Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

FactsAreUseless posted:

Season 2 deals with the Time Masters' evil nemeses, the Crime Masters.
Ironically, the organization is run by Tim E. Masters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

GreenNight posted:

Did they ever mention if Vandal Savage could have children?

In the comics, he has tons of kids/descendants whose existence is literally only to provide an organ bank for him; when one of his parts starts going on the fritz, he just goes to a family tree chart and picks one out, has them kidnapped/murdered and gets his part replaced.

Dunno how they handle the brain though.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
The bicentennial man was way better at that

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Binary Badger posted:

In the comics, he has tons of kids/descendants whose existence is literally only to provide an organ bank for him; when one of his parts starts going on the fritz, he just goes to a family tree chart and picks one out, has them kidnapped/murdered and gets his part replaced.

Dunno how they handle the brain though.

... Organ harvesting? But uhhh I thought he couldn't die no matter what. Maybe the gang should invite him out for drinks until he gets alcohol poisoning. Sara and Snart could drink him under the table.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Krad posted:

... Organ harvesting? But uhhh I thought he couldn't die no matter what. Maybe the gang should invite him out for drinks until he gets alcohol poisoning. Sara and Snart could drink him under the table.

Pre-Flashpoint Savage was immortal, but not invulnerable and not capable of total regeneration like this version. He was still a megalomaniac with ideations of conquest. He was ties to the Vandals for obvious reasons.

Post-Flashpoint Savage is a bit more muddled. In that his depiction in Demon Knights has him as more Nihilistic Barbarian, a mini has him as a Hannibal Lecter type of Sociopath and his most recent appearance is typical supervillain.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
The episode description meme is pretty great, but I think it's greatest when the C-plot description (the ole A,B,C tv-writing thing) is something totally inconsequential. Bonus points when it plays on Ray being awkward.

Rhyno posted:

His uncle Handle is kind of bitter though.

"The pumps don't work 'cause Vandal took the Handles."

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
A barfight with a Wilhelm Scream. I didn't know how much I needed that today.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

edit: whoops

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Leaked ep stuff:

This is terrible, they cheaped out on the Hex makeup, and somehow the Hawkgirl storyline just got even worse. This show practically counts as pro-Savage propaganda by this point.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

A barfight with a Wilhelm Scream. I didn't know how much I needed that today.

Every time I hear Wilhelm Scream my brain auto substitutes Goofy Holler and I'm gonna be honest with you it makes life better

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
This is the dumbest show I have enjoyed watching since The Dukes of Hazzard was on and I was 11.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

Every time I hear Wilhelm Scream my brain auto substitutes Goofy Holler and I'm gonna be honest with you it makes life better

Do you mean "YAAAA-HOO-HOo-Hoo-hoo!" ?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Do you mean "YAAAA-HOO-HOo-Hoo-hoo!" ?

The last syllable is hooey you loving Philistine

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Chokes McGee posted:

I thought I was the only one!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vandal Savage invented the Roman aqueduct... then lined them with lead because he's evil.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
The Team goes back to 1855 to prevent Vandal Savage from precipitating the American Civil War for his own ends. Jackson feels uncomfortable, saying his "separate but equal" relationship with Stein has hit an impasse. Ray trips on a racist and starts to apologize.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Turns out that Vandal Savage was the CEO of JNCO Apparel for several years in the mid-90's. He negotiated the licensing contract with Warner Bros. to use Looney Tunes likenesses on the product.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The team goes back to 1990 to foil Vandal Savage's plans of making "Ice Ice Baby" a billboard charting hit. They fail.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 13, 2016

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Xoidanor posted:

The team goes back to 1990 to foil Vandal Savage's plans of making "Ice Ice Baby" a billboard charting hit. They fail.

In a post-script scene, Leonard Snart squirrels away the lyrics for future possibilities.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Xoidanor posted:

Ljungby, Sweden.

September of 1986.

Vandal Savage is seen laying down spike strips in preparation for a specific tour bus.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The team investigate a mysterious ghostly astronaut. Everyone runs through a lot of doors. Vandal Savage turns a high school into a race track. Sara and Snart eat a large meal.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sara and Snart eat a large meal.

See? This is why it works.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Everyone runs through a lot of doors.

Though this is pretty good too as part of the A-plot.

The Team travels back to ancient Greece where Vandal Savage has advanced the notion of poisoning Socrates. They fail. Ray meets a young boy.

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 13, 2016

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
It's Hamlet's opening night, and Vandal Savage has kidnapped William Shakespeare in an attempt to control the crown. Snart has to replace the famous playwright until the team gets him back. Ray forgets to change his clothes but no one notices.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Can't wait until the episode were we find out that Jack the Ripper was Savage, and one of the women he murdered was Hawkgirl. He was also William Gull at the time too.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
The team assembles an army composed of every Hawkman and Hawkgirl in history to finish off Savage once and for all. However, the mission falls apart when grade school style cliques begin to form.

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 13, 2016

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Y'know, one of the more oblique failings of the show is that they haven't come across any alternate versions of the Hawks throughout history. It's not like Carter and Kendra would remember those meetings very clearly anyway so you shouldn't even have to worry about messing up the timeline..

...oh I see, that's why they haven't done it :v:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Why would anyone want more screentime for the Hawkpeople?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Krad posted:

Why would anyone want more screentime for the Hawkpeople?

I'd take it if it means Hawkdude dying like an idiot again.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Xoidanor posted:

I'd take it if it means Hawkdude dying like an idiot again.

The team meets up with the 1800's version of Carter. A jealous Ray accidentally causes him to merge with every other version of Hawkman throughout history, creating the Hawkgod.

Snart steals Lincoln's hat.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Show would be so much better if Snart started stealing historical artifacts for kicks.

That's the magna carta!
I thought it would look good in my bathroom

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
The team travels back to the 1770's to stop Savage from intervening in the Revolutionary War. Snart and Mick get bored, kick some tea into Boston Harbor. Ray makes Gideon a robot body

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Is Booster Gold in this show at all?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

MrSlam posted:

Is Booster Gold in this show at all?

Nope, no mention of him either.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

OB_Juan posted:

The team travels back to the 1770's to stop Savage from intervening in the Revolutionary War. Snart and Mick get bored, kick some tea into Boston Harbor. Ray makes Gideon a robot body

Anything that makes this show like the Green Lantern cartoon a few years back is a good thing.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Show would be so much better if Snart started stealing historical artifacts for kicks.

That's the magna carta!

And he uses the ship to make almost perfect replicas, but since its past no one has the technology to notice and by the time they do it is actually the correct age of the artifact.

"You stole the Declaration of Independence?!"

"No, just the first draft. Jefferson is convinced the maidservant accidentally threw it away so no harm done"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

twistedmentat posted:

That's the magna carta!

Now I want to watch a show about a team of time-travelling thieves, pulling off heists throughout history.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Now I want to watch a show about a team of time-travelling thieves, pulling off heists throughout history.

So...Carmen Sandiego or Lupin III but with time travel then?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Why have they been going non-lethal all season if killing was apparently not that big a deal? Or any deal, poor guy was forgotten about in 2 minutes.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Xelkelvos posted:

So...Carmen Sandiego or Lupin III but with time travel then?

I've no idea what Lupin III is, but wasn't Carmen Sandiego about a group of kids tracking down a criminal by learning geography facts? That isn't really what I was thinking of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well she stole things from around the world, like SNART would. And actually one time she did travel through time.

• Locked thread