Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I see that the inmates are finally running the asylum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mistle posted:

For its age, Recettear has aged rather well. It was all coded by one guy and he apparently was really helpful with the localized version. It runs incredibly well unless you have a big system-wide issue(like not being able to run win32 at all), it should have no issue, though with steam refunds technical application failure is made painless by getting your money back.

You could do worse with your money, is what I'm saying. And if "Moonlighter" wants to be some kind of spiritual successor, it has a considerable climb to make.

Recettear was fun but the dungeon crawling and item crafting was the worst kind of tedious grinding, where if you wanted to make higher-level items to sell you would have to grind piles of rare items that only some enemies dropped some of the time on a few specific floors of each randomized interchangeable dungeon.

Also despite the premise seeming to be satirical or at least tongue-in-cheek it's mostly just a dull generic anime fantasy world played disappointingly straight with a few Disgaea-ish item descriptions for humor.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

Recettear was fun but the dungeon crawling and item crafting was the worst kind of tedious grinding, where if you wanted to make higher-level items to sell you would have to grind piles of rare items that only some enemies dropped some of the time on a few specific floors of each randomized interchangeable dungeon.

Also despite the premise seeming to be satirical or at least tongue-in-cheek it's mostly just a dull generic anime fantasy world played disappointingly straight with a few Disgaea-ish item descriptions for humor.

I completely forgot about the itemgrind, it's honestly been ages since I sat down and played it. But in my defense, the game worked, bugs were rare(if at all), and the controls were responsive. I think the only other poo poo thing about the game is art lady breaking your fat merchant combo with the best item in stock.

For an 08(?) game if also had endless mode, in case you wanted your disgaea-esque grinding to go until you fail

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm posting from my wii u because my phone is dead

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

i'm posting from my wii u because my phone is dead

:rip:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

thank you

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Had to work so I wasn't here to receive my day 1 delivery of Dark Souls 3.

Gotta wait until tomorrow. Sucks!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

playing the new ratchet and clank alongside dark souls 3 and ratchet sounds unnervingly similar to yosuke

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Broseph Brostar posted:

Still not as weird as that yokai watch bit

RUBBING!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember when Brock was thirsty for every single woman ever in that show

Is Brock still in the show

Is he still thirsty

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FirstAidKite posted:

Is he still thirsty

stay thirsty, my pokefriends

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mistle posted:

I completely forgot about the itemgrind, it's honestly been ages since I sat down and played it. But in my defense, the game worked, bugs were rare(if at all), and the controls were responsive. I think the only other poo poo thing about the game is art lady breaking your fat merchant combo with the best item in stock.

For an 08(?) game if also had endless mode, in case you wanted your disgaea-esque grinding to go until you fail

They actually patched it after release to be less demanding, but it's still ridonkulous.

I still enjoyed it, thought. It was just a cute, chill game assuming you didn't care about the postgame content or min/maxing.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Man, the Gears of War 4 trailer is pretty stuck up its rear end. It was kind of silly back when they did the Mad World one, but I think it was kind of novel at the time? Now it's like...gently caress you, the Disturbed cover of Sound of Silence sucks rear end in a top hat

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

im home from the phillies game they won go phils now its time to play video games

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I did not get a chance to play Dark Souls 3 tonight :( but I will play it tomorrow!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

PantsBandit posted:

I did not get a chance to play Dark Souls 3 tonight :( but I will play it tomorrow!

Same. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DS3 is cool but I'm lolling at the colour discussion earlier because so far it's just been a series of big grey areas. I know it's going for an 'ash' aesthetic but come on.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
maybe they need to "git gud" at colorful art design

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

How can I ever be taken seriously as a gamer if my entire Steam collection isn't washed out grimdark poo poo.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
we've all had a good laugh. now let's be serious: dark souls 3 is pretty... pretty good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All the cliff side paths are genuinely giving me vertigo, which I don't even get in real life.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I don't really want to play dark stools but it's the only goddamn thing goons are posting about.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ignore the forums and play whatever you like instead?

I'm going to take a break to finish the last campaign (Ada) in RE 6 today.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That's probably a smart idea but I just got a new graphics card and it's the only next-gen looking game out for a while. Conspicuous consumption at its finest.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you haven't played it/don't hate the idea the new Tomb Raider game looks gorgeous on a good video card.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I got the new Tomb Raider and I loved it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

thanks it was wild star

what was bad about wild star anyway

I was kinda hyped for it cause it seemed like they were aiming for more action-orientated combat and giving you extra options for professions so you could tailor it to how you played. Along with your own floating house you could freely customize it looked pretty fun.

Then I tried the beta, the last beta before release specifically. It was like playing a super dumb grindy F2P korean MMO with combat that had zero heft to it. I honestly shouldn't have expected combat to be responsive for a MMO. Areas still had that "fake" feeling MMOs have. Quests felt super static dialogue wise and as normal were dull as dishwater give me 10 bear asses.

I didn't shell out for the full version. I wasn't going to have a repeat performance of FFXIV.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

playing the new ratchet and clank
Is it good? I don't have a PS4.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

FirstAidKite posted:

Is he still thirsty

He's currently having butt stuff done to him by a one-boobed Amazon.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

FirstAidKite posted:

Is he still thirsty

He stopped being part of the main cast after the Diamond/Pearl anime. Cilan for Black/White and Clemont for X/Y fill his role.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm having a lot of fun with Dark Souls III, I hope this is permitted

One particular enemy type was giving me tons of trouble: killing me before I even had a chance to bring them to half their health. But now I'm able to kill them with ease, without getting hit once, with the same loadout as before. This is a good feeling. What a time to be alive

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

exquisite tea posted:

That's probably a smart idea but I just got a new graphics card and it's the only next-gen looking game out for a while. Conspicuous consumption at its finest.

did you play the witcher 3 ?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is it good? I don't have a PS4.

It's a Ratchet and Clank game but even prettier. I made a tank moonwalk in it. A good game.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

exquisite tea posted:

I don't really want to play dark stools but it's the only goddamn thing goons are posting about.

Until people start buying and playing Dark Souls 3 just to complain about how terrible it is in every thread it's an improvement over when Fallout 4 came out.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Voidburger mentioned that whole thing with Tobuscus a few days ago and the post had mentioned he actually had a toy from that line of Collectable YouTuber toys for Kids.

Seems the company behind them are (rightfully) scrubbing anything relating them to him officially.

They aren't the only ones I guess, I tried seeing if anyone had any unboxings of the figure and all I could find was this now private video . Makes me think at least it wasn't such a good idea to start making toys out of YouTubers in the first place? I mean maybe it was a good idea because the line in general is probably selling really well but then when stuff like this happens it suddenly becomes very uncomfortable.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Making toys out of actual real people always seemed like an awful idea because people are terrible.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My animes will never let me down like real people do

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don't they work like voodoo dolls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Sakurazuka posted:

Making toys out of actual real people always seemed like an awful idea because people are terrible.

True, but like I realized there's an untold number of action figures/dolls of athletes from over the decades so I guess this is just an evolution of that.

Y'know there's adults now who probably had the official O.J. Simpson Doll from way back in the day.

• Locked thread