Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I've only gotten way of blue and forest covenants. I didn't even know about the tree boss until you guys mentioned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Forest covenant ??? Dang there's stuff I need to find

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I almost killed the tree but haven't... When you say a guy with a cage on his back are you talking about that guy among the load of dead hooded things that you hit with a sword to talk to?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Forest covenant ??? Dang there's stuff I need to find

It's not actually in a forest it just works like the forest one from DS1

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

goferchan posted:

It's not actually in a forest it just works like the forest one from DS1

A swamp is a kind of wet forest

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Vague hint: take a right at the crowd around the big fire and keep your eyes peeled for hidden paths

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
That feel when Giant Bro saves you from a giant enemy crab...

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Boomstick Quaid posted:

You probably already locked yourself out early by killing the tree boss don't piss off Sirris or it'll lock you out for all of NG

poo poo!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I know there's a lot I haven't found yet but I've only spent a half hour ish in undead settlement. I keep poking further and further down different paths and have yet to reach the end of any which is cool. Wish I was home gameing

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
You piss off Sirris by joining red bros so I guess don't do that till you get into the mound makers if you've already killed the tree boss

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Undead Settlement is god tier level design for sure.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

>Me after unlocking a shortcut to a previously lit bonfire

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that it's the dark souls version of yharnam. Even has the big bonfire of hunters surrounding it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I like that it's the dark souls version of yharnam. Even has the big bonfire of hunters surrounding it

Yeah it's like if Yharnam was medieval instead of Victorian. Also it has a lot of verticality too which is always cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Yeah it's like if Yharnam was medieval instead of Victorian. Also it has a lot of verticality too which is always cool

Tfw you look at the ceiling and see a upper floor and walk around the house and figure out how to get up there from a different path

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the pontiff is the best boss ive ever fought

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

bloodborne threw off my finely honed dark souls skills so i'm having to re-learn everything and getting pasted repeatedly in the starting level

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cathedral of the Deep is an extremely cool level

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Cathedral of the Deep is an extremely cool level

I enjoy the dudes lurking around just waiting for the proper chance to splurge all over you

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

>Me after unlocking a shortcut to a previously lit bonfire

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

i was thinking the same thing, although it's pretty cool that it's in daytime (and still manages to be creepy) and has a really nice color pallette. bloodborne does too, but it's a little more muted.

edit: it also reminds me of oolacile too, but much more detailed and fun, which is saying a lot since oolacile is already a godlike level

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

the pontiff is the best boss ive ever fought

this is really the most brutal souls game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i could not solo him and used phantoms. this has been the case for the last like 3 bosses and the double sharks

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
if anyone has the two carthus curved swords (regular and greatsword variety,) please give them to me, i cant get them to drop and they look really cool.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i updated my drivers and it helped a lot w/ the overall framerate but irithyll runs like poo poo. its the new swamp

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Patches is at Firelink now and is apologising for apparently tricking me but I've never met him before. lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

if anyone has the two carthus curved swords (regular and greatsword variety,) please give them to me, i cant get them to drop and they look really cool.

I was fighting a guy in the crucifixion woods that was using the carthus milkring and I got so jealous, since he only could have gotten it as a gift from someone else

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
"Great curse-ridden tree ahead" :golfclap:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Patches is at Firelink now and is apologising for apparently tricking me but I've never met him before. lol

If you bought the 20000 soul key he may have closed a door behind you up in the towers by the firelink roof and you never noticed. Or maybe he never ever tricked you. Maybe he's apologizing before he tricks you to trick you

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Watching download bar slowly crawl across the screen* loving Patches.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

ive spent the last 3 hours helping people thru the settlement and then when they meet the guy in the hanging cage i kick them off the ledge. im like 3 items away from leveling the covenant up

lmfao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Aww yeah, got my full darkwraith set and sword and glowy hand/shield, time to invade

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I can't join Moundmakers I guess because the guy always hears me and turns hostile. QQ

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I can't join Moundmakers I guess because the guy always hears me and turns hostile. QQ

Um what he can be hostile? He gave no fucks about me

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Last night I got invaded by two different dark spirits after summoning a separate mound maker. Did they do away with the invasion timer? Anyway I got powned.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I wonder if I'm locked out because I started the tree fight but didn't beat it yet. BS

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Once I get the full red orb I'm going to harvest a giant stockpile of embers and summon every mound maker I see.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This may be the first Souls game where I try invasion.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I dare say they went hard as a mother fucker when it comes to obscure complicated NPC storylines and covenant locations. I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The location of Warriors of Sublight is so weird.

• Locked thread