Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Eboue has had his Sunderland contract cancelled after just 22 days after FIFA banned him from all footballing activities for a year over him owing a former agent £21,000 :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

If it had been £15,000 then Sunderland would've kept him on for a year.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Skinty McEdger posted:

If it had been £15,000 then Sunderland would've kept him on for a year.

:vince:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Looks like we get to do this again.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/12/adam-johnson-appeals-against-his-conviction-and-six-year-sentence

quote:

Adam Johnson has launched an appeal against his conviction and six-year sentence for grooming and sexual activity with a 15-year-old girl.

The former England footballer was jailed last month after he was convicted of sexual activity with the teenager following a trial at Bradford crown court.
Johnson, 28, admitted kissing and grooming her on the first day of his trial and was later found guilty of a more serious child sexual assault.

Officials at Bradford crown court confirmed on Tuesday that the footballer’s legal team have lodged an appeal against his six-year sentence.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Wow, that was fast. It usually takes years to get an appeal from what I know.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
He kissed her on the day of his trial? The man is incorrigible

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Soulex posted:

Wow, that was fast. It usually takes years to get an appeal from what I know.
How long did yours take?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

8raz posted:

How long did yours take?

:newlol:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
He should have married her then she can't be compelled to testify against him. I saw this in a movie or TV show.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blue Star Error posted:

lol

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Blue Star Error posted:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The sentence does seem extreme compared to that teacher that was done for noncing his students the other day who got a year of community service or something.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Six years is too much for him now? He's getting worse.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sassassin posted:

The sentence does seem extreme compared to that teacher that was done for noncing his students the other day who got a year of community service or something.
You look at those two sentences and you think Johnson's is the one that seems off?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

St Evan Echoes posted:

You look at those two sentences and you think Johnson's is the one that seems off?

I'm not a noncing lawyer so idk.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

African AIDS cum posted:

He should have married her then she can't be compelled to testify against him. I saw this in a movie or TV show.

That was Game of Thrones, man

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Blue Star Error posted:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

sassassin posted:

I'm not a noncing lawyer so idk.

Only because you don't practice law

What is the age of majority for a sheep btw?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Hey you wouldn't make fun of someone for being close to their dog, leave him alone.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Most sheep are butchered as lambs so if you don't like them young you're out of luck.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I've always said the Welsh must think we're odd always requesting the lambs.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Drogba's charity might be dodgy

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/apr/14/didier-drogba-charity-watchdog-raises-serious-concerns

quote:

The charities watchdog has “serious regulatory concerns” about a foundation set up by the former Chelsea footballer Didier Drogba following allegations that less than 1% of the funds raised by the organisation in the UK have gone to good causes.

More than £1.7m has been raised by the Didier Drogba Foundation in the UK over the last five years but only £14,115 has been given to good causes, according to claims made in the Daily Mail following an investigation.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Drogba responded with a lawsuit.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...d-a6983841.html

Buggerlugs
Aug 27, 2003

"All right, Bellamy came on at Liverpool and did well, but everybody
thinks that he's the saviour, he's Jesus Christ. He's not Jesus Christ"

African AIDS cum posted:

This was in the Sopranos, but wasn't true for the poor girl who got taken into the woods and shot by some man with big shiny hair.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

The Ched Evans saga rumbles on http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-36099522

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Take him to the euros imo

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Even if he's innocent, or maybe even especially if he's innocent, he shouldn't have his conviction overturned as it would send the wrong message

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
So can he sue now or anything for missing earnings whilst in prison?

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So can he sue now or anything for missing earnings whilst in prison?

Well, no? Unless the authorities deliberately lied or something, it's just down to the jury being idiots, and you can't sue the jury.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
So are Sunderland going to sign him from now on until he's convicted or what?

Also, what kind of a name is Ched?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Its short for Chedwyn

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

What sort of name is chedwyn?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Its a sort of Welsh name like Clanothyl or Benweddy

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Blue Star Error posted:

Its short for Chedwyn

This would be a good title for his autobiography

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

atomic gog posted:

This would be a good title for his autobiography

'Going Down'

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
They can't even generally describe the new evidence that will be heard in open court in like a year god damnit broken britain.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
He's being re-tried again for the rape, they've just thrown the existing verdict out. Either way he's served the required part of his sentence so the most he'd get is some compensation.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I hope it turns out he is a rapist after all because I've invested a lot of time and effort in saying so on twitter and could do with not having to do a 180.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

britishbornandbread posted:

I hope it turns out he is a rapist after all because I've invested a lot of time and effort in saying so on twitter and could do with not having to do a 180.

There's no smoke without fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A Leeds United director has been criticised after using the hashtags 'ss' and 'gestapo' on social media while posting about a new haircut.

In an Instagram post, Ercole Cellino, son of club chairman Massimo Cellino, is pictured at the barbers with the caption "alternative lunch break".

One user replied: "Great hashtags for the Jewish Leeds fans to see! Didn't think about that did you?"

Writing in Italian, Mr Cellino said it was not his intention to offend anyone.

Leeds United has been approached for comment about the post.

On 20 April, Massimo Cellino's other son Edoardo Cellino, also a club director, was fined £5,000 by the Football Association for comments he made on social media.