Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's obviously just marketing rhetoric - the same reason puree of moss has a picture of an orange on the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

It's obviously just marketing rhetoric - the same reason puree of moss has a picture of an orange on the box.

lmao they are literally drinking fortified velveeta

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yeah I guess it's 'organic' in the sense that it's not suspiciously recycled nutrient paste. Perks of working for Global Trust yo :capitalism:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ghostlight posted:

Also why my "luxury meals" are now made out of 50% super-moss based biocatalyst.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Welp, this time only lost two hours but I'm done until a patch is issued.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Scroll down for new stuff coming to Anno 2205 on April 6th. Looking forward to it. I need to finish the expansion first though.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I think a harder difficulty mode is about the only thing that'd get me back to this game. I thought Tundra would reinvigorate my interest but it didn't.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Not sure if I'll jump right back into the game with this expansion...but the fact that it's still getting supported beyond the DLC packs does make me very happy.

Still need more ornamentals. MORE!

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Me and my wife have put hundreds of hours into 1404 and 2070 MP. Is there ever chance of getting it here?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Vahakyla posted:

Me and my wife have put hundreds of hours into 1404 and 2070 MP. Is there ever chance of getting it here?

It's not going to be multiplayer because it's not set up that way. They've made no announcements or even hinted at adding multiplayer.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Vahakyla posted:

Unlikely. I've built two corps from scratch on hard and have about 145 hours in the game and I am tired of it. There's no random maps so there's no real replayability.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Ugh. I have no interest in SP. Goddamnit.
I don't get why the shared MP would've be too much. It's essentially shared singleplayer.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Anyone playing with the new patch? I can't figure out how to show the new buildings window.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Releases info:

quote:

April 2016: The free content update VETERAN'S PACK was released today.

May 2016: A further free content update is already planned for May, named BIG FIVE PACK.

June 2016: The release of the ORBIT DLC is targeted for June right now.
[quote]

Orbit DLC info. (scroll down).

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

So after playing with the new release a bit yesterday, the new changes are definitely very appreciated if you want a challenge.

The memory leak that comes with the update? Not so much. Before I could run the game nearly indefinitely without issues, now it starts lagging and chugging after 2-3 hours and needs to be reset

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Be sure to take the survey if you care about multiplayer.

http://www.rd-net2.com/limesurvey/index.php/467199/lang-en

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

quote:

Did you use the multiplayer mode in any of these games? Please mark them!
And then it lists 1503, get hosed ubisoft. t:mad:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Poil posted:

And then it lists 1503, get hosed ubisoft. t:mad:

I'm dumb I guess but Ubisoft didn't publish 1503. Perhaps 1503 had/didn't have multiplayer? That's too long ago for me to remember.

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 13, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

No multiplayer. It was going to be in at launch and then it was going to be patched in later but of course it was cancelled. I don't think ubisoft was involved, I was mostly angry at them for being lazy and dumb as usual. It's on the list of games of the series you've played multiplayer but unless you were part of the dev team it would be impossible.

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 13, 2016

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I took the survey and told them they shouldn't bother with multiplayer. :shobon:

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
1503 was the second game in the series, wasn't it? Back then it was still being published by Sunflowers or whatever the gently caress they were called, it hadn't been acquired by Ubisoft yet anyway. I don't think that happened until the original devs got out of the software business.

Surprised it didn't have any multiplayer as I remember playing a lot of 1602 with friends when it was new. Kinda wish they'd focus on making 2205 a little more deep and repayable than focus on multiplayer. Don't play too many games like this online anyway as I don't play with pubbies and the group of friends that I would play with (and myself) have a lot less free time than we did back when were all in school. Even finding an hour or two a week to sit down and play isn't easy, and if we play played ~2 hours a week we'd probably forget what we were doing rather quickly and lose interest. It's honestly not that big a priority for me...

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 14, 2016

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Yeah I asked for more depth and complexity instead of multiplayer as well. I'm wondering if they are doing this survey to shut up the incessant whining about multiplayer. They know how many (paying) customers played multiplayer for 2205 (or they should have, the data was there), so why make people do a survey?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
They better giveme coop!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I think I'm the only one left on earth playing this game, but the Big Five update pack comes out Monday apparently. Here are some descriptions and comment from the playtesters.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Not currently playing it but I am going to boot it back up for the update and the next DLC.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Darkhold posted:

Not currently playing it but I am going to boot it back up for the update and the next DLC.

Same, this new update looks good although I'll probably have to start a fresh game to really put it through it's paces - I've got a level 60-something corp save where I'm just casually finishing sector projects while expanding my HQ, but being able to buy all my shares with my massive bankroll is probably not how it's supposed to be done.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

nvm

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Can someone summarize what this new DLC/update adds? I might fire this back up.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Can someone summarize what this new DLC/update adds? I might fire this back up.

Trade market and disasters and some new cheevos

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lorini posted:

I think I'm the only one left on earth playing this game, but the Big Five update pack comes out Monday apparently. Here are some descriptions and comment from the playtesters.
I was, but I got frustrated when it turned out that "Get 1 million people on Hard" achievement didn't pop for me because I was at about 950,000 when the Veteran patch came out and guess what difficulty level is harder than but not technically Hard. It somewhat put the damper on my enthusiasm for expansion so I've just been logging in to vote.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Full description of Big Five Pack. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1457817-Version-Update-1-6-Big-Five-Pack?s=463909f4cf8a68cd6e4207dce97b9dfe

No mention of what time it will release today.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Patch is up now.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Might have to play some more, patch looks rather cool. Espionage and the Stock Market stuff especially!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

I think I might wait until the final DLC drops before I actually pick this up again. Though the sector bonuses/maluses do look very cool. And the stockmarket looks...stockmarket-y and fun too.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Well, I'm weak and started a new game anyways. And...drat the stock-market shenanigans are actually far cooler than I thought they'd be. They also add a degree of difficulty because the amount of money you make from stocks varies wildly. You can go from making a fat profit to being in the red because the company you earned the most stocks in dropped like a rock.

Also, the sector/industry dominance production bonuses are multiplicative, which can get pretty absurd. So for example you have +30 on windparks from the sector and +6 to all energy buildings from having two shares of Lei Sheng. That will give a non-upgraded wind park 136% production. Buy all the little upgrades to triple the production, and instead it becomes 408% (300 x 1.36).

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Yeah the stock market breaks the game in a hilarious fashion. Went deep on energy and for roughly 1.5million a share I'm now rocking a 40% bonus to energy. After that it was trivial to give the Patent Transfer bonus to Lei Sheng (sp?) which would rocket my shares and allow me to go ahead and buy out everyone else. Really getting the influence points was the only thing that slowed me down at all so I guess they're somewhat a balance otherwise yeah you'd have the game broken in hours.

Also amusing is when I went to buy up some more sectors you get the land for free if you've already bought out the company that controls it.

Anyone mess with the stock exchange building? I don't really see the use for it but maybe I'm misunderstanding how it works.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jun 8, 2016

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

I've got a couple of the buildings. All it seems to do is just give you more house level-ups (which is great) the more population you put near it. Up to 20 apparently. Not sure what level citizens get upgraded though.

Haven't gotten enough money to fully buy out a company yet. Only own 1 share of Foxcomm and 3 of Lei Sheng so far. Haven't had the influence or money to do much else (especially with LS keeps posting a loss...that I'm suddenly partially responsible for, and then catches my dude trying to patent transfer them to give them free money).

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 8, 2016

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

From reddit: a really good discussion of the new stock market.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
After messing with it some more my earlier assessment that it utterly breaks the game holds true. The early game is more dynamic and exciting as you are fighting off stock buyouts while trying to corner your own goals but late game is just utterly trivial.

Build your cities around stock exchanges. Buy voting shares to knock out other companies OR buy non voting shares (the AI doesn't seem to bid as high for them) for bonuses. Get the monopoly bonus in energy and get the 75% dominance which allows you to buy branded modules (which mixed with Fusion reactors means they cost 75 upkeep, yes you see that right) and after that the game is over. You just have to do endless missions to afford all the credit modules for your reactors and the workforce reduction modules for the Tundra buildings.

Mixing Tundra DLC in I was getting 1.5 million income WITHOUT using the patent transfer button. With it I would have had about 2 million. I hadn't even fully developed the temperate regions before I burned out.

Edit: this is on veteran difficulty with setting warehouse output to medium in the options. Everything else left at max difficulty.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Has the game been patched yet to be good, in comparison to 2070 and 1404? I just own the base game.

• Locked thread