Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's true.

LINKLE:
Is totally rad and awesome.
Has not one but two crossbows.
Is never captured and taunted by a great fairy
Da-da-da-daaaaaa
Has actual dialogue.
Can perform a Rider Kick

LINK:
Old and busted.
Needs a magic sword to fight evil.
Is so lame needs someone else to be his weapon for him.
Wa-wa-waaaaaah
Needs a fairy and/or his little sister to talk for him.
Rides a horse.

Pretty clear winner there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Tell me when Link can do gunkata and red hot kicks and I'll tell you when I'll prefer him over Linkle. :colbert:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Well, Linkle's C5 is kinda, uh...

Everything else is great, though.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Vince Videogames posted:

Tell me when Link can do gunkata and red hot kicks and I'll tell you when I'll prefer him over Linkle. :colbert:

Linkle's moveset is based off Link's Crossbow Training. I presume the rapid fire at least was strong there.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think its dumb that the "Vs Legend" attribute increases damage to Linkle, because she is not canon, nor a legendary hero. She's a delusional maniac.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

ImpAtom posted:

It's true.

LINKLE:
Is totally rad and awesome.
Has not one but two crossbows.
Is never captured and taunted by a great fairy
Da-da-da-daaaaaa
Has actual dialogue.
Can perform a Rider Kick

LINK:
Old and busted.
Needs a magic sword to fight evil.
Is so lame needs someone else to be his weapon for him.
Wa-wa-waaaaaah
Needs a fairy and/or his little sister to talk for him.
Rides a horse.

Pretty clear winner there.

One can also wield a giant iron ball, a flame staff, and a spinning top

The other one stinks of chicken and is a fraud.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I think its dumb that the "Vs Legend" attribute increases damage to Linkle, because she is not canon, nor a legendary hero. She's a delusional maniac.

She's legendarily awesome, though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Nah, she's literally a legendary hero. She was in fact completely right and her compass is actually a magical artifact that leads her to where she needs to be and has the power to exorcise evil.

Dizz posted:

Tingle owns though.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 11, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dizz posted:

One can also wield a giant iron ball, a flame staff, and a spinning top

Ahem. Cuccos.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Link's sword Musou is hot loving garbage.

I still use him all the time because he's level 75 and is the only character I have right now with a five star level 2 weapon with Materials+.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Aw. Did Legends remove all the cool weak point break attack animations for the big bosses? I just did one against King Dodongo in the first level and link just did some light explosion.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Aw. Did Legends remove all the cool weak point break attack animations for the big bosses? I just did one against King Dodongo in the first level and link just did some light explosion.

Yeah, the giant break point animations are one of the victims of the simplified graphics. :smith:

To be honest I don't mind it that much because after you see it ten thousand times it's great to have a simplified quick-playing animation instead but I liked having it the first few times.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, she's literally a legendary hero. She was in fact completely right and her compass is actually a magical artifact that leads her to where she needs to be and has the power to exorcise evil.

Tingle owns though.

I like my interpretation better.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I do imagine that there was some awkward staring when Link and Zelda got back after Linkle's story mode ending.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Does the Spinner come baseline in this or do I still have to go buy an Amiibo for it.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Does the Spinner come baseline in this or do I still have to go buy an Amiibo for it.

It's built into the first adventure map now.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Emalde posted:

It's built into the first adventure map now.

Thank God. It looked like a cool weapon but I wasn't keen on it essentially being 15 dollar DLC on the wii u.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
So after griping about having to double dip for the new content I ended up grabbing a copy of Hyrule Warriors Legends the other week and have been really enjoying the improvements. I just started Adventure Mode though and the My Fairy tutorial confused the hell out of me. What is this? What is the benefit in doing it? It looks tedious and dumb, can I just completely ignore it?

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 12, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

TechnoSyndrome posted:

So after griping about having to double dip for the new content I ended up grabbing a copy of Hyrule Warriors Legends the other week and have been really enjoying the improvements. I just started Adventure Mode though and the My Fairy tutorial confused the hell out of me. What is this? What is the benefit in doing it? It looks tedious and dumb, can I just completely ignore it?

You can, but Fairy Magic can be stupid powerful.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I was like, "this fairy dress-up poo poo is lame" and then I blew up like 500 dudes in one blast so now I am all, "poo poo what are some earrings I can match with these leggings, goddamn"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

It can be safely ignored, but it's really powerful. If you see a fairy icon on an Adventure square, then you can get a fairy partner, it will be in a brown pot in one of the keeps (it's not the elemental fairies you use for barriers). After the level you can choose to keep it and name it, and give it food. Food can be found in any square with a food icon, in a brown pot much like the fairy, and it's guaranteed to be gold level. After you find the gold level of a food (say, Deku Nut or Magic Bean) you unlock the ability to have enemy officers drop bronze/silver/gold versions of that food.

Food can be fed to fairies, which increases their stats, level, and trust. Increasing their stats allows them to learn Rental Skills, one-time use skills with varying effects...the Light elemental fairy you get from the first Adventure Square comes with Hard Worker for example, which will resurrect you with five hearts if you get KO'd in battle. The type of food you give them also can change the elemental effect of their fairy magic when they level up, but not the elemental property. This may be confusing but as an example, my Light elemental fairy has Lightning elemental effects, but it still deals Light elemental damage. The effect just changes what the aura does to the enemies, in the case of Lightning, it slows the enemy's speed.

Different fairies like different types of food, and what stats they raise varies depending on their personality. The Light and Lightning fairies I have gain a negative stat point in one stat if they eat an Odd Mushroom, but my Dark fairy doesn't lose any points, and its stat gains are higher than the others, because it likes mushrooms more.

When a fairy reaches level 99 you can choose to Refresh it, which resets its level to 1 while keeping 10% of the stat points it had when you refreshed it. You can also change one of the fairy's stats, that's how you get the stats in red that you'll see (like Dizzy) that your fairy won't have at the start, and your elemental effects will be reset so you can get new ones if you want.

Finally you can dress your fairy in clothing you'll get in chests from taking keeps, clothes will either boost the attack power of your fairy's magic, or reduce the cost of it. Without any clothes, fairy magic takes a full magic meter, but if you equip enough cost reducing gear I've seen it get down to 60%, I think it can get down to 40% even. Also some outfits take up more than one type of clothing slot, like Fi's clothes take up both the shirt and pants slots.

Finally the big draw for fairy magic is that it can KO enemies that aren't even rendered, so if you get in a big group of red you can get a ton of KOs at once, I've gotten 460 KOs off one fairy magic casting. It really makes the "Rack up your KO count!" and "Win the KO contest!" levels super easy.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
In addition, you can double up on fairy magics and they make certain things stupidly easy. I have a light fairy with double "gradually heal all allies in a massive area" and a one-time full keep restore as a rental skill. She was invaluable for Second Skulltulas in Legend Mode. "Keep so and so above 50% HP" isn't a daunting concept when you can actually directly influence it. Same with "do X before allied base is in peril", so easy when you can fully restore it.

Working on dark fairy with double "gradually damage all enemies in this area", as well as a fire one with double "lower enemy defenses in this area". Should cover most situations. Dunno what rental skills I'll pair with those two though. But they'll be my "defensive map", "offensive map" and "way out of my league map" options respectively.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The lowered defense definitely makes a notable difference on guys you're stuck slogging through. I've got my dark fairy with that doubled up.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Bruceski posted:

Ahem. Cuccos.

I was gonna use cocks at first but that felt a little too easy.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Is there a reliable way to get specific items to (re)spawn? I need a hookshot to get to Young Link's level 2 weapon but there isn't a single one on the map at the moment.

Edit: Ah, nevermind. Turns out there's one on the second to last square on the map. I hadn't revealed that one yet.

Dunban fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 12, 2016

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009
Only bought this game (3ds) a few days ago. Is there a way to command someone to go somewhere and actually do something? Even if I select "enemy soldier x" or "keep x" they never seen to actually kill the soldier or capture the keep unless I switch to that character and do it myself. Is command solely for moving people around?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Seabhac posted:

Only bought this game (3ds) a few days ago. Is there a way to command someone to go somewhere and actually do something? Even if I select "enemy soldier x" or "keep x" they never seen to actually kill the soldier or capture the keep unless I switch to that character and do it myself. Is command solely for moving people around?

Essentially, yes. Technically they are fighting the person you send them too, or capturing the keep, but when you're not controlling them, they fight at a snail's pace.

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Essentially, yes. Technically they are fighting the person you send them too, or capturing the keep, but when you're not controlling them, they fight at a snail's pace.

I also just realised that commands remain in place even after you switch away. I spent a stupidly long amount of time running the same character back to home base and then glancing at the map a minute later and seeing she was miles from where I needed her :eng99:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Seabhac posted:

I also just realised that commands remain in place even after you switch away. I spent a stupidly long amount of time running the same character back to home base and then glancing at the map a minute later and seeing she was miles from where I needed her :eng99:

Yeah, the game seems to expect you to pause and manage troops/check the map/whatever a whole lot more often than o ever seem to. Even back on the Wii U version I never spent much time, or any at all, paused. Unless it was to check my time or damage taken.

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009
Playing one of the ganondorf levels in legends (on easy mode :eng99:) and I cannot keep the three lanas from escaping no matter what. I am really really bad at this game.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Silver Falcon posted:

Yeah and you can still do that. There is nothing stopping you from figuring out a new character. Nothing. If you just want to use Master Sword Link for everything, then fine. Do that. Go nuts!

Just don't do that, and then come back and complain that the game is boring.

Players will do what is effective, even if it's boring. Understanding this is a key part of game design.

mabels big day posted:

I rather suspect that she is a legendary hero, or at least was supposed to be. Demise's curse screwed it up, but I really get the impression that she's a Legendary Hero of Power... she just doesn't have the Triforce of Power because Ganondorf is hogging it.

Also she has an artifact that can drive back evil and always takes her where she needs to be, even if it's not where she plans to go. That's totally a Legendary Hero artifact.

cool_boy_mew
Apr 27, 2008

King Dedede Drooling While Eating
Still playing the Wii U version, grinding in the bottom left corner mission in the Mater Quest map until everyone is level 100 (On top of unlocking 25,000 KOs skills) so that I can continue the Twilight map

That mission is so great for grinding. You gain 3-4 levels, lots of decent materials (Around 6 playable characters + 3 bosses), high leveled weapons drop (so more cash if sold and you can fill missing 420 weapons for some characters). 2000 to 3500+ KOs guaranteed (around level 60+) and with rupee festival that's 30,000 to 40,000 rupees alone + end level bonus.

I started playing again because I heard of the new DLC, but I misread and the new maps aren't coming to Wii U, that sucks. I saw a video comparing the 3DS, new 3DS and Wii U version of the game and it's just abysmal, on top of that I don't have a new 3DS, so better avoid Legends.

I wish I could try out the new characters tho'

cool_boy_mew fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 13, 2016

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Seabhac posted:

Playing one of the ganondorf levels in legends (on easy mode :eng99:) and I cannot keep the three lanas from escaping no matter what. I am really really bad at this game.

Run at one with a character, hit them, and then switch to another character. The one you previously controlled should keep them in place for a minute. Also, if you can get to where they spawn right away you can often fight two at the same time.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Seabhac posted:

I couldn't for the life of me defeat them once they got away from me, even sending Zant and Girahim chasing after them. How I did it was have everyone book it down to the Fairy Fountain, then use a special on all three of them to knock them back inside. Then I choked that point, didn't even let them out of the keep.

Keiya posted:

Players will do what is effective, even if it's boring. Understanding this is a key part of game design.

I guess I just don't understand this mentality. If something is boring I... don't do it. If it's not fun, I don't do it. :psyduck:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So question, what happens if you hit the max amount of fairy partners and you find another? Is it like pokemon and the game tells you to put one out back or something? I have 4 right now and a couple stages on the WW map are offering more and not sure how to handle it.

cool_boy_mew
Apr 27, 2008

I imagine it's like the weapons, you're given the choice to discard it or discard one you have for that one

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yeah, if you get a fairy and you have the max, the game will ask you to pick a fairy to let go.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

cool_boy_mew posted:

Still playing the Wii U version, grinding in the bottom left corner mission in the Mater Quest map until everyone is level 100 (On top of unlocking 25,000 KOs skills) so that I can continue the Twilight map

That mission is so great for grinding. You gain 3-4 levels, lots of decent materials (Around 6 playable characters + 3 bosses), high leveled weapons drop (so more cash if sold and you can fill missing 420 weapons for some characters). 2000 to 3500+ KOs guaranteed (around level 60+) and with rupee festival that's 30,000 to 40,000 rupees alone + end level bonus.

Or you could just grind out a single character and rupee glitch the rest.

Even if you don't wanna do that, 3-4 levels per run seems too little, are you using an EXP+ weapon, the exp-increasing mixture and trying to get named character kills when you have the exp boost from the constant Focus Spirit active? With characters under lv 100, you'd think you'd get closer to 10 levels per run if you used all of those.

AnotherGamer fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 13, 2016

cool_boy_mew
Apr 27, 2008

AnotherGamer posted:

Or you could just grind out a single character and rupee glitch the rest.

Even if you don't wanna do that, 3-4 levels per run seems too little, are you using an EXP+ weapon, the exp-increasing mixture and trying to get named character kills when you have the exp boost from the constant Focus Spirit active? With characters under lv 100, you'd think you'd get closer to 10 levels per run if you used all of those.

Yes, the EXP potion gives about two times the levels, however at the same time I grind the 25,000 KOs skills. By the time I'm level 100 the skill unlocked, so it's better not to

The EXP potion requires a lot of rupees too, so I'd rather use those rupees on training characters that aren't very efficient on that map or doesn't have a good weapon with a 25,000 skill to unlock

As for the rupee glitch, never again. I tried for 3 hours last time with absolutely nothing to show, absolutely 0 gain, meanwhile 3 hours on that other map gives me a lot of stuff, I can get two characters to lv 100 and unlock their skill

cool_boy_mew fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Linkle is insanely badass.

• Locked thread