Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

could you zoom with the binoculars using the d-pad in other Souls games? it's really great

its great for screenshots if you turn off the hud too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
...Sulyvhan...!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HORMELCHILI posted:

its great for screenshots if you turn off the hud too

Auto-HUD ftw. It was rly annoying doing it manually whenever I wanted to screenshot stuff in Bloodborne

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Has anyone had the sorcerer guys outside the Crystal Sage boss fight drop their hats? I need one

edit: had like two staff drops from them but no clothes yet .... not sure if it's worth popping a coin or not

goferchan fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 14, 2016

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

oh damnit he gott me all hyped up to go back to the settlement

Soz lol. Though odds are you missed something anyway this place is ludicrous

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

net cafe scandal posted:

Soz lol. Though odds are you missed something anyway this place is ludicrous

ive been through it a dozen + times trolling with the mad phantom covenant lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i just absolutely demolished a forest invader with half health + no estus. he healed four times. the longsword is ridiculously good

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
pontiff fight rules so hard and I'm glad I couldn't summon phantoms for it. it's my new favorite fight.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the necropolis place with the maggot zombies is so loving awesome. they started coming out of the ground, and i was like "easy enough" so i walked down the line slaying them, and then one hit me from behind, and i rolled and turned to see that they just keep coming, so i'm fighting the new ones behind me, and one of the old ones barfs bleed maggots all over me, so i make a mad dash through the graveyard, and then just barely lose to the twin blade lady up the way. it's the best souls graveyard i've ever seen. probably even the best graveyard in a video game.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

also when you invade someone i dont understand the people who would rather just jump off a cliff than fight? thats so lame

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

the necropolis place with the maggot zombies is so loving awesome. they started coming out of the ground, and i was like "easy enough" so i walked down the line slaying them, and then one hit me from behind, and i rolled and turned to see that they just keep coming, so i'm fighting the new ones behind me, and one of the old ones barfs bleed maggots all over me, so i make a mad dash through the graveyard, and then just barely lose to the twin blade lady up the way. it's the best souls graveyard i've ever seen. probably even the best graveyard in a video game.

Wait is this the area after Farron Keep bossfight or different? Because this sounds nothing like the grave area I found unless I just didn't go deep enough

goferchan fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 14, 2016

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
if you invade someone, don't bow like an idiot. youre an invader act like it

if purple its cool tho

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

klapman posted:

if you invade someone, don't bow like an idiot. youre an invader act like it

if purple its cool tho

"honor" people are all reddit-tier retards

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i always got indicted for killing afk people in dark souls 1 even if i kicked them a couple times to get their attention, gently caress you too buddy

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm keeping a journal of my adventures and deaths and will post all the pages and drawings and maps when I'm done

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

a Loving Dog posted:

"honor" people are all reddit-tier retards

Bow, friend of the family

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i bow but i backstep cancel it to show im ready for anything

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just put the uchigatanan to rest. The greatsword from tree dude owns so much

I have only been plauing with the push up rules and i have done 220 pushups so far. Thanks IZ

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

Wait is this the area after Farron Keep bossfight or different? Because this sounds nothing like the grave area I found unless I just didn't go deep enough

on road of sacrifice. right after you fight the guy with the spider shield

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like to wave or something when I'm invading to be silly but whenever I do that usually what happens is the unseen Sunlight Warrior backstabs me with a claymore while the host and his other phantom start spamming spells or arrows

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The boss weapon spear from the tree boss + the ring from Vordt is ridiuclous by the way. You get like 50 or so health after every kill and if you get a sweet combo or maybe hit a group with the L2, you get even more health back.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Showin off online with the Farron Greatsword all night long. People don't expect the flippin and skatin

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the lategame zones were designed for invasions..i mean the whole game is really, but this section especially so. the enemies are individually very strong so if the host has a phantom, i just team up w/ a monster for some 2v2 action and usually win. im having so much fun with the pvp

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

on road of sacrifice. right after you fight the guy with the spider shield

Oh ok yeah I just found it and I think this is the level-appropriate place for me to be instead of where I was before . Still dying a lot but it's because of tricks and bull poo poo instead of getting straight up outmuscled and it feels a little better

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ran into a purple invader while i was invading that fired a kamehameha beam spell at me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the boss is insanely loving hard so everyone is desperately summoning full squads while getting a conga line of assholes like me coming in. this is the best souls period

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Can anyone confirm that the buckler is still easymode parrying, I've been using it and it feels that way.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

Bobnumerotres posted:

the boss is insanely loving hard so everyone is desperately summoning full squads while getting a conga line of assholes like me coming in. this is the best souls period
back alley knife fights in farron keep ftmfw

Dec 26, 2012

im glad some people want to be my madman friend :)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

01011001 posted:

im glad some people want to be my madman friend :)

gain trust, help them to the next couple bonfires, betray trust ftw

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I made it to the Curse Tree without finding the Mound Makers so I looked it up. Wow thats pretty obscure lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sadly half the time when i invade the host is steps away from the boss fog :/

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmfao. I got down to half health and no estus while the host had full HP and he decided to book it to the bonfire and summon more people. Well, two can play at this game. Im just gonna camp near the boss and AFK with the steam overlay

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Host must have fell off a cliff and died or something because he never even got close to Crystal Sage but he died. Lmao.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I made it to the Curse Tree without finding the Mound Makers so I looked it up. Wow thats pretty obscure lol.

I stumbled upon it by accident but its kinda hosed up since its the one exception to the rule in the series where you aren't able to lock on to NPCs that you can interact with. I guess in this case you aren't interacting with the NPC itself so it makes sense but yeah I never would have found it if I wasn't moving in for the backstab and noticed the prompt to hit X. The cutscene for doing so is extremely freaky and everyone should see it though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

sadly half the time when i invade the host is steps away from the boss fog :/

If you're mound making don't invade, lay down a summon sign and for some reason people will summon you even though afaik there's no benefit in doing so over summoning a white phantom. I get hits all the time from very trusting hosts and it's great

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the feeling of killing awesome late game bosses on your first attempt after getting owned a lit in the early game is gaming ambrosia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Where is the summoning soapstone

• Locked thread