Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

therealjon_ posted:

Thinking $100 is the value pledge now, I may need to update.

Apparently the Time Chasers DVD is $125 and up. I may need to update, too.

e: Jurassic World MP3 is unlocked. They're past 9500 backers with 13 hours to go. After seeing Joel's campaign pulling cool 5+ mil in funding I shouldn't be surprised, but still this level of support is nothing short of amazing.

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I considered and changed my pledge to the $100, but tbh I don't really wear the shirts I got last year so I dropped back to $50. I'll still get all the digital stuff, so I'm happy.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

therealjon_ posted:

I considered and changed my pledge to the $100, but tbh I don't really wear the shirts I got last year so I dropped back to $50. I'll still get all the digital stuff, so I'm happy.

I thought you needed 100 to get all the digital stuff?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

gfanikf posted:

I thought you needed 100 to get all the digital stuff?

Actually, looks like $75 gets you the two stretch goals for the Game of Thrones and Force Awakens riffs. Other than that everything after that is physical. I'll still stay at $50 since I can just pay $7 for those riffs when they arrive.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

ringu0 posted:

e: Jurassic World MP3 is unlocked.

I would love if they got Weird Al back on this one. His inclusion on Jurrasic Park is amazing.

"The helicopter lands. Lands. LANDS! :argh: "

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

All done, with 9 hours to spare.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
edit: ^^Shows what I know.

IUG posted:

I would love if they got Weird Al back on this one. His inclusion on Jurrasic Park is amazing.

"The helicopter lands. Lands. LANDS! :argh: "

"BOY?? OR!! GIIIIIIRLLLL??!!

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 8, 2016

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I can't wait for the Rifftrax app to be updated to use the mp3 library. I tend to not listen to those as much due to how annoying it can get to setup. The worst part is getting interrupted, as it really screws up resuming.

[edit]

There is a 20% coupon for kickstarter backers out right now, and I am curious what recent VOD I should get besides Samurai Cop, which is already in the cart.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 8, 2016

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Of the shorts DVD collections, which one is the best?

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Of the shorts DVD collections, which one is the best?

The early ones are pretty good. You can't go wrong with Hand-Crafted Artisinal Shorts though; about half the ACI shorts are on there and every last one of them is hilarious.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Guess they've already started rehearsing their Force Awakens riff. Definitely not wasting any time on it.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
There's a coupon for 20% off your next order now through the weekend in the latest Kickstarter update.

Is there a clear winner between ROTOR or Miami Connection Live? I haven't seen either, but they both look great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ROTOR is good but Miami Connection is like a step above most other weird movie.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Lester Shy posted:

There's a coupon for 20% off your next order now through the weekend in the latest Kickstarter update.

Is there a clear winner between ROTOR or Miami Connection Live? I haven't seen either, but they both look great.

Def Miami Connection. Rotor is really good too tho, so you can't lose.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I decided to go for Sword and the Sorcer, The Magic Sword, and Ice Breaker as a huge fan of Die Hard I'm already loving the shameless use of Ode to Joy.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

quote:

11,686 backers pledged $620,999 to help bring this project to life.

:eyepop:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

DivisionPost posted:

But my guess is that by setting small, easily met goals, they've been capping how much money they can get to fund their poo poo. Set a high goal like $225K...well, for the last two Kickstarters they raised 265% and 333% of their respective goals. Let's split the difference and say they can pull in three times as much for this goal, which would be $675,000; this boggles my mind, so I'm gonna hedge my bets and say they're looking at $500K this year.

Holy balls.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Well you called it

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
It must be incredibly humbling for Mike, Joel, et al. over the past year to realize that all they need to do is say they essentially want to get the band back together, and the internet will throw money at them to make it happen.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It makes me wonder if Netflix or Amazon is throwing tons of cash to try to land new mst3k or old episodes due to this sort of thing.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

GreenNight posted:

It makes me wonder if Netflix or Amazon is throwing tons of cash to try to land new mst3k or old episodes due to this sort of thing.

I don't want to assume any certainty, but classic MST3K already has a home at Hulu, so I'm thinking if the new episodes land on a streaming platform, that'll probably be the one.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

What about rifftax? The only place you can watch them is to buy them, right?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

GreenNight posted:

I think there are a few on Hulu, at least there used to be.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

GreenNight posted:

thexerox123 posted:

I think there are a few on Hulu, at least there used to be.

There is still a decent collection on Hulu: Ghosthouse, Tourist Trap, Nightmare at Noon, Manos Live show, Night of the Living Dead Live show, Reefer Madness Live show, Supersonic Man, Kingdom of the Spiders, Buffalo Rider, and a bunch of other movies.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
GHOSTHOUSE! I'm revoking your charter.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Whoops wrong thread

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 11, 2016

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

RandomPauI posted:

GHOSTHOUSE! I'm revoking your charter.

Is it because we're supposed to be dead? :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know about the MST3K reboot but Mike mentioned years ago that they had problems where Netflix was unwilling to carry Rifftrax stuff because they said it wasn't popular enough.

Also, Kingdom of the Spiders sure is a terrible movie. Just everything about it is the wrong choice, from creepy Shatner to them actually killing spiders. Also how everyone else who is bitten dies but Shatner just kind of sleeps it off.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Bridget and Mary Jo have a new short, Social Acceptability.

Were the 50s really this depressing?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Kingdom posted:

Bridget and Mary Jo have a new short, Social Acceptability.

Were the 50s really this depressing?

gently caress yes they were.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Burkion posted:

gently caress yes they were.

Happy Days lied to me! :cry:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

We're trying to make the ultimate Best of the Worst list of RiffTrax releases. We're taking everyone's top three, and you can submit them at this handy Google Form thing.

Depending on the overall response, I might leave it open for about a week.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Canned Panda posted:

We're trying to make the ultimate Best of the Worst list of RiffTrax releases. We're taking everyone's top three, and you can submit them at this handy Google Form thing.

Depending on the overall response, I might leave it open for about a week.

Would Fun in Balloon Land count as a B-Movie, or a short?

Also, I need to rewatch some shorts to remember whether At Your Fingertips: Boxes, or At Your Fingertips: Grasses was funnier.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 13, 2016

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

Also, I need to rewatch some shorts to remember whether At Your Fingertips: Boxes, or At Your Fingertips: Grasses was funnier.

It is listed under B-Movies on their site, so I'm going to go with that.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

thexerox123 posted:

Grasses led to a fantastic running gag.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of rewatching shorts, I watched the Remembered Me short yesterday, and wow the guy in the short felt like the long lost brother of Norman. Shame it was made a few years before they started doing those or they probably joked about that.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I showed my sister Balloonland over the holidays and I think it may have melted her mind. The insane/drunk/unstable parade narrator was the breaking point.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What's Remembered Me about? It sounds like a movie about someone who died.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

RandomPauI posted:

What's Remembered Me about? It sounds like a movie about someone who died.

It's basically "I'm never coming to this establishment again!" in the form of a smug video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I showed my sister Balloonland over the holidays and I think it may have melted her mind. The insane/drunk/unstable parade narrator was the breaking point.

It's happened to me every time I watch it. Even when I know it's coming, I just completely lose it in those final two minutes.

YAY YAY

• Locked thread