still at the Firelink Shrine.

The difference is, according to my friend who did the same as you, you get a new NPC in return and I don't.

Also I was having problems with summoning failing in front of [spoiler]the giant skeleton boss[/b]. Is that normal or was I just getting unlucky.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'd like to thank boss spoiler I guess but not really the Wandering Demon for still managing to show up in DS3 but having some nasty new tricks in its bag. Too bad my bag contains "a sword" and "the ability to block" but hey, someday buddy, someday you'll be scary.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Hey man, that headless gently caress is scary when you first see him :colbert:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

weekly font posted:

The difference is, according to my friend who did the same as you, you get a new NPC in return and I don't.

Also I was having problems with summoning failing in front of the giant skeleton boss. Is that normal or was I just getting unlucky.

Your friend is correct. :3:

I have a really bad feeling about my new girlfriend. Starting with her shop inventory. Well, no, starting with her conditions for showing up, but shortly followed by her shop inventory.

DS3 is amazing.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 13, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Panty Saluter posted:

Input lag is input lag, PS4 or PC should have no effect on that. Unless the settings are different between inputs (very possible).

I had to fiddle with some things to get it to not overheat my Big Boy cpu, so idk. I'm not too concerned either way, it plays perfectly on the regular monitor. Mostly I'm just annoyed at how little poise I have and how much poise everything else in the game has. Even using the claymore's stomp isn't enough to get an attack off if they already are. :argh:

Still not sure how to deal with pvpers who just roll and circle strafe either. Most weapons are too slow to catch up compared to DS1 and 2.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

a lot of people are having that feel when no gf, apparently.

Also I got a bomb as gently caress hex version of fire snake, as well as a move where I throwup a boulder and flatten whatever it hits, v good for slow fatties

I couldn't find a good use for the latter thanks to the windup, until I realized it pancakes. Then I just chain cast it to smash to death anything unlucky enough to get backstabbed or riposte :buddy:

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
Your spoiler tag didn't work, but "you fight a giant skeleton" hardly seems like a spoiler in a Souls game.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

weekly font posted:

Also I was having problems with summoning failing in front of the giant skeleton boss. Is that normal or was I just getting unlucky.

The problem there is that there are MANY people trying to beat him and not enough summons to help. If you put down a sign youll get pulled in before you're done standing up.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Oh hell yea... Hello! Hello! Hello! Hello!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The doom axe (dark infused 100 dmg + 100 dark dmg) from that first mimic is so good. Gonna be hard to switch from it for awhile.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I've been enjoying this game a lot but boy Road of Sacrifice is a garbage pile. I fully explored every inch of the Valley of Defilement and Blight Town, but I just can't be bothered here.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Oh huh, hollowing appearance runs on a continuum.

...Maybe I should go back to a face-covering helm.

Or spend a ring slot on the Fashion Souls "no, really, I'm a living person" ring. :v:

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!
my last summoner's connection was so poor my game didn't even bother with animations for him or the boss

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Fire axe is better, IMO. I enchanted the Pyromancer starting axe with fire and it's been my main weapon ever since. Also helps that I don't have to worry about pushing str/dex and can focus on my HP/stamina.

LibbyM posted:

I've been enjoying this game a lot but boy Road of Sacrifice is a garbage pile. I fully explored every inch of the Valley of Defilement and Blight Town, but I just can't be bothered here.

You know what's better than a water-filled swamp area? A poison-filled swamp area! Coming right up!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Cool, clear out the swamp of crabs, get invaded by two invaders in the span of 30 seconds with all my estus gone. Fun.

Did I miss the pyromancy trainer? I found a tome for pyromancy in the swamp but haven't met anyone I could actually give it too.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Cool, clear out the swamp of crabs, get invaded by two invaders in the span of 30 seconds with all my estus gone. Fun.

Did I miss the pyromancy trainer? I found a tome for pyromancy in the swamp but haven't met anyone I could actually give it too.

The Pyro Trainer is back in the Undead Settlement. Head across the first bridge you get to (where the Fat Official 2.0 and her posse are hanging out) and look for the area where there's three firebomb Hollows hanging out on top of a building. He's in a cage around back behind them on the same level.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Internet Kraken posted:

Pyromancer trainer is in the undead village. Exploding barrel area, drop down from the bridge to a ledge then you find a bonfire inside. Go out the other side and climb the building roofs. Pyromancer trainer is hanging in a cage at the opposite end of the building.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ymgve posted:

Fire axe is better, IMO. I enchanted the Pyromancer starting axe with fire and it's been my main weapon ever since. Also helps that I don't have to worry about pushing str/dex and can focus on my HP/stamina.

Yea basically all the element enhanced weapons are the same, turns off scaling for a flat boost. They are all pretty drat good at the start of the game but all lose to scaling later.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You get access to Chaos later on, which is Fire but scaling.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I feel dumb for only realizing just now that the solution to endless rolling/strafting is to back up then stop moving and wait. At least in a 1v1. It's weird though that in the other games you could do more about it, but most things are too slow and the roll's iframes are too strong about it. You can roll for days in DS3.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Can't believe the xanthous crown is so easy to get in this game :\

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ymgve posted:

Pyromancer trainer is in the undead village. Exploding barrel area, drop down from the bridge to a ledge then you find a bonfire inside. Go out the other side and climb the building roofs. Pyromancer trainer is hanging in a cage at the opposite end of the building.

Thanks. I've tried exploring every inch I could think of in that drat town and still missed stuff.

a cop posted:

Can't believe the xanthous crown is so easy to get in this game :\

As the size of the Xanthous Crown has diminished, so has its prestige. Tragic.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do I stop the Crystal Sage from being bugged? I've gotten it down to almost death and then it just stops taking damage

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Am I somehow missing the thing that lets you compare store items to what you have equipped? That used to be a thing didn't it?

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
It's not bugged, you're missing something. Pay attention to the ones that take no damage.

Edit: right joystick press does it on xbox. Also a neat thing is left joystick sorts inventory.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Heads up for people looking to trade items with the crow, you can bypass the Tower Key by jumping at an angle off of the white tree in front of the locked tower and onto the roof of the shrine. There's a second nest in the rafters, and there's also an Estus Shard up there. There are still some very good items that you can't get without the key, but being able to trade from the moment you step into Firelink is kinda nice if you don't want to save up that many souls early in the game.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GodspeedSphere posted:

It's not bugged, you're missing something. Pay attention to the ones that take no damage.

No, I'm not there's only one left and it doesn't take damage. Spell it out for me please.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Only chase the Sage that fires the blue magics. Dark damage magics come from his clones. I've always been able to press him as soon as he does the clones and get him in two cycles.

If that doesn't help you may be hosed.

Edit: I'm stumped then. Check a youtube video maybe?

GodspeedSphere fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 13, 2016

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok, there are 0 clones. Just 1 character. A singular invulnerable model.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

kater posted:

Am I somehow missing the thing that lets you compare store items to what you have equipped? That used to be a thing didn't it?

It has never been a thing. It was equally frustrating in DaS2.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

GodspeedSphere posted:

Only chase the Sage that fires the blue magics. Dark damage magics come from his clones. I've always been able to press him as soon as he does the clones and get him in two cycles.

If that doesn't help you may be hosed.

Other way around, actually. The real sage uses purple magic, all the clones use blue. That being said, you still probably want to kill the clones because they do almost as much damage and they spam spells like crazy.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You attack the tree's literal nutsack to do damage. How nasty is that.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a bug, it may be when you summon I don't know for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPbYMCRV17s

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

a lot of people are having that feel when no gf, apparently.

lol this was me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I was doing something wrong. That Deacon Squad beat my rear end left and right for like an hour. Mostly because I'd get severely punished for wanting to move in and hit stuff with my sword. Heaven forbid.

Playing a knight with the default gear. Should my longsword+2 be higher by now? I'm seriously not finding any titanite and it's driving me nuts that I can't upgrade much of anything yet.