Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Cattail Sapporo brings us another cute rodent from Maruyama's forest area:
Of March chipmunk-kun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRatBezFp08

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Croisquessein you did such a great job with the heating pad and everything oh my gosh. Go you :3:

I'm a wildlife rehabilitator and my focus species is opossums; usually I get between 6 to 15 in per year and they are ridiculously cute when they're young. (I'm up to 8 at the moment already this year though!) They're a little weird to rehabilitate in that they're marsupials, so the tiny young ones literally can't bottle feed so you have to tube feed them. Nothing quite like spending an hour intubating seven teeny protesting creatures every two hours for weeks until they're older. :suicide:

This guy had been picked up by someone and kept in a bra for two days being drip fed cows milk. Don't do that, folks. I named him Hefner.

These guys started off as a litter of six but we lost four due to a mystery illness. (Not uncommon for young ones which have been feeding off a dead mother, it just kinda comes with the job.) They had really sparse coats growing up and looked super weird but eventually made it to normal adulthood and were released.

(They flop their ears over like that while sleeping. :3: )

Current beans:

Litter of 7 graciously named by PIFB. Taco Belle, Likeable Sand, Miss Universe, Batman, Tim Horton, Cactoid Jim and Superslam. The single older male is mean as poo poo which is good; I was called out to relocate him from someone's dryer vent so his name is Febreze.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

That is one majestic catte.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Possums are great, I don't care what anybody says.

I forgot my roommate took a picture of Squiggle when I first brought him home.

There's the little potato.

nitebum
Aug 9, 2005

crazy beard for the win
I'm too dumb to figure out how to thumbnail a gif.

http://imgur.com/gallery/hpqROBq

chubby cat expresses frustration.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

just put the video in here!

http://i.imgur.com/hpqROBq.webm

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I too can feel it coming in the air tonight.

Edit: Damnit, finish thread first, then post.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Croisquessein posted:

No pictures I'm afraid but a cute story. Yesterday afternoon I found a baby ground squirrel where I work in Scottsdale AZ, which is near a lot of open desert. Lots of squirrels running around but this one was way too far from where he was supposed to be. He was shivering and squeaking for his mom. His eyes weren't quite open yet, probably only a couple weeks old. I only had a few minutes left on my lunch break, so it was leave it to nature or take him back inside and wait until I could get him home. Unfortunately I didn't have the option of leaving early.

So I sat at my desk and finished the work day with the little guy in my lap, covered by my coat. I had messaged my manager about the situation and she said no way to keeping the squirrel inside, but when she came and saw him she pretty much fell in love with him, and later brought about seven people by my cubicle to see. He was the star of the office that day.

When I got him home we got some Pedialite to hydrate him and a heating pad to put him on, and the little guy started to perk up. Getting liquid into him was tough because he was so squirmy and wanted to climb everything, but he eventually started sucking it down and was able to sleep.

I kept giving him liquid every hour or so, and each time I brough him out he was doing a little better and getting bolder. I named him Squiggle.

Next morning he woke me up with a littany of high pitched chirps to let me know he was cold. I reheated his pad (one of those rice pad things for aches and pains) and put it in with him, and he went right back to sleep.

I didn't feed him during this time, because the info on what to feed squirrels was conflicting- milk, no milk, puppy replacement milk is fine, absolutely not, etc. They all agreed warmth and liquid was most important so I stuck with that.

As soon as I got up I called a lady in Queen Creek who does rehab of small mammals. I took Squiggle to her as soon as I could this morning, and she told me he was in fine shape and would do well with the other baby squirrels she had (she got seven new ones just over the weekend).

I had been worried about whether I did the right thing by taking him, as whenever you see a baby animal it's always possible mom is nearby and will come get him. But from what I described, with Squiggle so far from the normal area, wandering alone, the lady surmised that something had happened to the mom or the nest had beed disturbed, and even at two weeks the babies will crawl out looking for her if she doesn't come back.

So little guy had a hard day yesterday but he's now safe and sound and will grow up with his squirrel buddies. God speed, Squiggle.

You are truly a modern bob ross.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Sock Weasel posted:

Croisquessein you did such a great job with the heating pad and everything oh my gosh. Go you :3:

I'm a wildlife rehabilitator and my focus species is opossums; usually I get between 6 to 15 in per year and they are ridiculously cute when they're young. (I'm up to 8 at the moment already this year though!) They're a little weird to rehabilitate in that they're marsupials, so the tiny young ones literally can't bottle feed so you have to tube feed them. Nothing quite like spending an hour intubating seven teeny protesting creatures every two hours for weeks until they're older. :suicide:

This guy had been picked up by someone and kept in a bra for two days being drip fed cows milk. Don't do that, folks. I named him Hefner.

These guys started off as a litter of six but we lost four due to a mystery illness. (Not uncommon for young ones which have been feeding off a dead mother, it just kinda comes with the job.) They had really sparse coats growing up and looked super weird but eventually made it to normal adulthood and were released.

(They flop their ears over like that while sleeping. :3: )

Current beans:

Litter of 7 graciously named by PIFB. Taco Belle, Likeable Sand, Miss Universe, Batman, Tim Horton, Cactoid Jim and Superslam. The single older male is mean as poo poo which is good; I was called out to relocate him from someone's dryer vent so his name is Febreze.

I'm already making horrible pterodactyl noises at their names and the idea of baby possums anyway, but those little floopy ears. RRRRR. :kimchi:

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Dennis Nedrygrade

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fat waterbear in a little coattttt

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

http://i.imgur.com/ME7PbqA.webm

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

My god, the stories that kid must have told at school the next day :3:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
From the last page, but:

Croisquessein posted:

Thank you all :love: and special thanks to the great lady who runs https://www.desertcry.org and takes in all the little animals other people consider nuisances. If you find orphaned or injured squirrels, rabbits, skunks, etc. in the Phoenix area, please give her a call.

Link didn't work for me. This one seems to be them: http://www.petorella.net/DCW/.

That is all.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Wind-up jack in the box cat

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I like how it looks like the leg just disappears. That's how angry the cat is at you for touching it.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I've been trying to do housework today, and Lazarus has been glued to my side, either rubbing on my legs or loafing in the nearest doorway (she never used to do this doorway thing). Any time I get close to her with the camera, she just wants to rub her face on it or enter hyperspace.

"You need help mopping?"

"No?"

[releases the rankest fart] "Hnnnngh."

"You've gone three seconds without petting me! Unacceptable."

[BLUR MODE ENGAGED]

Resting with Papaw, who is much better at modeling.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
What's up with goons and cattes?

It's not a negative criticism or anything of the sort, it's just a observation that goons seem to be overwhelmingly catte owners.

Where are the goon dogges? Cute thread needs more goon dogges! (I personally apologize for not posting a pic, I am without dogge :( )

P.S. Still post cute cattes too :blush:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Good news, friend! There's a dogge thread for all your non-catte needs!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

This is my dog, Biscuit. (gently caress you, my daughter named her).

Here she is with my mom's dog helping with the dishes.

I make the kids omelets on the weekends, and Biscuit will sometimes get a kibble omelet.

She's a good dog.

I'm rather allergic to cats, but we do have a couple that live somewhere around our yard at work

We used to have mice, but not anymore.

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 19:37 on Apr 14, 2016

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

What's up with goons and cattes?

It's not a negative criticism or anything of the sort, it's just a observation that goons seem to be overwhelmingly catte owners.

Where are the goon dogges? Cute thread needs more goon dogges! (I personally apologize for not posting a pic, I am without dogge :( )

P.S. Still post cute cattes too :blush:

Goons and cattes both like to stay inside.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

AFewBricksShy posted:

This is my dog, Biscuit. (gently caress you, my daughter named her).

Biscuit is a good name for a dog and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

Also, Biscuit is clearly a good dog.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

My mom's been having some health problems but Sassy the yorkie has been "helping" by never leaving her alone for even a minute, except for when I snapped this picture. She's helping in the picture by sitting on some mail.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit is a top tier name for a dog.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

whiteyfats posted:

Biscuit is a top tier name for a dog.

Was gonna say the same thing. There are 0 things wrong with that name.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The only thing wrong with it is that you seem ashamed of it. Love your dog, in all its names.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

My mum had a dog the neighbours thought was called Biccies/Biscuit (his real name was Sporty) because the little fucker wouldn't come inside for his name but he would be straight in the door for a biscuit.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

SpacePig posted:

The only thing wrong with it is that you seem ashamed of it. Love your dog, in all its names.
For some reason I've gotten a lot of poo poo for the name. I don't care, she's an awesome dog.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, dogs named after food is always good.

Also Biscuit is super-cute. I love speckle dogs. And dogs in party hats.

Rexxed posted:

My mom's been having some health problems but Sassy the yorkie has been "helping" by never leaving her alone for even a minute, except for when I snapped this picture. She's helping in the picture by sitting on some mail.

Is that a tiny tongue peeking out there? :3:

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

McDragon posted:

Is that a tiny tongue peeking out there? :3:

Yeah, her tongue sticks out a little bit. Tiny dogs apparently have teeth problems and her previous owner didn't take care of them so the vet had to pull a lot out when my mom adopted her. She doesn't seem to mind, though she prefers if you cut her food up into smaller pieces. It's pretty cute:

Jamais Vu Again
Sep 16, 2012

zebras can have spots too
We have Dreidel. His slave name was Pepe, and it is not The Name for him. He spins in tiny little circles when he gets excited.

Well, he used to. Dreidel is 15 or 16 now. He had heartworms when we adopted him 5 years ago, and now he's in pretty advanced heart failure. Luckily for him, one of his people is a cardiac nurse. He has also gone deaf, and is slowly going blind (cataracts). The last few months, he has started having seizures. He probably has some type of metastatic cancer or brain tumor, but we aren't going to put him through the trouble of a diagnosis. His seizures are controlled by meds for now, and he continues to be a model dogge hospice patient.

His hobbies include chickens, sleeping on the couch, cheese, stealing my spot in bed the minute I wake up, and licking the spot where his balls used to be. Sometimes he gets so into it, he forgets to breathe and chokes on his dick.

He is a Good Dogge.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Kerbtree posted:

On girlfriend's orders, here's Pepper lazing in a sunbeam:

Also commonly found upside-down:

Goon dog, as requested

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Such marvelous Goon Doggen!

It was an earth-shattering day when I learned to image search for "blep" to find animals sticking their tongue slightly out :3:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Busket Posket posted:

It was an earth-shattering day when I learned to image search for "blep" to find animals sticking their tongue slightly out :3:
Pro tip: for more tongue, search for "mlem".

EDIT: Holy poo poo I mlem'd the tables

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Goons and cattes both like to stay inside.

Actually I think most cats like to go out a lot more than our average goon

Speaking about it, this nice outgoing (but not very friendly) catte came to visit me today

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The boops will continue until morale improves

http://i.imgur.com/KKDSI5G.webm

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I am sad and I don't know what I want to look at, but this is helping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBsDFFtmiuE

classic

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

cash crab posted:

I am sad and I don't know what I want to look at, but this is helping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBsDFFtmiuE

classic

Will this help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Oooh! Floopy ears.

Think of your fellow man
Lend him a helping hand
Put a little toad on your cart
You see it's getting late
Oh, please don't hesitate
Put a little toad on your cart