Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mmy rule for guids is i dont say poo poo about poo poo unless someone explicitly asks, figuring poo poo out is t he best part of these games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I dare say they went hard as a mother fucker when it comes to obscure complicated NPC storylines and covenant locations. I love it

There is a secret gesture you get from doing One Weird Trick that you have to do in front of a really obscure npc to unlock a covenany

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just got home from wokr. seriously considering making a coffee

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

beating the pontiff without blocking was one of my biggest gamer highs of the year, and im so stoked to do it again

i used a shield. but i did solo him. i will be doing ng+ without a shield

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

flynns ring and the ring from the first boss' soul has made my dual wield merc mighty

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

some of the ways you unlock gestures in this game are fantastic lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

its loving awesome when you unleash a stream of hits at a group of enemies and roll away fully healed

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
That feel when you just want the chest armor from an enemy but you keep getting helmets.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish that the regain health on hit ring was just like a liiiiitle bit better... i guess there's probably a +2 version somewhere?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
THeres no + anything rings. everything is simpler and its win.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i wish that the regain health on hit ring was just like a liiiiitle bit better... i guess there's probably a +2 version somewhere?

well, u can already stack it with stuff like the butchers knife so i doubt it

Dec 26, 2012

apparently i locked myself out of a bunch of stuff by killing the stupid tree. gonna restart and get in on that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the healing stuff is generally weak but thats fine. its not demons or dks2 where you have piles of healing items, the devs want you to be careful

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

just got home from wokr. seriously considering making a coffee

Me too, except I was having lunch with my girlfriend. Coffee Time

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

The cavalier attitude in which everyone is dropping extremely specific detailed guides every time someone mentions something cool is a little assy.

This.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Average Bear posted:

have you found the shrine yet?

Nay

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just discovered what I thought was a small optional area and im now two hours into it and there's no end in sight 😳

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

I just discovered what I thought was a small optional area and im now two hours into it and there's no end in sight 😳

lmao this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dude i think im nearing the end and you could be talking about like four different places lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

gently caress yes

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im pacing myself extremely slowly. 12 hours of constant play, no idling and Ive only beaten Iudex and Bort

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Also it goes without saying but the people in Games are so loving incredibly fail about discussing this game lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Im pacing myself extremely slowly. 12 hours of constant play, no idling and Ive only beaten Iudex and Bort

i keep walkkign slowly around firelink instead of exploring

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Still deciding between a nap or coffee but when Im mentally refreshed Im going to run around performing gestures in front of NPCs.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like how the first level is like a remake of demon souls 1-1. theres shortcuts and stuff but you have a fairly straight simple path to the boss. then you get to undead settlement and youre loving lost and that feeling continues for the rest of the game lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

i keep walkkign slowly around firelink instead of exploring

Im extremely paranoid because I never saw the orb giving guy so who knows what else I missed.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
streaming scary dungeon pvp here twitch.tv/stuckrat

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

dude i think im nearing the end and you could be talking about like four different places lol

You haven't done it, it would've warranted a mention. Trust me this place is bonkers

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Actually maybe you did, after abyss watchersthere's an area and inside the area is a tiny offshoot that leads to another big area that has another tiny offshoot that leads to a HUGE area

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfo if ound maneater mildred nd wew ere wearing the exact same outfit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-LaX4uwEgc

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fungah! posted:

lmfo if ound maneater mildred nd wew ere wearing the exact same outfit https://1-lax4uwegc

Totes going to highlight this black bar which potentially reveals the final boss of the game.. Not.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Totes mcgoats f'shaw... um, NOT. P. chill doe.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Buttmad much?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Fungah! posted:

lmfo if ound maneater mildred nd wew ere wearing the exact same outfit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-LaX4uwEgc

how embarrassing

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I only beat the pontiff in my Japanese play through because I equipped the ring that increases damage slightly after consecutive attacks. I kept dying at 5% and the ring basically made up the difference

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I got up to the third boss yesterday and spent all day today being summoned for it and wandering around settlement instead of progressing.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i am so afraid of messing up these npc questlines, but this game is so loving huge and sprawling with so many different paths you could take that there's no possible way any of my friends will survive this playthrough. i'm going to miss out on some obscure meetup guaranteed

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

HolePisser1982 posted:

are you sure its the right guy? he's the one over and past the thief-covered rooftops

Yeah... The one with the huge cage on his back. Oh well, trees dead now so NG+ I guess.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

playng bloodborne taught me sheilds are for cowards nd playing this one taught me tht armor is too. free yoru mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm taking this game as slow as possible and only beat the first boss so far lol

• Locked thread