Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Top 2 things you dislike about Star Citizen

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6564044/#Comment_6564044

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6564605/#Comment_6564605

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6564775/#Comment_6564775

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

orcinus posted:

What's there to kill?
Furniture?

and pgabz videos

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Do any of you want to play Devil's Advocate, and that maybe you think this game MIGHT be finished, in the way a steam Early Access game will be finished?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Does Captain B'Tak ever post about anything that is currently in the game? His least favourite things about the game are wild hypotheticals. I can't wrap my head around it.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Ragequit posted:

That was exactly my thought, which is why I asked.

lol

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Fargin Icehole posted:

Do any of you want to play Devil's Advocate, and that maybe you think this game MIGHT be finished, in the way a steam Early Access game will be finished?

Can you elaborate? At the risk of being called a shill, I do think that barring some kind of official government intervention, a "game" called Squadron 42 will be released, but will be virtually unplayable and have none of the features backers are hoping for. I'm imagining four-player horde-mode gameplay, a disjointed single player campaign filled with elaborate cutscenes that don't make any sense, and not much else. It will be listed at $60, with a $150 collector's edition that has whatever leftover physical goods they can stuff in a box.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Holy poo poo the B'Tak one loving slayed me.

Maldavos
May 26, 2015
Grimey Drawer

You know, disco just comes off as mocking any legitimate criticism that the brown sea may have had over changing ships after cash was exchanged.

Assy move, disco.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Toops posted:

Holy poo poo the B'Tak one loving slayed me.

I know people are saying you could write doctoral theses on shitizen behaviour, I'm pretty sure you could write one on B'Tak alone.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Variable 5 posted:

Can you elaborate? At the risk of being called a shill, I do think that barring some kind of official government intervention, a "game" called Squadron 42 will be released, but will be virtually unplayable and have none of the features backers are hoping for. I'm imagining :words:

Stop right there. Anything beyond that is Shitizen-land, pure made up bullshit fantasy that will literally never happen.

You see, whatever comes after the "I'm imagining" part is what makes the SC community so tragic and hosed. All they want is to disappear into imagination land and never come back.

But they always come back, and it's a little bit worse every time they do.

I would feel genuine pity for these people if they weren't such vitriolic assholes every time you rattle their dream cage.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Variable 5 posted:

Can you elaborate? At the risk of being called a shill, I do think that barring some kind of official government intervention, a "game" called Squadron 42 will be released, but will be virtually unplayable and have none of the features backers are hoping for. I'm imagining four-player horde-mode gameplay, a disjointed single player campaign filled with elaborate cutscenes that don't make any sense, and not much else. It will be listed at $60, with a $150 collector's edition that has whatever leftover physical goods they can stuff in a box.

I mean it in a way where a steam Early Access will end, but all the problems will persist, and they just cut and run?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Toops posted:

Stop right there. Anything beyond that is Shitizen-land, pure made up bullshit fantasy that will literally never happen.

You see, whatever comes after the "I'm imagining" part is what makes the SC community so tragic and hosed. All they want is to disappear into imagination land and never come back.

But they always come back, and it's a little bit worse every time they do.

I would feel genuine pity for these people if they weren't such vitriolic assholes every time you rattle their dream cage.

They've already got Vanduul Swarm. I can see them panicking and throwing together a dozen single player "missions" and sticking whatever cutscenes they can scrape together just to rush something out the door and calling it a game. Bungie did something similar with Destiny when Activision was pressuring them to release, where they took a single mission and split it up into half a dozen smaller ones, then jamming them into the map like a kid stuffing his clothes under his bed to avoid cleaning his room.

The difference is that Bungie is competent.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

moveable shape posted:

Does anyone have the gif of Chris writing 'scam' on the whiteboard instead of 'dream'. That was a thing of beauty and should be kept handy for when reality comes crashing down on this project and its backers

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

It was a test omg he passed.

eh I read back a few pages and not sure what all this is about; all I saw was Gorf's post comparing it to Starfield but nothing ELEish... but I'll duck out now anyhow. Thread's got a weird Salem witch hunt vibe going on, dont want to get doxxed for disagreeing with the hive mind.

ps I want to give a shout out to Kayak the dog and Ray Ray in the Marcy Projects

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ragequit posted:

... but when Beet mentioned it quickly went to a dark sexual place I decided to pass on reading it.

He never said anything about it going to a sexual place.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

MeLKoR posted:

Whatever yields the most sperm oil.

this will require my waders and oil skin jim jams.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

To be fair to his first point, he is absolutely correct. The game will not under any circumstances be released with bugs.

Or without bugs.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Star Citizen: Constantly delivered eventually

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Variable 5 posted:

They've already got Vanduul Swarm. I can see them panicking and throwing together a dozen single player "missions" and sticking whatever cutscenes they can scrape together just to rush something out the door and calling it a game. Bungie did something similar with Destiny when Activision was pressuring them to release, where they took a single mission and split it up into half a dozen smaller ones, then jamming them into the map like a kid stuffing his clothes under his bed to avoid cleaning his room.

The difference is that Bungie is competent.

You're free to "see" aka "imagine" whatever you want. But I tried to "play" Vanduul Swarm, and when it's not flat bugging out and crashing, it's a bunch of lovely non-sense. I mean, I'm usually not at a loss for words, but describing just how viscerally Vanduul Swarm bothers me as a gamer just isn't really possible. There's literally no fun to be had, it's like being able to control the camera during a 3d Mark video card test.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Madcosby posted:

eh I read back a few pages and not sure what all this is about; all I saw was Gorf's post comparing it to Starfield but nothing ELEish... but I'll duck out now anyhow. Thread's got a weird Salem witch hunt vibe going on, dont want to get doxxed for disagreeing with the hive mind.

ps I want to give a shout out to Kayak the dog and Ray Ray in the Marcy Projects

SHILL DETECTED

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

orcinus posted:

Star Citizen: Constantly delivered eventually

JUST SAYIN'

ICE BURN SUCCESSF-

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
I'd like to apologize for any/all damages incurred due to flagrant use of caps.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

FrankieGoes posted:

I pulled up facebook and clicked on Message Her and it pulled up our most recent facebook convo (we've talked more recently via email and other avenues, IIRC), but the most recent FB messages between us were EQ2 related and from 2008.

I'll probably just send her a message via some avenue saying something like "Hope everything is going awesome, what do you know about Starfield, wink wink, nudge nudge" and leave it at that.

Speaking of Bethesda, shitposting here is consuming the time I meant to devote to my new concrete palace at the drive in theater. Life is a difficult balance, sometimes.

I keep reading/posting about one game and playing NO games. Going to launch a change.org petition for a 36 hour day, I think.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Toops posted:

I'd like to apologize for any/all damages incurred due to flagrant use of caps.

I felt grief.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Madcosby posted:

G0RF fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 2, 2016

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Toops posted:

You're free to "see" aka "imagine" whatever you want. But I tried to "play" Vanduul Swarm, and when it's not flat bugging out and crashing, it's a bunch of lovely non-sense. I mean, I'm usually not at a loss for words, but describing just how viscerally Vanduul Swarm bothers me as a gamer just isn't really possible. There's literally no fun to be had, it's like being able to control the camera during a 3d Mark video card test.

Yeah, I gave it a shot back when AC was first launched, and it sucked. But CIG is just unethical enough to throw a bunch of stuff together and ship it, if for nothing else than to try to be able to claim that they'd fulfilled their Kickstarter obligations. Which, again, is what I think will happen if a government agency doesn't shut them down first.

The question is, how long will that take?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
here's some :words: about the Idris

http://partedveil.com/index.php?p=1&quote=6565768

sounds promising!

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

sounds promising!

So it's "pretty much done", except for "pretty much everything."

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

G0RF posted:

Yeah my post was not ELE related or doxx related, MadCosby. I'm half-wincing, half-chuckling but people poke the Warlord at their peril. If he can grab a finger he's gonna break it. Derek gotta Derek, same as it ever was...

gently caress breaking it. He will bite it off and eat it. Then, many hours later, he will come back and vomit up the remnants on you while you're wearing your best "Sunday go to meeting" clothes/shoes.

Then wipe his mouth, laugh, and tell you YOU launched the first shot.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
So many superlatives

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/326617/hello-space-cowboys

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I wish I could read that thread disco posted that in because I imagine some serious whale ablooooblooo

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

sounds promising!
"Remember when we said the Starfarer would go out in January-- and it went out in March..."

Went out of where? It stuck inside a hangar -- doing nothing but opening and closing the hatch and getting people lost inside it...

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Well it's "pretty much done" the same way that Star Marine "is in the game right now" so hey whatever right?

Let me see.
Alas, poor Lando!
I knew him, Lesnick, a fellow of infinite leaks, of most excellent fanboying.
He hath borne ship news on his back a thousand times, and now, how abhorred in my spaceship dreams it is!
My pledges rises at it.
Here hung those lips that I have been scammed by I know not how oft.
Where be your community posts now?
Your deflections of criticism?
Your tweets showing Chris' car?
Your empty stares at the camera that were wont to set the twitch chat on a roar?
Not one now to mock your own sales pitches?
Quite chapfallen?
Now get you to Sandi’s chamber and tell her, let her bring donuts iced with sugar an inch thick, to this favor she must come.
Make her blink rapidly at that.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

what the hell does cowboy bebop have to do with star citizen

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

It's a prolific space-travel capable setting with a somewhat down-to-earth technological design that makes it look like an average joe could just bum around space doing odd jobs and living an un-tethered lifestyle.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

alf_pogs posted:

"I felt like I was watching a dream I’d never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was all over."

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It's a prolific space-travel capable setting with a somewhat down-to-earth technological design that makes it look like an average joe could just bum around space doing odd jobs and living an un-tethered lifestyle.

So Elite: Dangerous, then.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
in his last 24 hours on twitter, Lethality pesters Lando about people posting subscriber content on reddit

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/720424528288038912

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 14, 2016

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Literally Kermit posted:

So Elite: Dangerous, then.

Don't go bringing the obvious into discussions like this it only makes the Citizens territorial and they pee on everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomtrain
Sep 12, 2006
A mood train?

ManofManyAliases posted:

I have cats. These are them:

Baby Felix:

Adult Felix:

Baby Sammy:

Adult Sammy:

Thats him, with the cats!