Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm just a little bit salty because I'm unable to make any income at the moment. Right now I'm training amarr fighters to 5 so I can fly a malediction because those look cool and can instawarp, but it'll be ANOTHER week or so for me to fly an interceptor because of the pre-reqs.

If we were flying rattlesnakes or ishtars, I'd be fine but I didn't train into any of this stuff at the bottom lol.

edit: and even if I wanted to, my "home stations" are all being camped by people afk stealthing, so I don't even know if it's safe or not. Which feels like some sort of videogame terrorism or something idk.

On the flip side I chose to pretty much only train into small poo poo, at 2 months and change the only cruiser I've ever flown is the Osprey for the Caracal fleet. I'm actually getting to do poo poo now besides buzz around tackled ratting carriers and sit in Theta comms hearing about carrier ratting and carrier ratting and carrier ratting and car:suicide:

In fact I'm having so much fun zipping around in my Ares that I've moved a stack of Comets and Tristans to Black Rise so that I can actually get good at this small ship PVP thing and am going to plex a couple skill injectors so that I don't have to wait another 3 weeks to go hang with the Black Ops dudes and murder Horde.

This is way better than constantly dicking with my skill queue while saying "uggghh I guess I should queue up 2 months of drone skills so I can rat."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
I know it's samizdat, but the latest Under the Mango Tree with JEFFRAIDER does a pretty great job of summarizing the buildup and planning for the war.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kimsemus posted:

So I haven't seen it posted here, but the IWI guy replied to some of the accusations levelled against him and Iwantisk.com: http://archive.is/Ck38w#selection-951.0-1743.25

A notable excerpt:

In my opinion, he actually frames what happens pretty well and to a lot of people is making a good case of good guy vs bad guy with his "I'm doing everything in game, and I'm being attacked out of game for it"

Which is true, no matter how you cut it, and that is going to be a sticky point for a lot of people. I suppose it just depends on which narrative you subscribe to, but I do entirely agree that in game grudges should be kept in game, and if you're trying to sabotage people OOG for stuff in game you're bonkers.

I remember many EVE and goon meetups, including some recent ones, where we rightly make/made fun of anyone who takes in game rivalries into the real world. I've always felt that way as well. Last meetup we had, I was in Shadow Cartel, fresh off a war with the viceroy program, and spent a lot of time with other goons laughing about our fleet antics, shooting each other, and drinking beer. So I'm just wondering where people sit on trying to dox a guy's business, starting a smear campaign, and trying to get IWI banned as illegal. I understand that MBC is being funded by an OOG source, so a few people may feel like turnabout is fair play...

But on the other hand something sits very, very uncomfortably for me when my RL job, hobbies, or information are vulnerable and exposed because of the way in which I fly internet spaceships. I am just baffled with the defense of attacking a person OOG, a developer, a website, a business, or attempting to do anything else outside the bounds of the client to get back at someone. Especially troubling considering that this isn't the first massive smear campaign: https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/ia-investigation-update-three-investigations-concluded/

I remember two years ago I got so disgusted with WoW rated PVP I quit altogether after someone used a skype exploit to DDoS me out of rated games as soon as they saw my character zone in to one. I guess for me I never blur the lines between an in-game persona and who I am in the real world.

that dude is a retarded lying ape

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Sunber posted:

We DID live in ya0 though and that's gone too you idiot

We did. A couple of months ago. Sorta moved since then.

But even given that, they still care more about VFK.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
I think a lot can be extrapolated about people that aren't emotionally attached to previous imaginary home lands, but then again I'm no psychologist.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Kimsemus posted:

So I haven't seen it posted here, but the IWI guy replied to some of the accusations levelled against him and Iwantisk.com: http://archive.is/Ck38w#selection-951.0-1743.25

A notable excerpt:

In my opinion, he actually frames what happens pretty well and to a lot of people is making a good case of good guy vs bad guy with his "I'm doing everything in game, and I'm being attacked out of game for it"

Which is true, no matter how you cut it, and that is going to be a sticky point for a lot of people. I suppose it just depends on which narrative you subscribe to, but I do entirely agree that in game grudges should be kept in game, and if you're trying to sabotage people OOG for stuff in game you're bonkers.

I remember many EVE and goon meetups, including some recent ones, where we rightly make/made fun of anyone who takes in game rivalries into the real world. I've always felt that way as well. Last meetup we had, I was in Shadow Cartel, fresh off a war with the viceroy program, and spent a lot of time with other goons laughing about our fleet antics, shooting each other, and drinking beer. So I'm just wondering where people sit on trying to dox a guy's business, starting a smear campaign, and trying to get IWI banned as illegal. I understand that MBC is being funded by an OOG source, so a few people may feel like turnabout is fair play...

But on the other hand something sits very, very uncomfortably for me when my RL job, hobbies, or information are vulnerable and exposed because of the way in which I fly internet spaceships. I am just baffled with the defense of attacking a person OOG, a developer, a website, a business, or attempting to do anything else outside the bounds of the client to get back at someone. Especially troubling considering that this isn't the first massive smear campaign: https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/ia-investigation-update-three-investigations-concluded/

I remember two years ago I got so disgusted with WoW rated PVP I quit altogether after someone used a skype exploit to DDoS me out of rated games as soon as they saw my character zone in to one. I guess for me I never blur the lines between an in-game persona and who I am in the real world.

These are all good points I can't argue

Orange Red Bull posted:

To be fair his terms of surrender are for the SMA executor to eat a bag of candy dicks on stream which could have RL repercussions, imagine your boss finding something like that :cripes:

Unless this is true.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

mpaarating posted:

I think a lot can be extrapolated about people that aren't emotionally attached to previous imaginary home lands, but then again I'm no psychologist.

scalding pass is my old home, idgaf about vfk

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

that dude is a retarded lying ape

I don't know enough about him to be able to form that opinion, but what is actually going on then? Is the truth somewhere in the middle?

Is the eating a bag of candy dicks thing real? It seemed to me to be a kind of tongue in cheek remark because as I recall all he wanted in sincerity was the isk back that was stolen.

Even discounting IWI's narrative, I feel like my points about out-of-game vs in-game interaction still stand.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 13, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
the truth is always in the middle, unless its american politics then the truth is always stupid

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Hi everyone! :)
I quit playing eve a few years ago and was thinking about coming back to help goons!!

Anyone know if it's safe to undock in VFK-IV if I log back in? All my maelstroms are in there :xd:

Any help would be appreciated!

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

scalding pass is my old home, idgaf about vfk

Apoc mining in RYC was the best (worst)

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

mpaarating posted:

I'm not really sure where you're going with this. Is it that since we don't care about VFK then we need to see profesional help?

I don't really know.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

Is the eating a bag of candy dicks thing real?

Its 100% real the dude was on Matterals talking in stations show, said somebody told him to eat a bag of dicks when he was like: muh bankers and muh website so his terms are for EX River, the person in RL to eat a bag of candy dicks on a livestream.

Like reddit wouldnt meme that, upload it, tumblr it, twitter it and generally run it into the ground like they do with everything else.

His other points are all things he has posted on the fine print of his website. Nosy Gamer was the one who looked at his RL business not any IMP guys. Dude has zero credibility with the amount of perma-banned "bankers" he has.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Haquer posted:

I quit playing eve a few years ago and was thinking about coming back to help goons!!

Anyone know if it's safe to undock in VFK-IV if I log back in? All my maelstroms are in there :xd:

Just get yourself to Saranen. That's where fleets are coming from now.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Haquer posted:

VFK is currently freeported for the next 40ish hours - anyone can dock there. The undock is almost certainly camped - but you can take a quick peak in your pod (be sure to set your pod's home station to VFK). You probably can't get your maelstroms out without a carrier, and even then it would be dangerous as hell.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Haquer posted:

:nallears:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Haquer posted:

You should think about remaining unsubbed ender.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Kimsemus posted:

I don't know enough about him to be able to form that opinion, but what is actually going on then? Is the truth somewhere in the middle?

Is the eating a bag of candy dicks thing real? It seemed to me to be a kind of tongue in cheek remark because as I recall all he wanted in sincerity was the isk back that was stolen.

Even discounting IWI's narrative, I feel like my points about out-of-game vs in-game interaction still stand.

Assuming the "candy dicks" thing was a joke then yeah doxing the guy is pretty :wtc: with no need to expand on it further.

Although I think part of it is desperation to find a way to attack an enemy who is literally unassailable, hidden behind real-life laws (as the real business takes place on private servers, to which unauthorized access would be a Big Deal compared to an in-game corp theft). That's for game mechanics/EULA to fix though.

Also there is the issue of people buying plex to fund a real-life gambling addiction... but the MMO industry in general depends on nerds with addictive personalities so the moral high ground is still pretty swampy.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Sunber posted:

We DID live in ya0 though and that's gone too you idiot

Oh no, I have at least 500 million ISK in assets there.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Morris posted:

Assuming the "candy dicks" thing was a joke then yeah doxing the guy is pretty :wtc: with no need to expand on it further.

Although I think part of it is desperation to find a way to attack an enemy who is literally unassailable, hidden behind real-life laws (as the real business takes place on private servers, to which unauthorized access would be a Big Deal compared to an in-game corp theft). That's for game mechanics/EULA to fix though.

Also there is the issue of people buying plex to fund a real-life gambling addiction... but the MMO industry in general depends on nerds with addictive personalities so the moral high ground is still pretty swampy.

Orange Red Bull posted:

Its 100% real the dude was on Matterals talking in stations show, said somebody told him to eat a bag of dicks when he was like: muh bankers and muh website so his terms are for EX River, the person in RL to eat a bag of candy dicks on a livestream.

Like reddit wouldnt meme that, upload it, tumblr it, twitter it and generally run it into the ground like they do with everything else.

His other points are all things he has posted on the fine print of his website. Nosy Gamer was the one who looked at his RL business not any IMP guys. Dude has zero credibility with the amount of perma-banned "bankers" he has.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Hubbl3 posted:

Oh no, I have at least 500 million ISK in assets there.

It's still freeported for now. Or you can just wait until TEST and PL get into a fight over who can be more reprehensibly racist and we take it back.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Kimsemus posted:

It's real, but I assume it was intended to be an impossible condition - he came up with it after SMA's leadership started accusing him of RMT and told him to go eat a bag of dicks himself. At that point, he was basically saying "gently caress you, SMA, this doesn't stop until you die (in game)".

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

I didn't expect so many replies, tbh :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The point is: reddit doesnt even have a crippled baby leg to stand on talkin bout RL attacks. I cant count the number of bad gifs, webms and videos I've seen in the last few weeks with Alex's face on it. Imagine if a family member needed to google him for something.

But that all gets handwaved because Mittani.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Orange Red Bull posted:

The point is: reddit doesnt even have a crippled baby leg to stand on talkin bout RL attacks. I cant count the number of bad gifs, webms and videos I've seen in the last few weeks with Alex's face on it. Imagine if a family member needed to google him for something.

But that all gets handwaved because Mittani.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4ejqnu/suicide_watch/

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

At least they say "not cool", so there is that.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

jfc

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There was a post a few days about that combined the "where is razor" meme with mittani sitting in a bathtub wanting to kill himself. It did a bit better than that one, since the art wasn't quite as lovely.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Ah reddit, never change from being the cesspool of basement dwelling MRA clones that you are.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orange Red Bull posted:

Two points to clarify: Nosygamer's article came up after the "IWI is commiting a crime in FL" article, unless there's a different article you're referring to. The IWI guy's real name is listed at the bottom of the site where it says all the various stuff about how EVE is CCP's game etc.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 13, 2016

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The IWI is commiting a crime article was dumb and bad and whoever wrote and then published that is retarded.

CFC has lost the propaganda plot since Endie left, he did that poo poo right. Anyone else is just throwing poo poo at the wall to see if anything sticks.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

CCP gave me 32 million skill points for the time I was subbed but unable to play/train skills. My main dude only has 29 mil total and I don't know what to train.

All cruisers to 5, make my drone and missile skills good and then maybe go for that blops I always wanted? Which would I go for for dropping fools?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

apseudonym posted:

CCP gave me 32 million skill points for the time I was subbed but unable to play/train skills. My main dude only has 29 mil total and I don't know what to train.

All cruisers to 5, make my drone and missile skills good and then maybe go for that blops I always wanted? Which would I go for for dropping fools?

All cruisers V, loads of support skills, if you desperately want a blops go for the majestic space trashcan panther

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Haquer posted:

I have so many ships at the JU- outpost.

my babies
my babies

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

All cruisers V, loads of support skills, if you desperately want a blops go for the majestic space trashcan panther

My support skills are good, sadly most my pew pew skills are in projectiles which seem to be firmly in the poo poo category now. I'm not far from a Proteus so I'll probably do that too.

I'll probably post my skills in black ops later today to get some advice, my skills are all over the place. My plan last I played was to go for a panther for hop dropping and stuff, they any good? I could just as easily go for a sin skill wise.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
Is there a way to check out your character without subbing? I want to see where I left off the last time I let my sub lapse and don't want to pay for it. VideoGames mining adventures have inspired me and I may resub just to go mining but I am curious what mining skills I had.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
holy poo poo I almost replied to another r/eve copy paste

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

InternetJunky posted:

Would you prefer we undock one at a time, or would it be better for you if we just came out all at once so you could drop supers on us right away?

Whichever is easier for you, I'm not picky.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

apseudonym posted:

My support skills are good, sadly most my pew pew skills are in projectiles which seem to be firmly in the poo poo category now. I'm not far from a Proteus so I'll probably do that too.

I'll probably post my skills in black ops later today to get some advice, my skills are all over the place. My plan last I played was to go for a panther for hop dropping and stuff, they any good? I could just as easily go for a sin skill wise.

More than anything else, get interceptor skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Orange Red Bull posted:

CFC has lost the propaganda plot since Endie left, he did that poo poo right.

That explains why the power shifted. They got our Endie :negative:

• Locked thread