Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!

CrashCat posted:

If you only don't quit you'll still be better than some :ssh:

Until you get a big enough bankroll to be some sort of trade house wrangler there's not a lot of options to be good or bad at anyway, so just try to observe things and get a feel for what's valuable and important.

My shop thing is currently rank D, how do I increase it? Adding stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

Klungar posted:

Could you maybe look to see what achievement this is? Looking on the wiki, the highest reward I see is 5M for having 50M. Nothing else seems to come close.

Hmm, I may have been in a gem induced haze, and conflated the money from gold key selling (and finally hitting 100m) around that time. Either way, do the cheevos for quick cash.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Dragongem posted:

I would have sworn net worth did include city investments, but I just tested it and that's true I guess. And they actually put the net worth cap I think in a large part to avoid gem funneling into gold very early.

The quickest way to improve net worth would be to put it into your shop. Easiest way to increase net worth outside of upgrading might be to buy decorations, though you would be mostly wasting money unless you hadn't gotten the achievements yet :v:

So decorations don't bump your net worth either apparently. I just put a mil into them, no movement on my number.

I guess it's just a function of sales and upgrading buildings and not much else.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
It's possible there's a delay/slow cache on the net worth value. I know the city ranking takes some time to update when someone is kicked.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sirbloody posted:

My shop thing is currently rank D, how do I increase it? Adding stuff?
That's your city investment contribution, don't worry about it until you're much closer to the highest people in your city.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
Yeah, there's definitely a delay on the net worth number, and donating to the city does add to your net worth.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Any big goon cities I can join?

uther#80674

FireDooley
Apr 30, 2013
Just started this, seems fun! If anyone has room in their city: blue eats larb#43560.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Edit: nm.

Added you both.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

would do an invite, i'm level 10 right now
tyrs#57787

FireDooley
Apr 30, 2013
Thanks! It says I have to wait a few hours since I joined a public one, but I will accept when I can.

Tinyn
Jan 10, 2003

Looking to join a goon city. Tinyn , tinyn#29559 , L26

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Invited tinyn and tyrs

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Telex posted:

So decorations don't bump your net worth either apparently. I just put a mil into them, no movement on my number.

I guess it's just a function of sales and upgrading buildings and not much else.

You're serious? Blah, sorry about that. I couldn't find anything on the wiki or spreadsheet what exactly goes into net worth. I must've missed it?

Eminai posted:

Yeah, there's definitely a delay on the net worth number, and donating to the city does add to your net worth.

Is there anywhere that defines what exactly goes into net worth? To be honest I never actually cared about that number so I never figured out what it was. I'll add it if someone figures it out :v:

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Dragongem posted:

You're serious? Blah, sorry about that. I couldn't find anything on the wiki or spreadsheet what exactly goes into net worth. I must've missed it?

Is there anywhere that defines what exactly goes into net worth? To be honest I never actually cared about that number so I never figured out what it was. I'll add it if someone figures it out :v:

Well, I've found out that if you restart the game, it updates your net worth, but does not seem to do it with any regularity until you do. (just tested, it bumped me up to almost 100m after I did the 25 and 50m upgrades to the store)

things I can confirm:

Upgrades to the store
Investments to the city
Upgrades to things inside your store
some function related to how much you buy/sell things for that is probably related to the value of the item minus the cost of making it? (that part's a bit unclear but it goes up at least)

decorations don't, buying characters doesn't, cash on hand does not matter, buying and selling from the trade house doesn't increase your net worth either. So you can't just spend 10m on a legendary thing and flip it for the same amount to just hard pump your net worth, but there may be some function involved in giving you net worth based on how much you profit when you sell on the trade house I'm not real sure.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
http://forum.shopheroes.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6066&sid=5a963f2306b8269f083573537d60c8fe

Small patch for a ton of fixes.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

quote:

Added a logo to distinguish WebGL build (That way you know which version you are on!) Remember, we recommend WebPlayer for a smoother experience.

Wow that's a bit vague.

Is the WebGL build the same as the WebPlayer or are they the two different versions?
What is the logo we should be looking for?
How do we switch between them?

Also the IOS version update is out now.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

quote:

Added different bags for Daily Goal streaks scaling with Shopkeeper level (25 for Mysterious and 35 for Wondrous)

Dammit, looks like I should level to 35 now.

quote:

Fixed Fusion sounds going through volume settings

Thank god.

quote:

Fixed the initial loading waiting for all furniture to have appeared before being able to play

It would be nice if they could just cache all the assets.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

~Coxy posted:

Wow that's a bit vague.

Is the WebGL build the same as the WebPlayer or are they the two different versions?
What is the logo we should be looking for?
How do we switch between them?

Also the IOS version update is out now.

Bottom right on the screen is where the WebGL logo will be, above the version number, when the game is loading. Webplayer is something I think you can download as a browser extension to optimize Unity, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with Chrome, so I haven't had a chance to try it.

glickeroo
Nov 2, 2004

Thought I'd share a tip that helped me organize my shop upgrades.

I put all my bins/workshops in lines depending on how much time it took to upgrade them. That way I would know if I only had a few minutes to play I should upgrade some of my longer items, but if I would play for an hour I could upgrade several smaller things.

My flow would be select the item, move it to the next level and click upgrade. If I was feeling extra organized I would move the last element to the hole the previous one occupied.

Or just upgrade whatever whenever if you aren't a min/maxer. I'll make my shop pretty when I'm done upgrading (never).

edit: this also comes with the knowledge from CrashCat that you could click the resource list on the right to gather.

glickeroo fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 13, 2016

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Does anyone else play this through Facebook in Chrome? I haven't been able to load it for the past two days because of Java errors, just wondering if it is just me or affecting others as well.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
So am I supposed to focus on like one item type (weapons, armor, etc) or do you just sort of make everything?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Why is this game fun also why does is completely destroy my battery life

e; Additionally, if I've donated to a city then leave it, will my personal city be level 1 everything still? Should I just not worry about it and join a goon commune?

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 13, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Klungar posted:

Does anyone else play this through Facebook in Chrome? I haven't been able to load it for the past two days because of Java errors, just wondering if it is just me or affecting others as well.

I almost always have to reload it a couple times between OOM and maximum call stack errors as well has having to restart it once in a while due to the same thing

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

If you've been in whatever city for more than 10 days, any donations you made will accompany you to your newer, goonier home.

Also, yes, do always join a goontown.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Bad Munki posted:

If you've been in whatever city for more than 10 days, any donations you made will accompany you to your newer, goonier home.

Also, yes, do always join a goontown.

I'll wait for the 10 days to pass then, I think I'm 6 or so in already.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Otherwise, depending on how much you've actually contributed, you losing the investment of 100k or whatever you've put in will not even matter compared to the kajillion dollars already invested in Xtanstic or Murderville or wherever.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

just because I'm not sure I totally get the crafting here...

on workers, skill points (ie woodworking) determines how fast it crafts ,and the mastery skill determines quality upgrades so how far should I be bothering on the mastery?

Upgrading the work stations lets you actually use the max of your points so when I have a guy at 75/60 woodworking, those 15 over 60 are totally useless and I should be pumping mastery instead at that point until I start upgrading my workstations right?

It's starting to be a slog on crafting, stuff is taking 15m+ and I think it's because I've been barely upgrading the workstations in favor of the resource buckets.

Do you ever get the ability to upgrade two things at once?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Telex posted:

Yeah, gems. :v:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Just started playing, can I get a city invite? totheteeth#35971

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

These leather keys I been acquiring I should be selling on the request tab for gold right?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Skyl3lazer posted:

I'll wait for the 10 days to pass then, I think I'm 6 or so in already.
If you're under level 20 or so, don't even bother waiting, your investments aren't going to compare to what the goontowns have paid in.

Telex posted:

on workers, skill points (ie woodworking) determines how fast it crafts ,and the mastery skill determines quality upgrades so how far should I be bothering on the mastery?

Upgrading the work stations lets you actually use the max of your points so when I have a guy at 75/60 woodworking, those 15 over 60 are totally useless and I should be pumping mastery instead at that point until I start upgrading my workstations right?

It's starting to be a slog on crafting, stuff is taking 15m+ and I think it's because I've been barely upgrading the workstations in favor of the resource buckets.

1) Mastery should be what you primarily put points in once you have crafting times where you like them or the diminishing returns for craft skill points have gotten too high. There is no public knowledge of the Mastery formula but currently there's no indication you shouldn't have as much of it as possible. We don't know if there are diminishing returns on Mastery since nobody has been insane enough to collect enough sample data to crack that progression.

2) Yes, any excess over the workbench is ignored. If you're not going to upgrade your benches for a while, consider respeccing to only be at your bench limit when you have the money and putting the rest into Mastery (and one skill because the maximum has to match).

3) My crafting times are up to just under 2 hours for some higher items, but they also give a lot more money for trading off Greats or better, and my diminishing returns for crafting points are pretty bad at this point.

4) Nope, though I have never tried Upgrade Instantly with gems which might skip it. That would also be a real waste of gems though

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sirbloody posted:

These leather keys I been acquiring I should be selling on the request tab for gold right?
Only if you can't buy or sell any key higher than leather. If you can sell iron or gold (or, ideally, magic, but that's probably a ways off for you) you will get a better conversion rate, even counting the 10% you lose (per transaction) by selling the key for gems and then buying a higher key with collected gems.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 13, 2016

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

CrashCat posted:

Only if you can't buy or sell any key higher than leather. If you can sell iron or gold (or, ideally, magic, but that's probably a ways off for you) you will get a better conversion rate, even counting the 10% you lose (per transaction) by selling the key for gems and then buying a higher key with collected gems.

I am only level 12 so WOODEN keys is all I can get, I have 2 more on me and will get another if I ever get these drat Long Muskets

Edit: WOODEN Keys not LEATHER

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Wooden keys are even more of a ripoff, you get a measly 225K gold for selling one, but they are currently going for millions of gold worth of gems. Right now the cheapest one for sale for gems is 15 gems, which is easily 5 million gold worth of gems and possibly a lot more. Unless 225K gold is more than you've seen in your life sell it for gems instead.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

CrashCat posted:

Wooden keys are even more of a ripoff, you get a measly 225K gold for selling one, but they are currently going for millions of gold worth of gems. Right now the cheapest one for sale for gems is 15 gems, which is easily 5 million gold worth of gems and possibly a lot more. Unless 225K gold is more than you've seen in your life sell it for gems instead.

Turns out I have 1 Wooden and 1 Leather, through the request tab I can sell the wooden key for 7 gems.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sirbloody posted:

Turns out I have 1 Wooden and 1 Leather, through the request tab I can sell the wooden key for 7 gems.
To illustrate just how bad it would be to sell it for gold, here is the chart I posted previously with Wooden keys figured in:

Notice those seven gems you can get are worth a million gold even when converted through Leather keys, and a couple million or more with a better conversion. You really get dicked on the Wooden keys badly.

edit: fixed sheet to round up, since you would have to pay more not less and i'm an idiot. You can see it here if you want to fiddle with the numbers directly

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 13, 2016

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sirbloody posted:

The Request tab is basically your fire sale tab. It's where people put lowballed amounts they dream of buying things for, and it's good for immediately dumping items out of your inventory, but you're going to get rock bottom prices as a result. The Offer tab is the one you want, that's the one that shows what the actual on-going market price for an item is.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ghostlight posted:

The Request tab is basically your fire sale tab. It's where people put lowballed amounts they dream of buying things for, and it's good for immediately dumping items out of your inventory, but you're going to get rock bottom prices as a result. The Offer tab is the one you want, that's the one that shows what the actual on-going market price for an item is.
Or if you're like me, it's the tab where you get immediately undercut again and waste a trade slot for the rest of the day :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Just to clarify there is no way to trade gems for straight gold right? I have like 500ish gems (I did buy the $5 newbie pack).

• Locked thread