Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Can you get the to the bottom of the tower near where you find the Flynn's ring without dying when you jump down from the platform?
Yrs, just need enough up and healing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Genocyber posted:

Yrs, just need enough up and healing.

Is it like the other games where your equip weight increases fall damage?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The forest wolf covenant never summons me :(

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
So I am completely new to dark souls and apparently I just got invaded, which I assume means another player wants to fite me

How do I turn this off or preferably cheese my way out of ever having to meet another player in this game at any point

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

killstealing posted:

Same, even though the red eye orb works like instantly everywhere I use it.

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Xbox protip: Get a 7200 RPM external drive because holy poo poo it cut my load times in half. Haven't looked at a loading screen for longer than 10 seconds since.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Bohemian Nights posted:

So I am completely new to dark souls and apparently I just got invaded, which I assume means another player wants to fite me

How do I turn this off or preferably cheese my way out of ever having to meet another player in this game at any point

You can only be invaded when you're embered. If you're able to summon help, you're able to be invaded. So either run around unembered, or play totally offline.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

karn1635 posted:

I started as a Deprived. May have been a mistake. Deprived is game on "hard as gently caress mode."

Persevere, the knocks you get at the start will get you acclimated to the game. Once you get a weapon that isn't a table leg, and armor better than diapers, it's basically smooth sailing from there.

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

killstealing posted:

I really think they screwed up forest invasions in 1.02. They were nonstop at JP launch, but ever since 1.02 they're almost extinct.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Okay now the fire keeper wants 50 loving THOUSAND souls to cure my zombification? Is this a joke? Even boss souls give like 2k souls in this game. I'm not sure I've even gotten 50k total on my playthrough.

Please tell me there's another way? Do I have to farm for the rest of the week if I want to cure it?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I *get* invaded in the forest by wolf assholes, i just never get summoned

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Your Computer posted:

Okay now the fire keeper wants 50 loving THOUSAND souls to cure my zombification? Is this a joke? Even boss souls give like 2k souls in this game. I'm not sure I've even gotten 50k total on my playthrough.

Please tell me there's another way? Do I have to farm for the rest of the week if I want to cure it?

There's another way in the story

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

You can only be invaded when you're embered. If you're able to summon help, you're able to be invaded. So either run around unembered, or play totally offline.

Thanks, that is good to know

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
I get invaded there a lot but I'm not sure if that's the covenant summon or just members using a red eye. Using a red eye, you still show up as whatever covenant you're in, so maybe they're just REOing there, I've been invading there most of this morning.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
You need to be summoned to get swordgrass

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Is the channel hidden or something? I see a million The Division channels.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

chaos rhames posted:

Is that boss supposed to be fought as soon as you can reach him?

Well, you can't really move beyond him without beating the cathedral of the deep boss first, but your not really likely to find any tools that will make the catacombs boss easier in there so...

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

killstealing posted:

There's another way in the story

A way beside purging stones and curing it? How far into the game?

This is honestly putting a damper on my fun and if I can't do anything about it until the game is halfway completed or something I'm gonna be pretty sad.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ignimbrite posted:

Managed to grab a greataxe off one of those tall undead, it is preceding to own face against everything I throw it against

how good is it at knocking things over? i got a lucky drop right at the start of the game but i'm using the large club since i have the stats for it. hitting the dogs and watching them go flying is really satisfying

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Your Computer posted:

Uhh I just farmed like 8k souls in a couple runs farming the Lothric Knight at the Wall. 2x spear dudes, 1 archer, 3x red Lothric Knights, 1x blue Lothric Knight.

Also my DS4 R1 button keeps getting physically stuck making me die more often than I'd like. Already tried cleaning it out to no avail. :sigh: Guess I'll have to pick up another controller...

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Anything it doesn't kill in one hit will typically get squashed into the ground fairly effectively unless it's a big mob.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Honestly, though, the multiplayer features are a big part of what makes this game special. Summon some bros and join the Way of Blue is a much more fun way of dealing with them if you must cheese.

Besides, you won't lose anything that isn't irrecoverable if you die anyway: pick up your souls and kill a player or boss via invasion or coop and you're back in action. Do those things in the name of a covenant for extra goodies for your trouble.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Your Computer posted:

A way beside purging stones and curing it? How far into the game?

This is honestly putting a damper on my fun and if I can't do anything about it until the game is halfway completed or something I'm gonna be pretty sad.

If your issue is fashion, you can also buy the ring from the same lady that sells the purging stones that makes you look unhollow. That way you don't have to keep buying stones.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Only got to play a little bit last night but man - it feels good to be home. :D So much to learn as I kept away from EVERYTHING except the trailer/opening. No idea what being embered entails unless it's just cosmetic (or sharing the benefits of being alive (summoning)). First boss was cool - almost 1shot - but didn't expect easyness. And the dread is back, bigger than Bloodborne I feel - something about the scale in Dark Souls.

How is the interconectivity of the world? Did they improve upon that?

Also, I love how no matter how skilled you are at these games - you still feel like a weakling at the start. Can't wait to sink my teeth into the game this weekend.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So is anyone else not real super impressed with this game's iteration of the Large/Huge club? I'm not pancaking regular enemies and startup animation for some of the attacks may as well come with a written invitation to hit you first. It's hard to make it work when the enemies are much quicker and more aggressive than the previous games.

I should get the butcher's knife this evening, I'll try that out and see if I have any better luck with a faster heavy +str weapon.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Groovelord Neato posted:

good. it is better than every game in both series put together.

It's stunning how much better than BB this is.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

RBA Starblade posted:

I don't think he was referencing the Souls series. And how dare you -- Bloodborne was a masterpiece.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

DeathSandwich posted:

So is anyone else not real super impressed with this game's iteration of the Large/Huge club? I'm not pancaking regular enemies and startup animation for some of the attacks may as well come with a written invitation to hit you first. It's hard to make it work when the enemies are much quicker and more aggressive than the previous games.

I should get the butcher's knife this evening, I'll try that out and see if I have any better luck with a faster heavy +str weapon.

I'm not a big fan but its the biggest weapon I've got that I can use

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

voltron lion force posted:

If your issue is fashion, you can also buy the ring from the same lady that sells the purging stones that makes you look unhollow. That way you don't have to keep buying stones.

The hollowing doesn't really have any negative effects, so my issue is indeed purely fashion. It sucks having to take up a permanent ring slot though. 4500 for a stone is insane compared to the relative price and rarity of humanities and effigies :(

Etrips posted:

Uhh I just farmed like 8k souls in a couple runs farming the Lothric Knight at the Wall. 2x spear dudes, 1 archer, 3x red Lothric Knights, 1x blue Lothric Knight.

Even with the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring the blue guys only give like 240 Souls, which means a lot of farming. I got over a thousand from the blue one though , so perhaps I'll farm here after all. Considering how much every other enemy in the game drops, including far more dangerous enemies, I almost have to wonder if his drop is unintended. Perhaps someone put an extra "0" somewhere?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bohemian Nights posted:

Join the Way of the Blue covenant so that I and other Blue Sentinels like me can be automatically summoned to protect your soft plush like babby flesh from invaders.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The only thing you can dow ith Boss Souls is have Little Ludleth transpose them right.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Meatsicle posted:

I really think they screwed up forest invasions in 1.02. They were nonstop at JP launch, but ever since 1.02 they're almost extinct.
I was getting them consistently last night (sooooo much fun) every few minutes, but at one point they dried up for a solid hour. They seemed to happen more often when I'd transition between areas or hang out near the Farron Keep bonfire, rather than progressing through a single area.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I'm not sure what it is, but the game is performing much better for me than it was the other day. It's not at 60fps, but it's definitely playable; and holy poo poo does this game look amazing.

I've got an i5 2500k, 8GB, GTX 560Ti 448. Was about to pull the trigger on a 970, but maybe I'll wait a bit for a sale price drop.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

RBA Starblade posted:

I had to fiddle with some things to get it to not overheat my Big Boy cpu, so idk. I'm not too concerned either way, it plays perfectly on the regular monitor. Mostly I'm just annoyed at how little poise I have and how much poise everything else in the game has. Even using the claymore's stomp isn't enough to get an attack off if they already are. :argh:

Still not sure how to deal with pvpers who just roll and circle strafe either. Most weapons are too slow to catch up compared to DS1 and 2.

I meant the settings on your TV :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RBA Starblade posted:

Honestly I'm finding it kind of boring after how fast paced BB was

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Man, I'm not sure if I'm happy or frustrated that the corpse-dogs go flying if you hit them with a big enough weapon/enough poise damage. On one hand, gently caress OFF DOG! On the other hand, these are spastic souls dogs and the last thing you want is for them to go flying out of your range unless they're dead.

I'll admit I did laugh pretty hard when I knocked one through a seam in the world geometry last night and watched the health bar marking its progress falling to its death.

Anyways, hope a new patch will come soon that will stop the game from devouring my computer's processor.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I want to stun lock them to death not play baseball with them.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
The great scythe is really cool you guys. I made it sharp, its two-hander move set is really good, and it's got great reach. I've nailed more than a few invaders at the tail end of their dodge with it and maybe I'm just imagining it, but they seem to be wary of me when I advance on them. Don't know how many are using it over the katana or other popular weapons right now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Panty Saluter posted:

I meant the settings on your TV :v:

Oh right lmao :haw:

Yeah I might tool around if I use it again, but it's really there for movie-watching and youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Karanas posted:

The great scythe is really cool you guys. I made it sharp, its two-hander move set is really good, and it's got great reach. I've nailed more than a few invaders at the tail end of their dodge with it and maybe I'm just imagining it, but they seem to be wary of me when I advance on them. Don't know how many are using it over the katana or other popular weapons right now.

I gotta find this as I was disappointed you can only get this weapon AFTER beating Bloodborne.

Is this weapon deep into the game?