Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

apropos to nothing posted:

this is a pretty big location spoiler, not what the location is but just how to get to it the rickety bridge in the catacombs right before high king wolnir can be cut by hitting the posts tying it down, when it falls it turns into a ladder and it opens up a whole new zone that has some major DS1 call backs . I am in a constant state of awe of this game

i went back to explore that a bit more and its no exaggeration. this game is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol just stumbled into the crystal Mage fight lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

if anyone's interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MKc9ejlUYs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so uh, just fought oceiros. theres an area after him...what the gently caress lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cant wait to hear vaati's take on this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That was a fun fight. I'll probably call it at that for the evening. Can't wait for tomorrow...

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Bleed is insanely good when it's good.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i cant beat vordt

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Sure mom, just one more area before bed :troll:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so many demon souls throwbacks, theyre not blatant like the dks1 refs for obvious reasons but there are areas that play like reimagined levels from DeS.

gathering all the lords and entering a final, difficult level is also reminiscent of getting the archdemon souls and storming the false king's castle. the final level is also basically a reimagined 1-3 and 1-4 from DeS and it rules so much

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 14, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish it was Saturday at 6am, breakfast cooked, coffee hot and sun peeking over the horizon so I could play this until I pass out.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I'm highly looking forward to the weekend also. Also I played so much last night I forgot to eat dinner and once my morning cigarette wore off I was ridiculously hungry lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wasting away to PC gamer AIDS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

wasting away to PC gamer AIDS

Living that loving LIFE baby

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i felt sick to my stomach from the adrenaline for like the first two days of the japanese release, lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
low level pvp is so goddamn fun, i know high level is going to be insane

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
one thing i realized i like a lot more than bloodborne is that there're so many NPCs compared to the 5 or so in BB.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i cant believe this game is going to have DLC where they add even more amazing poo poo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

low level pvp is so goddamn fun, i know high level is going to be insane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UVstPrHp_0

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

oh sweet, there's a new weapon infusion that makes the damage scale with Luck this game is so loving good

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i cant believe this game is going to have DLC where they add even more amazing poo poo

I fully expect the dlc to be the absolute pinnacle of gaming in the modern era

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

a gesture where you just lay flat on the floor and stretch out, relaxed. aah

i like where u get this one a lot.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

i like where u get this one a lot.

yeah lol

also i have reached invasion paradiso

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Making good messages will make you OP in invasions lol. It's like infinite life.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

oh sweet, there's a new weapon infusion that makes the damage scale with Luck this game is so loving good

Oh gently caress yes!!!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ive killed three out of four lords and the game is throwing bosses at me like a baseball pitcher during a home run derby

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Undead settlement is amazing, there's like 3 separate fleshed-out routes you can take.

Got the mimic hat from the deep axe mimic.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the ds3 wikidot is a work in progress

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

the ds3 wikidot is a work in progress

a lot of the location guides I skimmed on the other wiki turned into lorem ipsum halfway through lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I haven't hated skeletons this much since the first time I played DS1 and died 20 times in the graveyard outside Firelink before I realized I was supposed to start with Undead Burg instead

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Seriously (don't click if u haven't seen a lot of skeletons) instead of a Crypt Full of Skeletons or a Heavily Booby Trapped Fortress they just decided to do both in one area and it's brutal

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The fextralife wiki has a lot of ?????s where stuff like locations should be for stuff like upgrade materials

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

could you zoom with the binoculars using the d-pad in other Souls games? it's really great

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This Siegward poo poo is loving genius

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

This Siegward poo poo is loving genius

The fight with him was epic

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The Irrithyll knights are so loving fun to fight.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Settlement hidden miniboss: Bort-orias is amazing lol. I derp in there with no estus, melee shieldless battle ensues, I get his health down to a sliver and he does the same to me, I tear rear end out of the room to get a wall between me and him and cast an emergency heal, get half my health back, notice with relief that he seems to be leashed to his room and wont pursue me, I exploit this with a thrown firebomb and suddenly he Artorias-spin attacks out of the room I thought he was trapped in and OHKOs me. I dont know whats up with these icy beast knights but they are so drat awesome.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

Settlement hidden miniboss: Bort-orias is amazing lol. I derp in there with no estus, melee shieldless battle ensues, I get his health down to a sliver and he does the same to me, I tear rear end out of the room to get a wall between me and him and cast an emergency heal, get half my health back, notice with relief that he seems to be leashed to his room and wont pursue me, I exploit this with a thrown firebomb and suddenly he Artorias-spin attacks out of the room I thought he was trapped in and OHKOs me. I dont know whats up with these icy beast knights but they are so drat awesome.

wait what? the one down the elevator?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

wait what? the one down the elevator?

oh damnit he gott me all hyped up to go back to the settlement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

SM64Guy posted: