Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

lol. 1.3 million champion xp in less than an hour on my vr 1 stamplar.

this cake event + saving up 4 days of enlightenment = owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

bradybunch posted:

I don't know how anyone watches that ESO live cast. The presenters are so awkward I just can't deal.

They aren't professional newscasters.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

For those of you on NA PC that are hitting vet rank 1 and starting to earn Champion Points, here are the most useful addons related to CP:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info957-ChampionXP.html - ChampionXP; Allows you to track how much champion point experience you've accumulated per session of game time, alongside with how much enlightenment you have remaining, and also lets you know if you have any unspent CP.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1136-ChampionUI.html - ChampionUI; Shows you your overall champion rank, as well as how many Champion points you have in each of the three categories.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Baron Porkface posted:

They aren't professional newscasters.

Having never seen it I can't comment on how good or bad they are but if you're one of the big names in video games even by virtue of just publishing poo poo you can afford to hire maybe one or two people with actual charisma to manage things like that and community interaction and you should because again, generally speaking just letting some random rampaging dork who will abuse what little power they have or can barely string a coherent sentence together makes you look incredibly unprofessional.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Made a magplar to tool around in.

Gonna eat a lot of Rum Ham.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Morglon posted:

Having never seen it I can't comment on how good or bad they are but if you're one of the big names in video games even by virtue of just publishing poo poo you can afford to hire maybe one or two people with actual charisma to manage things like that and community interaction and you should because again, generally speaking just letting some random rampaging dork who will abuse what little power they have or can barely string a coherent sentence together makes you look incredibly unprofessional.

They wanted the community managers and developers to do it, that's the point of a developer livestream. Hiring a propaganda minister to read things that they had nothing to do with misses the point.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Baron Porkface posted:

They wanted the community managers and developers to do it, that's the point of a developer livestream. Hiring a propaganda minister to read things that they had nothing to do with misses the point.

Well then the community manager needs to be better at managing the community. Also you still can and really should have devs on but the host needs to be loving entertaining. I mean usually even with dev streams other companies manage to find a guy who's at least somewhat funny and they manage to seem like they're having a good time with that and whatnot.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Morglon posted:

Well then the community manager needs to be better at managing the community. Also you still can and really should have devs on but the host needs to be loving entertaining. I mean usually even with dev streams other companies manage to find a guy who's at least somewhat funny and they manage to seem like they're having a good time with that and whatnot.

And they need all that... why? The information is what's important. Some dumbass monkey yucking it up the whole time isn't going to change the information.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
If the information is all that important you can get that across in a text document and save everybody the time. They've clearly made the effort to set up something of a studio and get the people there to waste their time. I went through the effort to actually find one of their streams and watched it, it was loving painful, that one guy was looking at his prompter every other second and seriously, if they're not gonna interact with an audience or do anything but read some document anyway it's wasting time and effort on everybody's part.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Isn't some idiot reading poo poo from a list who has had nothing to do with anything the entire job description of a community manager? They seem universally awful from any game I've ever played that's had them

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Are there any decent websites that discuss current build/gear for max level characters? My tank just hit v16 and I'm interested in opinions of which sets to use.

From what I can gather I want 33k physical and spell resist. I've dumped all my attribute points into stamina but I'm not sure what amount of health I should be aiming for.

I've been leveling with willows path and pariah item sets but I assume those aren't my best options. I've got a robust ring of agility but the endurance set looks like it's a better option.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

bradybunch posted:

I've got a robust ring of agility but the endurance set looks like it's a better option.

If you're PC NA I have a Ring of Endurance I could trade you for that Agility ring. Totally fair trade, yep.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

bradybunch posted:

Are there any decent websites that discuss current build/gear for max level characters? My tank just hit v16 and I'm interested in opinions of which sets to use.

From what I can gather I want 33k physical and spell resist. I've dumped all my attribute points into stamina but I'm not sure what amount of health I should be aiming for.

I've been leveling with willows path and pariah item sets but I assume those aren't my best options. I've got a robust ring of agility but the endurance set looks like it's a better option.

V14 Footman's is still the way to go here. IIRC you're a DK so I'd definitely go and ask ennuid ingame for his DK tanking setups.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Yeah, I have 5 footman's, and 5 hist bark on mine. Love it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Community managers typically play the game but don't have big working knowledge in mechanics or why things change orher than what is given to them. That's what it was like in Destiny and I can only assume it's the same way here. Except Deej couldn't write a decent article to save his rear end. In an effort to seem cool he wrote "Thanks generic user name! Get Rekt! (That's Gamer for you're awesome!)".

No. No it's not. He probably thinks Teabagging is a sign of respect too.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Basically, in nerd speak, don't put anyone with low CHA in front of the camera/in charge of PR.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Is there any organized goon presence on Xbox One? I'm going to give this a try on the console and wanted to see if there was anybody on it.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
I'm pretty sure that the PS4 goons have all but abandoned the game based on the fact that I've not seen anyone else the last 4-5 times I've logged in.

\/\/\/ that could very well be. either way, I've got a nice store of free poo poo in the guild bank that I'll never use because I can't be bothered to play for more than 30m

shoplifter fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 11, 2016

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

shoplifter posted:

I'm pretty sure that the PS4 goons have all but abandoned the game based on the fact that I've not seen anyone else the last 4-5 times I've logged in.

Or abandoned the guilds.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

jabro posted:

Or abandoned the guilds.

This. I still play every day

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
I was a grinding fool over cake week. Sad to see it go.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So I've been dabbling in healing and have some questions.

This is my current build: http://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/share/7564/

What can I do to be better? I'm VR4 and healing has been a breeze for me at this end, and rally I only heal dungeons with no current inclination to go beyond just dungeon healing. The set up lets me do both dps and healing, and I switch poo poo around if I'm just gonna be DPS.

I reckon my goal would be able to heal vet dungeons no problem so I can start getting keys.

Thanks!

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I just turned vr16, i think someone offered to make me a suit of armor?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Soulex posted:

What can I do to be better? I'm VR4 and healing has been a breeze for me at this end, and rally I only heal dungeons with no current inclination to go beyond just dungeon healing. The set up lets me do both dps and healing, and I switch poo poo around if I'm just gonna be DPS.

I reckon my goal would be able to heal vet dungeons no problem so I can start getting keys.

Thanks!

Drop Quick Siphon for Hardened Ward. The twilight is pretty squishy.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Drop Quick Siphon for Hardened Ward. The twilight is pretty squishy.

Quick Siphon seems pretty good. Would it be worth dropping the twilight, keeping that and getting something else? I'm not tied to the twilight per say, I just think it's helpful in some situations.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Soulex posted:

Thanks!

Do you have anything that gives you Major Sorcery? Structured Entropy gives you another self heal and a pretty long 20% buff to spell damage.

Why have you gone with Illustrious instead of Grand Healing? On a related note, how is your Magicka regen/reduction? Grand Healing is really very Magicka efficient. Personally I would drop both Siphon and Pulse. Wall of Elements and morphs are currently very powerful.

What are your thoughts on Harness Magicka?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Please invite to the ebonheart guild:

@agloukhoff

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Baron Porkface posted:

I just turned vr16, i think someone offered to make me a suit of armor?

If that's VR16 armor, uh, I doubt it. That stuff is reeeaaalll expensive.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Sky Shadowing posted:

If that's VR16 armor, uh, I doubt it. That stuff is reeeaaalll expensive.

You'd think so, but ennuid knows no bounds! Madness!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sogol posted:

Do you have anything that gives you Major Sorcery? Structured Entropy gives you another self heal and a pretty long 20% buff to spell damage.

Why have you gone with Illustrious instead of Grand Healing? On a related note, how is your Magicka regen/reduction? Grand Healing is really very Magicka efficient. Personally I would drop both Siphon and Pulse. Wall of Elements and morphs are currently very powerful.

What are your thoughts on Harness Magicka?

I don't know to any of those. I think I went with Illustrious instead of healing springs because the extended duration is better for me even if it's one second, but I know that springs is the meta. I might switch it around, but it's been helpful to me so far.

Magicka recovery is 1465 and max magicka is 28k.

I use wall of elements when DPSing. It's great for DPS. Not sure about healing.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That 28k mag at v4, is it with buffs and poo poo or are you looking at it scaled?

Ok so now that I'm at home and not typing poo poo out on a phone:
  • Power Surge is your Major Sorcery Buff, and also your self-heal, since it allows crits to heal you for 40% of damage done.
  • Definitely Keep Twilight Matriarch on your heal bar. It's your burst heal that scales to magicka. The more magicka you have the more powerful the heal.
  • When I ran my sorc as a healer, I would run AoE and CC abilities on my non-healing bar for support, mainly because you're going to be DPS-ing during trash pulls. I would run Frags, Elemental Drain, Pulsar/Elemental Ring, Force Pulse, and Magelight on your Destro bar. This lets you run both AoE and single target skills. I said Elemental drain because it's a great way for your magicka classes to regain resources while DPS-ing bosses.
  • Personally, I would run all of my self-buffs on my Overload bar. Yes, you get a third bar when you activate Overload, and can put different abilities on that bar as well without messing up the original skill bar. I would also run my execute on that bar to free up space.

I would run this setup. Note the 5 light 2 heavy armor setup; this is much better to run until you get to Undaunted 9 when you can take full advantage of the Mettle passive. Keep Ward Ally since the Twilight Matriarch is your burst heal. Combat prayer is preferable over Rapid Regen/Mutagen since it provides a damage buff, which means stuff will go down faster which in turn means you spend less time corraling idiots around for heals. Since you're DC it's pretty easy to find a decent PvP guild that will help you get your Breton up to speed in the Alliance War skill lines for that Rank 6 Barrier unlock, so definitely do that since Barrier is awesome and cool and good (and gives out a whopping 35k damage shield at max level, which stacks with other damage shields).

Additional notes:
  • Get an addon like Wykkyd's Outfitter or Dressing Room, that will help you swap skills/gear sets on the fly.
  • You can replace frags on your destro bar with either Restraining Prison or Daedric Tomb for a root (damaging root with Tomb) during trash pulls, and go back to Frags for bosses.
  • You can also swap out Elemental Drain for Power Surge so you don't have to rely on going to your Overload bar every 33 seconds to reapply the buff.
  • A good dungeon group will have some sort of self-sustain or self-heal, but don't get used to it, especially if you PUG. The majority of PUGs are pretty stupid in general when it comes to avoiding damage for the sake of pulling "super-1337 DPS"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Thanks! I'll try it out for sure!

I don't think I was buffed. I might have been. I just checked it as soon as servers came up and I'll check again tomorrow.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

FWIW, Scy's tone in type comes across as poo poo awful compared to how he actually is. Dude's helped goons to no end and knows the mechanics of every dungeon in the game and, get this, actually bothers to explain them to the group he's running with if they don't know. That and promoting goon groups to run trials and test new things whether builds or armor/weapon sets or content. If not for him, ennuid and sadpluto the PC NA goon guild wouldn't nearly be what it is.

Oh, and Aramek, too, because he's chill and nobody else wants to tank haha.

Scy also will show up in Imperial City if you complain about getting ganked, to countergank the people, and then say hurtful, mocking words to you about getting ganked by scrubs.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Keshik posted:

Scy also will show up in Imperial City if you complain about getting ganked, to countergank the people, and then say hurtful, mocking words to you about getting ganked by scrubs.

Hahaha yeah. That, too.

Oh! Also! I had a really stupid idea that we should totally try when you get un-sick of the grind again. Get this: we run random vet over and over with whoever we can for monster helm drops :getin:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Soulex posted:

Thanks! I'll try it out for sure!

I don't think I was buffed. I might have been. I just checked it as soon as servers came up and I'll check again tomorrow.

Yup. Had a food buff, bumped me up to that level. 21k unbuffed. 1227 recovery

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I logged in for the first time in awhile recently on the PS4, PSN Brownview. Is anyone else still active in the goon guilds? If not, can I petition for leadership of one or all of them or something?

Basically looking for the blessing to liquidate assets if nobody else is using them. :getin:

e: is it possible to see the last time someone has logged in?

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 13, 2016

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

What Crystal Shards morph should a magic DPS sorc take?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahahahaha Sypher's ban for account sharing got overturned not even 24 hours after it was instated, even after he went on record and blatantly admitted to account sharing with several people across all platforms and all regions.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

JackBadass posted:

What Crystal Shards morph should a magic DPS sorc take?

I'm really liking Blast for it's multi target hits. You can spam it to shorten the animation and get decent results. Knockdown is good, too. Though I can see the appeal of Frag if it procs regularly enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Scyantific posted:

Hahahahaha Sypher's ban for account sharing got overturned not even 24 hours after it was instated, even after he went on record and blatantly admitted to account sharing with several people across all platforms and all regions.

You are unhealthily invested into this game, it scares me. And I did the same thing in my teens when i played WoW

• Locked thread