Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Snatch Duster posted:

Can't wait till cosplayers start showing up to NAFED and World of Concrete trade shows.

I don't know what you think would not be 100% awesome about showing up to this conference dressed as an enormous fire extinguisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:eyepop:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

:smug: m'bison

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Does anyone know if it's generally considered kosher to cosplay with your dog or are pets not typically allowed in cons? There's a lot of characters out there whose sidekick is man's best friend. Like Mega Man & Rush, Venom Snake & DD, Shinobi in Shadow Dancer, Galford from Samurai Shodown, Shadow from Final Fantasy VI... you know, a lot of ninjas seem to have dogs. I also always thought it would be cool to dress up as a Summoner from Final Fantasy XI and dress up my dog as Fenrir. Dogs are cool.

RareAcumen posted:

Cosplayer: Tasha (SPCATS).

That is pretty amazing and almost makes me want to play Overwatch. Then I remember it's a MOBA FPS and I'm like NOPE.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Then I remember it's a MOBA FPS and I'm like NOPE.

You're thinking of Battleborn. OW is more akin to TF2.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

Does anyone know if it's generally considered kosher to cosplay with your dog or are pets not typically allowed in cons? There's a lot of characters out there whose sidekick is man's best friend. Like Mega Man & Rush, Venom Snake & DD, Shinobi in Shadow Dancer, Galford from Samurai Shodown, Shadow from Final Fantasy VI... you know, a lot of ninjas seem to have dogs. I also always thought it would be cool to dress up as a Summoner from Final Fantasy XI and dress up my dog as Fenrir. Dogs are cool.

At Colossalcon there was a woman, with her therapy dog, both dressed as Thor.

I would imagine as long as therapy animals are allowed, then you are good to go.

:3: They were both incredibly nice.

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 16:23 on Apr 13, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Snatch Duster posted:

These conventions are trade shows for their industry to sell products, announce releases, and continual education for people working in the industry.

This should have been the big clue that he's completely 100% trolling, by the way.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Gammatron 64 posted:

Does anyone know if it's generally considered kosher to cosplay with your dog or are pets not typically allowed in cons?

It's going to depend on the venue, I imagine.

If you're planning Final Fantasy cosplay, please don't put your dog on your arm and fire him at people like a cannon. I imagine the staff would be very cross.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

But for her... it was cosplay.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

You're thinking of Battleborn. OW is more akin to TF2.

No, no, he's right. There's guns in first person, people have two skills and an ultimate. That's pretty moba-ish.

Anyone have the reverse?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

you should have posted this yesterday

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Deviant posted:

you should have posted this yesterday

You and I are such nerds.

Tuesday.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
why has nobody posted this yet

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

If you're planning Final Fantasy cosplay, please don't put your dog on your arm and fire him at people like a cannon. I imagine the staff would be very cross.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I could always pretend a dog is a therapy dog. I could use therapy and a dog is a dog.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Thankfully the laws of physics prevent anyone from doing that.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gammatron 64 posted:

I could always pretend a dog is a therapy dog. I could use therapy and a dog is a dog.

Thankfully the laws of physics prevent anyone from doing that.

That's fraud which comes jail time or a large fee. Wouldn't recommend.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

RareAcumen posted:

Cosplayer: Tasha (SPCATS).

:stwoon:

Is this official cosplay commissioned by Blizzard or did she do this on her own?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i also don't read threads

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
^^ All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again... ^^

spasticColon posted:

:stwoon:

Is this official cosplay commissioned by Blizzard or did she do this on her own?

Tasha cosplays as part of a professional team called Spiral Cats so it's probably some of both, she definitely was paid to wear this at a Hearthstone thing. I'm pretty sure she works on the costumes as part of the team but Spiral Cats as far as I've seen is kinda cagey about who actually does what. Their work is undeniably pretty nuts no matter what.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

That's fraud which comes jail time or a large fee. Wouldn't recommend.

Heads up, its Snatch Duster, Esquire.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blown up this size I can only see the Crusader's symbol as a cross throwing its hand in the air and shrugging "whatever".

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Some pretty cool cosplay imo

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Which one is you?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LingcodKilla posted:

Which one is you?

I already posted a pic of me cosplaying as pete campbell. you should read the thread before posting.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Snatch Duster posted:

I already posted a pic of me cosplaying as pete campbell. you should read the thread before posting.

No, that was a photo of Jeffrey Donovan on the set of Burn Notice. You can't fool us.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Gonna post a classic. Best cosplay I have ever seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8qglSV74XY

Useless Rabbit
Jan 27, 2009

Isn't that Marilyn Manson and his dad?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Useless Rabbit posted:

Marilyn Dadson

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Useless Rabbit posted:

You saying a dad can't cosplay as his son? Get off your high horse.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

No, that was a photo of Jeffrey Donovan on the set of Burn Notice. You can't fool us.

Thanks for the compliment?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Solice Kirsk posted:

Marilyn Dadson

Marilyn Mandad and Manson

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Marilyn Dadson

Saint Freak posted:

Marilyn Mandad and Manson

:perfect:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Gonna post a classic. Best cosplay I have ever seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8qglSV74XY

Haha, the part where he goes into the gaming room and says "I wanna see space marines win here". Full commitment to the role.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Gammatron 64 posted:

Dunno if you were serious or joking but please don't actually do this. Service animals are extremely highly trained, pets are (generally) not, and trying to pass pets as service animals to get them into places dogs aren't usually allowed is seriously lovely.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Traxus IV posted:

Dunno if you were serious or joking but please don't actually do this. Service animals are extremely highly trained, pets are (generally) not, and trying to pass pets as service animals to get them into places dogs aren't usually allowed is seriously lovely.

I'm kidding, because I'm pretty sure you need signed paperwork to show people that your dog is actually a therapy dog.

That said, my Grandma is the kind of person who photocopies her handicapped sticker, laminates the copies and hands them out to family members so they can park in handicapped and that's a little messed up.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
They actually voted down a law here in Colorado that would have made it a crime to have a :airquote:"therapy dog":airquote: because there are some assholes here that are similar to pill factories just handing out certifications without actually doing anything.

veedubfreak has a new favorite as of 22:07 on Apr 13, 2016

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Counter-point, this is awesome and you should do this. gently caress da police staff.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It'd be fairly simple to modify a wrist-mounted crossbow to fire an adorable plush dog at targets.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
The cutest little mercenary dog.
https://www.facebook.com/maulcosplay/videos/1011262048950577/

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

veedubfreak posted:

They actually voted down a law here in Colorado that would have made it a crime to have a :airquote:"therapy dog":airquote: because there are some assholes here that are similar to pill factories just handing out certifications without actually doing anything.

Yeah I recall we wernt even allowed to question anyone if it was a therapy animal or not but that was like 15 years ago at Safeway. People completely abused it and I'm still pretty sure there is no such thing as a "therapy snake".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah I recall we wernt even allowed to question anyone if it was a therapy animal or not but that was like 15 years ago at Safeway. People completely abused it and I'm still pretty sure there is no such thing as a "therapy snake".

We didn't let in any animal, therapy or not, back in the day. I remember fondly explaining to a blind man he couldn't come in (bakery).

• Locked thread