Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

playng bloodborne taught me sheilds are for cowards nd playing this one taught me tht armor is too. free yoru mind

ive got full workers set but i just got the greirat helmet to drop and i look swaggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm taking this game as slow as possible and only beat the first boss so far lol

Me to. Id kill myself when it's over but we got two DLC packs inbound. Boo yah.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i found 2 more bonfires in undead settlement and i really want whatever was hanging from that body way up above that i cut loose but it seems like a real pain in the rear end to get. i will persevere though

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
approx the 4th (???) boss: they took the pinwheel formula and gave him an update, which is sick but still not really hard. or hell maybe i've just been playing this series for 4,000 hours.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

In Training posted:

i found 2 more bonfires in undead settlement and i really want whatever was hanging from that body way up above that i cut loose but it seems like a real pain in the rear end to get. i will persevere though

its not super great don't worry. and there's still a lot to see in the area!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
do the giant crabs in the swamp respawn

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

on my furthest character im maybe 5 or 6 bosses in and i've had the same number of moments where i've said "oh fuckin cool! sweet!" out loud

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i believe that corpse's item will still be there if you go back later. you'll come across that point eventually in your travels.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

welp, i knew the toxin stat wasnt just there for decoration. gently caress lol

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

NickRoweFillea posted:

do the giant crabs in the swamp respawn

Yeah

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
My favorite shield from Dark Souls has returned.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*finds blooming purple moss* ahhh poo poo...here we go

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Boss phases with music changes are ssuch a cool addition.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Ah heck. What a hazard.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i really like all of the sound design so far. i think it's the best in the series, and that's even counting bloodbornes gross rear end cocaphony of screeches and blorps and squelches

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm taking this game as slow as possible and only beat the first boss so far lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dragon... gently caress you!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I fall for every dragon trap since demon souls! gently caress!!!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

sector_corrector posted:

i really like all of the sound design so far. i think it's the best in the series, and that's even counting bloodbornes gross rear end cocaphony of screeches and blorps and squelches

Agreed. I'm still on Bloodborne for best sound design, but I know that after I beat this game it'll be DS3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

>Me after unlocking a shortcut to a previously lit bonfire

This is me right now.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Re: Lords of Cinder was Abyss Watchers what everyone killed first ? Because I thought the first one was supposed to be Aldrich but I have no idea where I'm supposed to go for him

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

goferchan posted:

Re: Lords of Cinder was Abyss Watchers what everyone killed first ? Because I thought the first one was supposed to be Aldrich but I have no idea where I'm supposed to go for him

hes on his throne in firelink lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

hes on his throne in firelink lol

Your thinking of Ludleth.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

Your thinking of Ludleth.

ohw hoops

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Fungah! posted:

playng bloodborne taught me sheilds are for cowards nd playing this one taught me tht armor is too. free yoru mind

There's a ring I just found that increases ifrAmes but reduces your defense heavily, I'm playing in just a loincloth and it reduces my physical defense to -8%

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

approx the 4th (???) boss: they took the pinwheel formula and gave him an update, which is sick but still not really hard. or hell maybe i've just been playing this series for 4,000 hours.

I thing Souls' difficulty is exaggerated for marketing aside from a couple of things that are just genuine horseshit for everyone.

Looking at you, lightning reindeer filled area in Crown of the Ivory King

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bedlamdan posted:

I thing Souls' difficulty is exaggerated for marketing aside from a couple of things that are just genuine horseshit for everyone.

Looking at you, lightning reindeer filled area in Crown of the Ivory King

theyre tough games dingus

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

goferchan posted:

The forest is beautiful this time of year. Go for a stroll

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

endurance barely gives you any stamina at all in this game what the hell

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
speaking of 4th boss, this strange glitch happened to me while i was co-oping it. i'm pretty sure there's no spoilers in the thumbnail, but i hid it just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX_l8MfpTRE

and it never came back, either...

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
When you get a boss down to one hit away on your first try and can't get anywhere close on subsequent attempts<<<<<

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Fungah! posted:

theyre tough games dingus

yah, but they're tough but fair, you're not really getting tortured here.

It's all doable.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
My buddy's power just flickered off and he says when he started DS3 back up it wouldn't let him do anything until it deleted the existing save data O_O stay safe out there gamers....

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

I fall for every dragon trap since demon souls! gently caress!!!!

If you ever find an item on the other side of a barely concealed hole and wonder who falls for this poo poo... It's me. Every time

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

sector_corrector posted:

speaking of 4th boss, this strange glitch happened to me while i was co-oping it. i'm pretty sure there's no spoilers in the thumbnail, but i hid it just in case.

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

this happened to me the first time lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

so many cool places i wanna see and i definitely just discovered the next boss. Dangerous Tree Ahead or whatever the note said

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Boreal Valley is loving insane. I haven't felt this completely overwhelmed and overpowered since, uh, a lot of DS1. it's so good

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres: Customized license plates! Boreal.. Bort.. Bitch.. Ah, come on, "Bitch"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Bobnumerotres: Customized license plates! Boreal.. Bort.. Bitch.. Ah, come on, "Bitch"?

lmao

• Locked thread