Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sits on Pilster
Oct 12, 2004
I like to wear bras on my ass while I masturbate?
My worst would have to be working as a valet parking attendent in a 6 level underground parking garage. Spending 8-10 hours a day underground without access to fresh air or any sort of natural light. What made it worse was the fact that the garage belonged to a large company, the of which employees mostly just parked their own cars. On the rare occasion that they did have us park it, they certainly didn't tip. So basically I stood around all day underground making minimum wage. It was great.

Quit after a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickykeys
Sep 9, 2015

Sits on Pilster posted:

My worst would have to be working as a valet parking attendent in a 6 level underground parking garage. Spending 8-10 hours a day underground without access to fresh air or any sort of natural light. What made it worse was the fact that the garage belonged to a large company, the of which employees mostly just parked their own cars. On the rare occasion that they did have us park it, they certainly didn't tip. So basically I stood around all day underground making minimum wage. It was great.

Quit after a week.

I'd seriously love that kind of job because I would fill the time reading and learning new things.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Retail has to be the worst job ever.

My boss who's a middle aged obese pot bellied dude and myself just went into a verizon store to upgrade his 6 to the 6S because gently caress it, loans and credit card bills are fine if you just pay the minimum amount required each month.. Because YOLO right? Yeah I don't personally care for him.

We go to the store and he's thinking that he has the program that he can just upgrade his phone whenever he feels like it because that's what he thought. The employee brings the phone out and goes "okay well to get this phone we need to pay off the existing phone, you must pay off 75% of the phone before we can upgrade" The dude had his 6 for 5 months so he owes about $300 before he can upgrade.

My boss starts arguing *why, NO OTHER COMPANY DOES THIS* with the employee calmly stating "thats the policy sir it's a year upgrade or 75% of the phone paid off" to which my boss just stands up and states *you guys are loving stupid if you think I'm gonna pay this, that's bullshit* and stands up and walks out the door. The guy's trying his hardest to be polite as my boss is walking out the door being like *okay thank you very much* where I know he was near his breaking point, like the dude has been cussed out since the store opened and he had half of inch left on his fuse and my buddy just took a lighter to all of it.

Anyone who works in retail, I'm sorry that these people exist.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Pretty much any job where you end up either cash flow neutral or negative after each paycheck. I learned I can put up with a lot of poo poo including actual poo poo so long as the pay is enough to live off of and allow for savings.

Nothing is more horrible than working 2-3 part time jobs 7 days a week and then finding out you are just barely making enough (or not making enough) to cover basic expenses.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I knew a guy whos job was to literally swim up oil rig sewer pipes and physically unclog/repair them. Like a plumber, but way grosser and much bigger. He was ex Aussie SAS and would do maybe a half dozen jobs a year, swimming around in literal poo poo. Going full scuba in there.

That's the worst job I know of.

On the plus side, it payed a truly ludicrous amount, which is why he essentially only worked when he wanted to. To the tune of "Hmm, I think I'd like a new car/house/investment property/home entertainment system/all of the above. Guess I'll go swim in some poo poo for a week!"

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Full scuba poo poo swimming wouldn't honestly be that bad. Having a physical barrier between you and sewage and I guess just knowing that your suit isn't going to gently caress up and rip causing a massive surge of whatever to enter into your scuba suit/mask etc? I'd do it if the pay was right, which it sounds like it is. If no poo poo touched me, whatever, no different than wearing gloves as a healthcare professional and disempacting bowels..

Would be worlds different if some dude was like "buy some trunks and a snorkel because you're gonna be neck deep in poo poo."

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

MurderBot posted:

Would be worlds different if some dude was like "buy some trunks and a snorkel because you're gonna be neck deep in poo poo."

This is literally a show on animal plant called turtle man, except he doesn't use trunks (camo pants) and no snorkel.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

MurderBot posted:

Full scuba poo poo swimming wouldn't honestly be that bad. Having a physical barrier between you and sewage and I guess just knowing that your suit isn't going to gently caress up and rip causing a massive surge of whatever to enter into your scuba suit/mask etc? I'd do it if the pay was right, which it sounds like it is. If no poo poo touched me, whatever, no different than wearing gloves as a healthcare professional and disempacting bowels..

Yeah he seemed pretty happy. I couldn't do it.

Funny side note - I remarked that he never seemed to smell bad, which was odd considering his job, and he told me after a job, he stays home for a week and avoids going out because the stench is pretty bad for other people. Not the poo poo smell though - it was the smell of the chemicals they hose him down with afterwards that was unpleasant.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I had a job while at uni, worked in a research lab that studies hookworms in humans. Getting access to human adult hookworm is near impossible in Australia (apart from killing humans or importing illegal animals to breed the hookworms), next best thing was dog hookworm.

So the lab had connections with the pound, any time dogs were about to be put down I would be in the corner of the room waiting. I saw the most beautiful dogs being put down. From puppies to giant dogs that looks scared they didn't understand what was happening. I remember a pack of 4 puppy ridge backs came bursting through the door, they were happy to see everyone! One by one, they were put to sleep and seconds later I was cutting them open and ripping their large intestines out of their warm bodies.

God drat people and their selfishness. If you can't look after a dog, don't get one. If you have a dog, get it desexed.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
I worked doing CNC machining and programming in a machine shop that was not air conditioned in Florida. 95% humidity, 110 degree temps. It wouldn't be the worst job if the coolant didnt spawn bacteria that caused undiagnosed (until the incident) exercise induced asthma which presented itself as follows:

One summer day I went Kayaking. I found it hard to keep up with the rest of the group, odd, because I was quite fit at the time and some of them were not. Afterward I went swimming in a spring, which is a big gaping black hole in the ground that contains 50 degree water from the aquifer. While swimming over this pit from which light does not escape, I ran out of oxygen, couldn't take a breath and had an asthma attack. I could not call for help. I had no air. Luckily, the group I was with pulled me out just as I started to sink. I ended up seeing a few doctors and was eventually diagnosed, given a massive dose of antibiotics and was okay.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Suspicious Lump posted:

I had a job while at uni, worked in a research lab that studies hookworms in humans. Getting access to human adult hookworm is near impossible in Australia (apart from killing humans or importing illegal animals to breed the hookworms), next best thing was dog hookworm.

So the lab had connections with the pound, any time dogs were about to be put down I would be in the corner of the room waiting. I saw the most beautiful dogs being put down. From puppies to giant dogs that looks scared they didn't understand what was happening. I remember a pack of 4 puppy ridge backs came bursting through the door, they were happy to see everyone! One by one, they were put to sleep and seconds later I was cutting them open and ripping their large intestines out of their warm bodies.

God drat people and their selfishness. If you can't look after a dog, don't get one. If you have a dog, get it desexed.

Just want to say, I would rather scuba through poo poo than have to spend every day watching innocent dogs be put to sleep.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Suspicious Lump posted:

This is the worst job by far.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
When I was in the Air Force, I worked a 6 days on, 3 days off schedule, where the first 3 days would be like 6 to 2, then the next three would either be 2-10, or 10-6. Potentially with zero breaks of any kind (especially 10-6), but typically people would relieve each other. Basically it required reversing my sleep schedule as often as every 9 days, for 2 years. I had basically no awareness of the passage of time by the end of it, and it took something like 5 years to come back. The work wasn't bad...weird, but not bad; and I realize there are jobs in the military that are or have the potential to be way worse. But there was a reason only 1/4 of people in that place reenlisted, and even those that did reenlist would do their best to not go back. I will never take another job that requires me to reverse my sleep schedule more than once every month or two.

This summer I worked as a driving instructor. I was supposed to be paid 30 dollars per two-hour lesson, and there was an hour between lessons where I wasn't paid. I thought "WTH, as long as some of that time is mine, I could be okay with this, and it sounds interesting."

Unfortunately I almost never got to do anything other than haul rear end between pickups with that hour, as I usually had consecutive students clear across town from each other. There was no communication between drivers or management about what the students wanted, what they had previously done, or what we might need to know about someone's habits; and naturally I got blamed for not extracting this information out of a sullen teenager.

Also, the job was more dangerous than I anticipated. I had to work outside during thunderstorms, and there was the obvious inherent danger of the drivers. Four incidents really stick with me. The girl who couldn't keep the car in her lane to save her life, then almost got us T-boned making a left turn into a parking lot...not because she timed it badly but because she stopped in the middle of the turn (and the oncoming driver wasn't slowing down for anything). The other lady who couldn't keep it in a lane on a straight road, and I had to steer for her...not just a little input now and then, but steering entirely from the passenger seat... until we could find a safe place to stop. The kid who decided to use a bike lane as a turn lane, and while still half in the lane he should have been in, simultaneously had some douche in a Mustang pass him in that lane AND he decided to swerve back into his proper lane (near miss). The best was probably the lady who mistook a concrete median divider for a turn lane. I had a brake on my side of the car, and it got used quite a bit.

The cars (Priuses) were badly maintained, with serious suspension problems and bald tires. Tire wear in front was hilariously uneven, and apparently fixing the alignment problems that were causing that was more expensive than the tires. Two cars had serious pulls to one side, which is not helpful when you've got students who already have trouble driving the car in a straight line. A couple of them made loud clunking sounds going over bumps that scared the students; one of them was making noises that worried me, as well. And good luck getting a look at the suspension of a Prius without jacking it up. gently caress if I'm doing that unpaid.

I was not trained on some DMV paperwork and testing stuff before I was asked to do it, and the required paperwork was not in the car, requiring me to drive clear across town for it (2 hour lesson just became 2:45). I may have basically given someone a license illegally, but I'm not even sure on that.

Also, it required me to break the law re: using other people's parking lots (especially schools) for commercial purposes without permission. I got informed that this company had been warned about this before...but of course there was no information about this at all coming from my employer. There was no white list of parking lots we could use or anything like that. And sometimes I would have had to speed to make appointments.

There was supposed to be a new scheduling system coming any day now, which I believed until someone mentioned they'd been working on it for over 2 years. This was not a 2 year problem. They were never going to fix it. Also, the whole approach they were using to avoiding 1+ hour drives between students was likely to undermine the entire business. It took 6 weeks to start getting paid, because "you haven't been added to the payroll system yet." I got paid more promptly in loving China. I had to pay for gas out of pocket (which I couldn't really afford) and get reimbursed ~eventually~ because "we ordered gas cards," which never came. It doesn't take that long to get a goddamned credit card.

All this for just above minimum wage...except after the fucker shorted me on pay it was less than minimum wage. Oh, and in order to have a shot at getting what I needed to get done, done, I'd have to plan lessons out before work, which just drove the effective pay rate down even further.

This was the only time I have spoken the words "gently caress you, I quit" aloud, and it felt good.

princecoo posted:

Just want to say, I would rather scuba through poo poo than have to spend every day watching innocent dogs be put to sleep.

In my home town, they were continually advertising for a position euthanizing animals at the shelter for years. 12 bucks an hour (circa 2000, IIRC). Apparently they didn't have enough takers.

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VideoTapir posted:

In my home town, they were continually advertising for a position euthanizing animals at the shelter for years. 12 bucks an hour (circa 2000, IIRC). Apparently they didn't have enough takers.

Any skills or experience needed? Such as elementary vet training?

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

froglet posted:

I had a whole book about horrible jobs. My personal favourite was the guy who worked in a pea processing factory. His job was to watch a conveyor belt of peas and get rid of the black ones. He said something to the effect of 'eventually you developed a hole in your vision and when you left for the day everything looked red'.

I understand this completely.

I once had to stand at the end of a moving conveyor belt sorting things, it's hard to explain, but the 2 catagories are very, very similar and nearly impossible for a human to determine 100%, but a machine later down the line did that. It was loving hard because you wanted to really try and get it right because mistakes cost everyone more work, but at the same time trying to differentiate two nearly identical things on a moving conveyor belt, it puts me to sleep just thinking about it. I think I nearly feel asleep 5 times and at the end of an 8 hour shift at it I felt like I was walking on a lean for the rest of the day.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
It's home health agencies. All the messy and awful parts of healthcare, with none of the upsides. Basically it's cleaning poo poo off the disabled and demented elderly who can take so little care of themselves that they have no business living anywhere outside a nursing home. Everyone in this country is terrified of being put "in a home" though, so they'd much rather waste away in squalor in their own home, enter HHA! The pay tends to be not great, the benefits are usually non-existent, and eventually you will permanently injure your back from lifting and moving around your clients at which point I guess you're put on permanent disability and get to pay for your own HHA? It's a self-perpetuating cycle of misery.

An insane family friend of mine works 3 Home Health Agency jobs. She has no benefits, but makes "too much" money to qualify for any sort of subsidy to buy healthcare insurance on the insurance marketplace. So she doesn't have any health insurance, and she's also injuring herself regularly on the job.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Subvisual Haze posted:

It's home health agencies. All the messy and awful parts of healthcare, with none of the upsides. Basically it's cleaning poo poo off the disabled and demented elderly who can take so little care of themselves that they have no business living anywhere outside a nursing home. Everyone in this country is terrified of being put "in a home" though, so they'd much rather waste away in squalor in their own home, enter HHA! The pay tends to be not great, the benefits are usually non-existent, and eventually you will permanently injure your back from lifting and moving around your clients at which point I guess you're put on permanent disability and get to pay for your own HHA? It's a self-perpetuating cycle of misery.

An insane family friend of mine works 3 Home Health Agency jobs. She has no benefits, but makes "too much" money to qualify for any sort of subsidy to buy healthcare insurance on the insurance marketplace. So she doesn't have any health insurance, and she's also injuring herself regularly on the job.

Yep. I know a nursing student who was puzzled to see how competitive hospital jobs were in nursing, when the media has been ringing alarm bells about a shortage in nurses.
Turns out the shortage is changing diapers in jobs like that, and the high status kind of jobs that nurses actually want are still super competitive.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Subvisual Haze posted:

I had to shadow a home health nurse for 4 days and literally at the end considered quitting nursing school because I somehow felt my life would end up like this.

It hasn't, so I haven't quit yet. Home health nursing can suck my dick from the back.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

John Smith posted:

Any skills or experience needed? Such as elementary vet training?

I think the only skill required was the ability to euthanize a puppy, then come in to work the next day and do it again.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

VideoTapir posted:

I think the only skill required was the ability to euthanize a puppy, then come in to work the next day and do it again.

Soul optional.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Built a house in Missouri in the summer (110f+ heat index) and boss was an alcoholic retard who once drowned a box of ten puppies because he could. But it was better than the army.

hold hands at the park
Apr 12, 2008
I worked at a recycling center for a little while. One job duty required sorting through bags of recycling. Nobody wanted to perform that duty, so the bags would end up piling to the roof of the warehouse. When you opened said bags you were often greeted by a fermenting mush of cigarette butts, old milk and yogurt, beer, fruit juice, paper napkins, styrofoam cups, etc.. As summer approached and temperatures rose the entire warehouse floor was crawling with maggots; flies had laid eggs in the garbage juice coating the floor. It did increase my understanding of what is actually required to manage our recycling, and now I'm more conscientious about throwing out my waste, making sure to rinse out containers and remove lids from bottles. Fortunately this was a student job and the supervisors were super chill.

Now I'm employed at a shellfish farm in the Pacific Northwest. The job does have its perks: beautiful location, little to no supervision, and all the clams and oysters you can eat. But the work revolves around the low tides, which are all at nighttime during winter. And the tides change every day, meaning my work schedule is hosed. At the very worst, I might have to go in at 1PM, do some preparation for a few hours, go home, return at 10PM and work the tide until 3AM. Then go home to sleep and start the process all over again the next day. It's like a 24 hour commitment! Some of the work is hourly, like putting bags of oysters in crates for shipping, and some is piecework with pay being commensurate to productivity. I've gone in at low tide to dig clams for 5 hours, and only made like 40 dollars because I suck at digging for clams. Digging for clams seriously blows. Just imagine crawling on your hands and knees raking through thick mud and it's 2AM and it's raining. It's the hardest manual labor I've ever done. But there's something strangely enticing about the job, something that makes me keep coming back, like I'm almost curious to see how much shittier it can get - each day seems to bring new surprises.

Anyway, these jobs suck but they're not the worst in the thread. At least the people I've worked with are always decent, and the jobs are somewhat practical with real, tangible results. I really feel for people who work in retail, just some artificial corporate atmosphere with uneducated shithead bosses. My heart goes out to you!

hold hands at the park fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 2, 2015

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

911 call taker/dispatcher. I've been doing this for nearly 5 years and I'm sucked dry emotionally. People call in with horrible poo poo happening and I can't bring myself to even kind of care. Between being yelled at because police several states away killed some guy, being yelled at because people don't understand how to be civil with one another, and actually listening to someone die because they chose to call 911 after they shot the front of their head off, you just can't feel or give a poo poo about anything anymore.

It's not the worst in the sense of poo poo pay or being stuck at work bored all day, but gently caress if you don't burn out within the first year or so and just coast along on cynicism and general apathy from then on out.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

pyroseraphin posted:

Digging for clams seriously blows. Just imagine crawling on your hands and knees raking through thick mud and it's 2AM and it's raining. It's the hardest manual labor I've ever done. But there's something strangely enticing about the job, something that makes me keep coming back, like I'm almost curious to see how much shittier it can get - each day seems to bring new surprises.

Anyway, these jobs suck but they're not the worst in the thread. At least the people I've worked with are always decent, and the jobs are somewhat practical with real, tangible results. I really feel for people who work in retail, just some artificial corporate atmosphere with uneducated shithead bosses. My heart goes out to you!

You'd be a good candidate for the army if you want to know just how lovely things can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2eHPgD7dK0

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009
Catalogue deliverer. Underpaid for the amount of hours. Only benefits are walking.

Amount of hours work were 14 in total for a grand sum of $80.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
You know your job sucks when you are looking forward to having a colonoscopy because it means you get to take a day off from work.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I spent one some back in high school working for and agricultural lime company. My day was half and half split between running an elderly and poorly maintained end loader to move around buckets full of wet lime fresh from the city's water treatment plant, and standing in a slowly filling pit while a conveyor dumped in dried lime and shoveling it so it didn't pile up and clog the end of the belt.

That was pretty lovely.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
It's gotta be a call-center operator for Comcast. I'm like the most sympathetic guy on the planet when it comes to customer-service people, and even I've lost my poo poo with them repeatedly.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I worked a summer job for a moving company in Southern VA five summers ago. My coworkers were just the scum of the earth - ex-convicts, one of the drivers was a sex offender, many others were alcoholics. We had to haul couches and dressers down mamy flights of stairs and load them into wooden shipping crates in a truck no matter how hot it was. The clients were wealthy enough to be able to afford a moving company for their 5K square feet homes, they looked down on us the way I look at cockroaches. The owner was a nasty tempered old man who looked for excuses to chew out his employees. I have nothing, nothing good to say about a single minute at that job.

MurderBot posted:

I think this pays so well because it's ludicrously dangerous. Swimming around active industrial zone, sharp pointy rusty pipes, toxic chemicals. Underwater, zero visibility. Sounds like a job for an unmanned vehicle if you ask me.

Dignity Van Houten fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 7, 2016

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

TheImmigrant posted:

It's gotta be a call-center operator for Comcast. I'm like the most sympathetic guy on the planet when it comes to customer-service people, and even I've lost my poo poo with them repeatedly.

I feel for you guys. I had to call our cable company (not comcast) recently for support. The guy was awesome. It obviously wasn't HIS fault. Also it turned out through friendly conversation that he was the dad of a guy I worked with years ago. It was fun to call that dude and tell him his dad fixed my issue. It was also cool to get to know the guy that fixed it. I imagine that job hurts your soul sometimes.

Trillian
Sep 14, 2003

TheImmigrant posted:

I had a summer job at a call centre that did Comcast support, amongst other things. I remember someone had to testify in a criminal trial after making a "distraction call" to someone getting their cable disconnected and hearing gunshots fired. I did HP support, which was less bad. We had an angry military customer run over a printer with some kind of armored vehicle and send us the photos, since they were in Iraq and we couldn't send them replacement parts. (That was awesome.)

I imagine the worst call-centre job to be Ikea. I know nothing about Ikea as an employer, but every time I see the Ikea instruction booklet showing the confused man phoning Ikea, I say a little prayer for the people who receive those phone calls. You would not only get screamed at, but you would have to coach angry morons through furniture assembly. Sounds like hell.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Trillian posted:

We had an angry military customer run over a printer with some kind of armored vehicle and send us the photos, since they were in Iraq and we couldn't send them replacement parts. (That was awesome.)

I really want to know the sequence of events that lead to this. Do you mean it was in a box and being taken off a plane when somebody rolled over it? Or it was just lying there on the ground for some reason and the armoured vehicle crushed it?

Trillian
Sep 14, 2003

froglet posted:

I really want to know the sequence of events that lead to this. Do you mean it was in a box and being taken off a plane when somebody rolled over it? Or it was just lying there on the ground for some reason and the armoured vehicle crushed it?

They were angry that it was a piece of poo poo, and we couldn't help them because HP doesn't do warranty service to Iraq. So they expressed how they felt about the quality of the product.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!
Working in a petrol station is probably the least enjoyable job I've had.

Small paycheck? Check.
Poor conditions? Check.
Standing for long hours in a small booth? Check.
Being unable to buy stuff for dinner from your own work when no one else is around, and being fired for it even though you'd pay for it? Check.

Not that the last one happened to me, but our managers made it very explicit our employment would be terminated if we did do that.

Fortunately for me that's probably the least enjoyable job I've had by a long shot. Hospitality was generally far better thanks to the people you work with, and my current work (being a public servant) blows everything else out of the water.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Lump posted:

When I volunteered at the zoo, one of the interns in my area finished up her degree. She was offered two different jobs the week after she got her bachelor's in science. One was with a local college, paired with another zoo, and she would be studying the greater apes. The other was working for the state pound, putting down animals. The latter was a dollar more an hour. Guess which one she picked.

poo poo, I foster kittens and last year was a bad one for us, with an entire litter dying. They'd been abandoned by their mom so something was wrong, but two of them I remember holding and feeling that last breath and last heartbeat. I have all the respect for vets and vet techs.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

Being unable to buy stuff for dinner from your own work when no one else is around, and being fired for it even though you'd pay for it? Check.

Not that the last one happened to me, but our managers made it very explicit our employment would be terminated if we did do that.

I wonder about the reasoning behind this.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I can explain it to you, I'm an expert on this subject because I visited London AND Glasgow once in 2003.

It seems that 90% of people who live in the UK are petty thieves and vandals, and they probably don't want employees touching merchandise at all even when buying it legitimately because it makes it harder to monitor and catch the employees who are stealing.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Lump posted:

"Winner."

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Suspicious Lump posted:

Close the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Hey look on the bright side, at least it finally became socially unacceptable to gas the dogs all at once in a big pile to save 10 minutes and $10. Don't google the videos you can't unhear those yelps.

Spay and neuter your animals please, I don't care if you live on a farm and your aunt makes money breeding dogs and you might want to do that someday, just loving spay and neuter.

• Locked thread