Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I effortlessly dispatch Spiders with all kinds of bladed weapons.

Also, lol, you get invaded by Alva, the knight from Dark Souls 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

IDK. Im just frustrated because I want to get the infinite eye orb but I didnt even get a slight chance of killing anyone.

talk to the shady dude hanging out by the thrones, he'll set you on your way toward the red eye orb

edit: if you need a pale tongue, there'll be one hanging on a corpse near the first fire demon you see

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

They really outdid themselves with gestures. Some of them (like cheers) even have second parts if you hit X while in the pose

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the swamp kind of sucks but I've lit all the torches so I can get out of it now

meeting a random Black Knight was kind of weird and he kicked my rear end lol. what is going on in this game..... im so excited to see whats around every corner

I haven't played DS2 but this is a chill swamp compared to Blighttown and even Valley of Defilement, even with those rear end in a top hat goat dudes who goomba stomp you and get buffed off your blood.

seeing returning enemies is like catching up with old friends in this game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

I haven't played DS2 but this is a chill swamp compared to Blighttown and even Valley of Defilement, even with those rear end in a top hat goat dudes who goomba stomp you and get buffed off your blood.

seeing returning enemies is like catching up with old friends in this game.
I like the part in Road of Sacrifices but the part around Farron Keep with the torches isn't very good... I liked Blighttown though.

Also does anyone else feel like the game is really stingy with souls and upgrade materials? I kind of like that though because I know when I replay I'm going to be zooming about grabbing all this poo poo that I didn't know existed here, at this point

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what dex weapons are ppl using? I'm still using the Uchi but thats boring

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Twinblade is cool. I also upgraded my bandits knife to plus three poison and made my caestus sharp.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

was having fun w/ the estoc, then got the warden twinblades and tried out bleed damage, and now i have a barbed straight sword with a sharp gem in it. offhand notched whip sometimes but thats just for kicks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm using the one you can buy off the lady in Firelink, +2. I have a sharp gem but Andre can't use it so I guess I have to find another blacksmith

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

One of the corners of the swamp has a mound of piled up mushroom people bodies.

I just found this too plus the wolf bonfire. the swamp is so huge and open that I missed so much poo poo on my way to the boss. very good swamp level, 10/10

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

I'm using the one you can buy off the lady in Firelink, +2. I have a sharp gem but Andre can't use it so I guess I have to find another blacksmith

I think you need to find the right coal to give to Andre and he can forge it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Enter Work On 3 Hours Sleep Cycle... ACTIVATE!

haha i wanna die

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't decide between Longsword or the Ithitytytlhgthlrkhgf Straight Sword that the frost dog-knight guy guarding the first bonfire in Path of Sacrifice dropped. I guess the Straight Sword has the frostbite and much longer reach. Then again once I get enough titanite to take the Longsword to +3 it's gonna start to outclass the straight sword

I could keep using my claymore I guess but the slowness is really starting to piss me off now that a lot of enemies aren't even staggered by it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

If you've been thoroughly exploring you might already have what you need, check your inventory

Those guys with the sharp sticks in the swamp are loving obnoxious

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Happy Birthday Pablo, from all of us in Parquet Courts!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

If you've been thoroughly exploring you might already have what you need, check your inventory

Those guys with the sharp sticks in the swamp are loving obnoxious

I think I did a pretty good sweep of the first area, including the area under the dragon that I figured had something cool in it, so maybe I do.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hahaha I'm driving to work so exhausted. Haven't had to exercise from the game lately but I ended up only sleeping 2 hours

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, and I'm posting whilst driving

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Off Topic: this game has Demon Souls feels ❤️❤️❤️❤️

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've been trying to manfight the hollow that becomes a snakebeast like Gundyr and I can't.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

i like how the game drops a shitload of cool weapons for you right at the start. a few hours in and I'm already having to decide between a badass spear, a badass scythe, badass punching gloves, a badass whip or badass axe.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Lmfao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Hahaha I'm driving to work so exhausted. Haven't had to exercise from the game lately but I ended up only sleeping 2 hours

Black Baby Goku walking home from a ten car pile up completely unharmed: I wonder what that fag Larrys doing right now. Cha-Ching! HAhahahaghahahHA

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone. My parents are taking me out to dinner tonight after work and DSIII will commence immediately as soon as I get home.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

net cafe scandal posted:

Black Baby Goku walking home from a ten car pile up completely unharmed: I wonder what that fag Larrys doing right now. Cha-Ching! HAhahahaghahahHA

Lmao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

Lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Honestly though I stopped at 7/11 this morning and Larry was getting yelled at by Muhammad for not cleaning up all the slurpee juice a group of rowdy kids spilled on the floor before school

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I dreamed about this game last night

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Easy Vendor Upgrade Guide:
(These aren't spoilers they literally tell you this if you hit talk)

Blacksmith: [name] Coal items
Hag: [name] Ashes items
Faith: [name] Braille Tome
Mage: [name] Scrolls
Pyro: Izalith [something]
Fire Keeper: Fire Keeper Souls
Greirat: Successful thieving missions

I'm probably missing something

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I dreamed about this game last night

that wasnt a dream, dark souls 3 is really out and you are really playing it :wth:

Soral
May 30, 2009

it took me 7 years of training but i was finally able to defeat a crab. i got a ring from it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did you hit the weak point for massive damage

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Easy way to get Embers; invade in the Irrithyl dungeon.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i shant be doing any invading. a woman who appeared in firelink earlier told me i have a gentle soul and i do not wish to disappoint her. you can keep your embers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love to invade and kill people but I haven't done it yet because I want to explore more of the undead settlement before I think about using it as a battleground

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've been having good fun purpling. Sometimes it's nice to go against expectations and just help the host out... I hope purples remain a real wildcard and aren't just "those guys you summon if you want a fight"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've been having good fun purpling. Sometimes it's nice to go against expectations and just help the host out... I hope purples remain a real wildcard and aren't just "those guys you summon if you want a fight"

All the ones Ive summoned so far have been pretty vicious. That said I prefer summoning them to white phantoms

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I haven't seen any purple signs yet leading up to crab swamp, but I haven't been summoning anyone anyway. I've seen a ton of white signs and I've been getting summoned almost instantly when I put a sign down though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've been getting summoned less than expected... not that it takes long, but five minutes or so. I'm seeing less messages than I though t I would as well. maybe it's my connection.

Also (Farron Keep) I got summoned by a giant green pope called Geriatric Master and discovered you can backstab the Abyss Watchers, even the superpowered last one. I kept him backstabbed while looking after my man the Master, then we toasted each other goodbye. goty

• Locked thread