Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

3 pages of arguing about if there is an argument happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Hamilton buys gaudy planes, Rosberg flies himself to the race.

Nico Rosberg 2016 MWDC

https://www.facebook.com/nicorosberg/videos/vb.11459059873/10154146821539874/?type=2&theater

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Obviously Nikki has been in his ear.

Calling Mercedes preferential treatment for Rosberg in 2016 now.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

1500quidporsche posted:

Either way its done. Me and Wicka sorted it and we're best buds now.

be nice wicka posted:

ilu 1500q xoxo

This is a weird abusive/loving relationship. Will they? Won't they? We're all staying tuned.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
All I can say is...hurry up and start the race.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
So I have several F1-related books that I'm offering to you goons if you want them:

Anyone who emails me at krushgroove169@gmail.com gets first crack at the whichever ones you want, just pay postage and one or all of them are yours. Most of these are gifts from the secret santa thing a while back and I've read them all but they're all in great condition. I'm in the UK so postage outside the UK will be a bit expensive, but if you want 'em you can have 'em.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dubs posted:

To save my sanity I shortened wikas name to blocked.

for the last time: you are complaining about a problem that you're going out of your way to cause. don't make dumb posts like this and poof we no longer have any problems.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

be nice wicka posted:

for the last time: you are complaining about a problem that you're going out of your way to cause. don't make dumb posts like this and poof we no longer have any problems.

to be fair, you could also ignore/block these posts/users and poof you no longer have a problem

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

krushgroove posted:

to be fair, you could also ignore/block these posts/users and poof you no longer have a problem

i can't ignore all of the 1000 posters who melt down over my posts and don't bat an eye when other posters say the the same things. it says a lot that people went out of their way to change the topic and yet here we are, people keep bringing it up over and over, and they wonder why we keep getting into these situations. it boggles the mind.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I think its a generational thing to be honest. I was 24 in 1994 when I first discovered the internet and not long after that it was really starting to be pushed a a viable source of information... if you could get onto it. This was new to us, and was generally used at first as a bit of a laugh with people from both sides of the waters and borders basically using it to be like 'lol Yanks are fat' kind of poo poo.
The internet to me is still that funny place where I can have a laugh. I neither hate or dislike anybody on these forums as I do not take any of you seriously as your just anonymous entities occasionaly posting things of similer intesrest to myself. There is literally nothing you can say that would upset me me enough to be angry, these forums make me smile everyday.

Now there is I feel a whole generation that has being bought up online with the internet as a major infuence on their lives, and with social sites and forums such as these I think this generation treats the internet as a far more serious place than I do or others who saw it appear in the 90's. To us its a laugh, to the next generation its a form of communication thats instills the exact same responses and emotions as face to face communication.

Looking forward to China this weekend

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i appreciate the effort, i genuinely do, but it doesn't jive with you clearly being angry and flipping out at everything i write, then wondering why i get defensive when you make it personal every time i post two words. you can't backpedal that easily.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is wicka a millennial like Max Verstappen? Is that why they both get so upset when things don't go their way?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is wicka a millennial like Max Verstappen? Is that why they both get so upset when things don't go their way?

see? why is this necessary? why can't you just drop it? you people are obsessed

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Let's put it this way: you had your name changed to "be nice wicka" because you're a sensitive little snowflake who lashes out at everyone for perceived slights.

I am also with Myrddin. I am just having a laugh. 1998 internet crew represent.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Riso posted:

Let's put it this way: you had your name changed to "be nice wicka" because you're a sensitive little snowflake who lashes out at everyone for perceived slights.

I am also with Myrddin. I am just having a laugh. 1998 internet crew represent.

"perceived" lol

again, you cannot backpedal so easily. you respond to my posts differently to anyone else and you are somehow surprised when i respond in kind. you sit and complain about derails you are exclusively responsible for starting. i've said it a thousand million times: if you don't like it, just stop! just stop behaving the way you behave and watch as this thread magically gets a million times better overnight.

this is a discussion forum. people constantly have discussions here, that's the entire point, and yet why i am involved you run to say "ugh why is wicka arguing over nothing again." just don't make it about me anymore and we're all fine. easy.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
All I am saying is be nice, be nice wicka.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I usually agree with most of the points you are making, but do you really need to turn every point into a multi page fight?

You respond to people telling you to not flip out, by flipping out. Usually by saying 'no its you'

Guess what, it is you :ssh:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Riso posted:

All I am saying is be nice, be nice wicka.

you first.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

I usually agree with most of the points you are making, but do you really need to turn every point into a multi page fight?

You respond to people telling you to not flip out, by flipping out. Usually by saying 'no its you'

Guess what, it is you :ssh:

lol dude, we would not be having this conversation right now if people had stopped posting about me

e: would it be easier if will smith explained it to you? "don't start nothing, won't be nothing"

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
sure is quiet now

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
:yikes:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Replying angrily to every single comment certainly doesn't help anyone develop any softer feelings towards you, dude. Just...let that poo poo go.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Replying angrily to every single comment certainly doesn't help anyone develop any softer feelings towards you, dude. Just...let that poo poo go.

that is not the cause, that is the effect of others replying angrily to everything I post. if you want this to stop, go ahead and stop talking about it.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Hell, I like Wicka. I just use these forums to get an aggregate of any F1 news that I'd miss on a daily basis and to hear funny opinions of like minded fans. Most of the intense discussions just pass right over me.

How bout that Alonso huh? What a good looking man!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

be nice wicka posted:

that is not the cause, that is the effect of others replying angrily to everything I post. if you want this to stop, go ahead and stop talking about it.

I'm not the one that is taking offense at anything directed at you, so it's not on me to stop it. You don't have to reply every single time someone mentions you or directs a post at you. You don't have to demand that people stop posting about/to you - well, you can but they don't have to listen to you. You are free to ignore those posts, or put those users on Ignore. If the other posters won't do what you seem to be asking, that's on YOU.

This is the first time I've commented on this, and it'll be the last. Unless you bring it up again.

aequalis posted:

Hell, I like Wicka. I just use these forums to get an aggregate of any F1 news that I'd miss on a daily basis and to hear funny opinions of like minded fans. Most of the intense discussions just pass right over me.

I like Wicka too - I like pretty much all of the posters here. I wish some like Kade and that cool guy that made the awesome steering wheel mod for sim racing posted more, though. And yeah, Alonso's pretty smokin'

Does no one want my books? :(

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Apr 13, 2016

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

aequalis posted:

Doesn't look likely that he'll pass the physical test for China. :(

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

aequalis posted:

This is what pains me. The two most handsome and likeable drivers are on the saddest most hopeless team.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

This is what pains me. The two most handsome and likeable drivers are on the saddest most hopeless team.

Ummm Scuderia Ferrari are not the most hopeless team!

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

*Reads the last few pages*

:yikes:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

krushgroove posted:

I would take all but Senna v. Prost (already have it) but alas I am in the US and poor.

Also, currently reading The Limit: Life and Death on the 1961 Grand Prix Circuit. Gotta return it to the library by Monday, though.

Also, my F1-related (plus my only other motorsports-related) BluRay collection:

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 13, 2016

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dubs posted:

To save my sanity I shortened wikas name to blocked.

Dishonourable.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So Alonso still isn't sure about China, I wouldn't mind seeing Vandoorne in the seat once again.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

krushgroove posted:

any idea how much shipping to the US would be? it might outweigh the cost of the book and make it not worth it, especially since there are plenty of posters in the UK who could take em.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Alonso might as well just take a sabbatical.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Speaking of f1 books is cojawfee still knocking round the thread?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Rosberg getting a bit feisty there.

https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/720247117424537600

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016

Why does that look like a terrible collage?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

krushgroove posted:

I'm not the one that is taking offense at anything directed at you, so it's not on me to stop it. You don't have to reply every single time someone mentions you or directs a post at you. You don't have to demand that people stop posting about/to you - well, you can but they don't have to listen to you. You are free to ignore those posts, or put those users on Ignore. If the other posters won't do what you seem to be asking, that's on YOU.

This is the first time I've commented on this, and it'll be the last. Unless you bring it up again.

I like Wicka too - I like pretty much all of the posters here. I wish some like Kade and that cool guy that made the awesome steering wheel mod for sim racing posted more, though. And yeah, Alonso's pretty smokin'

How much do the books weigh? My in laws are coming here from Leicester, so I might get them to being them for me.

Otherwise, let me know how much shipping will be to British Columbia. I will take all of them.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
is Lewis really wearing a hat with the word "prosperity" on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

You know im going to say it dont you but oh my god, Their Lewis <insert perceived to be as racist, homophobic, misogynist, sexist rant here> and thats all i have to say about that!

• Locked thread